[Drama 2017-2018] Enemies from the Past, 전생에 웬수들

0ly40

6 minutes ago, noomma said:

Hi.

i was watching this on and off and I think I missed something... ONR - what did she do to her sister’s husband? I vaguely remembered her sister yelling at her but not really getting the reason. I was waiting for the subs but I think I missed it.  And does anyone know what episode it was? Thanks.

@noomma   Truthfully ONR and CTP isn't at fault for her husband's death. Oh Sa Ra was so distraught over her sister leaving that she put herself and husband in danger. JS , his father and OSR went a way together to cheer her up. On the way back home OSR was walking towards her husbands car but caught a glimpse of CTP and tried  to follow him. OSR's husband saw her walking towards something and tried to catch up with her because she wasn't paying attention. WHile he tried to stop her JS and her hubsand got into an accident. Once the accident happen she turned around and saw the accident that killed her husband and JS ended up in the ICU. Instead of admitting she was at fault she put all the blame on ONR and CTP. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really wonder if the person who sent that letter to GY real ma is ONR/not GY step pa. he did act like he dont know anything about the letter.

knowing that two face ONR she more then capable of doing it. there so many evil stuff that she have done to people.

i guess the writer is going tease us that GY/her real ma will findout aout each other in the next episode.

how i hope they not just tease us. i want this GY/her real ma to be over. so i can see just how far GY real ma will go to help GY.

Okay, I'm making progress--on ep 53. This is really a good drama and it's keeping my attention. There are moments with GB and her mother shows love towards GY.  However, then like the flip of a coin, they treat GY so disrespectful and demeaning at times. Her mother still looks down on GY and is constantly telling her that she's not good enough; part of it is she doesn't want GY to leave, but can't she be happy for her and treat her kindly? No wonder at this point, ep 53, GY doesn't think she's good enough for JS.  I'm okay with GY's mother and the doctor getting together, but the mother really gets on my nerves with her treatment of GY.  In regards to GB and JS' brother, I just don't think GB is worthy of him at this point; he's manipulative, selfish and uses people. I'm waiting for her to develop......a lot.

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@noomma   Truthfully ONR and CTP isn't at fault for her husband's death. Oh Sa Ra was so distraught over her sister leaving that she put herself and husband in danger. JS , his father and OSR went a way together to cheer her up. On the way back home OSR was walking towards her husbands car but caught a glimpse of CTP and tried  to follow him. OSR's husband saw her walking towards something and tried to catch up with her because she wasn't paying attention. WHile he tried to stop her JS and her hubsand got into an accident. Once the accident happen she turned around and saw the accident that killed her husband and JS ended up in the ICU. Instead of admitting she was at fault she put all the blame on ONR and CTP. 

@UnniSarah  Of course she will never see it as being her fault..  Her actions alone dictates she was controlling her sister life.. Her husbands death she will not blame herself for it, All will fall on everybody else but her.. She hates when Halmoni was calling her out on it because she knew she was right when Halmoni said it was her fault. Have you ever took a look at her OSR face when Halmoni said that and in her mind she thinks to have her kids own it all is her payback to Halmoni for rejecting her from the beginning.. I'm kind of disappointed in this drama for not having Halmoni to call her out on her action especially since she wasn't Halmoni choice of a DIL.. I can bet you ten to one she will reject GY again when she finds out GY isn't related to TP or that family calling her and orphan like herself but she'll hate the fact that GY wasn't raised in and orphanage like she and ONR.. 

8 hours ago, wunwing1 said:

i really wonder if the person who sent that letter to GY real ma is ONR/not GY step pa. he did act like he dont know anything about the letter.

knowing that two face ONR she more then capable of doing it. there so many evil stuff that she have done to people.

i guess the writer is going tease us that GY/her real ma will findout aout each other in the next episode.

how i hope they not just tease us. i want this GY/her real ma to be over. so i can see just how far GY real ma will go to help GY.

@wunwing1  I don;t think it's either.. The one person that's more capable of sending her those letters are someone very close to her and my guess is her right hand man..  ONR hide herself when she first saw her because she wants people to see her as some wealthy persons which she's not.. OSR don't know who this lady is but she'll find out soon enough and with this information she will hurt GY with it..

4 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Okay, I'm making progress--on ep 53. This is really a good drama and it's keeping my attention. There are moments with GB and her mother shows love towards GY.  However, then like the flip of a coin, they treat GY so disrespectful and demeaning at times. Her mother still looks down on GY and is constantly telling her that she's not good enough; part of it is she doesn't want GY to leave, but can't she be happy for her and treat her kindly? No wonder at this point, ep 53, GY doesn't think she's good enough for JS.  I'm okay with GY's mother and the doctor getting together, but the mother really gets on my nerves with her treatment of GY.  In regards to GB and JS' brother, I just don't think GB is worthy of him at this point; he's manipulative, selfish and uses people. I'm waiting for her to develop......a lot.

@lclarakl  Mother knows if GY leaves they would be up a creek without a paddle.. GY has been the backbone of that family because mother and so called sister or nephew aren't capable to do anything.. 

I really enjoyed episode 98. We found out who the Blackmailer was. So glad that this mystery was solve quiet quickly. I really enjoyed this drama and All kinds of daughters in law because the pace of drama was pretty good. Even the story arc didn't drag like most kdrama's do. 

In episode 98 , I was so proud of her and loved the way she turned the table on Oh Na- Ra. As I watch it , GY looks cool like a cucumber but she is so scared of Yoon Sook finding this out. I would love to give a round of applause to Choi Go-Ya for teaching that biaatch a lesson. I love the play by play Go Ya did. She met that no good selfish woman and let ONR do all the gloating . Then she BAm Bam!!! I was laughing so loudly and I had to gift . I rewatch the scene over and over. LOL LOL 

TYrM7qPMghH9pqMD2Y81wi5Js6-LonPizYaT1OQ8

Spoiler

Jo9yE-bGn5EDqYvaJJ_bV-82mq36NlWXDliSBIhL 

lWZMxwJERCrrJVqD0LMlpT3i9WIG-ph-aDGWRSfo

Guest wdsayang

@UnniSarah Yes I also like the way GY turns things around. Although she was afraid of her secret will be revealed by ONR,  she didn't show it to her so ONR couldn't say anything. I'm also glad this drama doesn't drag the story too much, and that make me curious about the next story.

so it turn out the one who try to get free money from GY real ma is greedy CTP friend who he tell the secret to.

seem like the only reason GY real ma return to korean was because of the letter. till now she was not even looking for her lost kid at all.

i hope once GY learn the truth about her brith she will not call her real ma ma . the step ma is 10x better then her real ma.

before this episode i was thinking maybe she comeback to korean because of the letter/also look for her lost kid. after the episode seem like she dont want anything to do with her lost kid. now that she rich.

i really love that GY is standing up to that 2 face ONR. that scene of ONR trying to make GY beg her/only for GY to tell her that if she does tell JS ma. GY will also tell all the dirty thing that 2 face ONR did.

i guess that will make that 2 face ONR think twice before she try to tell JS ma.

7 hours ago, wdsayang said:

@UnniSarah Yes I also like the way GY turns things around. Although she was afraid of her secret will be revealed by ONR,  she didn't show it to her so ONR couldn't say anything. I'm also glad this drama doesn't drag the story too much, and that make me curious about the next story.

Once the secret is out and the next plot hasn’t to happen, I think it will focus on ONR and TP breaking up with this time it being TP that divorces her. YS and the doc get together while GB and ED try to make it  official. But I think what will be the main story is GW and his kidney transplant. I think he may overhear that Mr Swallow is his dad and all the horrible things he did.

TP has karma when’s GW confronts him and cuts him off thus leaving TP more alone now that he’s broken up with NR, YS has moved on with doc, and GY can’t forgive him for hiding truth about ONR finding out the secret.

and then of course the epic downfall of ONR. My heart is ready, come at my stories!

I'm trekking right along on my marathon of this drama (ep 77) to catch up with the thread. Yes, I'm sleep deprived, but that's a good thing--it means the drama is good.  I really love the story between JS and GY, I also like the story between GY's mother and JS' uncle the doctor--although, the mother treated GY horribly, she was also a person treated horribly by a husband. However, still that is no excuse to treat the person who took on the care of the family at age 19 or so (she had to care for a sickly brother, a mother who had a stroke and a rebellious younger sister).  GY definitely deserves some happiness.

I have to say it and I really don't want to offend anyone on the thread; however, I HATE the love line developing between JS' brother and the selfish younger sister. I can't see any relationship lasting where one person is all about self and will lie to the person they claim to love in an effort to deceive them. I also think that JS' older bother is immature to have been a married man and now divorced.

same here i dont see what he see in GY stepsis. other then she younger then him. she have nothing to offer. she a lazy woman who cant cook/cant clean/always act like a spoiler brat at home.

i also think JS bro is a little immature too. i mean even when he findout that they inlaw now. he still continue to see GY stepsis.
they even went aways together too. if he a real man he would never go aways with GY stepsis after they become inlaw.

We know Choi Tae- Ran has a dream that Go Ya will turn her back on her . Her cousin said that Go Ya’s Mom will have a hard time accepting Min Jin Seok. When Oh Sa Ra heard that prediction why didn’t she take this as a warning. If she hadn’t forced GY to agree to her selfish ultimatum. I think if this ultimatum was never forced upon GY , GY’s biological Mom probably wouldn’t be an obstacle to their happiness. 

These past few episodes, we all see how much OSR really wanted her MIl to like her. She tries to spend as much time as she want with her. They are finally a family but once the conditions she forced GY to accept will come back and bite her.  OSR’s MIL will go back to being pissed at her and saying this is why I didn’t want you marrying my son. She will blame her for the death of her son again. Also she will blame her for losing two DIL for JS and ES. Smh smh smh 

Now I wonder how all the secrets will be revealed and who is going to say it. I don’t think it will be ONR. She reveals anything, her reputation, livelihood and disgracing her sister for her misdeeds will force her to leave town again FOR GOOD.  

I want GB and ES’s affair to be revealed so that when it is revealed that JS is ONR’s nephew, Yoon Sook wouldn’t go crazy and cut ties with GY. I fear this revelation will push her to cut ties with her. I fear that YS will only forgive GY if GW is on his deathbed. YS is so vindictive and doesn’t know the meaning of forgiveness. She holds a grudge for a long time. Everything GY did for her will be erased and it will push her to reveal that she is adopted. That is a scenario i do not want. 

@wunwing1 @lclarakl.... I too am disappointed in Eun Seok and Go Bong’s relationship. ES is choosing to be selfish now but once hears about what ONR, he will be in so much more pain. I agree GB is very selfish and being with ES hasn’t changed her. This relationship just made her even more selfish and immature. She doesn’t even think about how this will affect her sister. All she thinks about is herself. I don’t know how to describe ES but he has allowed her to sleepover over to many times to count. Knowing Kdrama land , I fear she will be pregnant before GY which reallly richard simmons me offf. 

53 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

All she thinks about is herself. I don’t know how to describe ES but he has allowed her to sleepover over to many times to count. Knowing Kdrama land , I fear she will be pregnant before GY which reallly richard simmons me offf. 

@UnniSarah, I too fear that she will be pregnant. I'm only on ep 89, but will catch up to the rest of the thread today. Every time a pot of soup or food is placed in front of GB, I'm expecting her to give the drama sign of pregnancy -- hand to mouth as if she's about to throw up. ES went from mature to very immature/comic relief as this drama progressed.

It's also hard for me to believe that the father is willing to bond a friendship with a sickly "boy-stranger" while at the same time showing zero interest or curiosity about his own son of the same age.  More than that, it's hard for me to believe that a man as callous to leave a pregnant wife with two young daughters for another woman, not even making an effort to help them financially in 10 years, evilly plotting against them, would care about the well being for a "boy-stranger". I'm sure in the end he will donate his kidney to his son after developing a friendship with him as a stranger, but this was a quick turnabout for me.  

NR chased one man for money to another man for money. She still hasn't learned a lesson. Either she or GY's dad need to give up a kidney for all the pain and suffering they caused.  Now she just want to pretend like it never happened. It's easy to ask for forgiveness when you're not the person that was wronged.

@UnniSarah

I think the relationship between SR and Halmoni will start to fall apart when Halmoni finds out the whole truth..  The conditions she placed on GY in order for her to marry JS will be the final straw for Hamoni. The problem with SR is she has no clue she is a controller. She controlled how her family continued to viewed NR by hiding the truth. The whole family accepted that NR was seduced by TP. and placing no fault on NR. They all continued to view NR as this sweet loving person who was misguided by TP.

SR refuses to believe her sister had any fault in how things turned out. Her slap down will come when she finds out it was her sister who was the culprit. TP has to take the blame for abandoning his family but NR was the one who destroyed his family. He has no clue he was scammed by NR who blinded him with money. When SR is hit with all the facts about her sister she will be ashamed to face anybody. The relationship between her and Halmoni will become very strained. SR will have to take a long hard look at herself and accept she helped make the monster that NR became. 

@lclarakl @UnniSarah

The relationship between ES and GB is so wrong on so many levels. ES is a very naive lonely man and GB played on that. GB is the complete opposite of his ex wife and she brings excitement and adventure to his dull life. She has ruled the forming of that relationship the whole time. GB is controlling his life the same why his mother always controlled his life which made him lose his ex wife. He 's so innocent and naive he doesn't know he's being controlled by GB. He doesn't know how to live any other way. Hopefully he gets a wake up call and takes control of his own life and stop letting GB and his mother control him.  

TP is still blinded by money and NR but his awakening is coming. 

Okay, I've caught up with the thread. Now I wish I had waited another two weeks before I started marathoning the drama---I don't know if I can handle the wait for the next episode.

I'm interested to see how GY's biological mom reacts when she learns how GY was raised--basically a slave for the family. If I'm not mistaken, the family business was doing well when the father decided to leave them; however, GY worked different jobs to save for her college tuition which was then given to her bratty sister. Yes, her adoptive mother is treating her better now, but in the past she treated her like Cinderella and the evil stepmother.  Maybe the mother thinks she's truly her ex-husband's child--not knowing that he was paid a small fortune to adopt her.  

I really don't see any development of growth in GB's character at all--still ungrateful, selfish and immature. Sadly, ES has sunk to her level. Not interested in these characters at all; especially on a romance level. Around his ex-wife he comes across as mature. Around GB he comes across as immature. I know I have missed some important information that these two characters may have shared, but after 75+ episodes, I just FF through their scenes.

This is a daily dram with a good pace, however, I am concerned that the story will not be completely fleshed out in the remaining 22 or 23 episodes. I want to know before this drama ends:

• will the chairwoman make it known she's the biological mother?
  • does GY adopted mother know the truth?
  • what will happen between GY's mother and the doctor?
  • What will happen with GY's brother--will he receive a kidney transplant?
  • How will JS' mother and Ms. Jang react when they hear the truth about who GY's father is? 
  • ................when GY's mother learn who JS' aunt is?
  • ................when they all learn that GY was adopted and who her wealthy mother is?
  • Will cheating father and crazy ONR become a kidney donor?
  • Will JS and GY remain married?
  • ES and GB--Could care less.

There is so much that has to be covered and only a few short episodes to cover them.

31 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

@lclarakl @UnniSarah

The relationship between ES and GB is so wrong on so many levels. ES is a very naive lonely man and GB played on that. GB is the complete opposite of his ex wife and she brings excitement and adventure to his dull life. She has ruled the forming of that relationship the whole time. GB is controlling his life the same why his mother always controlled his life which made him lose his ex wife. He 's so innocent and naive he doesn't know he's being controlled by GB. He doesn't know how to live any other way. Hopefully he gets a wake up call and takes control of his own life and stop letting GB and his mother control him.  

TP is still blinded by money and NR but his awakening is coming. 

@awsparkle, at times like this, I miss the old "new" forum we had.....I would have to give you several of the little "bow down" icons in recognition of the wonderful insight you just shared regarding ES and GB's relationship.  I'm so thankful that GY at least has a man that can match her strength and resolve. 

I also agree about NR and TP--I have a feeling that the chairwoman is going to have a lot to say once she finds out how GY was treated like a servant....this girl worked herself to the bones from early morning until late at night.  The chairwoman wanted her baby, so I don't think she's going to just sit back and be okay.

My only fear is there are only 22 episodes left.

5 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Okay, I've caught up with the thread. Now I wish I had waited another two weeks before I started marathoning the drama---I don't know if I can handle the wait for the next episode.

I'm interested to see how GY's biological mom reacts when she learns how GY was raised--basically a slave for the family. If I'm not mistaken, the family business was doing well when the father decided to leave them; however, GY worked different jobs to save for her college tuition which was then given to her bratty sister. Yes, her adoptive mother is treating her better now, but in the past she treated her like Cinderella and the evil stepmother.  Maybe the mother thinks she's truly her ex-husband's child--not knowing that he was paid a small fortune to adopt her.  

I really don't see any development of growth in GB's character at all--still ungrateful, selfish and immature. Sadly, ES has sunk to her level. Not interested in these characters at all; especially on a romance level. Around his ex-wife he comes across as mature. Around GB he comes across as immature. I know I have missed some important information that these two characters may have shared, but after 75+ episodes, I just FF through their scenes.

This is a daily dram with a good pace, however, I am concerned that the story will not be completely fleshed out in the remaining 22 or 23 episodes. I want to know before this drama ends:

• How will JS' mother and Ms. Jang react when they hear the truth about who GY's father is? 
  • ................when they all learn that GY was adopted and who her wealthy mother is?

There is so much that has to be covered and only a few short episodes to cover them.

@lclarakl.. I believe all your questions will be answered chingu. The only question is the sequence of events. I do know two things GY’s birth secret will be revealed and GY will leave the Choi’s household. Because if this  

OH Tae-Ran’s Vision 

ZmOEsCEIABnoGlFk6iohyI1_O-aG2iOLDNYPXq9U

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I agree so much about GB and ES-at this point I just skip through their scenes

GY’s adopted mother thinks GY is from TP’s past relationship cause I remember in one of the episodes before JS and GY got married, YS was talking to TR about how she treated GY badly cause seeing Er reminded her of woman that TP possibly loved or something. 

I hope everyone ets their karma for how badly they treated GY. The worse part is GY herself is not mad at all at YS and even now TP seems cool with, so it’s like even if karma hit them I don’t think GY would be as happy about it as me.

@UnniSarah, I hope you are right.  I will say that a lot has been happening in almost every episode since the arrival of the chairwoman.

I remembered this dream and wondered why CTR was dressed in early 1900 century clothing. I didn't know if she was wearing a servant outfit or something from Pride and Prejudice. The huge building behind GY depicted wealth in my mind--looks like a palace. So it made me wonder if in CRT's vision/dream she was seeing GY in the future or from the past of what her life would have been.

@philosophie, I too hope that everyone who mistreated GY gets their karma too. The only one in her immediate family who loved and saw how deep she was mistreated was her brother.  I love the fact that she seems very comfortable around her biological mother. 

Archived