[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Spoiler

On 3/28/2018 at 3:05 PM, justamom said:

Neither hubby or I could get into Goblin. I really don't get the fuss. We dropped it by the second episode. Looks like we might like similar genres. Misty is very similar in tone, mood, music to My Mister. Highly recommend (but warning: the ending sucks). Hubby got sucked right in as well.

Haha.. that's where we've been, somewhere in 2nd episode, and in no hurry to return to it.  Knowing that the ending of Misty sucks, is it still worth watching?

Edited by LyraYoo
offtopic
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sadiesmith said:

Haha.. that's where we've been, somewhere in 2nd episode, and in no hurry to return to it.  Knowing that the ending of Misty sucks, is it still worth watching?

Yes, yes, YES! 

I shan't say more, don't want to spoil it for you :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Yes, ever since the casting of IU was announced I have read countless negative comments about LSK, ranging from "but why is he so oooold" to "is he the best they can come up with/can't they find a better looking actor?" to "that old pervert" and everything in between. Never mind that he is known to be one of the nicest people in film/drama. I have felt soooo bad for him to be caught up in the middle, and now wish with all my being that the writer gives him a mighty interesting character that will prove all these nasty comments wrong. <_<  

Wow, that’s pretty nasty! What a terrible things to say! They should think before writing something like that. Lee Sun Kyun is well respected and well liked sunbae, everyone should be happy to work with him. Who did they want to cast in a role of PDH? So Ji Sub? Song Seung Heo? Ji Sung? Gong Yoo? They don’t even fit a description for such role (And this is GY avid fan speaking). This is an realistic drama, not some fluffy rom-com or fantasy.

But funny how I started this drama for my lovely Lee Sun Kyun but now I’m smitten with IU. Ji An is unlike any heroine I’ve ever watched.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Yes, ever since the casting of IU was announced I have read countless negative comments about LSK, ranging from "but why is he so oooold" to "is he the best they can come up with/can't they find a better looking actor?" to "that old pervert" and everything in between. Never mind that he is known to be one of the nicest people in film/drama. I have felt soooo bad for him to be caught up in the middle, and now wish with all my being that the writer gives him a mighty interesting character that will prove all these nasty comments wrong. <_<  

I agree that the leads' voices are very soothing and captivating.  LSK is already famous for his voice, so no surprise there, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that IU's voice matches his in tone.

On a brighter note, it seems like our drama ranks the highest on the scale of hot topic dramas in recent years.  Not surprisingly, Misty sits at number 2 spot and coincidentally starring LSK's real wife as Eun-joo.  I think The Great Seducer is at 3rd, even though that drama is struggling ratings-wise.  So strange.  Source: http://www.dtoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=263407

Yes that’s totally what I read when the cast confirmed. LSK said that the writer and director make him want to act in My mister without hesitation.That’s real actor! Those comments are really superficial. Now he fit into PDH’s image perfectly,which is much more important to a drama. just feel a little bit sad when he had to said to audience that this is not romance and do not watch with stereotypes in mind. I believe it’s gonna be worth it to him.

I notice IU’s comparatively low voice tone in Hyori’s Bed and Breakfast and became her fan since then.It’s my first time watching LSK’s drama and I fall in love with his voice!! Such a blessing to have these two together.

His wife is also a good actress! Haven’t watch misty but i found that she is the one who played a police in the movie Resurrected Victim.The acting is natural and she has beautiful voice as well.

After finish ep3 raw, I’m so desperate for subbed version!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, additionyang said:

Yes that’s totally what I read when the cast confirmed. LSK said that the writer and director make him want to act in My mister without hesitation.That’s real actor! Those comments are really superficial. Now he fit into PDH’s image perfectly,which is much more important to a drama. just feel a little bit sad when he had to said to audience that this is not romance and do not watch with stereotypes in mind. I believe it’s gonna be worth it to him.

After finish ep3 raw, I’m so desperate for subbed version!!!

I know, I noticed too how FAST he responded when the VLIVE host asked them what they wanted to tell the audience.  So sad, like you said.  So far the focus has been mostly on IU's character, and she's been so badass that even her fans who were hoping she'd pick something else (you know, old partner and all) are coming around.  I just wish the story would highlight LSK's character now and give him something to do that is not merely to make IU appear to be the one in charge.

Have you visited bad-doo.com for their live recap?  That should tie you over until subs come out.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, aisling said:

Wow, that’s pretty nasty! What a terrible things to say! They should think before writing something like that. Lee Sun Kyun is well respected and well liked sunbae, everyone should be happy to work with him. Who did they want to cast in a role of PDH? So Ji Sub? Song Seung Heo? Ji Sung? Gong Yoo? They don’t even fit a description for such role (And this is GY avid fan speaking). This is an realistic drama, not some fluffy rom-com or fantasy.

But funny how I started this drama for my lovely Lee Sun Kyun but now I’m smitten with IU. Ji An is unlike any heroine I’ve ever watched.

Hahaha... Many of them suggested Gong Yoo and Jo In Sung.  They sure know how to pick the prettiest ajusshis. :-)

• Like 5

Me at the end of episode 3:

8my.gif

Shook to the core. I need subs. I need episode 4!!!!! THE STORY IS GETTING GOOD!!! JA stays badass and DH x JA interactions are getting more intense. 

If any of you guys are fans of Lee Sun Kyun's voice, get ready... His voice got the spotlight in this episode.. Damn got me all tingly insidetumblr_inline_o0r3l2ioac1t1k0l9_500.gif?

Definitely not for the faint of heart:astonished:

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

I know, I noticed too how FAST he responded when the VLIVE host asked them what they wanted to tell the audience.  So sad, like you said.  So far the focus has been mostly on IU's character, and she's been so badass that even her fans who were hoping she'd pick something else (you know, old partner and all) are coming around.  I just wish the story would highlight LSK's character now and give him something to do that is not merely to make IU appear to be the one in charge.

Have you visited bad-doo.com for their live recap?  That should tie you over until subs come out.

So kind of you for telling me this!! Thank you!!

As far as I know, after the drama start airing, her fans’ comment for IU’s choice of character this time is positive.Many who watched the drama think it would be her masterpiece as actress. There’s only someone who can’t accept dark and gloomy genre dislike it.

I also think PDH is the pitiest by far...but I like the virtue in his character.

Looking forward to ep4, which seems to be more emotional.

• Like 6

BTW this is a drama description from Dramafever that was released back in January. Note that it does say “Lee (Ji An) slowly falls for him”.

So my take is that originally it was supposed to be a heartwarming romance drama between two very different people. But because of netizens bashing I think they backed out and changed it into a non-romantic drama. Which makes me sad, from what I saw I think we would cheer for this couple.

10_D3_C1_AD-2_CDD-4_BE6-_BCCC-29_D9_D3_B

• Like 8

6 hours ago, justamom said:

I haven’t found a live link for cable TV yet but @V is recapping live over here:

https://www.bah-doo.com/ajusshi-mister-live-recap-episode-3/

come join us here so they’ll keep recapping this show instead of some other show airing at the same time!

Yes, come join us! It will be a three step process:

1. Live recap! :grin:

2. Watch raw! :glasses:

3. Gush about the show all week on Soompi until it airs again! :blush:

I need to post more images and gifs over here! They have some fun ones popping up on DC forums.

3 hours ago, jgsiu said:

Me at the end of episode 3:

Shook to the core. I need subs. I need episode 4!!!!! THE STORY IS GETTING GOOD!!! JA stays badass and DH x JA interactions are getting more intense. 

If any of you guys are fans of Lee Sun Kyun's voice, get ready... His voice got the spotlight in this episode.. Damn got me all tingly inside

Definitely not for the faint of heart:astonished:

I love that you used gif from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!!!! I love that show. Titus is everything.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Aw the ratings decreased :huh: All the bandwagon haters probably left now that they couldn't hate on the show no more since the team made the clarification that there will be no romance in the show. But they're still in the 3% territory so.. they're doing fine. great even. :D

• Like 5

Spoiler

Good riddance to the haters. I for one am enjoying this drama a lot, even if there will be no romance. This is the first show in awhile where I don’t even have the patient to wait for the two episodes and watch them together. So far these are my questions that I hope are answered tomorrow or we can speculate on together.

we have seen a photo of Ahjussi and his wife with a young child. What happened to him? I don’t know if I missed something in the last 3 episodes that already mentioned something pertaining to this, but if so please enlighten me chingus. Does this have any connection to who JA said she killed? I’m also curious about her backstory. Who’s will we find out first? Probably our lead guy. I’m surprised his brothers didn’t talk about it yet, i was expecting his hyung to say that he was shipping our leads because he wanted his brother to get over the grief so his child and have some fun?

what is the history between him, his wife, and JY (the one she’s having an affair with-not sure if I got his names initials right)? Okay we know his current motive for targeting our lead is because he’s the hubby of his lover and he also poses as a threat (for example, when that harabouji showed up at the company and asked our lead for dinner but he refused cause he already had plans).

company politics seems to be the, if not one of the main, plots for this show. Funny how the guy working for JY says himself that he’d be in jak if he were actually a politician. I am very entertained with JA. I was not expecting such an apathetic (her emotionless exterior when he pressed up against her in the subwa, or kills the ladybug, or even when she’s eating silently) yet calculative (bugging our lead guys phone, getting his ally fired, snapping the kiss photo, etc) younger female lead. To me, she represents a survivor. Anyways, Analysis aside, I also have a couple questions in regards to this. What is the future of this company, our lead and his job, JY, and JA? Will our lead be promoted or fired or stay in his job? What was that whole arrangement with the temp agency? Does the 50 million bribe mean that the temps won’t get their wage, just cause I’m confused how they had all that money to waste in the first place (since it ended up in company hands which means it’s completely confiscated and useless right?). What is the fate of these company politics?

• Like 4