[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

Lee Gwang il (Mid-20’s) / Jang Ki Yong

“He continues to torment Ji An even more because that’s the only way for making her to notice him” 

LMAO, I just cracked up reading his character description. Like dude, really? You think by tormenting and beating her she will like you? 

I think this will be a breakthrough role for IU. Let her play cold and richard simmons character for once. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Can't believe it's already D-1!!! I've been waiting for this show for so long.

Ji An and Dong Hoon's characters got me intrigued. I want to know what led them to be in such a miserable state as of right now. Especially Dong Hoon. He's doing OK at his job, was blessed with a son, got a lovely wife. So why did Ji An describe him as someone who is "weary"? 

As for Ji An, all i can say to her is what a poor child.. Parentless, poor, grew up in an abusive environment. No wonder she's so cynical and cold. I'm looking forward to see how DH and JA will help and heal each other. 

I hope they maintain a platonic relationship throughout the show, as something like that is very rare but still exists in real life. A man and woman can remain just friends, you know? 

The fact that Dong Hoon's wife gave up on him is giving me a red flag warning. Is this the writer's method to pave the way for DH and JA's romance to work? I hope not. I'm okay with romance with huge age gap, as long as the narrative and plot makes sense.

Edited by mushroomsoupie
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, mushroomsoupie said:

The fact that Dong Hoon's wife gave up on him is giving me a red flag warning. Is this the writer's method to pave the way for DH and JA's romance to work? I hope not. I'm okay with romance with huge age gap, as long as the narrative and plot makes sense.

Is it written in his wife character description that she gave up on him? Intriguing. Maybe his wife is having an affair once again? :) Who knows maybe they got married because she was pregnant but they never really loved each other.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, aisling said:

Is it written in his wife character description that she gave up on him? Intriguing. Maybe his wife is having an affair once again? :) Who knows maybe they got married because she was pregnant but they never really loved each other.

Yup someone on twitter translated it. Dong Hoon's co-worker liked her. 

tvN ‘My Mister’(나의 아저씨) Character Relationship Chart (ENG Ver.)

DYs-9dTU8AYf5oc.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/19/2018 at 2:02 AM, sadiesmith said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Very intriguing.  Wonder if IU is going to be attracted to this bad boy.  In any case, her ship with Jang Ki Young is definitely dead.

I have very good news!  It looks like this drama will be recapped over at Dramabeans, although whether it's a full length recap of every episode or just a weekly weecap remains to be seen.  And drama blog bah-doo.com also plans to recap.  Yay for more places to discuss this show.  

An article came out today talking about the director's vision to tell through this drama the story about an average man.  The hero is neither a chaebol nor a genius, not a lawyer or a doctor, and he does not have any supernatural power either.  But just the same, he and others like him have their own stories worthy of telling.  Heck, I won't be surprised if the director chose Lee Sun Kyun, who many consider to be below average in looks, precisely because of his average-ness, which hopefully makes him relatable.  I can't understand the whole article, but hopefully some kind soul would translate the whole thing properly.  Paging @Vhttp://breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=566800&section=sc4&section2=

Hi sadiesmith, I think what you got is right on point. The article focuses on the ajusshi's storyline and wonders why tvN is focussing on the life of some midling ajusshi's. It says that men in their 40's are considered ajusshi and people consider their life over and all those thing. Not that the ajusshi considers his life over, but other people do. So the writer/tvN wanted to tell the story of men who are ajusshi's but aren't superstar ajusshi's with talents. Just normal midling ajusshi's. the article basically repeats itself so all the writing isn't new in the entire artilce even though it is pretty long. There isn't anything about IU in this article, but it does seam like this drama might have a big focus on the men.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] My Mister 나의 아저씨 - Premiere on 21st of March @ 21:30 PM KST
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] My Mister 나의 아저씨 - Premiere: Tonight @ 21:30 KST

Wait..so there's not even  a press conference for this?

So with the story involving 3 brothers all played by mature actors, sunbaes,  and then there's young IU  as female lead, in that aspect it feels like  the drama "Triple"  but of course it's totally different story just  3 men and young woman reminded me of it :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jongski said:

Wait..so there's not even  a press conference for this?

So with the story involving 3 brothers all played by mature actors, sunbaes,  and then there's young IU  as female lead, in that aspect it feels like  the drama "Triple"  but of course it's totally different story just  3 men and young woman reminded me of it :D

There is no press conference prior to the premiere because time is precious, the director needs to re-shoot many of the scenes involving the oldest brother, and he needs to do that before the weather gets too warm.  But we may get a mid-airing press conference instead.  Or not.  

Yes, I think the main focus of the drama is the lives of the men.  IU's story may serve as the vehicle to tell their stories, and she will obviously have a lot of screen time, but I don't think the drama writer and director got together in the first place and said let us tell a story about a struggling girl.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

It's D Day! :wub:

Upcoming Drama “My Ahjussi” Reveals Warmhearted Poster Featuring Main Cast

cd9e6bf3-0c25-4ad1-bd13-f0a773963d56.jpg

my-ahjussi.jpg

“My Ahjussi,” the upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama from tvN, recently dropped a main poster of its lead cast.

See Also: IU Makes Meaningful Donation After Being Inspired By Her Character In "My Ahjussi"

Written by Park Hae Young and directed by Kim Won Suk, “My Ahjussi” tells the story of three middle-aged brothers and a cold, tough woman who undergoes a transformation after meeting them.

The three middle-aged brothers are played by Lee Sun Gyun, Song Sae Byuk, and Park Ho San (who replaced Oh Dal Soo after the latter was accused of sexual assault). IU (Lee Ji Eun) plays the woman, Lee Ji An.

Despite the serious nature of IU’s character in the drama, the poster takes a warmhearted, family portrait approach to the main poster. The three brothers laugh cheerfully as confetti rains down on them, and even the stoic Lee Ji An has a slight smile on her face.

“My Ahjussi” premieres on March 21 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/03/20/upcoming-drama-ahjussi-reveals-warmhearted-poster-featuring-main-cast/

• Like 8

5 hours ago, not1but3 said:

Awww.... this is their D-day picture.  I love it!!  And I am super proud of them all for overcoming all the obstacles and being able to deliver what looks like a very good product in time.  

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images/gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 4

Helloww.... It's been a while I'm visiting Soompi. Nae Ahjussi bring me back here. Excited.

Episode 1... Lot of positive feelings to it. It will go even deeper as the episodes continues in the coming weeks.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1