[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Spoiler

So glad to see another update.  The addition of Jang Ki Yong could mean IU might have a love line with him instead of with Lee Seon Kyun's character.  I mean, the production team will not just bring in an actor who has done romantic music videos with IU, knowing they will have a lot of viewers' support, only to have him left broken-hearted.  Right?  This is what I hope for anyway.  I want the two main leads to have their own separate love lines.  

• Like 4

Wow, the production team is furiously casting these days.  In addition to Nara, two more actors have joined: Jung Young-Joo (Avengers Social Club) and Kim Young Min, who will be playing the CEO of Lee Seon-kyun's company.

2017121328559241.jpg

http://www.dkdaily.com/sub_read.html?uid=59132

김영민, ‘나의아저씨’ 출연…이선균 때학 후배 役 (공식입장)

http://www3.sedaily.com/NewsView/1OOU7P24B5

Kim Young-min

• Like 7

Hello Venus’s Nara To Join Lee Sun Gyun And IU’s Upcoming Drama

Nara-XPN.jpg

Hello Venus’s Nara will be joining the cast of upcoming tvN drama “My Ahjusshi” (working title).

tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “My Ahjusshi” confirmed Nara’s casting on December 14.

“My Ahjusshi” will be the collaboration of producing director Kim Won Suk, who produced “Incomplete Life” and “Signal,” and writer Park Hae Young, who wrote “Another Oh Hae Young.” The drama is already gaining a lot of attention for its star-studded cast, which includes Lee Sun Gyun, IU, Na Moon Hee, Oh Dal Soo, Song Sae Byuk, and Lee Ji Ah.

Nara will be playing the role of Choi Yoo Ra, a timid, but kindhearted movie actress, and the love interest of movie producer Park Ki Hoon (played by Song Sae Byuk).

A member of Hello Venus, Nara made her acting debut with SBS’s “Suspicious Partner,” which ended this past July. She received praise for her role in the drama, despite it being her first attempt at acting. Many are looking forward to what appearance Nara will show on “My Ahjusshi.”

“My Ahjusshi” tells the story of three brothers who are enduring the weight of life in their own ways and a cold and distant woman who has suffered many hardships throughout her life as they all learn to enjoy life and heal their past wounds. The drama will air its first episode in the first half of next year, following “Mother".

source : https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/14/hello-venuss-nara-join-lee-sun-gyun-ius-upcoming-drama/

• Like 4

9 hours ago, melloviciousiu said:

So far every lead got their loveline

Lee Sung Kyun x Lee Ji Ah

Oh Dal Su x Jung Young Joo

Song Sae Byuk x Nara

IU x Jang Ki Yong (The production team hasn't described Jang Ki Yong character, but I'm quite sure he will have loveline with IU)

Was there a mention of a love line between Oh Dal Su and Jung Young Joo?  If there was, awesome!

If things turn out the way you wrote above, this will be a unique drama indeed, one in which the two main leads are not romantically paired up with each other.  Has there been another drama where this happened?

• Like 4

Just now, sadiesmith said:

Was there a mention of a love line between Oh Dal Su and Jung Young Joo?  If there was, awesome!

If things turn out the way you wrote above, this will be a unique drama indeed, one in which the two main leads are not romantically paired up with each other.  Has there been another drama where this happened?

Jung Young Joo will act as Oh Dal Su wife XD

• Like 2

Great! And I'm sure it's not just a coincidence they cast Jang Ki Young, I kinda think they want go please IU's fans, thus a love line must have been planned. Still wish her fans did not have such an overreaction at the news of her casting.

I'm getting very impatient for more info. Hope this turns out big. And hope Viki will sub.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2017 at 6:57 PM, sadiesmith said:

Great! And I'm sure it's not just a coincidence they cast Jang Ki Young, I kinda think they want go please IU's fans, thus a love line must have been planned. Still wish her fans did not have such an overreaction at the news of her casting.

I'm getting very impatient for more info. Hope this turns out big. And hope Viki will sub.

I am not sure whether we can say all her fans are like that, maybe some but sure not all since they know acting is also what she likes to do.  A real fan will support her choice of activity.  I also enjoyed watching the last drama when Lee Sun-kyun was the lead with Song Ji-hyo previously.  Therefore, I'm looking forward to watch this drama next. 

• Like 2

Hello Venus’ Nara will play as a timid yet kind-hearted movie actress, Choi Yoora with bittersweet charms in #MyAhjussi. Her character will more fun to the drama as she starts off an ill-fated relationship w/ director Park Kihoon (Song Saebyuk), but soon grows fond with him.

DRTfdP8VwAAKU1s.jpgDRTfdP8U8AA2soB.jpg

Actress Lee Jiah will play as Park Donghoon’s (Lee Sunkyun) wife, Kang Yoonhee in My Ahjussi. - Actress Jung Yungjoo will play the role of Oh Dalsu’s wife, their chemistry is much anticipated.

DRTk1opVAAA8vmm.jpgDRTk1oqUIAEOyKa.jpg

Kang Yoonhee (Lee Jiah) is an assertive character who discovers her own life only after she got married to Park Donghoon (Lee Sunkyun). Even after passing the bar exam & becoming a successful lawyer, she continues to work hard in her own way in order to fill up her emptiness.

DRTswtsVQAArE2C.jpg

Cr: @4seasonswithIU

It seems everyone has their own partner?

Spoiler

DRTmHdvUQAEU9Xq.jpg

DRTmHd5UIAAk7uf.jpg

DRTmHeHUEAEMI1F.jpg

DRTmHd-VQAEaWKI.jpg

• Like 7

A shout-out to @larus who I think will enjoy this drama.  If you were uncertain about the relationship between the older man and the younger woman before, there are plenty of clues in the casting that suggest the relationship will not be a romantic one.  And there are plenty of other relationships to make this an ensemble drama, much like Lee Sun Kyun's last two dramas, Miss Korea and This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

A shout-out to @larus who I think will enjoy this drama.  If you were uncertain about the relationship between the older man and the younger woman before, there are plenty of clues in the casting that suggest the relationship will not be a romantic one.  And there are plenty of other relationships to make this an ensemble drama, much like Lee Sun Kyun's last two dramas, Miss Korea and This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair.

The drama is shaping up to my taste, indeed. :D I love a good ensemble drama. 

I loved both Miss Korea and This Week My WifeWill Have an Affair, so I want to enjoy another Lee Sun Kyun`s drama. I also want to see Lee Ji Ah. The last time I saw her on screen was in Athena. The character description in this drama seems interesting. She is an assertive woman, made a succesful career after her marriage but still feel an emptiness. And her husband has a hard time. Got my interest to see more.

I don`t want a romantic relationship between Lee Sun Kyun and IU`s characters but I can accept it if the writer makes a good script and win me over. :wink:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2017 at 11:12 PM, larus said:

The drama is shaping up to my taste, indeed. :D I love a good ensemble drama. 

I loved both Miss Korea and This Week My WifeWill Have an Affair, so I want to enjoy another Lee Sun Kyun`s drama. I also want to see Lee Ji Ah. The last time I saw her on screen was in Athena. The character description in this drama seems interesting. She is an assertive woman, made a succesful career after her marriage but still feel an emptiness. And her husband has a hard time. Got my interest to see more.

I don`t want a romantic relationship between Lee Sun Kyun and IU`s characters but I can accept it if the writer makes a good script and win me over. :wink:

Yay!  I am so glad you came over.  I am very positive the production team is not going for a romantic relationship between LSK and IU, especially judging from the drama poster above, the one showing a young girl with a pushcart and an older man carrying a briefcase.  This clearly sets up a more father figure type of character for the male lead rather than a romantic one.  Might be a rare treat to see two leads who are not romantically paired.  Heard that the script reading was held on 12/18.

Can I encourage everybody to daily submit a request for licencing at Viki?

https://www.viki.com/tv/35740c-mr-lonely?cb=89a7a9060e8cc846cd991865a076a6b5&content_lang=en&fresh_login=login&q=mr+lone&site_lang=en

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

This clearly sets up a more father figure type of character for the male lead rather than a romantic one.  Might be a rare treat to see two leads who are not romantically paired. 

Let it be this way. I love romance but I don`t want dramas to have a predictible format with the leads all the time. But we never know what to expect. At this point I am waiting to see the story .... and to hear Lee Sun Kyun `s voice again. :D

• Like 5