[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2018 at 1:55 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

but the fact that TW was just about to turn himself in and was prevented from doing so because MW convinced him that it would be the best way to protect HR if he (MW) took the fall while TW continued to keep his lips sealed and stay beside her.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:55 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I certainly didn't because there was an underlying nihilism to the ending that wasn't there before. So while the writer might have been making a "bold" statement about love with that final sequence, what actually came across to me as a viewer felt more like despair.

This and this! Sorry I don't have anything to add, just popped in to say I agree 100%

I've found a few other interesting shows to follow...see you all around! And Misty (1-14) is still my favourite show of the year so far!

I am STILL unsure why TW decided to commit suicide.  I only feel HR would want TW to pay for his crime although it was an accident but then he covered it up.  I do not think HR would accept MW taking the blame for KL death.  As sad as I am I think I have recovered from the shock and am now watching Father is Strange because nobody I care dies in this drama HaHa.  Happy Easter everyone.

@kdyes chingu, if I could ask a few questions, here’s what they would be.

1) what was the secret her mom mentioned?????!!!!***** I know this was on your list but goodness gracious I am curious.

2) why did that detective want HR to be the murdered/still blame her as the reason why the men (MW and TW) became murders? 

3) what was your message by having audience ask HR if she’s happy after finally getting her own show aka achueveing her ambition? That you can’t be happy if you’re a woman and a go-getter?

4) how did EJ get that black box chip?? 

5) who attacked reporter Yoon that made her end up in hospital?

6) why did you end it like that whyyyy? Is surprising audience more important than giving us closure and a proper ending??

7) where did the prosecutor and his anchor wife go in the last 2 ep???

8) so does that mean HR doesn’t get to reap the benefits of her rich and well connected in laws?

Ha ha, great questions @philosophie

What I want to know is how the black box recorded what was going on INSIDE the car. Aren't these black boxes supposed to record what's going on in front of the car? Did Kevin turn the camera around to blackmail HR again? Is that why he put the chip somewhere, and that's why Dong-Hyun had it and ended up with EJ?

Why does EJ think HR killed the guy in the jewelry shop, and that MW took the fall for it? Is that "the secret" that her mom was talking about?

But the biggest mystery for me is: Wasn't TW technically a Kang Yool attorney at the time he represented HR in her trial? And doesn't Kang Yool know that TW is a good lawyer? So why did they plant that false witness and expect to get away with it? And the prosecutor didn't even bother to vet the witness even a little bit?

I mean, these plot holes are ridiculous in hindsight. The show ending with TW's suicide was a bummer for many reasons, and one of them is that it solved nothing in terms of these loose threads.

Okay now i finally got the chance to watch this drama, i stayed up allnight and watched 5 episode straight, because of how intense it was, and i have to say the last drama i watched that was just as intense was one year ago "My Wife's having an affair this week". It's way better then i expected, and with each episode the suspense get's bigger and more exciting, the actors are also doing a super great job, my first time seeing them but they really impressed....

17 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Ha ha, great questions @philosophie

What I want to know is how the black box recorded what was going on INSIDE the car. Aren't these black boxes supposed to record what's going on in front of the car? Did Kevin turn the camera around to blackmail HR again? Is that why he put the chip somewhere, and that's why Dong-Hyun had it and ended up with EJ?

Why does EJ think HR killed the guy in the jewelry shop, and that MW took the fall for it? Is that "the secret" that her mom was talking about?

But the biggest mystery for me is: Wasn't TW technically a Kang Yool attorney at the time he represented HR in her trial? And doesn't Kang Yool know that TW is a good lawyer? So why did they plant that false witness and expect to get away with it? And the prosecutor didn't even bother to vet the witness even a little bit?

I mean, these plot holes are ridiculous in hindsight. The show ending with TW's suicide was a bummer for many reasons, and one of them is that it solved nothing in terms of these loose threads.

Hahaha I know right! Great point, I always see lens facing towards windshield not inside the car, but who knows! Maybe she’s dual lens one from and back to capture inside car and what’s outisde? Nooo idea hahaha

Whatever even happened to kang yool? They get destroyed cause of the nes and then never show up again?

yeah if someone binges the show, they would definetly notice a lot more plot holes cause I started it when there was like already 8 eps but since I followed each week after that I forgot a few details that might also indicate more plot holes. Either way, it’s disappointing because this drama has so much potential and it IS a great drama. My goodness I hope Nam Joo gets casted for more roles like this cause she is amazingggg

@crystaltears you also scared of people knock knock knocking on heavens door? Haha :D

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

@crystaltears you also scared of people knock knock knocking on heavens door? Haha :D

oooh yeah that was definitely deliberate.

I'm still hanging out here because the other dramas are disappointing/slow....ahh, Go Hye Ran, you are still my idol! :wub:

Never thought I’d still be posting on Misty, lol. But after the shock of eps 15-16 wore off, I’ve mulled over what made me so uneasy and realized that one thing stood out beyond numerous others: What the writer did to or didn’t do for the progression of the character TW was the worst for me.  TW’s fall from grace was reduced to “I wanted to look perfect to you.”  Really? 

Sorry, TW couldn’t be just about “looking perfect” for HR -- maybe HR, parents and a bit of profession, society, etc.  That I can see.  Admitting he didn’t want to lose his freedom and making that “okay” since KL’s death was accidental.   The detective’s surprising accusation against HR boosting TW’s chances of successfully hiding the truth.  Even TW about to “do the right thing” and turn himself in but then another easy out presented itself with MW’s confession.  I am not opposed to stories that show how people can get “misty” about their behavior.  But when the writer made TW fall from grace, how about some dialogue to go with it?  That’s the big beef for me.

How were we supposed to think about TW’s unraveling?  Why didn't the writer let him tell us either through talking to HR or his father?   This was a man who described chains of events to juries for years.  How did he stop being the duty-bound man, defender of truth and justice?  When “that one” couldn’t die in the car with KL, how did TW move so nonchalantly through all the days with HR -- and everyone else?    I get that the writer wanted suspense, so was waiting to tell us at the end.  But she did that so poorly, making us try to bridge her gaps to understand TW’s motivations as eps 15 and 16 whizzed by on the last weekend.

I feel so much better now, like I’ve removed a splinter. But I’m still not going to watch currently airing dramas for a while.  Too many poor endings, Misty the most disappointing. 

Loving the long Misty OSTs out now on YT including the instrumental.

Actress Kim Nam Joo reveals that she's not ready to let go of Go Hye Ran

2018040401000239500015822_20180403144513245.jpg
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-04-03%2Bat%2B12.22.54%2BAM.png
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-04-03%2Bat%2B12.22.50%2BAM.png

Original Source (Sports Chosun via Naver): Kim Nam Joo, "I'm not ready to let go of 'Misty' Go Hye Ran"

1. [+575, -20] We're not ready to send off Go Hye Ran either ㅠㅠ..  

2. [+499, -17] She was strong..

3. [+395, -14] She's forreal a great actor 

4. [+332, -14] Seriously ㅠㅠ I became a fan after watching 'Misty'. I even downloaded it to watch it, she was so cool

Source: https://ddoboja.blogspot.com/2018/04/actress-kim-nam-joo-reveals-that-shes.html

------------------------

I must admit that I'm still not over her being Go Hye Ran and Kim Nam Joo surely isn't too since she's been acting that role for 5 months. I hope her hard work earns her future success (Baeksang Arts Awards!!!)

Kim Nam Joo's hubby Kim Seung Woo may be more of the jealous type than you think!

by whatakdrama on Tue, Apr 03, 2018

9dbc2c93-da31-4dec-869f-89f799fa7ab8.jpg

Girl crush Kim Nam Joo chatted about Misty on the talk show 'Section TV' on Monday. During the interview, she speculated that her husband, actor Kim Seung Woo, "didn't watch the make out scene" of hers with actors Ji Jin Hee and Go Joon! She also spilled her thoughts on her character Go Hye Ran, being an actress, and more. Read on to reveal.

Kim Nam Joo nailed the role of a successful anchorwoman in Misty, but it turns out she wasn’t so sure about the role in the beginning. “Personally I didn’t feel confident about playing the perfect woman, so I hesitated,” Nam Joo told ‘Section TV.’ “But my husband said, ‘You can do it,’ so I did. I gave it my best.”

It’s safe to say Nam Joo’s husband and actor Kim Seung Woo was the one who got her on-board with Misty. He read the screenplay first and told her, “This show is made for you.” She didn’t deliberate too long and her on-screen partner Ji Jin Hee called and encouraged her, saying, “You should do it. I would feel so assured filming with you."

more https://www.dramafever.com/news/kim-nam-joos-hubby-kim-seung-woo-may-be-more-of-the-jealous-type-than-you-think/

Kim Seung Woo was right.(I miss Ki Seung Woo on screen!)  The role matched perfectly with Kim Nam Joo. And Jin Jin Hee was a good partner on screen to her.

9 hours ago, SUNlight02 said:

1. [+575, -20] We're not ready to send off Go Hye Ran either ㅠㅠ..  

Na du~~~ Me too!! Go Hye Ran is probably the most awesome and memorable female character I've ever seen in a K drama (erasing episodes 15 and 16 here) she deserves every award out there!

13 hours ago, kdyes said:

I feel so much better now, like I’ve removed a splinter. But I’m still not going to watch currently airing dramas for a while.  Too many poor endings, Misty the most disappointing. 

Same here!! Gosh the current batch of dramas is pretty crap. But My Ahjeossi's not too bad so far. It's like a work of art, a beautiful painting you need to take in over time...

14 hours ago, kdyes said:

Never thought I’d still be posting on Misty, lol. But after the shock of eps 15-16 wore off, I’ve mulled over what made me so uneasy and realized that one thing stood out beyond numerous others: What the writer did to or didn’t do for the progression of the character TW was the worst for me.  TW’s fall from grace was reduced to “I wanted to look perfect to you.”  Really? 

Sorry, TW couldn’t be just about “looking perfect” for HR -- maybe HR, parents and a bit of profession, society, etc.  That I can see.  Admitting he didn’t want to lose his freedom and making that “okay” since KL’s death was accidental.   The detective’s surprising accusation against HR boosting TW’s chances of successfully hiding the truth.  Even TW about to “do the right thing” and turn himself in but then another easy out presented itself with MW’s confession.  I am not opposed to stories that show how people can get “misty” about their behavior.  But when the writer made TW fall from grace, how about some dialogue to go with it?  That’s the big beef for me.

How were we supposed to think about TW’s unraveling?  Why didn't the writer let him tell us either through talking to HR or his father?   This was a man who described chains of events to juries for years.  How did he stop being the duty-bound man, defender of truth and justice?  When “that one” couldn’t die in the car with KL, how did TW move so nonchalantly through all the days with HR -- and everyone else?    I get that the writer wanted suspense, so was waiting to tell us at the end.  But she did that so poorly, making us try to bridge her gaps to understand TW’s motivations as eps 15 and 16 whizzed by on the last weekend.

Loving the long Misty OSTs out now on YT including the instrumental.

I very much agree. I also felt it should have veered off of the "who done it" central mystery and moved at some point into the psychological pain and struggle that Tw was going through. We should have had a window into his mind. But the word was we were going to be shocked by the ending, but in the end, we were just disappointed.  

There were so many themes in the drama - so many different tracks.  It was almost like the writer had several stories in her mind and put pieces of each one together.  

a little late on this bandwagon.  I just finished Misty last night.  I'm glad I waited til it's over before watching as the suspense would have killed me.

It's a good show but as many have pointed out, there were still many loopholes and gaps that were not explained.

Things I would like to know :

1. How did EJ know about the song that was playing in the first killing?

2.  What exactly happened between HR and the jewellery shop man?

3. Why did the police not search KL's phone records?  And why if they found out JW was the last caller, they didn't suspect her?

4. Who did KL actually go out to meet?

5. Why did TW take the brooch?  I truly believe the brooch dropped in KL's car while he was dragging KL's body out.

6.  Why did a simple hit on the head caused KL's immediate death?

7.  Why are departmental stores open in the wee hours to allow TW to buy new set of clothes

8. How is TW's dad so calm and stoic when TW confessed he killed someone?

MW is so calm and collected...he totally gave off the psycho vibe at the end!  

Archived