[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

Happy New Year everyone ..... :heart::heart:

Now I finally saw episode 25 and Wow Wow Wow the action of Ji Seok’s aunt reaction of her hubby ever facing Ji Seok makes me realize there is a BIRTH SECRET HERE.... Ji Seok has the same allergie as hi aunt (Oh Na -Ra). I think Oh Na-Ra took care of the baby because Ji Seok is her child. I don’t think Ji Seok knows that she is his mom. Let’s think about it even though she took care of him , he still loves her more than the woman he called Mom. 

That could be one reason why they will let her sister end up with Ji Seok’s older brother. The way she for are him to see Ji Seok. Wow ... she is acting like an over protective mom not aunt. 

In in my opinion I think k Oh Na Ra hasn’t been happy in a long time. She had an affair just to get away from her sister . It is her pride and her viciousness that is stopping her from admitting she made a mistake.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Happy New Year everyone ..... :heart::heart:

Now I finally saw episode 25 and Wow Wow Wow the action of Ji Seok’s aunt reaction of her hubby ever facing Ji Seok makes me realize there is a BIRTH SECRET HERE.... Ji Seok has the same allergie as hi aunt (Oh Na -Ra). I think Oh Na-Ra took care of the baby because Ji Seok is her child. I don’t think Ji Seok knows that she is his mom. Let’s think about it even though she took care of him , he still loves her more than the woman he called Mom. 

That could be one reason why they will let her sister end up with Ji Seok’s older brother. The way she for are him to see Ji Seok. Wow ... she is acting like an over protective mom not aunt. 

In in my opinion I think k Oh Na Ra hasn’t been happy in a long time. She had an affair just to get away from her sister . It is her pride and her viciousness that is stopping her from admitting she made a mistake.

This is a thought that crossed my mind as well.  If it is true then how did they do it. Could her sister have pretended to be pregnant in order to raise NR's child to protect her reputation. OR did her sister loose her baby and in the post postpartum they switched the children letting her sister think JS was really her child?

It would be interesting if NR really is his mom though. I feel like both JS and GY will end up learning some truths about their families. It would be kind of odd for him to have the same type of allergy but then again it could have just skipped a generation. Something is definitely going on other than NR not wanting her Nephew to learn of what she really did to be with that man. GY has some things going on as well if we go by what her Aunt has said and the way her mother acts. I see her either as a step child to this woman or she is not related at all to either of them and she was taken in. Given her response I still want to go with step child but I guess we will see how things shake out outside of NR being his aunt and the man being GY's dad.

Guest wdsayang

Hello everyone! i'm new here. Have you guys been watching tonight's episode? So touching n i think this is the best eps so far, i really feel sorry for Go Ya, she didn't passed the interview coz her education background. I watch it without sub on youtube so i don't really understand what exactly they said. I saw the preview for tomorrow seems really interesting, can't wait for tomorrow. Happy new year everyone!

The call she got before she went in was a pep talk call I believe from JS. He was encouraging her and wishing her good luck.

GY goes in for the third round. It is mentioned about her not going to college and basically one of the panel seemed to be a bit dismissive and rude to GY because of that in front of the other panel members and applicants. GY is told to leave and she gets up and leaves the room dejected and as she is walking out we see others walk by talking (perhaps about her or just to one another for something different) and GY is sad and has tears in her eyes.

GY goes home and meets GB outside with the wine to celebrate and of course she feels even worse not having made it. Then she goes into the house and is startled by the party for her end of the episode.

Preview shows that she told the truth and the party broke up on a bad note as she is out in the living room sitting down upset and her awful mom is in her room with the aunt and again says something foul about GY that she can obviously hear as the Aunt tries to cover her mouth. I wonder if GY was angry and hurt enough to tell her mom off about being the reason she was not accepted due to lack of further education because she had to stop going or going to college to put ungrateful GB through?

I think its time for GY to remind her mom that no one would hire her without a college education which she stole to try and give to GB who does not even use it. It burns me up time and time again when she puts down GY and then has the nerve to say GY embarrasses her to her neighbors and friends when she is the reason GY can't get a full time JOB!

GY also sees JS in the preview as she may have called him out after the party crashed because we see her waiting at a bus stop as he walks up.  They are at a coffee shop and she says something to him that surprises him. Not sure what it was and then later we see him ruffling his hair in his bedroom so maybe she said thanks for the support but she failed and that's it walking away which upsets JS since he likes her and does not realize yet.

On to more unpleasant characters..

GY's father is a lay about and pipe dream chaser. I honestly can't see what either woman saw in this man. HE looses money for others in some quick rich scheme and runs and hides and the people are unable to get their money back. Then he dares to go to NR's sister to try to get money as if she would ever be so foolish and dares to say its been 10 years she should let go of her anger of him and dares to call her Sister in law? LMAO..

Next NR confronts him about going to her sister for money to so call invest (this man no more invest then uses that..) and calls him out when he dares to even mention meeting JS to get money from him. JUST Wow. He even has the nerve to ask why can't he meet him as he is her nephew and should want to give money to invest for her (this is for him not NR.) and of course NR is not happy warning him to stay away from JS. This woman does not want anyone to see the type of man she took up with (and I believe she knows it was a huge mistake but its too late now after all she did to get and keep him to let go..) and admit her mistake and let him go. (I see this is divined punishment for her after what she did and said to GY and her family.. so I hope this man continues to be a huge ball and chain around her neck.). NR again warns him off from trying to meet JS to seek money for investing and lets him know that GY has been trying to find him as well.

He then wonders why and we see a flash back of GY meeting him 10 years ago when he was first with NR and his words to her and NR coming up to take him away. This man no more needs to be her dad then the milk man! He will be the cause of NR being partly exposed I have no doubt. He is totally consumed with trying to get money or some other stupid thing and will not heed what NR told him.

The preview shows him with coffee and pastries maybe showing up at JS's building just as GY is coming out and she sees him. NR told him to stay away from JS and I knew the man would not listen.

I am not sure if NR's insistence to the man to stay away from JS is fear of JS learning the truth of what she did 10 years ago, or how she is living now and the character of this man or if her not wanting JS to learn the truth and be disappointed because she values his opinion like a son or he really is her son by blood. Any way you shake it out NR is going to hit the roof if she learns this man has gone to see JS to asks for money. I am hopping that JS rebuffs him yet again as he does not see this man as uncle or family and has said before he only has one uncle and that is the dr. to NR.

heartbreaking episode for GY. 

in the preview voice over I think GY was telling JS that she going to give up her dream and thanking JS support that she's never going to forget.

JS in home is thinking why GY is giving up and if he's not going to ever see her again.

i could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, joccu said:

heartbreaking episode for GY. 

in the preview voice over I think GY was telling JS that she going to give up her dream and thanking JS support that she's never going to forget.

JS in home is thinking why GY is giving up and if he's not going to ever see her again.

i could be wrong. 

I believe you are correct. I think this has made GY feel like trying to go for her dream was not worth it and it was her last chance.  JS of course wondering why she would give up when its clear its something she loves to do and is very passionate for? Of course he has no idea what she has to deal with on the back end with her ungrateful mom and sister so he would be confused and bothered by her announcement of giving up her dream.

GY has lost her self confidence after the way she was treated over her lack of college education. It is going to take JS's Halmoni to help her realize she still can follow her dream even if she has not gone to college I think. I am sure as her  part timer she will asks GY what happen with the 3rd round and GY will tell her and the woman can clearly see that GY is talented and just needs a chance after having to give up school to take care of her family and working hard.

The woman will not want GY's talent to be wasted or for her to continue to have that low self confidence because she failed due to lack for further education. If GY is taken on as an intern or apprentice it does not matter what that company said. It would also be good for her to later make those on that panel surprised if they run across her again. They tossed away a promising applicant all because she did not go to college.

Spoiler

In last friday's episode I saw GY more like JS's halmoni. They have the same idea's and I think temperament. For me it shows that JS will end up marrying GY who is just like his Halmoni.

JS will seek out GY again he will not be able to help himself with worry over how she is doing.

Guest wdsayang

I think Go Ya will be able to work in that company with Halmoni's help, because I saw the picture of Go Ya wearing a suit. I really hope Go Ya can work in the company so she won't be underestimated by others. 

1 hour ago, joccu said:

hrtbreaking episode for GY. 

i could be wrong. 

Yeah i believe u correct the translation.

7 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I am not sure if NR's insistence to the man to stay away from JS is fear of JS learning the truth of what she did 10 years ago, or how she is living now and the character of this man or if her not wanting JS to learn the truth and be disappointed because she values his opinion like a son or he really is her son by blood. Any way you shake it out NR is going to hit the roof if she learns this man has gone to see JS to asks for money. I am hopping that JS rebuffs him yet again as he does not see this man as uncle or family and has said before he only has one uncle and that is the dr. to NR.

She fears both reasons chingu @Ldy Gmerm.. Remember JS told her she broke up a family ( meaning his family) not the one she was cruel too.. NR actually believes her trying to find happiness on her own accord is best for her. Now lets look at where her decisions have led her. Nowhere and embarrassment,  she chose an older man who couldnt properly take care of her. I don't think her life overseeas was great. I think she was the money maker. I think her husband has bee conning people all over the place and had to finally stop. I also think they were living with her money until the money ran out. THis man doesn't look like a man who was able to support her lavishly. I didn't know that NR and GY's father age difference was that big. 

So after looking at subs its confirmed that GY was taken in by her mother. In the preview she says to the aunt she never should have taken GY in and GY can hear this in the other room. The aunt tries to shush her but its too late. We also hear perhaps GW or GB asking if GY is not their sister.

GY goes to JS and indeed thanks him for his support and tells him she will be giving up her dream. JS later is worried about why she was so cold and said she was giving up and if she was not going to see him again.

GY's dad is going to disregard what NR told him and go see JS just like I thought with the voice over saying JS can give him money for his new magic rock crazy scheme. Of course GY ends up seeing him outside the building as she is leaving from delivering something prolly. (Of course they may be trolling us and it she may not see him at all. )

Guest wdsayang

Glad GY speak up about her feelings, but unfortunately her mother didn't understand her.It's very painful. But what made me love GY is despite being angry and disappointed with her mother,  she always apologized first to her mother, she must do that because she is her mother, who had raised her till now, she must remain devote to her parents no matter what. And 2nd, she didn't drag on with her sadness or failure, this is what make her strong enough as a char.I love it. And talking about JS, he's funny and cute whenever he thinks about GY.Always interesting if there is a scene of him and GY or when he thinks about GY.Btw in today's preview JS will know if GY knows ONR.And looks like he confront ONR about what she has done to GY.cmiiw.

The preview does indeed show JS outside of GY's work and near enough to hear her call NR by name and let her have it. It seems later in the preview JS goes to meet NR and confronts her by what he has heard perhaps.

I am glad he knows first. It is now up to him if he decides to continue to be friends with GY and let his heart lead him. This takes away NR's claims later that GY knew who JS was and tried to get close to him intentionally.

It will be interesting to hear what JS has to say to NR now that he knows that GY somehow knows her and could figure out that he is the man's daughter.

So It seems in the preview GY sees her father.. (hopefully we are not trolled.) I hope she does and lets him have it. He has nothing of value but a kidney.. I can't stand his character.

Sorry for the double post..

So after watching with subs.. GY did let her mother know why it was she did not get the job after the woman dared to call her useless and put her down for not making it. GY was able to get a lot of stuff off her chest and all I could do was feel sorry to her for the way that woman treated her. It makes her angry that GY calls her out for what she has done for them all for ten years yet this woman makes it seem like GY has done nothing at all to take care of them. GY stood up and became the head of that family for ten years and this woman dares to say she is working and GB too. As GY told them she just paid off GB's student loan and GB just started working. GB gets to stay out late but GY is fussed at. The mom is working and so is GB but neither of them are giving money to GY to either pay back or just because as a thanks for her stepping up for ten years. The woman makes me so angry and they have to hustle her out with her hateful words.

GY leaves the house upset and tells the cousin she wants to get air look after GW and GB. (Come on GB is too old to have anyone looking after her ungrateful self!) What made me sit up is what the mom said as the aunt was scolding her for her ugly words to GY who has endured and held it in. The woman says blood is thicker and I never should have taken her in prompting the Aunt to put her hand over her mouth.. So does that mean she is the fathers child she took in or was it perhaps the Aunts first child?

GY happens to watch a tender moment between a woman and her father who came to meet her at the bus stop. JS who was trying to reach GY notices her and calls out to her wanting to know what she was looking at. As they go to the cafe he asked again what did she see at the bust stop and she tells him she was just wishing she had a father and he inquires if he died and GY says no he abandoned them when her mother was pregnant which caused the health issues for her little brother and that today she just seemed to want comfort and JS tries to offer her some.

Going to skip the middle..

At the end NR is at a bar going on about GY daring to threaten her. We see GY telling her she wants to see her father and calling out her name ONR which JS does hear. So it does not take him long to realize who was the woman that wrecked GY's family as he meets NR at the bar (prolly calling to asks where she was after he notices GY hang up with her.) and it seems NR wants to give excuses but we see JS telling her she never should have shown up in front of them (with that man in tow, I bet) and that he hates home wreckers! There is no doubt that NR will assume GY told and she is the reason JS knows but she has no idea she met her nephew. I wonder if NR will end up saying his name and GY will realize she has been hanging with NR's nephew the entire time?

I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode..

Guest wdsayang

@Ldy Gmermthank you for the highlight. Now i'm more curious about the next eps. What will be ONR do after JS hated her and think it's all because of GY. How do GY react to JS if she knows JS is ONR's nephew and does JS still dare to approach GY? i can't wait.  

I'm glad this drama is getting more and more liked, ratings and share are increasing. I hope this continues, and more and more people are joining here for discussion.

@Ldy Gmerm

After the last ep  GY might not know she's not YS's bio child. GY finally let go of the hurt she's felt inside What does YS do she turns it around and makes about herself and throws her guilty conscience into GY's lap.   In YS's selfish twisted mind someone had to pay for that man leaving her and her children. Someone had to pay and GY was elected since she's not her bio child and the father also left her behind.. She took GY in raised and fed her and gave her a home.  YS is a mean nasty mean spirited bitter woman who  enslaved GY. She made GY pay for what she provided for her by making GY put her children needs first. She uses her breakdown as a weapon on all of them to get them to back off. 

I think GY is the ex husbands child and that's what she meant when she said blood is thicker then water.  When the aunt was trying to make her understand how  GY feels YS again made it about herself and what she is going though.  She's bitter and blinded by hate and doesn't get GY doesn't tell her anything because of the way she treats her. YS is so wrapped up in her own self pity she doesn't realize she put pushed GY away. GY doesn't understand why YS changed after the father left and started treated her so badly. When she does find out she's going to be really pissed. 

GB is in for a big shock to her ego. She thinks her beauty and charm will turn any man her way. It's going to drive her crazy that she can't get her hooks into ES. Then there's  GW who is going to do everything he can to stop his sister. 

Hopefully they are not trolling us with the preview and JS does find out it was NR who ran off with her father.  Karma has been waiting a long time to come up and slap down  NR, TP, SR, and YS. The pain and suffering to GY and to JS was caused by those 4. Ten years has gone by and it's time for them to start paying the piper. 

MBC Global release the synopsis and character description in English 

After Go-ya’s dad had an affair ten years ago, she had to put college on hold and start earning money to support her mom and siblings. While her life was in the dumps, she met Min Ji-seok, who treated her special and it was the first time a boy had ever made her feel that way. They fell deeply in love. But Ji-seok’s aunt turns out to the very woman that Go-ya’s dad had an affair with. So Go-ya has to choose between Ji-seok or her mom and she and Ji-seok eventually decides to lie in order to have it both ways. “Enemies from the Past” is a story of two families that are entangled in secrets and a bad karmic connection but finally find reconciliation later on through the power of forgiveness.

Choi Go-ya – Starring Choi Yoon-young
Carries strong responsibilities for her mom and siblings 
After her dad had an affair ten years ago, she had to put college on hold. She worked to support her mom and siblings and took the responsibility as a provider with strong determination. Thanks to her motivation to provide for her family, she honed her skills in sales and became a skilled saleswoman. When she encounters underprivileged people who are down on their luck, she will give them whatever money she has on her but it is a different story when she meets bad people because she will go toe to toe with them.

Min Ji-seok – Starring Gu Won
Handsome divorce attorney with highest success rate in his profession. 
He is not a believer in the institution of marriage and chooses to date different women and remain single. But he falls for Choi Go-ya and thinks she’s wife material. At first, he had the wrong impression of her by thinking she was a home-wrecker. But after getting to know her a bit more, he found that she was a special individual. However, he had no idea that her dad was seeing his aunt. Despite the obstacles they faced as a couple wanting to get married, he stays with Choi Go-ya through it all to make her his wife.

Choi Go-bong – Starring Koh Na-yeon
Choi Go-ya’s younger sister, Personal fitness trainer. Alias: Choi Mi-mi
Although she never got good grades in school, she possesses a fit physique that people envy. She has an impulsive streak and is thoughtless at times. In other words, she is constantly getting in trouble. She is not good at math or the language arts but she is a good drinker, dancer and karaoke singer. She relishes taunting her sister. In her rebellious teenage years, her issues with her dad for whom she blamed for the breakup of the family led her to date a string of boys in short-term relationships.

Min Eun-seok – Starring Ahn Jae-mo
Min Ji-seok’s brother, an Elementary school teacher 
He has a big, warm heart and does not dwell on petty matter. Because he is a serious guy who approaches everything cautiously it would seem that he hardly made any mistakes in life but his divorce with his high school sweetheart poisoned his views on relationships and keeps him guarded around woman. While he exudes warmth outwardly, he will pursue something single-mindedly once he puts his mind to it. He has a quirky personality that he does not reveal to most people. After hearing about his ex-wife’s remarriage and meeting Choi Go-bong, he lets down his guard around women.

Archived