[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

On 2/11/2018 at 6:06 PM, maddymappo said:

when GHR goes home after that car meeting, she is shaking and she clutches the light blue leather gloves. She falls asleep with the blue gloves.  What is the significance?  It does seem like she may have done something while wearing the gloves she is ashamed of or that frightens her.  Please, please, not just product placement, surely.

Hmmmmmmmm, I am wondering if she knows something that Kevin is allergic to and she laced the gloves with it or held the gloves with it while they were kissing. He may have felt strange, woozy or unwell so he went back to his car to go home or get help and got into an accident or someone caused an accident. Just my theory about those gloves.....I know, my imagination is running wild.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Hmmmmmmmm, I am wondering if she knows something that Kevin is allergic to and she laced the gloves with it or held the gloves with it while they were kissing. He may have felt strange, woozy or unwell so he went back to his car to go home or get help and got into an accident or someone caused an accident. Just my theory about those gloves.....I know, my imagination is running wild.  

Ooo, yes, I like that theory.  I wouldn't put it past her, knowing how aggressive he is she would have been wise to figure out a way to arm herself.  But he does have copies of those pictures.. so she needed to be careful.

Hello!! ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱

I've never posted on soompi before! I'm feeling a bit nervous oh my

I just wanted to thank you all for writing theories!! I love reading all your thoughts. I'm nowhere near clever enough to come up with such ideas/predictions... I'm living for these theories... 

I can't wait for the next episode! 

One other thing..... I think that TW has figured out that his wife is being threatened by Kevin. HR is a professional newscaster, reporter, anchor. She researches her material to be factual before she reports it and she does not approve of gossip or "shock news" just to get ratings. That is why she abhors JW's tactics who prostitutes her body to get ahead, is lazy, does not verify her material and reports to stoke hysteria with gossip. She is a disgrace to womanhood and her profession but I digress. So back to HR who sees a piece of newsworthy material on her husband's desk, a case he is defending. She takes it without his permission and she reports it in News Nine. The unusual and unprofessional part of reporting JH did, was linking and reporting Kevin's part in the news report. That is gossip. The case relates to the Steel Company defrauding the minority immigrant employees of their paycheck. They refused to pay for labor. Kevin was being sponsored by the company but that had nothing to do with fraud and yet  HR reported it. So, that got TW's attention. He was angry because it was his case and she was his wife and it could become an issue, but he also noted that HR's reporting was atypical and not consistent with her professionalism when she blasted Kevin on TV. That was not the unbiased reporter that TW knows. He asked HR many times why she did what she did and JH refused to answer. TW realized and suspected then that she was being pressured by Kevin, that what she did on the newscast was her way of fighting back the only way she knew how. Her husband is a lawyer but she did not trust her husband enough to tell him everything. The fact that TW already knew from their encounter in Thailand that Kevin is a creep may have strengthened his suspicions that HR was being backed into a corner by the scoundrel Kevin. So, he defends her .....

13 hours ago, jd50 said:

Hello, all! Misty is so good that I've dug up my old Soompi login. Rewatching Episode 4 and wondering about the scene in the parking garage where Hye Ran is looking at the photos left on her windshield. Hye-Ran has just finished shuffling through the photos when a car (from the driver's perspective) is seen screeching past. My first reaction is that it is TW's car as we are given a very good look at it when he packs up and leaves to stay in his office. But HR doesn't even seem to notice the car and if it were TW's car I think she'd react. My second thought is that it is Kevin's assistant but then we see him soon after looking at HR from his car.

Who was in that car? Any ideas? It was clearly included from the driver's perspective for a reason. Did TW already see the photos on her windshield? Maybe her male assistant?

Hi. Good question. Maybe Kevin's wife?  She really seems the most likely killer to me. Plenty of reasons to kill the creep. Probably many more women than we know about  And now she'll have a baby to love and lots of money hopefully. She looked curiously dispassionate watching the news of his accident. And if she thinks HR was playing with her man,  dropping the broach for revenge.

But maybe his death was just an accident? Maybe that detective is making something out of nothing but it was nothing?

But I am enjoying your and everyone's questions about things like who was that driver? And why was she wearing those blue gloves?  @maddymappo @zenya22  The poison/allergen on the gloves theory is a really clever idea. And didn't HR ask something like "Are they really doing an autopsy?!"   Why would she be surprised or care. But I hope she didn't do it.

I've just watched ep1 and 2 and double wow! really intense. 

Superb casts. Kim Nam Joo is good as HR. The last time i saw her was in My Wife is a superwoman. 

On 2/4/2018 at 5:42 PM, 12blbl said:

Just saying HR's ex lover is not a good man, i mean he was cheating his wife with that young reporter. I really hope HR didn't have affair with him in the one month period before the accident.

I don't i like him either. He was like a man scorned after she dumped him and is out for revenge. He was playing with her all the time at live interview wanting to see her reaction. I have yet to watch ep3 and 4 but from the her flashback during the interrogation when the detective questioned her about the brooch, it seems she did sleep with him prior to the accident.  

On 2/4/2018 at 11:10 AM, Siufey71 said:

She is extremely cold and career driven, but it's hinted that she wasn't always like this, and that she's not as cold blooded as she seems. Such as when her mother passed away and she was stuffing herself with carbs, kinda in rebellion to what her mother had said. Or at least that's the impression I got. 

I think her mother had pushed her to be that way. How she goes about telling her to take care of her looks and to take contraception and that her life will be over if she gets pregnant. 

I guess people would look at HR as cold and calculating, greedy even. She is already at the top but she doesn't want to give up her seat to a younger anchor like Ji Won. I think it would have been easy if she was happy but she is miserable deep down with an unhappy marriage.  She is probably saying to herself 'to hell with everyone i'm the best!'

Looks like this is set to be a court room drama. There is already 2 witnesses against her, the camera guy and the reporter who took Ji Won and Jae Young's photo. 

Ji Won is top on my list of suspect so far.  

I have not watched episode 4 yet; however, the writing and directing for this drama is so good.  I also applaud the actors because their acting skills are top notch.   A few situations got me riled up, which shows how good the actors are.  

1.  Go Hye-Ran made many sacrifices to get where she is including sacrificing her baby and marriage.  She worked hard and made sure she was knowledgeable and qualified to hold the position of  news anchor.  Han Jan-Won and many of the males, feel that because JW is young, she should have the anchor position and Go Hye-Ran should retire.  Why? What has JW done to prove herself?  That ticked me off.   I love the fact the HR is cool, calm, and conniving.  She runs rings around JW without batting an eye or breaking a sweat.  Young girl JW is no match for her.  I loved how she set her up.  It was classic because JW did not have to come-on to Kevin Lee, but HR knew that she would...perfect.  Therefore, why get upset when it blows up in your face. JW knew the man was married, but she wanted to take something away for HR.  JW does not want the position for the right reasons and that is why HR is so hard on her.  Instead of sparring with Hye-Ran, Jan-Won should have asked Hye-Ran to be her mentor.  However, she is too full of herself to see her lack of experience and maturity.  Pretty young girls are a dime a dozen and beauty sometimes fade quickly, then what does she have?  

2. The second thing that got me riled up is Kevin Lee.  When HR said no, get out of my room, that should have been it.  Although she eventual gave in, it was sexual harassment.  She did not want to go to Thailand, she was not trying to get into a relationship with Kevin Lee.  Although there is a tension between HR and TW, she was not trying to cheat on her husband and mess up her chance to become media director at the Blue House.  Therefore, when she said no, she meant it. Also, his wife was her high school friend and he was just caught cheating on his wife...scum bag.  Who would want to get tangled up in that?  Kevin Lee/Lee Jae Young is a low-life scumbag.  HR did the right thing by walking away from him.  A person can make millions of dollars; however, if they don't aspire to change their character flaws, they will still be the same; a scumbag with money.   Is it really cheating??? As I stated I have not seen episode 4 and I might change my mind; however, as of the end of episode 3, it is not cheating, he forced himself on her... I think that is called rape. 

Again, I cannot state enough how much I am enjoying this drama.  I hope this writer will deliver until the end.

@maddymappo had a good read of your list of suspect. After watching ep4 i think that it could be Hawnil Steel. They could be in a lot more then just owing worker's back wages. What a way to kill two birds with one stone. Kill Kevin Lee (you could be right about the life insurance and getting back their investment) and put HR on the suspect list because she messed with them by exposing their shenanigans. That black van screeching passed HR in the basement parking lot could be their hired men. 

I don't think its Eun Joo because, when HR got home and was holding the gloves, EJ called. It looks like she was at home in her bedroom. She probably had came home after meeting JW unless she had hired someone to do it. 

I know that all the others had motives because they disliked HR but then to go to the extent of killing Kevin is beyond me. 

We'll probably know more after tonight's episode.

Wohoo let the guessing-game continues each week:ph34r::D. I like how everyone has their own names on their suspect list as it's still too vague to pinpoint the one with strongest motive. 

I do too have my own prediction on the culprit, yet it's too premature as it's way to early.

Initially I thought this thread will be as silent as graveyard but boy, was I so wrong :wub:

Just want to share a view from the inside of the couple's nest

and HR definitely not far off of danger apparently, thank god she's always her own bodyguard

Lyrics to song Misty by Errol Garner - Its about a man so much in love he doesn't know what he is doing. There is a reference to a glove though :lol:  Otherwise I don't see a connection except that TW is so much in love with HR he will do anything for her?
Misty
Look at me, I'm as helpless as a kitten up a tree
And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud, I can't understand
I get misty, just holding your hand
Walk my way, and a thousand violins begin to play
Or it might be the sound of your hello, that music I hear
I get misty, the moment you're near

(BRIDGE)
*You can say that you're leading me on
But it's just what I want you to do
Don't you notice how hopelessly I'm lost
That's why I'm following you
On my own, would I wander through this wonderland alone
Never knowing my right foot from my left, my hat from my glove
I'm too misty, and too much in love
I'm too misty, and too much in love

@maddymappo Now that I've watched the first 3 episodes, my guess would be that Misty refers to Clint Eastwood's directorial debut film, Play Misty for Me. It features an obsessive jealous woman who requests the "Misty" song repeatedly on radio programme and stalks Clint Eastwood's radio announcer. Things turns nasty and violent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_Misty_for_Me

Kevin Lee seems to fit the bill of the obsessive ex that is stalking the woman who spurned him.

I have so many thoughts about this drama but that will be for another post I think.

Archived