[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

this is my first drama amongst all other dramas i've seen where the main female lead is being blamed so much for something she did not take part of. to top that everyone is slowly pushing her away. 

anyway on a lighter and happy note:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TP is very impressionable and listens to whatever ONR tells him.  He lacks the ability to think and reason on his own.  I think he was happy with his family until she came around.  She seduced him and that is why he left his family.  Prior to that he was a good husband and father to his children.  Flashbacks of him with GY being a good father and then seeing him with GW is proof that he is not a bad person.  GY loved her father and as we see now GW also loves TP, ( not knowing that he is his father.) The bad one is ONR.  She is the one that gave TP the picture and told him how to get HJN to quit looking for her daughter.  ONR cannot stand that GY has a wealthy mother and lied to TP in order to get him to tell HJN she was dead.  She is just evil.  I cannot wait to see her downfall.  

Seeing today's episode and the meeting between JS and ONR was another disappointment.  JS started out strong saying he would investigate and sue her for defamation, then as soon as she mentioned his father, he crumbled.  I really wanted him to stay strong.  I guess that just wouldn't work for the writers since they must be planning a breakup of JS and GY.  

3 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

I wander what it will take for Oh Na Ra to come to her senses. She is the reason Ji Seok is in a coma as a result of his "illness"?

Seems like it now JS trying his best to protect GY from his aunt.

How crappy of  a person do you have to be to use someone  illness against them like that?

i was thinking that 2 face ONR could not sink any lower after yesterday episode. how wrong i was. this woman will even hurt her own family./show no petty for them.

that scene of that 2 face ONR. doing all she can to make JS buy her lie/after it didnt work. she show her true self to JS. by bring those bad thing from his kid day to him.

do she think by hurting him. he will leave GY like she want? also i think her so call love for JS is fake. this woman dont know the word love. she only know how to hurt people.

GY stepsis/JS old bro are just shameless now. JS old bro is old already. why is he doing these kind of stuff? he should be the bigger person/let that spoiler brat go. why is he holding on to a brat who only know how to trick people.

8 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

TP is very impressionable and listens to whatever ONR tells him.  He lacks the ability to think and reason on his own.  I think he was happy with his family until she came around.  She seduced him and that is why he left his family.  Prior to that he was a good husband and father to his children.  Flashbacks of him with GY being a good father and then seeing him with GW is proof that he is not a bad person.  GY loved her father and as we see now GW also loves TP, ( not knowing that he is his father.) The bad one is ONR.  She is the one that gave TP the picture and told him how to get HJN to quit looking for her daughter.  ONR cannot stand that GY has a wealthy mother and lied to TP in order to get him to tell HJN she was dead.  She is just evil.  I cannot wait to see her downfall.

@Pam_Van Fossen, I agree with you that TP was seduced by ONR. We also saw in the beginning of the drama that TP was a womanizer. Everywhere he went, he was always flirting with women--on the practice golf course and in the hospital. It was part of that behavior that caught ONR's eye. The writer has also demonstrated this time and time again. As a matter of fact, ONR has been trying to manipulate everyone and also seduce her ex-huband, but it's not working. She's still married to TP because the divorce hasn't been finalized, but already trying to get back with the doctor. ONR has no conscience. 

I do think that TP was a man who was 'content' with his married life and as a father. I do think that he was an "ok" man as a husband and father, but I have a hard time using the words "good" when discussing him.  I think the only reason he probably stayed with his family as long as he did was because of the money he received from the Chairwoman's mother and the fact she said she would be observing GY from a distance.  TP has demonstrated too many selfish behaviors for me to see him as ever being a good man. He showed no concern for YS when he brought home "his" baby by another woman. Most women I think could accept an adopted child than a child where your husband had an affair. He kept all of that a secret from YS.  As for me, YS has never accepted GY as her child and when the opportunity presented itself, her true feelings rose to the surface.

Back to TP, no good husband or father would leave a pregnant wife with young children for another woman. Yes he "gave" her the house,  but it was a cruel man to put that heavy responsibility on a pregnant woman and the social scorn she could face. It says something about TP at his core that he could do that to his wife and later tried to sue GY and take the house. Even now, he has shown zero interest in his sick, dying child. Yet, he's (unrealistically) bonding with this little boy who is the same age as his own child; buying him toys, etc. while nothing for his own son.  Sorry, but the whole building a relationship between father and son is just forced to me. When knowing his own son was dying, he tried to use them to get money with no plans of really helping his son; but immediately showed interest in the sick little boy in the hospital.  

However, I can see what the writer is trying to do. TP and GW building a bond so that TP develops feelings for him and will be willing to give him one of his kidneys.  Otherwise, if he hadn't built a relationship with his own son, he wouldn't be willing to have the surgery.  Same with everyone finding out that GY's mother is the Chairwoman and not TP's child, will pave the road for them to accept her. Sorry, this all feels so wrong to me; it feels like cheating and built on shadow emotions that can easily change.

Against my better judgment, I watched todays episode. All I can say is it's just more dumping on GY--by the aunt this time. We knew by the preview that JS was probably going to have an accident. Again, more dumping to come on GY. It will be her fault, although we all know it was NR. I'm just ready for this girl to get a clue and move on. So frustrating with each episode.

ONR strikes again and everyone is blaming GY for it.   I couldn't believe it when the doctor said JS's problem was because he couldn't face GY.  Why are they all so stupid.  It is not GY's fault.  Maybe they will find out that TP is not her father soon but I think GY will have already left by then.  

Guest wdsayang

They really like to blame on her, i hope GY can speak up her feeling like she did before with her mom and then leave them. Because when she knows the reason, i think it's hard for her to stay. If JS choose to be with her, then he will go with her. 

After reading your comments, I FF most of the episode.  It was demoralizing to watch such a beautiful person being trampled repeatedly with no fault of hers.  I was perplexed to see that the chairwoman was so trusting with ONR after seeing the video and the reason she gave was preposterous as always.  I want to watch the day HJN realizes her daughter is not dead but it is GY and feel both happiness, pain, and anger towards the perpetrators.  

Why, why, why. Watching this episode with subs had me boiling with frustration:

1) Every time they say that GY's father caused JS' father to die makes me want to pull out my hair. That is the most stupid, illogical thing I've ever heard. I have no idea why the writer has everyone repeating this stupid line. 

2) SG on his knees begging his mother, a grown looking like a small boy makes him so appealing. That scene looked so dysfunctional to me. He looked like a 7 year old boy. 

3)  GY's aunt made me want to slap her. She's going to cut GY off because she didn't tell her that her son quit teaching; even calling her a wicked wench. However, this hypocrite didn't tell GY that she was adopted. Why is she blaming GY when it was her son--is she going to cut him off. GY truly needs to cut ties with the whole Choi family except GW.  What is so disappointing is she at least thinks GY is her blood relative. The writer is truly going overboard with all this hate. I have to wonder what the writer is going to have GY do so that we will feel she's completely justified in her actions. 

4) I can't wait for the Chairwoman to see how much NR has lied and tried to purposely keep her from her child. I would love 5 episodes to bask in that misery.

14 hours ago, lclarakl said:

However, I can see what the writer is trying to do. TP and GW building a bond so that TP develops feelings for him and will be willing to give him one of his kidneys.  Otherwise, if he hadn't built a relationship with his own son, he wouldn't be willing to have the surgery.  Same with everyone finding out that GY's mother is the Chairwoman and not TP's child, will pave the road for them to accept her. Sorry, this all feels so wrong to me; it feels like cheating and built on shadow emotions that can easily change.

clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifclap-cheetah-emoticon.gif@lclarakl This drama was very good at the beginning but now I find it hard to stomach GY being blamed when she should finally be pampered instead of being yelled at and treated like a paraih in her new family too. She deserves to be happy and loved.  I find it so messed up that the only way she will be accepted is when they find out GY isn't TP's daughter. THey can't do that, especially if they are going to let ES and GB be together.. It won't be fair that GB get's it easy meanwhile GY has to be the one who has to suffer . That is why I haven't seen the last 5 episodes. Been reading everyone POV as a way to keep me informed when GY and her bio mom embrace as family.  

Tae Ran is doing this because she knows GY isn't related to her at all. SHe only consider GW and GB as her blood relative. I am not shocked at all. TR is the mirrow image of TP and YS. They will use GY because she is kind and they know they can walk all over her. GY needs someone in her life who defend her even when she is wrong and to stop all these people from abusing her.. 

Guest wdsayang

@lee-chan thanks for the pic, they already finished filming. It seems  happy ending for all of them. Now 12 eps left, i wonder how they clean up this mess. Can we get the paybacks writer-nim? Or at least GY speak up and stand for herself?

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

3)  GY's aunt made me want to slap her. She's going to cut GY off because she didn't tell her that her son quit teaching; even calling her a wicked wench. However, this hypocrite didn't tell GY that she was adopted. Why is she blaming GY when it was her son--is she going to cut him off. GY truly needs to cut ties with the whole Choi family except GW.  What is so disappointing is she at least thinks GY is her blood relative. The writer is truly going overboard with all this hate. I have to wonder what the writer is going to have GY do so that we will feel she's completely justified in her actions. 

@lclarakl After all that's said and done GY leaving.. When all will be asking her to stay will justify her actions.. I'm looking forward to her walking out on them all and they will deserve it and once again OSR has ruined another one of her kids happiness..

just how much does this 2 face ONR have to hurt her own family member till she happy? bring JS kid day back is not enough. now he get hurt because of her. she knew fully well what JS will act like. that why she tell him/that she going to take care of GY by herself.

i still dont get how GY step aunt going blame GY for her son/not being a teacher anymore? i guess she think it easier to blame GY. then blame herself for not knowing that her son is not a teacher anymore. that whole family always blame GY when thing dont go right.

how is JS ma going blame GY/ without knowing the real reason why GY choke that 2 face ONR. this woman is all about herself. after she blame GY she just tell GY to go. this is the second time. she did this to GY.

JS old bro is so shameless. i would think since he old. he would be able to do the right thing. by breaking up with GY stepsis. but now he even hide the fact that their family hate for each other is very big.

that scene of him finding out that GY is not spoiler brat real sis/make him look sad. i guess now his chance of using JS/GY as a way to married that spoiler brat is out of the window.

knowing how shameless these two are. they might get married. without their family knowing.

i guess both 2 face ONR/greedy TP. take turn lying to GY real ma. first it was greed TP now it 2 face ONR. she was all smile when she with GY real ma. but once outside she show her true color by saying GY real ma will never find her daughter.

Archived