[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Thanks @h2ogirl for pointing about the location, I didn't noticed that!

Too focused on the two of them, I didn't pay attention at the surrounding area...:sweatingbullets:

That is one passionate confession from PDH, the best he can give in their circumstances. 

If his feelings for LJA is purely platonic, he would take the chance given by LJA to reject her, to make things clear that he won't reciprocate her feelings, that she should stop liking him.

But instead he gave her a speech about human relationships bla bla...

He might think that what he did was a form of kindness, but I think it's kind of...cruel?

To bind her like that, while he's unable to be with her...

On the other hand, he's also helpless in this situation... because how can he let go the one person who help him breathe?

The way he ended the speech is heartbreaking...

Let's do that, stay in each other's lives...

Because that's all I can offer you right now...

rymxhf8l.jpg

It's been three months since the drama ended, but no sign of moving on here :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, widala said:

It's been three months since the drama ended, but no sign of moving on here :sweatingbullets:

Youre not alone :huh:

58 minutes ago, ladyrini said:

To be honest, if one day LSK gets to act with someone younger as IU or anyone else with this kind of "MM chemistry", I will be jealous to the max. In my mind, I can only imagine LSK with IU. Omg, I just fell into the rabbit hole. Help...Hahaha!!!

Nooo:tears::lol: atleast let them act together again!! Please :lol:

• Like 8

Helloooo!!!!!!!I've been following this thread almost since the beginning and i would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all these wonderfully thorough insights about this magestic show!!!

I've never joined an online discussion about anything, i'm way too "internet shy" but this show has made me come out of my shell, i mean is that good, but you all know that.

I don't know if it has been discussed before but during my rewatch i noticed a similarity in the way the monk,KH and DH recognized JH,yura and JA almost instantly by their hair.

DH started to recognise JA in their first subway scene together by her ponytail, KH began to recognise yura in ep5 by her head first and then by her voice and  the monk knew instantly it was JH looking only at her hair profile

Or my shipper heart is jut wayyy too delusional lol

Edited by dreamer
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, ladyrini said:

To be honest, if one day LSK gets to act with someone younger as IU or anyone else with this kind of "MM chemistry" or even filled with sweet scenes, then I will be jealous to the max. In my mind, I can only imagine LSK with IU. Omg, I just fell into the rabbit hole. Help...Hahaha!!!

So would the reverse happen as well?  Will you get jealous on behalf of LSK if IU acts lovey-dovey with another actor in her next drama?  Because we know it is only a matter of time. :lol:

4 hours ago, dreamer said:

I don't know if it has been discussed before but during my rewatch i noticed a similarity in the way the monk,KH and DH recognized JH,yura and JA almost instantly by their hair.

DH started to recognise JA in their first subway scene together by her ponytail, KH began to recognise yura in ep5 by her head first and then by her voice and  the monk knew instantly it was JH looking only at her hair profile

Or my shipper heart is jut wayyy too delusional lol

@dreamer, welcome.  Pretty amazed that we still have new posters joining this thread three months after the show's conclusion.  I noticed the scene in the subway, too.  He kept switching between her ankles and the back of her head.  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

So would the reverse happen as well?  Will you get jealous on behalf of LSK if IU acts lovey-dovey with another actor in her next drama?  Because we know it is only a matter of time. :lol:

@dreamer, welcome.  Pretty amazed that we still have new posters joining this thread three months after the show's conclusion.  I noticed the scene in the subway, too.  He kept switching between her ankles and the back of her head.  

Good point. In this matter, I'm positioning myself as IU, so I don't have any problem when she romancing other actors. I think I can't stand to watch LSK acts lovey-dovey with any other younger actress (in the same or below IU's age) after MM's era. What a weird feeling, tho. I guess this happens when you become a delusional shipper. LMAO

The same question asked by DJY to JA in EP 11. 

Why do women like Park Dong Hoon? 

He's nothing special from a male's perspective.

Why do you like him? Let me hear your reason. 

I'm asking because I'm curious. 

Edited by noklek
  • Like 7

One of the reasons why i like PDH is because he always asked YH, "Want me to buy something for you?" 

But i just like PDH. It was easy to like him. How can i not like PDH?

9 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

LSK: “WHY DO YOU LIKE ME?” IU: “I JUST DO.”

Read the rest on Give Me Slippers.

Thank you for translating this interview,  @justamom!  This is such a treasure.  We actually get to read their thoughts about the drama,  their characters and each other. It's clear that LSK and LJE really like each other in real life and that came out in their acting. And the way they teased each other about why Lee Ji An liked Park Dong Hoon is just cute and adorable. :wub:  I am once again amazed at their effortless chemistry. These two are just beautiful that I would want to see them together in another project. I totally ship them onscreen!  Coz that's the farthest I can go. :D

And again,  I just want to commend them for such brilliant acting.  They were totally immersed in their characters that their own personalities totally disappeared.

MA has turned me into LJE's fan as an actress. As for LSK, I bow to his greatness.  :)

• Like 12

4 hours ago, noklek said:

The same question asked by DJY to JA in EP 11. 

Why do women like Park Dong Hoon? 

He's nothing special from a male's perspective.

Why do you like him? Let me hear your reason. 

I'm asking because I'm curious. 

I wish someone would do a character analysis on Do Joon Young.  He is a pathetic jerk, but that doesn't mean he is not funny.  He is amusingly pitiful and very entertaining.

Why do I like Park Dong Hoon?  He is a true man.  He doesn't even have to try to appear manly, he just is, in all sense of the word.  

Welcome @noklek!  Glad you finally posted.

• Like 9

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, ladyrini said:

Yes, every country has different rules when it comes to on-screen romance, but they shouldn't make it obvious when it comes to IU 'coz she needs to hone her acting skills by pairing with LSK . Btw, thanks for sharing!

Thanks a lot for your greetings. It is better to arrive late to the party than not to arrive at all. LOL. And I still have to watch this drama for the second time!!!!!!! 

• Like 8

I've always wondered about this drama's influence in Korea itself. Do they finally admit LSK & IU are a great pair on-screen and ship them also like us in here?

I think PDH not only likeable for women but also men.

He has a loyal team, other subordinates look up to him (maybe also slightly pity him because he's being bullied by Dir. Yoon), Chairman Jang and Director Park Dong Woon like him, his rival in director's candidate also seems to respect him. Not to mention his buddies and the people in the Hoogye neighborhood.

He's a nice and kind person, who appealed to both men and women (cats and dogs too maybe :D).

And he is genuine. He's not the type who's being nice just because he wants something (even DJY confirmed this).

But, while this trait is his strength, it was also his weakness.

...and he puts up with others to the extent that he’s lonely and suffers...

And Lee Ji An sees him through :

You're struggling through your life sentence of earnestness.

I hope his new self (after the time skip) found the balance of being kind without hurting himself...

And it's just one point (kindness).

There are also how he deals with prejudice, and his internal strength/force...

(I'll talk about it later maybe...)

Personally, I found PDH attractive because of his flaws and how he handled them... But most importantly it's the sharp nose, the hot bod, the cute smile and did I mention the voice? I mean, the VOICE! (Yes, I'm shallow, sorry not sorry B))

May I add something?

This is my take on DJY words

"Why do women like PDH?"

I think the "women" DJY meant was not really women in general, but Kang Yoon Hee.

"Why does KYH like PDH?"

"Why did she chose him? Not me?"

Because even when they were in their lovenest, she kept talking about PDH.

DJY called her out for this. "You must be still love PDH..." (I'm paraphrasing, couldn't remember the exact word or the episode, I'll try to find it later), which she didn't really deny outright.

But, love and affection KYH had for PDH wasn't enough to make her stay in the marriage, because he doesn't have what she wanted in a spouse...

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Tollgate polls! if you haven't voted already, please do visit the events section under Home > soompi info > events

based on members nominations, there are 5 polls. look for these threads within the events section here :

tollgate poll 1 - villains

tollgate poll 2 - dramas

tollgate poll 3 - side characters

tollgate poll 4 - OTP, leads

tollgate poll 5 - misc

based on nominations, this drama was suggested for drama category. if you think this drama is like a good meal, then cast your vote!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, widala said:

Personally, I found PDH attractive because of his flaws and how he handled them... But most importantly it's the sharp nose, the hot bod, the cute smile and did I mention the voice? I mean, the VOICE! (Yes, I'm shallow, sorry not sorry B))

Hot bod ?? Did I miss something ? Where did you even get to watch PDH hot bod amongst hundred layers of winter clothes.. 

did you just let your imagination run wild ?? He...he..

On a side note some of the fanfic are so well written that the line between drama and fanfic kind of blurs for me. I have to actually confirm that the loving look , that touch which PDH gives to Jian is just in fanfic world and not in the drama.. lol!!!

And why do I like PDH ? 

Let me too be shallow and just say , because it’s LSK, because it’s the voice.. bc I just like him !! How can you not like him ??? :) 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, t123han said:

Hot bod ?? Did I miss something ? Where did you even get to watch PDH hot bod amongst hundred layers of winter clothes.. 

9u0Yrexl.jpg

Yep, totally just my imagination :phew:

Now, Park Dong Hoon is silently judging me because of my sleazy mind...

ALzX3FX.jpg

2MoTGR1.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

Just to say again cos everyone needs to be aware.... 

It's the coming to winter cold days end "ber" months. which means end of the year awards coming up. 'With apologies to Kim Tae Ri and other actresses,  I'm no fan of hers but  IU got to be recognized for her good acting in this drama. I'm jaded or cynic when it comes to awards thing cos it's mostly popular awards,  she's got to be appreciated for doing a good job here. Plus brilliant writing for this drama also has to win an award. I'd say this is one of the best dramas of 2018. The whole drama should be recognized actually. No need to have technical aspects cinematography for a drama to be powerful. It's simple dark look at life and work and helplessness yet showed us what grit and determination  and loneliness and friendship and family means.

• Like 13

18 hours ago, widala said:

Yep, totally just my imagination :phew:

Now, Park Dong Hoon is silently judging me because of my sleazy mind...

@widala my friend, I think it's safe to say you're not the only one.  This poster from the DC inside might be your long lost twin: 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leesk&no=120577&page=1  

I lol'ed hard. Make sure to google translate to get the full effect.  :lol:

20 hours ago, t123han said:

This soccer scene is your best bet (where he is most skimpily clothed throughout the whole show):

1JZlZvy.png

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

14 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

@widala my friend, I think it's safe to say you're not the only one.  This poster from the DC inside might be your long lost twin: 

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=leesk&no=120577&page=1  

I lol'ed hard. Make sure to google translate to get the full effect.  :lol:

This soccer scene is your best bet (where he is most "skimpily" clothed throughout the whole show):

@sadiesmith hahaha!  If that's "skimpily clothed" for PDH,  I wonder how he would look like all wrapped up. :D

But I do love PDH in those soccer scenes. He looks so natural. It's as if he's in his element, where he's supposed to be. 

• Like 10

@noklek on the reasons why I like PDH, others here have said them all, and I agree with them (“manly and hot bod” included!) :lol: in my own words, I like him because he is a very kind person, and I think the world now need more people who are kind to others, willing to help others sincerely, no hidden agenda, the world really could use people like PDH who respect others no matter what their social status is,,so for me it’s like Dong Hoon’s character help to keep my faith in humanity,,:love:

and of course PDH being attractive just add to his positive side (shallow of me, hahaa),,

one last thing, I admire people who can be a good influencer for others, and the way Dong Hoon’s character (especially for being kind and sincere) touch Ji An’s heart so that she grown into someone better, willing to change to be a better person, that’s really get me, I love him for that,,of course Ji An also has influenced Dong Hoon to grow into a better person too, now they’re just perfect for each other :wub:

#foreverashipper :D

I have read the updated interview translation in the fan site, again thank you soo much for the hard work guys,, I really enjoy reading it, many many thanks @justamom !

• Like 8