[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, V said:

I actually thought this drama was about one thing before it aired and now I have no idea how to classify this drama either. All I know is that I am along for the ride.

Lol me too, I mean I was kinda expecting more just going off from the vibe of the poster but I was pretty shook by the amount of tension this drama has. 

So I watched episode 2...

For one, her swag when she was standing in that red suit was just perfection to the T. (I think I've found my first woman crush) 

Spoiler

I also feel really bad for Kevin Lee's wife, I wasn't sure before, but ep 2 solidified the fact that it seems he married her to out of revenge. I also really appreciate the complexity of Go Hye Ran. She is extremely cold and career driven, but it's hinted that she wasn't always like this, and that she's not as cold blooded as she seems. Such as when her mother passed away and she was stuffing herself with carbs, kinda in rebellion to what her mother had said. Or at least that's the impression I got. 

I was also extremely impressed with how she got her position as anchor back (and I loved how they hinted at it before it actually happened). Her barbs were perfectly aimed, and her comeback comment was also something I couldn't help but relish cause I seriously hate infidelity. Although we do see that Hye Ran succumbs to it in the next episode, I'm still really invested in her character, since this drama is more about what happens after the murder rather than before it. So I'm really looking forward to her character warming up a bit more!

Also the dude at the prison, I wonder how he plays into the plot. Does anyone else think he's the real murderer? 

Also, the TENSION in this drama is so palpable, I swear I'm holding my breath every second when I'm watching this! The director and actors/actresses are just phenomenal! It especially get's to me whenever they have one of those scenes that are really still, where they're mostly just staring at each other, with the background music pretty low, and the camera just staying/focusing on their expressions. Ugh it's too good!  :star:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2018 at 8:22 AM, jongski said:

Hi  all chingus! jongski present! going to watch raw.  If you guys like mature adult drama.. watch this with us. I didn't watch I  Have A Lover (50 eps too much for me) The last  kdrama mature adult genre I enjoyed was The Good Wife, and Memory. Hoping this is good as well. From the writer of Beautiful Mind and director who did Sirius, plus stellar cast. I'm in.

From the writer of Beautiful Mind?  I'll never get over those two cut episodes.  I was re-watching the final moments of that drama's ending the other day. Still miss it.  I'm in, too.  

I won't make judgements on our heroine until I have watched episode 3. But so far, from the first two episodes, looks like she dumped Kevin Lee for her current husband because she was ambitious and thought he had no prospects. Interesting to see what decision she makes in the next few episodes.

The music, fashion and acting in this drama is fantastic.

I didn't know this drama was what I was looking for until today.

Now, for my list of suspects:

Kevin Lee's wife Seo Eun Joo - she obviously loves him and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Ha Myung Woo - Creepy photobook guarantees a spot on the suspect list

Han Ji Won - Hye Ran is pushing her buttons and the competition between them is motive

2 hours ago, ihyw said:

From the writer of Beautiful Mind?  I'll never get over those two cut episodes.  I was re-watching the final moments of that drama's ending the other day. Still miss it.  I'm in, too.  

It's the same director/PD of Beautiful Mind and Sirius -Mo Wan-Il. I really like this director.  The writer is different. The writer of Beautiful Mind was Kim Tae-Hee. The writer of Misty is Je-In.  According to Dramabeans, the writer of Misty is new. 

this drama is unexpectedly so good. 

only started watching to fill in my waiting time for subs  for odyssey plus my knowledge of the 2 leads who won't disappoint me.

but i confess that i prefer this show so much more. 

so thankful for the subbers - they are pretty fast. 

i wonder who died in the car... 2 bodies or 1 only?

the prison dude seems to hate jjh character so i guess jjh when he was a prosecutor put him behind bars. now that his role is changed... will it be weird...

kevin lee is (hot) trash so i wonder why ghr will still give into him (brooch kissing scene). ghr calculated moves are perfect knowing kevin lee cheating tendencies though i wished kevin lee pushed ji won away as he loves only ghr (i think). then again i think it helps cushion his cheating with ghr since he does it with whoever. 

and i wonder at which point was she together with kevin lee... i hope its before her marriage and whether tae wook was in the picture then. tae wook seems to recognise kevin lee on television with his wife. 

oh and i thought how ghr boss helped ghr transit to the human documentary with kevin lee to be SO BRILLIANT. its like double trapping her and for the good of his company.

but ghr managed to REVERSE tables and get back on news 9 at the very end.

i wonder how much say she has when she is put on trial. whether she can use her awesomeness to fight her own battle. will she be locked away? i hope she still gets her freedom.

JJH character doesn't seem that awesome yet...but he ought to be to save ghr in the end - right?

and after watching the preview on pg 2, tae wook said he likes ghr one sidedly and chose her, hence in ep 2 he said he will bare the burden of this marriage.

i hope she did not choose him for his family background only... 

Kim Nam Joo Shines In Leading Role As “Misty” Scores 5 Percent Ratings In Just 2 Episodes

Misty-Kim-Nam-Joo.jpg

JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Misty” has already enthralled viewers and in the middle of its success stands actress Kim Nam Joo.

See Also: Kim Nam Joo Reveals Why She Didn’t Let BTS Into Her House On “Let’s Eat Dinner Together”

According to statistics released by Nielsen Korea, the second episode of the drama that aired on February 3 recorded nationwide ratings of 5.07 percent. This is 1.6 percent higher than the first episode’s ratings of 3.47 percent, and “Misty” has hit the five percent ratings milestone in just two episodes.

“Misty” is a melodramatic mystery drama that follows the story of Korea’s greatest anchorwoman Go Hye Ran (Kim Nam Joo) being investigated as a potential murder suspect and her husband Kang Tae Wook (Ji Jin Hee) stepping up as her lawyer. Their love will be tested as secrets are unveiled and the investigation deepens. Kim Nam Joo’s character is the driving force of the plot and though this is her first drama in six years, she is being applauded by viewers for her flawless acting skills and charisma.

Read more

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/03/kim-nam-joo-shines-leading-role-misty-scores-5-percent-ratings-just-2-episodes/

4 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

I won't make judgements on our heroine until I have watched episode 3. But so far, from the first two episodes, looks like she dumped Kevin Lee for her current husband because she was ambitious and thought he had no prospects. Interesting to see what decision she makes in the next few episodes.

The music, fashion and acting in this drama is fantastic.

I didn't know this drama was what I was looking for until today.

Now, for my list of suspects:

Kevin Lee's wife Seo Eun Joo - she obviously loves him and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Ha Myung Woo - Creepy photobook guarantees a spot on the suspect list

Han Ji Won - Hye Ran is pushing her buttons and the competition between them is motive

@Kimchi Sweet Potato, I think you may be right about the suspects.  I'm not sure about Ha Myung Woo, but definitely would say Seo Eun Joo and Han Ji Won.  So far I am liking this drama, but then again, anything Ji Jin Hee is in is fantastic.  I loved him in I Have a Lover.  Looking forward to watching the future episodes and reading all the posts.  I love being able to share our thoughts on the dramas.

Just saying HR's ex lover is not a good man, i mean he was cheating his wife with that young reporter. I really hope HR didn't have affair with him in the one month period before the accident.

Anyway who is the man in the prison, did he has a grudge or other things with HR or TW, since he kept their wedding picture.

I just finished the first two episodes and I am so excited to watch the next episodes. I had a feeling that I will like this drama very much and my instinct did not dissapoint.

What a cut-throat world! Hye Ran is such a strong lady. She is cold and calculated but somehow I feel sorry for her. She is like a tragic figure. Hye Ran is good at her job but higher up are hoping her to retire because they want a younger news anchor to boost their ratings. Probably, the young and ambitious Hye Ran did the same with other older anchor but I was cheering when the photos of Han Ji won and Kevin Lee were in the director`s hands. Yeah... Hye Ran is not over. It was not nice what she did but it is a tough fight anyway. She sensed Han Ji won`s weakness and set the trap right away and just waited.

Hye Ran`s life is hell. Her personal life is a mess, marriage is almost over, her mother in law is like a hawk, she doesn`t have kids and her news anchor career is in danger because of she is getting old. All she has right now is her reputation and lots of people who wants to see her fail. On top of that, her past is coming back in her life. And now she is a suspect in Lee Jae-Young/ Kevin Lee`s murder/ accident. From the little I saw, Hye ran was poor, and she fought all her life to have and mantain a higher status.  Her mother was pushing her to achieve success. She left her first love (Lee Jae Young) and I suspect that her secret is that she abandoned her baby

About her estranged husband... he seems to be a very nice man. What went wrong? It was not enough for Hye-Ran to marry a good man, from a wealthy family, she had to succeed on her own. I also suspect that she aborted their baby to further her career. Maybe it happened when she was about to be the news anchor. I am sure that was not an easy decision. It was painful for her too but just like when she had to decide with road to take (to see her dying mother or to get the interview) she chose her ambitious, to lose her soul. I am so sorry to see them so broken. I think it is hard  for Kang Tae-Wook to see her wife going this path. I think he still has feelings for her. Hye Ran accused her husband that she doesn`t see what she is going through but I think he does but they can`t reconncect. I saw how she looked at her wife`s old picture when she was smiling, I saw how he noticed his wife micro-expressions when she was on screen interviewing Kevin Lee. 

Now we have a mystery. Who killed Lee Jae Young?  Hye Ran is the police  prime suspect and I am glad her husband will represent her. I think it is time for every secret to be exposed. Maybe it will be a second chance for Hye Ran. It won`t be easy to expose all her thoughts, her past secrets to her husband and maybe it won`t be easy for Tae-Wook  to hear them too but if someone is going to see her vulnerabilities, I am glad it will be him.  I keep a tiny hope that they will reconnect.

I think Seo Eun-Joo is a good suspect too. Who knows what she is capable to do when she will know tha truth about her husband? Who is the man from the prison who kept the articles from the newspapers? He has an issue with Tae Wook or Hye Ran?

What is Hye Ran`s secret that her mother also knew?  I suspect that she has a hidden child but let see what other secrets will unfold....

New episodes fast!

21 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

PG19, steamy scenes, workplace backstabbing, scorned lovers....... I'm in so much trouble!! I hope Korea continues with these adult dramas. No offense to idols:tongue:. Representing team Unnie drama fans!

7 minutes ago, triplem said:

I'll join the club. I have nothing against idols myself but of late a few have been a disappointment...also I just realised that your DP is the OTP from SLA!!!! That drama was superb. A+

Mee too. Idol dramas will be produced in the future but I hope we`ll have diversity. Hope they will produce dramas for all audiences.  JTBC, fighting!  

Watch this drama and wow thus far is quiet intense. I don’t know who killed Kevin but there’s something in me hope that HR’s not having an affair with him...not after what she told Ji Won of not ‘seducing’ or involve with a married man. If she have an affair than she is such a hypocrite.

The brooch, it can be planted there so the police can found it out and made HR as a suspect or it fell on her attempt to get ride of Kevin’s kissing.

Good drama, good cast and thank’s GOD no idol. No offense but why Korean like to cast idol where it already shows many drama doesn’t have a good rating when idol is the lead, max rating is below 14% unless there is drama that I haven’t watch. 

@Jillia I've been wondering what age they are supposed to portray in the drama. Since I know Kim Nam Joo and Ji Jin Hee are both in their mid to late 40's, I was wondering if they're supposed to be younger in the drama? Since the mother-in-law is still pushing for a kid I was somewhat expecting them to play younger ages than what they really are? 

And I really hope the timeline of everything will be made more clear in the next two episodes! Cause I'm really curious about when Hye Ran and Jae Young broke up, I was guessing around college or around the time Hye Ran became employed. Plus there's the fact that when Hye Ran got married she was already an anchor according to the creeper prisoners news articles. And hasn't she been the anchor for 7 years? So I'd really like to know how old they are lol. 

4 hours ago, triplem said:

I'll join the club. I have nothing against idols myself but of late a few have been a disappointment...also I just realised that your DP is the OTP from SLA!!!! That drama was superb. A+

SLA was AAA*** rating. There's Secret Love Affair, then there's every other drama. I still haven't moved on.

4 hours ago, larus said:

Mee too. Idol dramas will be produced in the future but I hope we`ll have diversity. Hope they will produce dramas for all audiences.  JTBC, fighting!  

Stations exist to make money. Idols bring in viewers, who bring in advertising money, especially the youth demographic. But their stories are kinda shallow and I am past that stage in life. I want married people problems and Ajumma problems and people who look back at their youth with regret at chances lost (like myself) or adults who still experience human emotions, not wearing Ajumma clothes and Ajumma hair. People who have been screwed over fantastically by life and still wake up trying to be realistic without descending into cynicism. And they're still sexual beings.

TVn seems like a youth network, JTBC pick up a lot of the older people dramas, OCN want to have a niche as crime drama experts, and the main broadcasters work to serve the nation. I hope they don't give us adult dramas like hospital drips. This year seems promising.

That being said, I think the killer is the golfers wife.....but this is Korea so......

4 hours ago, larus said:

What is Hye Ran`s secret that her mother also knew?  I suspect that she has a hidden child but let see what other secrets will unfold....

Secret child? You could be right.   I hadn't thought about that. Tae Wook alluding to "unborn child"  so I figured she must have an abortion or  or something. The mother told her she will take to the grave her secret (again I thought it's about aborting  baby). But.. if possibility of secret child....with Kevin Lee? or one of those of the news production? Well could be a secret child or something else that could ruin her career.   I check the casting.. I didn't see any child actor listed... but then again.

I feel too that Tae Wook still has feelings for Hye Ran but she's always this cold person and married to her career ( But isn't he?)  she's being pushed to have baby by the Mother in Law.  I wonder if a MIL approved  of her and the marriage before. They're not on friendly terms from the looks of it.   If she did  abort a their child, you're right, I guess  she had to make that decision... child or career and she chose  the latter.  For her own good. Isn't that what the mother likes. For her to always look young and pretty

3 hours ago, heyho5502 said:

Watch this drama and wow thus far is quiet intense. I don’t know who killed Kevin but there’s something in me hope that HR’s not having an affair with him...not after what she told Ji Won of not ‘seducing’ or involve with a married man. If she have an affair than she is such a hypocrite.

In ep 1 Hye Ran embarrassed the Ji won during the live broadcast, asking her a lot of questions.  and she likes to preach and teach the young one  how to be prepared. And her, having the scandal and affair with  Kevin lee (even though it was before she became an anchor, I'm guessing) It will give enough points to Ji Won to counter her preaching and gain more backing from the news manager

About to watch episode 2. I'm going to see who could be suspect. Eun Joo. Ji Won.. or ???

38 minutes ago, Siufey71 said:

I've been wondering what age they are supposed to portray in the drama. Since I know Kim Nam Joo and Ji Jin Hee are both in their mid to late 40's, I was wondering if they're supposed to be younger in the drama?

I think they are in late 30s or early 40s in the drama.

3 hours ago, mary-ann said:

I'm thinking of watching ths drama, it looks interesting could someone give a brief recommandation of why this drama should be watched?

I usually don`t make recomandation because in the end it is a matter of personal taste. I don`t know what are you looking for. The heroine in this drama is a strong woman in her 40s who is a succesful woman in her career but she is "fighting' at work to keep her job. She is facing another crissis when her first boyfriend she left because he did not have perspectives comes in her live after so many years and now he is very succesful and married with her old classmate/ friend. Her marriage is on the rocks but her husband has lingering feelings for her old self. And we`ll have to solve a murder mystery and to discover her past secret.  The heroine becomes the prime suspect and her husband will become her defense lawyer. I believe they will fall in love again of each other in the process. I am already excited to watch this drama. I don`t know about others. :wink:

23 minutes ago, jongski said:

About to watch episode 2. I'm going to see who could be suspect. Eun Joo. Ji Won.. or ???

I have a feeling that Eun Joo will be on my suspect list. So far, she did not do anything on screen to be a suspect but she won`t be happy to find out the hystory between Jae Young and Hye Ran.

I am thinking at Kevin Lee.  Han Ji-Won said that Lee Jae-Young met Eun Joo after being lelt by a woman (Hye Ran). She supported him even when he was not successful but I wonder why he appoached Eun Joo in the first place. Because she was Hye Ran`s friend? When Eun Joo told him that she loved him, he did not respond back. Is he using her?

He worked hard to become rich and successful/ famous but he never forgot how he was dumped? After so many years he needed to show off in front of Hye Ran?

35 minutes ago, jongski said:

Secret child? You could be right.   I hadn't thought about that. Tae Wook alluding to "unborn child"  so I figured she must have an abortion or  or something.

It is too early to know what is this secret but I just thought that maybe she could have a secret child with her first love. When her mother saw her at the hospital she mentioned about "contraception". So she had a scare in her youth when a possible pregnency could have "ruined" her perspectives. But maybe it is nothing about that. We`ll see. No matter what it was, I felt bad for Hye Ran to see her mother not putting her daughter`s happiness first. 

Tae Wook mentioned about un "unborn child" so we all figured out that she must have had an abortion. I could see her in a position to chose between a baby and a career. She thought that she could have a baby later but as we saw, her marriage life suffered after that.

57 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So who else finds it weird that Eun Joo, former best friend of Hye Ran (?) (What happened it didn't stay that way?), got married to Hye Ran's former lover (Same thoughts, @larus? :) )? Coincidence? I don't think so. Also the fact she knows  all about Hye Ran's life? It gave me chills....

It is creepy how he never get over the rejection after so many years. I understand that he got hurt when Hye Ran choose to break up with him but what he did? He married her classmate and he put his energy to became famous and now he wants to show her what she has lost.:huh:He knows everything about her life (what was presented to public). I wonder if Kevin Lee and his wife will meet Hye Ran and Tae-Wook.

When Tae Wook collided with that prisoner, I thought that Tae Wook must have been the one who prosecuted him and that man had a grudge on him. I bet the will be  released from prison soon.

So.DAMN. INTERESTING !!!! OH mama ! The actress is nailing it, I've never seen her in a drama before but she's so good in this role. 

And Kevin Lee, the actor has played in the drama Save Me and I loved him since then. His eyes aawwww melt !!!!! Anyway, I love this drama already, but yeah I'm going to judge I think, don't jump on me just because I'm stating my opinion ! :lol:

I hate Hye Ran, first of all her mother died but she choose to go to the airport. I think she want to succeed in her career, because she didn't have a smooth childhood and also that's her mother's wish, but I just don't agree with her decisions.

Secondly, wow she's ready to do everything to hide the fact that Kevin Lee was her boyfriend/lover (?) so she had Ji Won followed, because that girl kind of gave her hints that she's trying to know Hye Ran's past relationship with him, but then it's Ji Won's fault I know but noooo ! I also disagree with that decision of handling the photos to the director.

AND my fear has come true : I don't want her to fall again for Kevin Lee, just forget him already, but in the next episode seems like she'll fall for Kevin Lee again. But then previews are sometimes misleading so I hope she'll reject him ! Her husband is so pitiful and it's obvious that he loves her ! I hope she'll redeem herself soon and realize that love is even more important now since she already has everything in her career. 

EDIT: I didn't read the synopsis or watch the teaser, I just read that this is great so I don't know the storyline, but I read in this forum that there were already misunderstanding on the story so as for me I hope the couple will reconnect and fall in love again, properly.

Archived