[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, triplem said:

This has a relationship chart ...anyone can translate ? 

Top Row: Yoon Song-yi (reporter) ---- helper/on her side ----- Ko Hae-ran (news anchor) -----married couple---- Kang Tae-wook (public defender) ------ helper/on his side ---- Jung Ki-chan (Manager)

Next Row (l-r): Ha Myung-woo (mysterious man) -----------Han Ji-won (red clothes, news anchor) ------scandal------ Lee Jae-young (pro golfer) ----------- married couple ---------Seo Eun-joo

Han Ji-won is Ko Hae-ran's rival and had a scandal with Lee Jae-young (pro golfer)

Lee Jae-young (pro golfer) and Ko Hae-ran (main actress) are first loves who met again

Seo Eun-joo (golfers wife) and Ko Hae-ran (main actress) are best friends since high school

Next row (JBC News Team): Jang Gyu-suk (news department director), Oh Dae-woong (News team manager), Lee Yoon-jong (News anchor), Kwak Ki-suk (Camera man)

Next row (Gang-nam Police department): Kang Ki-jun (serious crime squad team leader), Choi Ki-sub (Chief of Crime Department), Park Sung-jae (detective)

Hi  all chingus! jongski present! going to watch raw.  If you guys like mature adult drama.. watch this with us. I didn't watch I  Have A Lover (50 eps too much for me) The last  kdrama mature adult genre I enjoyed was The Good Wife, and Memory. Hoping this is good as well. From the writer of Beautiful Mind and director who did Sirius, plus stellar cast. I'm in.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Misty 미스티 - Fridays and Saturdays @ 23:00 KST

@VThanks so much for your recaps on your site . 1st episode is Awesome. So It seems like the marriage broke down because HR seem to put her career ahead of her marriage & family. How sad it is to see her rush to the airport, instead of to the hospital where her mother is dying. So this Kevin Lee is the one she’ll be accused of murdering - someone she had a fling with ? 

Yes! She put her career ahead of starting a family with her husband and ended a pregnancy. That is why the husband is enraged with her but still loves her. I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE WENT TO THE AIRPORT. I mean whaaaaaaaaaat? That just shows how desperate she is to keep her job and maintain her status. I hope they show us why she is so absolute about being the top anchor in Korea forever and a day.

When I saw that highway scene I was just thinking...no way she goes to the airport, there is no way....AND SHE WENT. She looked so disheveled and stupid drunk but trying to keep it together and then she bumps into Kevin Lee aka Lee Jae-young AND HIS WIFE who is her highschool friend.

This first episode did an amazing job setting up the characters, the stakes, and introducing us to the intricately plotted storyline. I am amazed.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Tsk. Was going to do quick recap I saw the beginning part but jtbc raw  not working atm. only  Japaneses channels does :D 

I'll share my thoughts later on when I get to watch the  episode as whole.

On Demand Korea has the episode up already (but no subs) no membership required.

http://www.ondemandkorea.com/misty-e1.html

So this Kevin Lee is the one she’ll be accused of murdering - someone she had a fling with ?

Yes it looks like this is the man that she was dreaming/remembering all episode. From the character chart is says that they were first loves so they may not have had an affair with each other yet. 

JJH's role as TW is little bit like his role in I Have a Lover. He loved his wife then resented her then went to love his wife again :D. Though it's look like in the teaser the wife told him that she didn't love him when he proposed her but he did't mind and they ended up married anyway. So was the golfer her ex lover? 

We're live recapping this one right after Hwayugi finishes! 

https://www.bah-doo.com/tag/misty/

Also, here is our shorthand character chart:

Spoiler

Misty-Characters.jpg?resize=665,887&ssl=

The actual link will post about an hour before it airs, but maybe I can update this post with it after Hwayugi finishes. See you there!

Edit, Here is the link: https://www.bah-doo.com/misty-live-recap-episode-2/

Just finished Ep 1.  Good start for this drama.  So who killed  pro golfer Kevin Lee / Lee Jae Young?  Car crashes on a snowy road the suspect is Hye Ran so we get the 1 month before the accident happen.

Hye Ran is tough and feisty and  will not relinquish her anchor spot to  junior reporter Ji Won even if  she's been doing the news anchor slot for seven years. That's a  long time.  I do get it, if you're doing good, why quit?  She's got that  aura of I'm good with what I do, viewers like what they see, I own this spot attitude. She wants to maintain that cool calm collected  news anchor  Project the image intelligent one, something the viewers can trust.

But behind that facade She's got this cold marriage to her rich husband- prosecutor turned public defender Ta Wook.  Basically they're married living in the house and that's just that. I pretty much can guess they don't share one bed. They don't sleep together.   They don't have children  but TW mother wants her to be conceive already which  she clearly doesn't wan to.  Of course that will ruin her image and her anchor spot.  TW's mother even leaves some medicine to help her to get pregnant. Yeah, I know. How can she even get pregnant if  she's not even sleeping with her husband.

However.  I think I know why Tae Wook is being cold to her.  The scene  the couple had dinner with friends,  afterwards  She confronted him. during dinner she felt she was being embarrassed out there and colleagues think highly of  him.

TW:  "you're good at quitting things. That's why the baby you were pregnant with... our uborn child you so  coldly, without a thought.... I don't expect anything from you. You shouldn't expect anything from me"

Oh no! so does it mean  she  aborted a baby? That she got pregnant before but her career comes first? Tae wook didn't even finish what he was going to say  but instead got exasperated.

As for Kevin Lee/ LHY golfer. The wife and her were  high school classmates. She had an affair with him.. is this before or to get a story and interview.. she needs that so she can retain her anchor spot.

Did she kill Kevin  Lee?  Ahh lets wait for episode 2.

Have to say at first I wast interested in this drama because of the story about wife and husband falling in love again. but reading about wife being unfaithful to her husband and seeing clips of explicit scenes make me not watch this drama. It is gonna be hard even thinking about them getting in love again when they are so in your face about her cheating. Also if i understand it is other factor in their stranded marriage that make it hard to understand how the writer gonna make us believe that they can fall for each other again.  I just have a hard time feeling any romance vibe  from what they present so far... I guess this is not a drama for me, but to those you who liking this drama have a nice watch! 

40 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Have to say at first I wast interested in this drama because of the story about wife and husband falling in love again. but reading about wife being unfaithful to her husband and seeing clips of explicit scenes make me not watch this drama. It is gonna be hard even thinking about them getting in love again when they are so in your face about her cheating. Also if i understand it is other factor in their stranded marriage that make it hard to understand how the writer gonna make us believe that they can fall for each other again.  I just have a hard time feeling any romance vibe  from what they present so far... I guess this is not a drama for me, but to those you who liking this drama have a nice watch! 

I think the relationship was before she got married.I saw her recognizing the scars on his arm while she was watching the tapes. So they were probably lovers before she got married. He does make some moves on her in the present too. He might be a womaniser. Only seen one episode so far so I'm not sure.

Ok. I just finished episode 1, and so I'm really intrigued! The plot is interesting and the production values, acting, and directing are solid. So refreshing to see a mature drama with mature actors. I do have one question, though- how old are the main characters supposed to be in this drama? I thought the main leads were supposed to be in their 40s, like around 42-44, because of how other characters at the TV network keep harping about Hye Ran's age, but then her mother in law is giving her pregnancy medicine and pushing for a baby, which I think would be a bit strange if Hye Ran is in her 40's already. But then if everyone is late 30's, why would Hye Ran have to retire from the news anchor because of age issues? 

Regarding the estrangement with her husband, I agree with others here that the cause was that she had an abortion. It's strongly implied that she aborted their baby to further her career, which rings true considering Hye Ran's other actions.  As for her relationship with Kevin Lee, I think that they both were single at the time and then they broke up for some reason. Hopefully, we'll learn more as the series continues. She was definitely shocked to find him married to her old high school friend. I'm so glad Dramafever was able to get the liscense for this drama. Looking forward to Episode 2!

Episode 2 was fire! Oh my goodness HR is no step over for anyone! My spoilery take on episode 2 is below.

Spoiler

I love how she didn't actually make Ji-won do anything, Ji-won did everything on her own volition, but HR was there to catch the indiscretion and use it to her advantage. I also lvoe how HR didn't release it to the public, she only released it to the JBC news head because all she wanted was her job back, not for a huge scandal to break out.

The preview for episode three makes me wonder when the affair started to take place. Was this preview only for episode 3 or was it a longer preview for the season?

I really feel for TW, but he is so cold to JW that she can't even try to apologize. Sure, she probably hasn't tried and never will, but seeing their interactions with each other shows us that their marriage is definitely at a hard place that is about to break. JW even looked like she gave up in this episode when she ignored him at their home and turned up the volume on him.

But TW basically told HR that he is only staying married to her because HR still needs him. I think this is because, if HR and TW got a divorce, that could be used against her at her workplace and get her fired. TW doesn't want that so I assume that he still cares about her? All the looks he has toward her images on screen or video are of caring and longing, but when he looks at her in real life he doesn't show any of these emotions. 

I just finished the first episode, and man was that intense! 

The cinematography is really beautiful, and this is the first time I've seen one of Kim Nam Joo's works but I think she really portrays her character perfectly! 

I'm going to wait until I see episode 2 to make any speculations, but I just had to post something because it's been a while since I've watched a drama that's more mature. And man did it leave an impact!  

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

I'm also still a bit confused about the whole timeline of the drama. I mean the past - not the two months prior murder/accident but the one with Hye-ran and Jae-young - is pretty clear... so far. With Hye-ran having longer hair, Jae-young looking less sophisticated. The color palette of their past together is certainly different.

But again it's only the first two episodes... we need more for the plot thicken and for us to understand more what's going on.

Hide contents

For a moment I thought Jae-young's wife could be up to something. There is certainly not everything good between them. She loves him but he doesn't say "I love you" back. Made me already suspicious of him. But then again I'm suspicious of everyone in this drama.

So I think there are three timelines so far:

1. Interogation

2. One month before the accident

3. Many years ago when Hae-ran and Kevin Lee first fell in love and were not famous or successful yet.

Does anyone else have a guess to the timelines?

I love what you have written in the hidden part. Our household also thinks something could be going on with that. I feel for the wife, but I am also suspicious of everyone too :ph34r:. I love this drama so much.

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think some people misunderstand this drama. This isn't a romance or romcom. It's a dark tale about failed love, lost love, betrayal and intrigues. If somebody is expecting this to be something about married people reconnecting... this is certainly the wrong drama to watch.

Reveal hidden contents

Credit: I made these gifs

I guess you are referring to my comment. this is what the plot description says:  

"Their marriage has also been on the rocks. Kang Tae-Wook decides to defend his wife and they fall in love again." 

so i thought this was what the show was about.  seems like it is something else then. my naive mind was thinking that the show would focus on them based on this line in the description, and that her reason for being suspect in the murder was different. I think i had a very different expectation for this show... sorry for being so negative. 

Misty killed the other competition on its 2nd episode. 

Episode 2 Ratings:

Seoul - 5.599

Nationwide - 5.074

* It was the no. 1 program among cable shows airing at 11 PM. They were also able to defeat MBC, KBS2 and KBS1 at the same slot.

* Episode 1 replay rated 3.299 in Seoul and 2.62 nationwide.

1 hour ago, sal2 said:

I guess you are referring to my comment. this is what the plot description says:  

"Their marriage has also been on the rocks. Kang Tae-Wook decides to defend his wife and they fall in love again." 

so i thought this was what the show was about.  seems like it is something else then. my naive mind was thinking that the show would focus on them based on this line in the description, and that her reason for being suspect in the murder was different. I think i had a very different expectation for this show... sorry for being so negative. 

I actually thought this drama was about one thing before it aired and now I have no idea how to classify this drama either. All I know is that I am along for the ride.

Archived