[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

13 hours ago, justamom said:

"Oh Nara - 'Our My Ahjussi chat is just as hot as ever."

Actress Oh Nara praises the teamwork in My Ahjussi.

It's been ten days since the drama ended. But "it still feels like we're filming", everyone in the My Ahjussi chatroom still addresses each other by their character names, engaging in active discussion. It feels like "we're in an extension" (of the drama).

Oh passionately portrayed Park Jeong Hee, owner of Jeong Hee's bar in the drama. Forming strong bonds with of course Dong Hoon, his brothers Sang Hoon & Ki Hoon, their mother and Lee Ji An, she displayed an irreplaceable presence.

My Ahjussi has been called a healing story where people learn how to overcome life's burdens, discovering the meaning of life through one another. Oh agrees.

"My Ahjussi was my 'insaeng drama' for audiences as well as for me. I was startled to see how immersed I was when I came out ( 제가 나오면 깜짝 놀랄 정도로 몰입해서 봤죠. not sure I translated this line correctly) The truth is, there haven't been many dramas recently with the scent of humanity, have there? It was great to have encountered such a drama after such a long time. It's not just about humanity, it healed and comforted us. Before I knew it my tears were falling. Even the cinematography was excellent, the scenes in Jeong Hee's bar were like appearing in a fantasy. It was very satisfying."

The tight teamwork of My Ahjussi is also well-known. Not just among the actors but PD Kim Won Suk and his team. Oh says, "the team work was truly great." It felt like we were a family while filming. Because of that we started calling each other by our character's names very naturally. Lee Seon Gyun became "Do Hoon-ah", Lee Ji Eun became "Ji An-ah". "We're still calling each other like that. It seems like no one wants to let go of the show. It's the same for me," she says.

The teamwork of My Ahjussi continues even after the final broadcast. Following the reward trip, they've decided to meet this Friday. Everyone from Kim Won Suk to Park Hae Young is coming.

"We decided to have a really big gathering. We're planning to eat sea snails in a restaurant like Jeong Hee's. It was Lee Seon Gyun's idea. Everyone from the production team to the cast is coming. A lot of us won't be taking part in the reward trip due to our schedules. I think this will be the first time that we feel so empty."

Me: HAHAHA! They are having just as hard a time getting out of character as us!! Still calling each other Do Hoon-ah and Ji An-ah....:lol:

I love Oh Na Ra!  Another discovery that makes me glad I watched this drama.  Come to think of it, this drama has introduced me to a lot of excellent actors.  Because my exposure to the world of KDrama has been limited to what’s considered by the mass population as the most popular, I’m mostly familiar with the celebrities and idols but not the thespians.  It’s so refreshing to get to watch really skilled actors in their craft. 

It’s also good to know that they’ve established a relationship with each other outside the drama and continue to keep in touch.  It will be a wonderful support system especially for the hoobaes LJE and Jang Ki Young as they can get valuable input in honing their acting skills from these veterans.  :)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, berny said:

Alway's Something There to Remind Me

I walk along the city streets ..you used to walk along with me
And every step I take reminds me of just how we used to be
Well, how can I forget you, girl?
When there is always something there to remind me
Always something there to remind me

:rolleyes:

Lady bugs
Coffee
Sneakers
Slippers
Electricity poles
Copier machine

Soccer
Traffic lights
Telephone booths
Cellphones
Beer
Persimmons
Moon
Trains

Railroads 

Always something there to remind me
I was born to love her, and I will never be free
You'll always be a part of me

How cool is that... the MA Team has their own chatroom .. Hahha just like us here in Soompi..

Can't let go?

What is moving on? 

:tongue:

Seriously their drama, their bond is epic, as I've said it's going to be a classic and will be remembered for a long, long time.
The team should be friends for life... have a regular meet-ups.. atleast once a month.

Better yet make a new project together.

@berny plus warm friendly bars ….quaint love songs karaoke   ...silent midnight walks in cold winter...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Oh, could you please share the link to this gif?  I would so love to see it.

Are people at DCinside trying to decode their relationship as well?  

I've been lost in the rabbit hole of DC Inside the past few days.There are so many really interesting and well-written posts there. A looot of analysis and looking for code in the little things. Some things they mentioned were almost exactly the same as the things people here have said.

They're split between the shippers and non-shippers too. The fighting was intense, but it's mostly settled down now and people generally seem to accept that they're in love. Tons of funny edits and fanmade spin-offs.

There were some half-joking comments about people shipping JA with DJY and DH with JH. :wacko:

I thought about translating some posts but I wasn't sure if people here would be interested. I'll try to find some of the ones I liked and translate them for everyone.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, rellea said:

I've been lost in the rabbit hole of DC Inside the past few days.There are so many really interesting and well-written posts there. A looot of analysis and looking for code in the little things. Some things they mentioned were almost exactly the same as the things people here have said.

They're split between the shippers and non-shippers too. The fighting was intense, but it's mostly settled down now and people generally seem to accept that they're in love. Tons of funny edits and fanmade spin-offs.

There were some half-joking comments about people shipping JA with DJY and DH with JH. :wacko:

I thought about translating some posts but I wasn't sure if people here would be interested. I'll try to find some of the ones I liked and translate them for everyone.

Are you joking?  Don't you know coming to this thread and seeing new postings is what keeps us from going insane?

So even Koreans have come to terms that their relationship is romantic?  See, if they had been more open minded in the beginning we would have been happier now instead of forever thinking about the what-ifs.  Oh, well.  And LOL at their writing fanfics, too.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

42 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Are you joking?  Don't you know coming to this thread and seeing new postings is what keeps us from going insane?

So even Koreans have come to terms that their relationship is romantic?  See, if they had been more open minded in the beginning we would have been happier now instead of forever thinking about the what-ifs.  Oh, well.  And LOL at their writing fanfics, too.  

Right??? The annoying could’ves and would’ves. I just wish they didn’t listen to them but Oh Well haha

• Like 7

I don't know if anyone in this forum pointed this out already.. Someone from DCInside caught this moment when DH shed a tear for JA before he arrived at GI's office.. (I didn't even notice, cause the scene is pretty dark) This actually made the fighting scene all the more impactful.. 

1527678780.gif

source

My Ahjussi's Instrumental Compilation

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, rellea said:

You are tempting me!!! 

-no I will not peek-

-no I will not peek-

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

And yes, please post them here!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Not sure if this had been posted already before...

About LJE's  Birthday Mini-Fanmeeting Event & Screening of MA  (Episode 15)

When she blew the candles and made a wish.. it is for MA to have the highest rating on their finale.

And her wish came true.

:)

yes.png

And this heartfelt message....

Spoiler

Lee Sun Kyun birthday message for her :

hayyyyy.png

LSK :

Jieun- ah !

Congratulations on your 26th Birthday !

Since last year's cold winter... about 4.5 months

I felt so grateful to be able to work with you.. and your character Lee Ji An

I was really happy 

I believe through this project, you have proven the qualities you have
not just as a singer.. but as an actress too.

So I am really happy for you !
I hope you'll receive lots of love as actress Lee Jieun too.

I learned a lot and was really happy.
You've worked hard.

Thank you for being with us.

Stay energetic and fighting !
Let's be happy in the future too.
Though we won't be able to meet often,

But just like Park Dong Hoon, 

I'll always root for you on the sidelines.
Thank you, Happy Birthday to you !

Thank you.

♥ ♥ ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

LJE posted:

sweet.jpg

He is such a thoughtful, caring soonbae to LJE.

Such a sweetie.

And he is cute too... handsome...and yes hot ! super ! :tongue:
I am triggered by those haters who say otherwise.
Seriously even on an acting level he is one of my top favorites.

Pretty actors who cannot even act have no appeal to me at all.

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, berny said:

Though we won't be able to meet often,

But just like Park Dong Hoon, 

I'll always root for you on the sidelines.

I thought she's supposed to call him and ask him out for something delicious.

• LOL 15

9 minutes ago, justamom said:

I thought she's supposed to call him and ask him out for something delicious.

It was the screening only of Episode 15.... Hahhha... he cannot give Spoilers for Ep 16.

:blush:

• LOL 10

I only included the meat of this post. It's a long one based on the background lines in the offices during the first and last episodes. I noticed that some subtitles for these scenes weren't accurate.

Not everyone might agree with this post, but I thought it was interesting enough to post anyway.

Here goes:

The first episode opens to a bustling office scene. A female employee has a phone tucked under her chin while she arranges some documents and gives her lines. "In this case, I don't think that the....(?) Yes, concrete will not be strong enough (the strength of concrete is not sufficient). I think we will have to look for a different method of reinforcement."

<We will have to look for a different method of reinforcement>

While this line is said, the scene changes to Jian watering the plants. Could her act of giving water to the plants have meaning as well?

Several more scenes showing Jian are shown while male employees speak jargon about concrete and strength and so on in the background. We then see Donghoon working hard at his desk accompanied by this line:

"Well what can we do... We have to reinforce it... It's a new building... We have to reinforce it."

The line <We have to reinforce it> is repeated several times while Donghoon and Jian are shown in one screen and then alternatively.

If we were to analyze this, Donhoon's and Jian's present situations are like buildings with concrete of insufficient strength and thus dangerous. Everything about their lives needs a method of reinforcement. And I believe that the scenes and lines imply that is each other. To give each other the strength for a new life.

And in the last episode, episode 16.

Donghoon has started a new company with his employees when a phone call comes. Donghoon walks over to pick up the phone and says something along the lines of the following: "Yes. Yes. I've checked it. Ah, but when considering emergency situations, in order to evacuate 4,000 people in 20 minutes, you will need one more stairway. Yes. If we go by the current design, there would not be enough time to evacuate in emergencies." And then we see LJA's brightened and sophisticated figure.

Donghoon certainly appears much brighter. However, the lines <need one more stairway>, <if we go by the current design there is not enough time to evacuate>. In the end, Donghoon, in his current, stably designed condition, still needs some kind of emergency exit to escape the tightness/harshness of life. That is LJA.

My conclusion from the above lines is "Donghoon's exit is Jian."

Could I have gone too far? They say that Won Suk PD never puts any fluff in his works (ie everything has meaning!). I'm certain that there is meaning even in the seemingly ordinary scenes and lines.

The poster updated with clarification since people were confused by the wording of "exit":

My thoughts are such: there is an already designed/constructed building, but it needs a stairway for emergency situations. Similarly, when the now comfortable and stable Donghoon comes across emergency situations in the future, he will need his own stairway. That is Jian.

So my conclusion is that in the long life ahead of him, the one passage that will let Donghoon breathe is Jian.

source: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=53666&page=8

• Like 15
  • Thanks 7

26 minutes ago, rellea said:

I only included the meat of this post. It's a long one based on the background lines in the offices during the first and last episodes. I noticed that some subtitles for these scenes weren't accurate.

Not everyone might agree with this post, but I thought it was interesting enough to post anyway.

Here goes:

The first episode opens to a bustling office scene. A female employee has a phone tucked under her chin while she arranges some documents and gives her lines. "In this case, I don't think that the....(?) Yes, concrete will not be strong enough (the strength of concrete is not sufficient). I think we will have to look for a different method of reinforcement."

<We will have to look for a different method of reinforcement>

While this line is said, the scene changes to Jian watering the plants. Could her act of giving water to the plants have meaning as well?

Several more scenes showing Jian are shown while male employees speak jargon about concrete and strength and so on in the background. We then see Donghoon working hard at his desk accompanied by this line:

"Well what can we do... We have to reinforce it... It's a new building... We have to reinforce it."

The line <We have to reinforce it> is repeated several times while Donghoon and Jian are shown in one screen and then alternatively.

If we were to analyze this, Donhoon's and Jian's present situations are like buildings with concrete of insufficient strength and thus dangerous. Everything about their lives needs a method of reinforcement. And I believe that the scenes and lines imply that is each other. To give each other the strength for a new life.

And in the last episode, episode 16.

Donghoon has started a new company with his employees when a phone call comes. Donghoon walks over to pick up the phone and says something along the lines of the following: "Yes. Yes. I've checked it. Ah, but when considering emergency situations, in order to evacuate 4,000 people in 20 minutes, you will need one more stairway. Yes. If we go by the current design, there would not be enough time to evacuate in emergencies." And then we see LJA's brightened and sophisticated figure.

Donghoon certainly appears much brighter. However, the lines <need one more stairway>, <if we go by the current design there is not enough time to evacuate>. In the end, Donghoon, in his current, stably designed condition, still needs some kind of emergency exit to escape the tightness/harshness of life. That is LJA.

My conclusion from the above lines is "Donghoon's exit is Jian."

Could I have gone too far? They say that Won Suk PD never puts any fluff in his works (ie everything has meaning!). I'm certain that there is meaning even in the seemingly ordinary scenes and lines.

The poster updated with clarification since people were confused by the wording of "exit":

My thoughts are such: there is an already designed/constructed building, but it needs a stairway for emergency situations. Similarly, when the now comfortable and stable Donghoon comes across emergency situations in the future, he will need his own stairway. That is Jian.

So my conclusion is that in the long life ahead of him, the one passage that will let Donghoon breathe is Jian.

source: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=53666&page=8

Love this! It definitely reinforces the conclusion of them being together in the end, however way you see their relationship. 

• Like 13

We really didn't get the answer as to why Halmoni Bong Ae loves the moon so much, but come to think of it, It's one of the reason why DH found out where JA lives and how he said JA is a good person because she takes good care of her grandma, It's so heartwarming :) Thanks to the persimmon DH has the reason to follow JA and Halmoni and for her love of the moon, they are like cupids to make DH and JH to get more closer :wub:

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, reign143 said:

We really didn't get the answer as to why Halmoni Bong Ae loves the moon so much, but come to think of it, It's one of the reason why DH found out where JA lives and how he said JA is a good person because she takes good care of her grandma, It's so heartwarming :) Thanks to the persimmon DH has the reason to follow JA and Halmoni and for her love of the moon, they are like cupids to make DH and JH to get more closer :wub:

And Halmoni became an instant DH-JA Shipper.... 

She held DH's hand expressing her trust in him to be there for JiAn.
Grandmas knows best.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

The cuteness, I cannot take. Oh wait, why is it not showing the vid I want?!!! 

Also, we talked about this way wayyyy back. I guess they didn't mislead us afterall!

Before: 

After:

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 14

Spoiler
34 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

Also, we talked about this way wayyyy back. I guess they didn't mislead us afterall!

Before: 

After:

Hide contents

Awwww @ccl82.  They were so cute and adorable in the second clip.  The way Park Dong Hoon rested his arm on the back of Lee Ji An’s chair. And she slightly leaned into him afterwards. That kind of body language is a very subtle and subconscious way of communicating intimacy between two people. :wub:

• Like 10

1 hour ago, berny said:

And Halmoni became an instant DH-JA Shipper.... 

She held DH's hand expressing her trust in him to be there for JiAn.
Grandmas knows best.

Actually, the moment DH carried Halmoni on his back, was the point DH and JA saw each other in a different light. That simple gesture of kindness bound them irrevocably. Their dynamics changed from that point on. Halmoni is the best!  :blush: 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Awwww @ccl82.  They were so cute and adorable in the second clip.  The way Park Dong Hoon rested his arm on the back of Lee Ji An’s chair. And she slightly leaned into him afterwards. That kind of body language is a very subtle and subconscious way of communicating intimacy between two people. :wub:

This is the 4 of them after the time jump. Fo sho!!!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Oh, could you please share the link to this gif?  I would so love to see it.

Are people at DCinside trying to decode their relationship as well?  

They are trying to decode the relationship as much as us, haha I think. 

Here's the gif link. I am also posting here since I couldn't avoid the temptation haha.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=mymister&no=53619&page=2

This is just a collection of the gifs, but if anything I guess this shows the gradual rise from her nonchalant attitude to the complete submersion of emotion towards dong hoon.

Also sharing the google translated text for lack of Korean language skills lol.  

Animated GIF

Ji An, Ji An!

Animated GIF

What is the price? 
One person ... ten million won

Thank you

Animated GIF

I do not think I have ever been tempted. I did not have temptation . So I do not know.

Animated GIF

somebody knows me 
. I think 

Animated GIF

A scene that catches Yoon's affair

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Let's be happy

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

like it because 
I like someone who is close to me 

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

Let's be happy

Animated GIF

Ji An Have you reached comfort? 
Yes.

I think the last two scenes are quite amazingly paralleled. Ep 15 ends with a night scene, dark sky, dong hoon going back to his gloomy den, while ji an switching off the lifeline and thinking of his footsteps/his shadow which fades in the background. 

In contrast to that, ep 16's ending scene has a bright sunny sky, sunlight shining on their faces, and they see each other [and the lifeline is connected again], and they are confident of meeting each other again. Dejected Vs. elated/hopeful/ assured. And looking forward to the journey ahead. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 10