Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

N-24 hours.... and there’s a new preview!!!!!

http://m.tv.naver.com/v/2791375

omo omo this is so exciting!!!! Hye Ran and Eun Joo go head to head (figuratively) and the detectives are dumbfounded.

and we finally have Kevin’s phone records!!! The call was from....-dun dun dun dun-

Someone at JBC!!!!

누구?????:o

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 6

Brief translation:

Prosecutor Byun: Name.
Hye Ran: (cold stare)
PB: Name!
Hye Ran: Go Hye Ran (formal)
PB: When was the first time you met Kevin Lee?
HR: I met him unexpectedly at the airport (me: it’s true! Before that he was Lee Jae Young to her)
Eun Joo: She planned it from the start. That’s why she went to the airport to wait for us. That’s why she made that request of me at her mother’s funeral.
PB: Why do you think Go Hye Ran killed your husband?
EJ: Because Hye Ran is that kind of kid. Ever since high school...she can stoop to anything once she sets her mind to it...(including) getting rid of whatever's in her way
PB: Why did you meet Kevin Lee that night? Did you plan to kill him from the start? Or did you meet him for some other reason and then...
HR: Do you have a witness? Do you have a cctv recording at the incident? You xxx don’t! You don’t have any proof!
EJ: Hye Ran was the last one to call him.
Detectives : Who made that last phone call?
Hoobae: According to our records, it was a call from inside JBC
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

@justamom  Thank you. This is very exciting. Count down to tomorrow's episode.  Seems like EJ is going for the jugular and perjuring herself.   Ah, but inside JBC!   There are quite a few maybes - The station manager, directer, asst Kwak, HJw, and Lee Yeon Jung (Prosecutor's own wife).   This drama never disappoints!

• Like 10

Do you guys think it’s HR’s assistant Kwak? He has been the one privy to everything that HR is doing . He saw those private moments Kevin & HR had. Maybe he was trying to lure Kevin out with some dirt he recorded of them 

• Like 14

@triplem Same thoughts, there's more that hasn't been revealed to us. But if it's Reporter Kwak, I think he's trying to protect Hye Ran

Could it be the vice president who was playing golf with Kevin earlier? But that would only be possible if they have a more informal relationship.

Hye Ran's boss? But they've never spoken one-on-one before, not that we know.

From the way he talked (mix of banmal and jondaemal), it still points to Han Ji Won. But why?? And she was supposed to be stationed in Daejeon so she would have used her handphone.

One more thing to remember. Kevin rushed out of the house without his first jacket and the chip inside. So it wasn't to pass the chip to someone else (my original thought).

I LOVE the way Hye Ran stared at the prosecutor (remember, she knows him already as part of the nasty couple). That glare! Like "are you stupid or what?" :o

It's FRIDAY = MISTY DAY!!

• Like 10

Even while I don't understand all that much, I find the back and forth in the preview between the two women quite compelling in terms of performance and storytelling. Good stuff. But in terms of a proper rigorous investigation, it's absolute rubbish. Okay, I understand that they have to take "witness" statements but the prosecutor is leading the witness and not pushing her hard enough to substantiate her statements. If this what he means by "skill"... you've got to wonder. Of course he has an agenda that he's trying to push but he'd better have more than just unsubstantiated claims by the time they go to court. I certainly hope someone at the very least questions the reliability of the witness if she's so obviously biased.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:05 AM, marinated_lemon said:

Anyway, anyone could have killed KL. Hyeran, Eunjoo, Jiwon, Taewook, etc. I guess I am more at peace because from the day of the first interview, I saw KL as troublemaker, a jerk, and then, a womanizer too. For me, he is the real villain in this drama. Anyone, anyone at all, could have understandably kill him at some point.

I don't think anyone could have killed KL. :wink: On top of motive and opportunity, the person's character also comes into it...  having the means to do it... and whether they believe anything can be gained by it.

As for people wanting to kill Kevin, I'm sure there's a bit of a queue. But whether they would actually do it when push comes to shove, that remains to be seen. 

As for Kevin being the villain, I'm with you. He is a ticking timebomb. Which is partly why I think it's more likely nobody in particularly actually killed him. He probably did get into all kinds of trouble including getting himself hit on the head. 

@triplem Not sure about Kwak. Don't know enough about him outside of the workplace. But it's an interesting thought because I get the impression that Kevin must have been quite busy that night.

But yeah, blackmailers are seldom murderers because they have little to gain by killing.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 4

@justamom @40somethingahjumma Hmm, maybe  Kwak is not the killer. But I’m wondering if he is the one that Kevin met after that 1am phone call. 

Let’s just say that Kevin was not intentionally murdered. Can the person who assaulted him be liable for involuntary manslaughter ? After all he was hit on the head & injured on the wrist - that could hv caused some sort of trauma that led to him losing control while driving. 

Jtbc had a press con. The OTP looks great .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Even while I don't understand all that much, I find the back and forth in the preview between the two women quite compelling in terms of performance and storytelling. Good stuff. But in terms of a proper rigorous investigation, it's absolute rubbish. Okay, I understand that they have to take "witness" statements but the prosecutor is leading the witness and not pushing her hard enough to substantiate her statements. If this what he means by "skill"... you've got to wonder. Of course he has an agenda that he's trying to push but he'd better have more than just unsubstantiated claims by the time they go to court. I certainly hope someone at the very least questions the reliability of the witness if she's so obviously biased.

His agenda isn't to find out the truth. It's to bring down Go Hye Ran and her husband. Both direct rivals of him and his wife.

I agree it's a rubbish investigation. But it's fiction, not a documentary. Things we see in real life exaggerated and taken to the extreme. It's the best kind of fiction to me, because they only show what's important and you have to concentrate really hard. There's no fluff. It's so tightly written and edited. 

@triplem omo Kim Nam Joo is fast becoming my new heroine. Those photos are gorgeous. What a stunner!

• Like 7

@triplem 

That's what I'm inclined to think. Kevin probably got into an altercation with someone, hit his head and was a bit wobbly on his pins and stumbled into his car to get away. He probably wasn't in great shape when he was driving and crashed. That's one of my theories anyway. :D There's a part of me that's still clinging on to  the belief that he took his own life out of spite :tongue:

It's possible that Kwak or HJ were the ones that made the call from JBC but again, it doesn't necessarily make them guilty of murder, if a murder has indeed been committed.

48 minutes ago, justamom said:

His agenda isn't to find out the truth. It's to bring down Go Hye Ran and her husband. Both direct rivals of him and his wife.

I agree it's a rubbish investigation. But it's fiction, not a documentary. Things we see in real life exaggerated and taken to the extreme. It's the best kind of fiction to me, because they only show what's important and you have to concentrate really hard. There's no fluff. It's so tightly written and edited. 

To be fair, I suppose I shouldn't judge the entire episode based on a two and half minute clip. 

But it's a kangaroo investigation and I should just take a deep breath before I watch it tomorrow or the day after. :D There's always the acting to look forward to and the prospect of seeing who's more adept at spinning half truths.

• Like 6

Chingus -- in between while trying to figure out who killed kevin, come join us in a new event and play OTP bingo with the community and have fun! :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Anyone else live streaming? Gonna be following @V‘s Bah Doo and hopefully the streaming links work tonight...

btw, Ji Jin Hee said at the press con, big twists and turns coming!

• Like 6

Hi!

I think this drama looks really good!

And I'm trying to catch up on the episodes. I hope I can join the discussions!

Do any of you have any thoughts on the drama so far? :) 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hi!

I think this drama looks really good!

And I'm trying to catch up on the episodes. I hope I can join the discussions!

Do any of you have any thoughts on the drama so far? :) 

It is a very good drama, great story, great cast and some incredible writing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, justamom said:

Anyone else live streaming? Gonna be following @V‘s Bah Doo and hopefully the streaming links work tonight...

btw, Ji Jin Hee said at the press con, big twists and turns coming!

I have had problems finding live stream sites for JTBC. So I will have to depend on the YT Cuts and V's recaps. 

https://www.bah-doo.com/misty-live-recap-episode-9/

@2handsintertwined really good.  This has been a good replacement for me since Money Flower ended

_-------------------------------

This is not surprising - Hanille Steel is of course taking this opportunity to retrieve all the evidence. Glad that HJW was a quick thinker . From @V's recaps

The search warrant has arrived at JBC. They tell the team that they have a search warrant and start to take everything. All the news team stands and their desks are being destroyed. But it looks like one of the detectives is actually taking all the info about the steel and construction companies! JW texts the camera man and asks him if he has the original video for the construction company. The camera man quickly starts to copy the files!

@justamom Your guess about JW being the one made the call  to KL is right!

Spoiler

TW shows up at the sky lounge, but the person who is there tells him that he can’t come in. But TW goes in anyway. He sees everyone walking bout and chuckling at him. But KJ is there!!!!! He saw the corrupt people laughing at TW and patting him on the back, but he is hiding so they didn’t see them. This is a bigger thing than he can chew. He calls SJ and finds out that JW used the phone that night. JW is the last person to call KL that night. So HR is wrongly accused.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm gasping here just from Bah Doo and JTBC's clips. Hurry, Tae Wook, hurry! 

Who would have guessed, tonight is everyone team up to save Hye Ran night! Pali pali!

• Like 6