[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

What I find crazy about this silly plot line is ES has zero guilt about dating GB and she has zero guilt about dating her, despite knowing about his father's death, TP and NR relationship.  However, then you have JS and GY who feels so much guilt that it's down right ridiculous.  Makes no sense.

You are right.  Every child is different.  OSR does not know that ES is dating GB and its extent.  ES was not there in the car with his dad and may be even though he knows about it, he said after JS walked away from listening that this was all his aunt's fault and to stop with her charade and stuff.  Most of the things in K-drama does not make sense to me.  They are easily forgiven and hardly punished and when traumatizing someone - it goes beyond the norm and when some one has to be stupid - it is out of this world.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am amused that every time Oh Na Ra tried to cause mischief, it always fall flat on her face. The more she mess the whole thing, the more it will just bring Ha Jin Ah to Go Ya. Hence revealing Go Ya as the royal Princess.

I think the reasons why ES is not as effected by what NR did is because a. he is older, b. at the time NR ran away with TP ES was in the military and either was just discharged or about to be discharged when the accident happened (I remember a flashback of him coming home in his BDU's (Military Fatigues) right at the time word came about the accident I think and c. because NR raised JS like her own child when he was born due to SR having Postpartum depression.  So JS was her favorite and she saw him as her son and JS saw NR as a replacement mother. This is why I think ES is not holding any guilt because he also can see his aunt as she really is where JS had to find out that the woman he loved like a mom and was so close to was actually a snake and homewrecker. This should not excuse him from trying to help JS and his sister in law deal with NR to have her gone but I think he just feels a bit more removed from the situation. 

As for GB she was not the one who had to take on the Sins of TP and give up her dreams and money saved as well as taking on the role of provider, father, and mother. She is a selfish witch and in her mind even though NR is ES's aunt it does not effect her and she will go after what she wants as well instead of trying to help GY. 

With NR not aware that ES is seeing GB she is going to open up a huge can of worms. Everyone from her family has a tie with someone in GY's adopted family. The woman is on borrowed time and given that ES knows that NR set up for JS to hear about that accident she is going to get a slap down about what she did. 

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

I am amused that every time Oh Na Ra tried to cause mischief, it always fall flat on her face. The more she mess the whole thing, the more it will just bring Ha Jin Ah to Go Ya. Hence revealing Go Ya as the royal Princess.

This has been one of the things I enjoy. Whenever NR tries to cause mess or stir trouble things backfire on her. Now her sister has told her not to talk to JS about that accident and she goes and does it anyway. NR was away for ten years and has no idea what JS suffered due to the accident he was hurt in and he watched his father die in. She has no idea that he suffered nightmares for years until GY came along. Her goal is to get JS to blame GY and get rid of her. That is not going to happen. What she will end up doing is causing JS to fully remember what caused the circumstances of this accident and part of that blame lies with her for abandoning her family causing his mother to be upset and then going off because she saw them or thought she saw them. The whole need for the trip in the first place was because SR was not dealing well with what NR did and the fact that NR was willing to cut ties with her family. SR too has blame to shoulder because without her walking away from the car in search of who she thought she saw her son and husband would not have followed her ignoring the traffic that was coming ending in the death of her husband and her youngest son seriously hurt. 

Now she is playing in HJA's personal biz. NR may not fully know how close the HJA and GY are and even if she does see them together her actions are going to blow up in her face. Someone or something is going to tie NR to TP. Once HJA realizes who the woman was that caused so many issues in GY's family and tormented her she will realize that NR is up to no good. I don't think she will see the full picture until she learns that GY is not YS's daughter. Only then will she start to question things and investigate why GY feels so comfortable to her. 

Until then I want NR to do her best because once she is exposed with her ties to TP its over for her. 

1 hour ago, Jackie1048 said:

How many ever times ONR falls flat on her face, she still has not learnt anything.  Just a stupid, vengeful beech.  

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

You are right.  Every child is different.  OSR does not know that ES is dating GB and its extent.  ES was not there in the car with his dad and may be even though he knows about it, he said after JS walked away from listening that this was all his aunt's fault and to stop with her charade and stuff.  Most of the things in K-drama does not make sense to me.  They are easily forgiven and hardly punished and when traumatizing someone - it goes beyond the norm and when some one has to be stupid - it is out of this world.  

Well said @angelwingssf  Yes they are hardly punished for all the misery they caused to someone else.. I just don't get the writers way of thinking at the end all is forgiven.. Very few dramas they have shown that the evil are punished in the end..

OSR won't in flick this kind of behavior on GB one she's not the type to take it like GY.. GY has been the product of  mental and verbal abuse with low self esteem to were as GB always thought she was gods gift to man.. She knows ES well and what he would do to protect her.. ES won't allow his mom to dictate this relationship.. I say these two are taken lesson on what not to put up with from OSR and ONR..

7 hours ago, wunwing1 said:

i dont get how JS would be mad at GY. didnt GY tell him she not related to that family? if he going believe that 2 face ONR. he should be mad at that greed TP. why be mad at your wife who love you.

i hate how this writer make GY suffer again and again. even the one person who she thought is on her side have turn cold torward her. just because he believe what that 2 face ONR say.

@wunwing1  This is the set up for GY to walk away from that marriage.. GY mom will blame halmoni for the mistreating of GY and JS.. GY will walk away fir the good of everyone.. Once again she will sacrifice herself..

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

What I find crazy about this silly plot line is ES has zero guilt about dating GB and she has zero guilt about dating her, despite knowing about his father's death, TP and NR relationship.  However, then you have JS and GY who feels so much guilt that it's down right ridiculous.  Makes no sense.

@lclarkl, GB is just as selfish as ONR and OSR and GB could care less what his mom thinks shew already interfered in his first marriage and he won't allow her to intervene in this relationship.. Also he sees it as these two break up a better chance for him and GB and she thinks the same. Hope your right about the picture..

ES and GB may still end up together.. GY is not blood of that family. Once the tie to TP is cut then GY is free from everyone placing blame on her for what TP did. I look forward to this moment the most because TP has been a poor father to GY. HE has allowed her to shoulder the blame for the things he did and that is unfair. I wish HJA's mother was still alive because I am sure if she knew what TP did she never would have continued to let her granddaughter stay in that family. HJA needs to find out that her mother knew where the child went and watched over her before her death. 

It explains a lot about how TP can allow GY to be treated that way and did not show any emotion over learning what GY went through because of him. The fact that there is no blood tie to him. If he can ignore his own unborn child then you know he would never care about a child that he brought in for money. Even now he is no help to GY and continues to plot with NR to get money. Something has to get him to learn from everything he did. Will it be learning that NR was playing him as well using him so she could keep GY from finding her real mom. If nothing else TP should have just told HJA who the child was and that GY has said she does not want to meet her real mom. I think GY said that because YS is the only mom she has known but also because she may feel her bio mom gave her up or abandoned her and that is not the truth. 

What I am waiting on is for HJA to get a clue and dig deeper finding out about TP and NR. Once that happens and she learns that TP is not GY's father either then the birth secret is finally out. One thing I keep thinking is NR thinks HJA's past would cause a scandal but I think the one who will end up with a huge scandal is going to be NR. HJA had her child taken away by force. On some level I think her husband and 2nd daughter will handle the truth better than people will handle the news that NR is a homewrecker , who told the man's wife to abort her baby and stole the alimony and house money that was suppose to be used to save the child. That she continued to harass and torment that family 10 years later after they ran away. All those rich friends of hers will abandoned her in a min to learn her true character. 

my 2 cents: why blame GY for JS father's death? even  now that they're married these two ppl didn't hv anything to do with ONR/CTP i just find it absurd! let them be right? the blame is on TP/NR who are both wicked, the father is spineless and doesn't hv his own brain, the wicked witch is full of charades but nobody seems to care about her and as you guys said it falls flat on her face! she better just do the flower arrangement and leave GY/JS alone! we're just suffocated with her plus those two lovers ES/GB who are not really significant in this drama! :)

3 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

What I am waiting on is for HJA to get a clue and dig deeper finding out about TP and NR. Once that happens and she learns that TP is not GY's father either then the birth secret is finally out. One thing I keep thinking is NR thinks HJA's past would cause a scandal but I think the one who will end up with a huge scandal is going to be NR. HJA had her child taken away by force. On some level I think her husband and 2nd daughter will handle the truth better than people will handle the news that NR is a homewrecker , who told the man's wife to abort her baby and stole the alimony and house money that was suppose to be used to save the child. That she continued to harass and torment that family 10 years later after they ran away. All those rich friends of hers will abandoned her in a min to learn her true character. 

@Ldy Gmerm  In the end I think JS should file a law suit on ONR and TP giving them a dose of they own lesson.. I knew he could file a mental anguish suit.. Also the abandonment and support of his own family making him and ONR payback the money she has spent supporting his real family..

15 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

my 2 cents: why blame GY for JS father's death? even  now that they're married these two ppl didn't hv anything to do with ONR/CTP i just find it absurd! let them be right? the blame is on TP/NR who are both wicked, the father is spineless and doesn't hv his own brain, the wicked witch is full of charades but nobody seems to care about her and as you guys said it falls flat on her face! she better just do the flower arrangement and leave GY/JS alone! we're just suffocated with her plus those two lovers ES/GB who are not really significant in this drama! :)

The blame of JS dads death really don't fall on TP and ONR.. @hibiscus23 It's all OSR doing all she was worried about how ONR doing would reflect on her.. I sometimes wonder is ES really her child since everything is all about JS for her and ONR  they make it seems he's the key to them living lavishly.. When  all the shame falls on there behavior not who JS is married to.. Let's try and  hide the truth for both women.. God forbid if society elites finds out where would we hide our faces..  So let's get the  divorced so nobody knows about us..

Are there any subs out today?  The one I usually check does not have it yet.  Already pretty late in the day!!

I would think OSR is not blaming GY, but she feels uncomfortable knowing that GY is TP daughter since she believes that TP is the cause of her husband's death.  I wish the writer would knock some sense into her as to how since it was the fault of the husband and herself because of whom the accident happened.  

ES could be disconnected with the issue with his father and OSR - is there another birth secret of ES not being his father's son? by any chance since OSR was pregnant before she got married to JS dad.  If that is the case we can explain his insensitivity with his father death.  Similarly CTP does not feel anything for GY since he is not related to her in any way.  If we see, HJN has more feelings towards GY even when both don't know that they are related.  

I think HJN family will deal with the additional member more graciously than ONR's so called friends.  The minute ONR 's home wrecking information is out, they will shun her like anything and he so called false snobbish floor that she is standing on will open and she will fall into the pit.  But HJN telling the world that she was once an irresponsible young lady and had her child taken away and have repented for losing her child and all the events that led to finding her daughter will be applauded by the public and her company instead of shunning her.  That too with such an intelligent caring kind human being as GY.

3 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@angelwingssf.... Hello chingu, If you don’t mind my using the word Beech from now on to express my displeasure of Oh Na Ra. She truly is a vengeful beech. I am starting to wonder WHY IS SHE SO BAD? WHAT MADE HER THIS SO DELUSIONAL?   :D:D:heart:

You are welcome to use it to your heart's content.  When I was traveling in Italy 2 decades ago, we were going to see the beaches in the southern part of Italy.  The lady who was guiding us through the various places of interest said " you can find a lot of bi**ches on this part of the shore".  I was talking to my spouse and it was her pronunciation and from then on I have been using the beech for people like ONR.  

I think she lost a child and that probably affected her.  Instead of getting depressed, she must have turned 180 degrees and must have become a vengeful beech.  But post partum depression goes away after a couple of months / years -  so, this must be her real self.  Selfish and narcissist till the end.  I hope her fall is low enough, that even an ant would be ashamed to climb up the pit.  I want these k-drama writer not provide me a Kumbaya ending.  I want to see blood and pain for these beeches from hell.  

@lclarakl.. agreed if anyone going feel bad it should be JS old bro/GY stepsis. yet the man dont feel bad for dating her at all even after knowing the truth from that 2 face ONR.

i still think that 2 face ONR is as much to blame as GY steppa. she the one who start all of this after all. yet she only put the blame on other/not herself.

good to see JS didnt fall for that face ONR trick. this woman will go through any length to try to ruin GY/JS marriage. even if it mean hurting her own family member.

Sadly, this drama is beginning to get on my last nerve. I can't believe the Korean people are as illogical as the writer is depicting in this drama. It's not that the writer has one person with putting this foolish false blame for the death of JS father on TP, the writer has many people with this crazy, illogical blaming of another person for someone's else action. If the writer wants to use this illogical way reasoning, then blame JS mother for trying to tell her grown married sister how to live her life; for the mother who is trying to follow a man who her sister left her husband for--blame JS mother if you're going to blame someone. She's the one who her husband was following when he got in an accident.

JS - really disappointed me in this episode. When he snatched his father's picture form GY, the writer went overboard because it shows he now has some negative feelings around GY. To try and make it better by GY not being the daughter of TP, really doesn't change the fact that JS is so illogical in his reasoning as a lawyer; he's can't really see GY because of who her "father" is....disappointing.

JS' mother - another disappointment. When GY was looking at the picture of her husband, JS' mother only saw TP and snatched the picture away cutting GY's finger. Extremely illogical and frustrating to watch this silliness.

GY's "adoptive mother" -- I don't know what she said at the end of the episode, but it seemed to shock GY and didn't leave me with a good feeling. This woman is also illogical.

ES and GB - I can't stand seeing the two of them on camera. What makes them think that either mother would soften to a relationship between them. They could give a flip about blaming TP for ES father's death, their primary fault is that they only care about what they want and so insensitive to others.  GB has not even given a second thought to what her sister is going through, only what she wants---what a horrible, selfish, fake person.

NR - This woman is just plain crazy IMO. If the Chairwoman's assistant is worth his salt, he should be able to quickly find out that NR plotted the whole scene. Just the fact it was recorded where no cameras are should prove it.

TP - Full of fake righteousness. He who abandoned his pregnant wife and two young daughters for a married woman has the nerve to try and judge the Chairwoman!!??!!  Hypocrite.

The Chairwoman - needs to fire her assistant. This man is bringing her piecemeal information about TP and his family.  If he's worth his salt, he would have quickly learned that TP was married, left his wife and remarried. He would have also easily found out the name of his current wife.  Not sure why she's listening to these people when she has money to hire an investigator to find her daughter.

Lastly, GY. Yes, GY is getting on my nerves too. I don't know why she constantly runs to NR when she calls. She's been mistreated for over 10 years and now she's getting it from her husband. Sorry, when is she going to say enough is enough and stop caring about other people and start caring for herself. I would love for her to leave, just disappear out of the lives of this group of dysfunctional people.  I can understand how leaving her brother will hurt, but she needs to take care of herself.  Her continuing to be this pitiful creature is beginning to lose some of my sympathy.

Three is not many episodes left. It seems like the writer is going to use GY being the Chairwoman's daughter as the cure all--it's not. The problem is this is a group of people who are blaming others for the actions of another and not based on their own merit.

Guest wdsayang

It's bitter to see GY treated unfairly by them. The most painful to see was when she had no clue about JS's reactions and then his mother being angry when she held her FIL's pic. At the office she was being slandered by ONR, her adoptive mother wants to cut their tie, and now her bio mother thinks she has died because of the information provided by TP. I cried for GY, i want her to leave them all now. It would be painful when she found out why JS and her mother wouldn't let her to touch his father's pic. I really didn't understand with the way JS thinking, how could he justify TP was the caused of his father died? where is his logic? what about the truck driver (usually the way people think in this case), I didn't hear he blame on him in this case. I am angry with JS today, really disappointing.

@lclarakl agree with you about GY. She should ignore ONR's call or message. I wanna slap her to make her wake up.

Guest wdsayang

tomorrow's preview seems more disappointing. When the paybacks come? i'm sicked with all of this, not interesting anymore. I want GY to be smart and strong, not stupid and weak. Please writer-nim, make her smart and strong again, don't disappoint us.

Shaking my head at GY continuing to suffer for the sins of TP and NR. Now JS is on the band wagon because of the accident? 

The birth secret is not out yet? Come on they need to get it together. If JS now feels that way then GY needs to go. No one seems to want her. When will she start thinking of her own piece of mind? In the end those that did bad things to her will realise how they were all tricked or had the blame shifted to hurt her.

JS needs to remember that night the accident happened fully and see this was not GY's fault but when he does GY has already left him making him realize how her betrayed his promise to GY.

Guest wdsayang

I want to see GY's rebellation if she knows their ridiculous reason behind all of this drama. All of them need to feel GY's pain.

I got nothing to add after watching today's ep. I practically FF the entire ep. GY should seriously walk away from both families and live her life without pain, stress and heartbreak. JS, as a lawyer, should realize that it's not GY's fault for his dad's death. Part of the blame belongs to his mom for aimlessly trying to chase after TP. Because of that, his dad (who didn't know what was going on) went chasing after him leading to the car accident. Does he not blame his mom (his grandmother did), the other driver, his aunt for the affair that lead to this? Once GY finds out, she probably will leave. JS broke his promise to her GY to stay strong together to overcome whatever obstacle they may encounter and protect her.

There's about 2 weeks left of eps, and the stupid writer is just given us these stupid nonsense fillers. Start the ball rolling with ONR's downfall would ya!!! We still have the birth secret of GY to reveal as well. Watch everything get rush the last few eps. Ugh...

I'm not surprised with the events happening now. We're dealing with a MBC drama that loves to push the angst almost to the very end. I can't watch the continued beat down of GY especially coming from JS. With 14 eps  left  there's  too much  more heartbreaking damage that can happen. 

Archived