[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

I have just marathoned 4 episode and I have to say that Misty is no joke, worth giving a try to watch. I could not fast forward any minute. HR is a complicated woman with her strong ambition in her career. I think she still loves her husband though everything she said to him looks like she just need him for her career development. Their relationship is as cold as ice. I am curious about who is the murderer and how they can reconcile and fall in love again in such situation as well. Now I can not suspect anyone. Eun Joo, the golfer's wife, is pregnant so I don't think she killed her baby's father. Han Ji won has no motive either. The mysterious man in prison is unable to commit such crime. Hye Ran is the most likely under suspicion but she is the main lead, so I obmit this possibility. So as to her husband. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This drama is on fire!! I have started watching it raw, and again when subs come out. Last time I did this was when watching Woman of Dignity. 

1. I seem to have missed the part where Eun Joo's pregnancy was revealed. I must have dozed.....<_< When is it revealed?

2. What is the best alternative for GHR? is it Press Secretary or is it to take over her boss's position after another two or three years? In reality, she will compromise her values when they clash with her job as the regurgitator of the official government position.  At the station, she may fulfill her desire, the "realisation" of a just society. But she wants to get to the top so badly.... We say, mtoto akililia kisu, mpe", that is, if a child cries for a knife, give it to him. Sometimes we cannot reason when we want something so badly, but the people outside of our situation can see things more clearly. She'll have to get to the PS job and come to the realisation herself.

3. My suspect still remains Eun Joo. For the moment. Because she's the one who feels the most betrayal from Kevin. ( I love how cold she was to Han Ji Won). The writer is feeding us information with a drip and I can't make a decision as to who did it. All I am sure about is that GHR didn't do it. That's probably why hubby says he's going to defend her, because he followed her and saw what happened. Or at least followed her out of the place.

4. When the camera was mentioned by others on this forum, I thought that Kevin was taking photos to blackmail GHR and get Han Ji Won's position back...... I guess he was just showing her that he can take her down too. He is here for revenge, not because love remains in his heart. 

5. The soundtrack to GHR and her hubby reminds me so much of the drama Bad Guy. and a bit of the drama Temptation.

6. I love how GHR's thirst for power has put her in a position where she has to rely on her husband. 

7. My hats off to this writer. If this is how her first drama is, I don't know what skill level she will be on when she gets to her tenth drama........

Is no one suspecting KTW? Too me he is also very suspect although I really don't want him to be on the list. I mean he is just brimming with jealousy rage every time the thought of KL crosses his mind. Every time I think he's going to blow his top off but he just keeps the anger repressed behind those furrowed eyebrows.

I'm also wondering if somebody really killed him or is it one of those cases where everybody had a part to play in his death, where everyone did a minor little thing that would not have done anything but because it all accumulated together, it caused his death?

1 hour ago, diamondzr4eva said:

Is no one suspecting KTW? Too me he is also very suspect although I really don't want him to be on the list. I mean he is just brimming with jealousy rage every time the thought of KL crosses his mind. Every time I think he's going to blow his top off but he just keeps the anger repressed behind those furrowed eyebrows.

I'm also wondering if somebody really killed him or is it one of those cases where everybody had a part to play in his death, where everyone did a minor little thing that would not have done anything but because it all accumulated together, it caused his death?

Tae Wook would be a possible suspect if not for two things:

a. He is a righteous lawyer (although the movie unfaithful does make one think that anyone can do anything once provoked which brings me back to Eun Joo)

b. When he spoke to Hye Ran at the police station hallway, and she said she didn't do it, the scene flashed to his memory of her entering Kevin's car. So he doubts her.

Could it be Kevin killed himself after meeting HR? Or someone in high place want to shut off HR.

Anyway after the flashback is done, next week i hope they  focus on HR and TW covering Kevin's death and also the prisoner. This drama is rather quite stressful to watch on live lol

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

@africandramalover

I think it's teased in the preview for episode 5 - Eun Joo's pregnancy. Granted I've only watched episode 4 once for now. So maybe I missed it. But I don't think it was really addressed? Or was it when Eun Joo served tea and snacks but then Jae Young left to answer a phone call?

After trying to call her husband unsuccessfully while he was with the young reporter in the hotel, his wife Eun Joo placed her phone on the coffee table in front of her right next to a home pregnancy test.  This was the announcement of her pregnancy.

9 hours ago, cheremaman said:

After trying to call her husband unsuccessfully while he was with the young reporter in the hotel, his wife Eun Joo placed her phone on the coffee table in front of her right next to a home pregnancy test.  This was the announcement of her pregnancy.

Thanks!! I'm clearly not observant :ph34r:. Thank heaven for soompi forums!

Where you at, FRIDAY EVENING!!!! 

i wonder  who is the anonymous police officer who gave the tip about GHR involvement in kevin lee death.

why GHR younger self was seen running away from the guy in prison... she seemed guilty of something... abusive father? hence she has been involved in a murder before? 

and the guy in prison is said by the prison guards to be keeping himself in prison even though he can get out. i think he will only get out when ghr is in trouble.

i wonder how she will take it that the blue house withdrew the offer... i hope the blue house at least made a public declaration for her as press secretary. 

and i forgot to say that i expected a mouthful from ghr boss about her bringing kevin lee down or the sponsors of the news programme but he is so supportive of GHR even when he knows she is now leaving. that is the most heart warming scene GHR has in PRESENT time. in fact i think that boss scene is better than tw x ghr courting stage. GHR really showed her gratitude and loyalty. her facial expression softened greatly. her human side was revealed even when she knows she is about to be awarded an honourable title. 

of cos we have seen her human side when she is panicking but i rather see ghr human side when she is at her best. not softening for the sake of wife duties or as a woman but as GHR if you get me. 

oh and i would have prefer kevin lee doing the hidden video camera thing so its more contained but i guess this show doesn't want the cliche of hunting down the memory stick but rather its in the hands of the photographer meaning its as good as everyone having it. oh wells. can't contain that.

i wish tae wook would have ran to ghr's car in the last scene. 

i wish ghr told tae wook kevin lee forced himself on her. 

i wish tae wook would trust ghr sense of loyalty, justice and her love for career success and that ghr is not stupid to give herself into kevin.

1 hour ago, xoxobleach said:

and i forgot to say that i expected a mouthful from ghr boss about her bringing kevin lee down or the sponsors of the news programme but he is so supportive of GHR even when he knows she is now leaving. that is the most heart warming scene GHR has in PRESENT time. in fact i think that boss scene is better than tw x ghr courting stage. GHR really showed her gratitude and loyalty. her facial expression softened greatly. her human side was revealed even when she knows she is about to be awarded an honourable title. 

That was my favorite scene from episode 4. Both of them are strong people and they are doing their job the best they could. Sometimes they are  clashing but they have respect for each other. The boss gave her the best compliment and she warm up to him because it was sincere.

1 hour ago, xoxobleach said:

and the guy in prison is said by the prison guards to be keeping himself in prison even though he can get out. i think he will only get out when ghr is in trouble.

I think you are right. He will go out when he will see that she is in trouble. I sensed that he really loves her. At first I wasn`t sure what he wanted. He doesn`t want to harm her. I am sure that he did the crime to save her or that he covered for her. If she did something it was self defense but he did not want to ruin her future so he took the blame. I want to know more about them.

4 hours ago, diamondzr4eva said:

After seing him following Hye Ran`s car, he is a suspect but he is not the kind of person to murder someone this way. A murder cover up as an accident? It doesn`t seem right. I am sure we`ll found out what he did after he saw his wife and Kevin Lee in the car. If he saw his wife in danger, he could do something to Kevin Lee on the spot. I have a feeling that Tae Wook could have confronted Kevin Lee in that night but I don`t think he is the killer.

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

But then there are these moments in which he looks at Hye Ran and there is pain and longing at the same time. It's pretty possible he could end up ending his own life when reality of failure hits him and when he realizes he can't go back in time to get back Hye Ran. 

It is a posibility but  did`t see him that desperate.  He is succesful right now and he loved to show off, he like the game of chasing Hye Ran. He was obsessed with her and he did not forgot her but to kill himself...  To stage his "death" I could see that  but to be actually the victim? ... I don`t think so. Unless we find more informations like he was sick or something and it was his ultimate revange.

We have a gap between we saw Hye Ran and Kevin Lee in the car and the moment she came back at home. We saw Eun Joo trying desperetly to call Hye Ran. We`ll discover other events that we don`t know yet.The accident took place in the morning?

It is a good mystery drama because we don`t know who did it and many people are on the suspect list. I don`t know at this moment who is the killer. I want to watch the next episodes... now... :wink:

10 hours ago, xoxobleach said:

in preview 5 kevin again forces himself on ghr in her car so i guess he took the brooch back. taewook really gave such a inconvenient gift but i guess that brooch is like a tracking device for everyone and now including the police. -.-

He took it back? What`s with that booch? It supposed to bring luck. :D

Now I am curious how the brooch got back in Kevin Lee`s car. If he took it again, that`s suspisious. It tells me that Kevin Lee had indeed ulteriour motive, he had a plan with that brooch. Now I want to see Kevin Lee `s dead body. To be sure he is the victim. Why they keep this death so mysterious? It was an accident but there is a suspisious that it might be murder. They did not find out the real cause of death yet but there is a rumor that Hye Ran is a suspect in Kevin Lee`s murder. Somethging is fishy here. 

Hye Ran. Oh my. I was wrong. I thot the aborted baby was the one that kept her going when things got rough. It was that inmate in the prison. He is her button to push forward. HR reminds me of the lead character in the Sidney Sheldon book,  Master of the Game. She always scheming and plotting to get her own ways.

Tae Wook. So technically TW stole HR from Kevin.  He knew she has a boyfriend. He asked her whether Kevin was her fiance. Most prolly Kevin was not her fiance not from a lack of asking her to marry him. I guess she turned him down too  just like she rejected TW proposal. Now he cant even trust his own wife.

Kevin Lee. It must burned Kevin to know TW won HR by using his chaebol background. And then for HR to use him to keep her anchor post and then to carelessly disregard his feelings and discard him again that gotta hurt deep. He was right when he accused HR as  the one who brought him back from their past into her life. So he not gonna played by her rule anymore. Its tit for tat time which resulted in him being dead. 

The Suspect.  My main suspect is that reporter Kwak. The young cameraman. He may not plan to kill Kevin but most prolly he met him to ask him to stop bothering his boss and things went wrong. He clearly cares about his boss.

Eun Joo. I wonder whether like some husband, Kevin has a pattern to his behaviours.  Some husbands tend to be extra attentive and kind whenever they strayed. Telling her to go shopping to her heart's  content and declaring his love while being secretive might be the warning signs to EJ. 

HR' boss. Love love love the heartwarming scene between HR and her director.  At least with him she can be herself and let down her guard. 

Could it be HR doing something very mean but not killed him that night. Because HR was shivering after the meeting.  She looked determined when she decided to meet Kevin, so i don't think her shivering because of the photos. 

13 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

Could it be HR doing something very mean but not killed him that night. Because HR was shivering after the meeting.  She looked determined when she decided to meet Kevin, so i don't think her shivering because of the photos. 

It was hard for her that evening but her reaction the next day was genuine. She was really surprised to read the news about Kevin Lee`s death.

May I join this thread?. I watched the episodes and couldn’t refrain myself to comment, and after this I will back reading all the comments. For once, I am happy that the pages are not that much but also conflicted as it may also mean this awesome drama doesn’t pique people”s interest?

This drama gives the Unfaithful vibe to me, so there is a possibility TW killed Kevin just like what Richard Gere did, out of raged, it was unplanned. TW loves HR and he saw her came inside Kevin’s car. Also, he got the brooch again from Kevin. He should have left HR as she is toxic.

In the trial or during the process I am sure both of them will reconcile with HR may realize the damage she has caused TW and being a righteous person, TW will report himself. But of course this only happens if it follows the Unfaithful line of story. Personally, I hope it is not TW though.

I am not sure if I like HR character, the super egoistic person and after what she said to the young anchor, to me she is lower than JW, and knowing Kevin is her friend’s husband and yet you let the guy kissed you. Honestly,  she doesn’t deserve TW.  I couldn’t wait for her world fallen into pieces and she is being taken down. I also wish to see that she is being manipulated as much as she manipulated others. She wants to create a just society?, that made me laugh, what justice when you did injustice to your friend and hubby. She may have idealism but her ways of working and mechanism is not in line to her idealism.

Yes, call me cruel, I know but I have to say KNJ really a great actress, she gives lives to her character. 

Hello to all!

So here i am joining this thread. As recommended by my friend @triplem i watched the first four episodes and this story got me hooked. My initial thought when i watched the first episode was they could have done better with casting, however as the story progressed the cast also caught my attention. Hope this will continue in being a good drama. I am pretty impressed with what Korea has been coming up lately, Money Flower was legit and now Misty to fill that gap.

Edit

The OST and the BGM of this drama is also quite good, i tried to find them online buy it seems nothing has been released on YT yet.

4 hours ago, xoxobleach said:

i wish tae wook would have ran to ghr's car in the last scene. 

i wish ghr told tae wook kevin lee forced himself on her. 

i wish tae wook would trust ghr sense of loyalty, justice and her love for career success and that ghr is not stupid to give herself into kevin.

Yes, I feel the same. They'd be stronger together if only they could/would share their thoughts with one another. 

I wish GHR would tell TW how she waited for him, too. Don't think it was just his family luster that was attracting her.

I'm impressed by how sympathetic the writer is making GHR.  She wasn't an easy like for me with her ruthless drive to the top. But the scenes with TW make it clear she was honest with him about that from the beginning. And he wanted to marry her anyway. Also her rejection by his parents made me warm to her. Really horrible.  And what's with her MIL just prowling through TW's  things and finding that divorce paper? 

TW's mother is my favorite suspect.  Can just see her killing Kevin to get GHR into the Blue House job. Too bad she didn't clean up that haunted brooch.

1 hour ago, mimisl123 said:

The OST and the BGM of this drama is also quite good, i tried to find them online buy it seems nothing has been released on YT yet.

It was anounced that the OST will be released next week. I can`t wait to hear the song.

Episode 3 was jaw-dropping for me ! Hye Ran is so well build up as a character. The writer is really doing a good job on portraying her character. She's complex, bold, true,  I love the fact that from the beginning she didn't hide the fact she's really devoted to her work, but still Tae Wook knew about that and he still loved her even despite that. It's a really mature romance, there's really a difference between the rom-com drama and this one but it's amazing, it's incredible. I've never seen a drama with such a plot and characters that complex.  I'm AMAZED ! This show is awesome !

Now next episode, be back later  ~~~~~~

ITA @Soleram I got "Unfaithful" vibes too. Boy things are getting juicier as more ep. go on. Too bad Kevin is no longer on the show - NOT:w00t: I could care less LoL, you won't be missed Kevin:tongue: 

I am curious to know what was it that was so urgent in that phone call Eunjoo so desperately tried in reaching Hyeran that night? And what transpired between Jiwon & Eunjoo's meet-up? I sure hope it ended with Eunjoo splashing tea/water on Jiwon:tongue: There's also Taewook who is the most likely suspect in Kevin's murder...but judging by Hyeran's reaction (I'm speculating) she is adamant she didn't kill him despite her threats earlier. Maybe he was alive when she left(?) We won't know until more ep. or at least as much as the writers want us to know:wink:

Reporter Kwak is kind of cute - just saying:D And I like Taewook's work colleague, that guy's hilarious:lol: Not forgetting Hyeran's Boss who turned out to be her biggest champion. I honestly think she should've married him instead but I digress.... It's obvious that Taewook/Hyeran have some serious trust and communication issues. If they'd only taken the time to talk to one another they wouldn't end up in this mess but of course we wouldn't get to watch their Drama unfold either LoL!

Archived