[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lclarakl @UnniSarah

We have to look at the Korean culture in terms how they've always lived. If one family member does something wrong the whole family 

is responsible for that wrong. It's the same thing as when a member of a family stole or owes money the whole family is responsible to pay that debt. It may not make sense to us be it's their culture and it's how it's dealt with. 

SR has a controlling nature and does not realize she even does. She never forgave her sister for the affair with TP and placed the blame on him. SR has no idea the monster she created in NR and if she did it would force her to take a look at herself.  When the accident happen what does she do she placed the accident solely on TP.  The only people there were her the husband and JS who was asleep in the back seat. Did he wake up no one knows because he has never completed the dream. Was the man SR saw even TP. There is  a point where he wakes up. He did remember his father telling him he had to live but anything before that he has no knowledge of. If he did wake up and saw everything that happened he has blocked that part out because it's too painful to remember. His father died that night and his mother was the cause. JS does not want to remember that if he actually saw what transpired. SR herself admitted had she gotten into the car at that moment the accident would not have happen.   Also the man SR saw may not have been TP 

Then there's JS and ES who are her sons and JW who was once her brother in law. They all believe what she has told them because they have no reason to doubt her version. JS and ES are very filial sons  and it's why ES's first marriage fell apart. Him and his wife loved each other but SR's controlling influence cost him his wife. The relationship he had with GB is wrong and he knows it but GB is very pushy and  controlling like his mother. ES could never fight against his mother and it's the same way with GB. He ended up giving in to GB's advance and she got what she wanted. In my opinion these two should never be allowed to be together. 

JS is the complete opposite of his brother. and he knows his mother is controlling.  He has always worked around his mother and didn't let her control his life. The problem with JS and GY's marriage started from the beginning.  SR had her hand in their marriage from the start.  She only allowed them to marry if GY agreed to her demands  of not to registering their marriage nor have children for a whole year. Then there was JS's nightmares about the accident. They stopped when he fell in love with GY which was only a temporary fix. JS should have continued his treatment even though he was no longer having the nightmares. Something or someone would have triggered those nightmares again because the trauma he suffered was never resolved. Again SR had her hand in their marriage because of her version of what happen that night. JS and GY both were both hiding something from each other all due to SR's involvement. I don't fault JS for his reaction because it was only a nature instinct because of the trauma he's been suffering from for years. GY was only a temporary band aide and the trauma was still there. SR for the third time interfered in their marriage by asking GY to leave instead of asking her to help JS over come it. 

GY being a person who  has been controlled by her mother for years  and now SR's request for her to leave was a nature instinct for her.

Then she finds out from TP he was not her bio father and her bio mother does not want her was the icing on the cake. There was no one she could turn too for comfort so she bailed out. JS was not surprised nor was he mad by his mother's request of GY because he knows his mother. Instead of getting mad he took actions by starting his treatment again. It was Halmoni who gave SR her slap down when she told SR they needed to find GY. She missed her son but he would not want them to continue to live in the sorrows and grudges of the past.  

YS has her own demons to deal with and has to get she treated GY the way she did because she never really accepted GY as her child. She also placed the blame on GY for what TP did and made her the scapegoat for his actions. GY became her whipping post because she was not her child. All those years she took things out on GY and come to find out TP was not GY's bio father. She's getting some payback through GB who has now gone back to her old ways. Her wake up call is coming when she finds out GY left behind all the troubles that happen in the past.  

NR's slap down is coming when she returns and finds out there is no one waiting for her return. Her delusions  that she was all that were just what they are her delusions. JW and JS tried to tell her they would never accept her back but NR thought she fixed things.  When she returns she will get the same treatment she received before. NR does not get she cause all the heartache and pain people suffered. In the year that has pass they have left the past in the past and looking towards the future and she's not a part of their future. 

I hope TP didn't turn in the divorce papers and they are still married. They both still need to be stuck to each other for a bit in order to bring out the truth. SR needs to be slapped with the fact it was her sister not TP who was the cunning seducer. He was just a bumbling  greedy idiot who fell for her con game. TP also needs to be made to take responsibility for his part in things. He should never be able to be called father by GW. His greed is what caused GW to be sick and GY to be mistreated. It was his blind trust in NR and his greed that kept GY from being reunited with her bio mother. YS needs to be made to realize all she did to GY was because she was not her bio child. 

GY needed to leave both families because the blame of the past was place on her all because of TP and NR. She left YS's house and entered SR's house where the actions of TP and NR's became her fault. The ones mostly to blame for all that happen is TP and NR. SR and YS added onto things by making GY their scapegoat. Now that she's gone who do they blame. 

1 hour ago, awsparkle said:

His father died that night and his mother was the cause. JS does not want to remember that if he actually saw what transpired. SR herself admitted had she gotten into the car at that moment the accident would not have happen.   Also the man SR saw may not have been TP 

@awsparkle   Well said chingu , i don't think the man OSR saw that night was CTP. From the flashback we only saw the man from the back not the front. I wonder would an accident like JS and his father not make the news? If it did wouldn't it have somehow reached CTP's ear and he would have told his wife. Yeobo, I was in that area when the accident occur. But none of that happen.  I feel that if he didn't cause the accident to happen physically, intentionally and wasn't even award of it. There should be no blame at all. For there to be blamed all parties must be aware of accident.  

1 hour ago, awsparkle said:

All those years she took things out on GY and come to find out TP was not GY's bio father. She's getting some payback through GB who has now gone back to her old ways. Her wake up call is coming when she finds out GY left behind all the troubles that happen in the past.

@awsparkle.... YS has no idea that GY isn't CTP's daughter. She still has no idea.

NOw I have to say after watching  episode 118 , I was so mad  to see one year passed in that episode. It was like they all moved on and seemed very happy. ONLY person who looked horrible was GY in the preview. SHe looked so depressed.  ONR and CTP ruined GY's life . They made her life so unbearable and I had hoped that one year separation she would be happy. It doesn't look that way :bawling:

@UnniSarah

The two things Halmoni wanted was for them to let go of the past and to find GY. She knows GY was not responsible for what happen to her son. SR was made to feel guilty by JS and Halmoni and she knows what she did she should not have done.  There are more wake up calls coming her way that she will be made to take responsibility for. 

YS does not know that TP isn't GY's father but she will and it's going to be the ultimate slap down for her. She made GY sacrifice for her  two children.  The relationship between GB and ES is going to be found out and that's going to be one of the  slap downs coming  she deserves. . 

does the grandmother know that GY isn't the daughter of YS? (sorry I was really skipping a lot!)

Because if she does, can't she piece everything together that it is highly possible that GY is the daughter of the chairwoman?

Guest wdsayang

@lee-chanI think she doesn't know yet..i also doubt  she knows TP is GY's father. Because when HJN said wants to find TP, her reaction seems doesn't know GY  related with TP. Cmiiw.

1 hour ago, lee-chan said:

does the grandmother know that GY isn't the daughter of YS? (sorry I was really skipping a lot!)

Because if she does, can't she piece everything together that it is highly possible that GY is the daughter of the chairwoman?

The grandmother does not know YS is not GY's bio mother.  Halmoni has not put together yet that GY's father is the same TP that took HJA's baby away.  

Today's episode.....ahhhhhhh....  All I can say, without subs, is the last 4 minutes of the episode were interesting. Everyone already knew that YS wasn't the mother (that had been discussed in previous episodes), however, what everyone didn't know was that TP wasn't her father. At the end of the episode, TP bursts into SR's house (no locked doors?) and then angrily spills the beans.  Just as I thought in this drama, waiting for the subs to confirm, I don't even think TP denies being the cause of JS father's death. That's just how asinine this plot line is in this drama. Also, I don't think there is going to be any big reveal about JS being awake or asleep during the accident, or whether it was SR or TP. Facts doesn't matter in this drama--only foolishness.

YS running around trying to find out where GY is, after a year of not caring, just made me roll my eyes. I don't feel pity for this woman at all and was not impressed with her.  I also don't understand why JS family kept this a secret from YS--this is the woman who raised her but also mistreated her......give me a break. YS should be hanging her head in shame, she's a hypocrite for getting angry at them.

I'm not sure why Grandmother Jang didn't immediately think that GY was the chairwoman's daughter after hearing the big reveal.  Of course, we have NR and the chairwoman being all friends. Again, hate that the drama had to take this route in the last few episodes. Under a writer who didn't mind a challenge, this drama could have been really developed with reveals happening a long time ago. Also, the writer wouldn't have taken the easy road out and made it easy for JS and his family to accept GY back knowing she has no blood relations to TP.  Disappointing. 

I just hope, based on the last scene that GY doesn't get sick as I've feared all along.

Was happy at everyones reaction. I'm not too happy with the way it played out. HJN should have found out earlier and GY should have followed her to the US instead of having her hide somewhere in korea and coming back stronger.

22 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview Episode 120

My medical prognosis from watching k-drama all these years, is Go Ya going to suffer from osteosarcoma.....judging that she suffering weakness around her knee

Let's hope it only stays in that location and doesn't spread if that's what she has. The dream that GY's aunt had where she keeps calling GY, but she continues to turn away with a giant mansion behind hind her always made wonder if the following would happen:

1) She finds her wealthy family and leave them behind

2) She dies 

I also don't understand why the aunt was dressed in 18th/early 19th century clothing during the dream.

10 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I tell you.  These writers / Directors / PD's are infatuated with the actor ONR plays.  They try to incorporate the venom in all the episodes.  

I agree. I think I realized this when in a few episodes back, she was in most of the scenes because she's the only one that interacted with all the characters--a small world. However, the world is gigantic when it comes to other people finding out information, only NR knows everything. That's what is so disappointing.  I'm rewatching Dong Yi for the umpteenth time (I finally purchased it so I will always have it), I love how the writer balanced out the good with the evil. Yes, evil won sometime, but they always had a difficult and trying path--never easy which makes it a joy to rewatch, over and over again.

The big reveal from Choi Tae Pyung that Go Ya has no connection with the "incident" because she is not his daughter. All concern were shocked. What is even more shocking that Go Ya knew about it but she still left them.

Grandmother Jang recognised Tae Pyung as the Ha family driver. In the preview, it is obvious that Grandmother Jang berated Choi Tae Pyung where he had heard that Ha Jin Ah did not want to recognise Go Ya as her daughter. In fact, she has been looking for that daughter. Tae Pyung will finally realised that Oh Na Ra had deceived him on regards to Ha Jin Ah and Go Ya's matter.

I am glad with the big reveal meant Oh Na Ra cannot use the "card" that she is the daughter of the man who killed your father anymore. Why do I always get the feelings she is acting like the spurned "lover" than the Aunt. "I have returned" she came straight to see Ji Seok. At the same time, her return also meant Ji Seok located Go Ya as well.

Oh Na Ra will realised nothing has changed after that 1 year. So who is the winner this time now, Oh Na Ra?

Ha Jin Ah will be informed who is her long lost daughter and I hope she will dish out the right deserve to Oh Na Ra. Cannot wait to watch that. 

Go Ya is volunteering at an orphanage but no baby in sight.

16 hours ago, awsparkle said:

YS does not know that TP isn't GY's father but she will and it's going to be the ultimate slap down for her. She made GY sacrifice for her  two children.  The relationship between GB and ES is going to be found out and that's going to be one of the  slap downs coming  she deserves. . 

@awsparkle  Yes this will be the big slap down but it's going to be made easier for GB and Es to hook up once SR is slap with the truth that she's the one at fault not TP..  As if now in SR eyes nothing can change her mind that it was TP she saw.. She has to believe that instead of blaming herself..

2 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

Preview Episode 120

My medical prognosis from watching k-drama all these years, is Go Ya going to suffer from osteosarcoma.....judging that she suffering weakness around her knee

Well Hellooooo @gerrytan8063 How are you these days..

After being treated worst then a Hebrew Slave It wouldn't shock me that she's suffering from more then that..

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

Let's hope it only stays in that location and doesn't spread if that's what she has. The dream that GY's aunt had where she keeps calling GY, but she continues to turn away with a giant mansion behind hind her always made wonder if the following would happen:

1) She finds her wealthy family and leave them behind

2) She dies 

I also don't understand why the aunt was dressed in 18th/early 19th century clothing during the dream.

@lclarakl  This is exactly what she'll do she will give up her marriage for her family and also for GB I think YS will ask this of her being that she say she raised her and kept her out of and orphanage.. I think she would have been better off there.

I also found that weird being that she always wearing those leggings..

Guest wdsayang

The biggiest slap for all of them,  when TP tell them that GY knew she's not related by blood with TP but decided to leave them all. I really enjoy their shocked face. Finally, i can see their shame feeling for GY. It's little bit lift up my mood. And about TP, i think he will be forever being blame by JS's family. And i hate the writer cannot fixed her stupid ridiculous own mess. 

57 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

Ha Jin Ah will be informed who is her long lost daughter and I hope she will dish out the right deserve to Oh Na Ra. Cannot wait to watch that. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I doubt very much.  I don't think the chairwoman is smart enough or vicious enough to do that.  She will probably bring the relationships in focus and get away with it.  The writers don't know how to hand out the punishment.  Only know about spouting venom.  

Archived