[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

yoorobot2.jpg&key=d64644c4d1f384c9fb92ab

No, but, honestly, how is that look even LEGAL?? Like seriously, I'm going to report him to the mods. 

I officially give up by the way, my expectations for this drama are just too high. I don't know how I'm going to be able to put up with having to wait for each episode and there's no way I can wait for the whole drama to air to marathon it. This is a serious problem, please send help! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

Hi Everyone! Just found out about this drama & I'm glad I'm not late in joining this thread since it'll start in 2 days' time:lol: I was waiting for a good lighthearted drama and I think this is it! I'm excited!!!:grin:

Hi chingu!! happy you're joining us here!! let's have fun here all together!! :D 

I think he met them on set!! :D but isn't Yoo Seung Ho wearing light clothes?!! take good care of your health Yoo Seung Ho-ssi!! :wub: 

cr: 25.05s

cr: phyooseungho

@sanaeozora hhhhhhhhh I'd love to help you but I need someone to help me first!! :tongue: and not even the mods can help us against that look of his :love: I believe they're just like us, needing some help!! :wink: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Hi everyone! :D

After finally watching the highlight-reel I know where this drama is coming from and I'm looking forward to Chae Soo-bin pretending to be a robot without acting as herself when Yoo Seung-ho is treating her like the robot she is supposed to be. :) I'm definitely in for this drama.

Hi chingu, so happy more and more people are joining us here and getting interested in the drama!! this will be much fun!! :wub::w00t: 

Chae Soo Bin Talks About What Makes “I Am Not A Robot” Different From “Borg Mom”

Chae-Soo-Bin-Yoo-Seung-Ho.jpg

The cast and crew of the upcoming drama “I Am Not a Robot” have explained how the show differs from the recent drama “Borg Mom.”

On December 4, producing director Jung Dae Yoon spoke about the two MBC shows at a press conference for “I Am Not a Robot.” Although the premise of both dramas involves humanoid robots, Jung Dae Yoon explained that the focus of “I Am Not a Robot” is not actually the robot, but rather the woman (played by Chae Soo Bin) who is pretending to be the robot.

“I only saw the first episode of ‘Borg Mom,’ but our drama has a similar subject and a similar type of lighthearted, easy-to-watch comedy,” said the director. “In that sense, there are some similarities.”

However, he added, “There’s a bit of a difference in that ‘Borg Mom’ [involves] an actual robot. I think it was the love story of a scientist and an actual robot.”

“In our case,” he went on, “the archetype of the story is closer to ‘Beauty and the Beast.’ A man with an allergy to humans mistakes a human for a robot and falls in love with her. Ultimately, he falls in love with a human. I think that makes [the drama] different.”

Actress Chae Soo Bin, who plays both the robot in question and the woman pretending to be said robot, agreed with the director. “I was also too busy with filming to see ‘Borg Mom,’ but I heard it was very entertaining,” she said. “Our drama is not a love story between a robot and a human, but ultimately the love story of two people.”

She added, “I have more scenes as [my human character] than as [a robot], and that’s the focus.”

“I Am Not a Robot” will premiere on December 6, while “Borg Mom” recently aired its last episode on December 1.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/04/chae-soo-bin-talks-makes-not-robot-different-borg-mom/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

@Jillia I'll be looking forward to it!! :D 

actually we never discussed about OSTs, did we?!! we have no news about them but I really hope we'll have great ones, I'm looking forward to them too!! :D 

I did make a post about this, after the awesome OST in Ruler, I really hope this drama will have some cool tunes too. With all the sci fi themes, I am expecting some electronic music, but we shouls also get some more softer sounding melodies, espevually for the sad or romantic moments.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

I did make a post about this, after the awesome OST in Ruler, I really hope this drama will have some cool tunes too. With all the sci fi themes, I am expecting some electronic music, but we shouls also get some more softer sounding melodies, espevually for the sad or romantic moments.

I really hope so!! OSTs and BGMs are important part of a drama adding more emotions to emotional and fun scenes!! :wink: and I'm someone who enjoys listening to OSTs even if not for dramas I watched :tongue: so surely I want my dramas to have some of my favorite OSTs!! :tongue::D 

• Like 1

Yoo Seung Ho Shares Ratings Promise For “I Am Not A Robot”

Yoo-Seung-Ho.jpg

During a press conference for upcoming MBC drama “I Am Not a Robot” on December 4, Yoo Seung Hotalked about expectations and ratings.

When asked about how high he thought the viewership ratings would be, he answered, “I would like for [the drama] to achieve 30-40 percent, but really, viewership ratings aren’t important.” He was then asked to make a ratings promise, to which he stated, “If viewership ratings go over 25 percent, we will wear clothes befitting our characters and hold an autograph session at Myeongdong.”

During the event, Yoo Seung Ho also talked about how this drama was his first romantic comedy role and lead actress Chae Soo Bin explained how the drama differs from another work, “Borg Mom.”

“I Am Not a Robot” is a romantic comedy about a man who is perfect in looks and intelligence, but is allergic to humans and therefore cannot date, and a woman who pretends to be a robot. The first episode will air on December 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/04/yoo-seung-ho-shares-ratings-promise-not-robot/

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Berou said:

30-40 % ratings ??? I like how ambitious he is :lol:. Nowadays it's even  hard to get the double digit ratings, getting 15 % will be already good enough. 

hhhhhhhhhhhhh indeed!! even 20% is still ambitious!! :lol: hope the drama will have a high rating and many many many positive reviews!! :D Fighting!! :heart: 

cr: ttuysh

oh I forgot to say this, but looks like Min Kyu and Ji Ah's 1st encounter wasn't due to a car accident but he was a client she was supposed to deliver a certain item to butshe ended up delivering it in a bad state/not as he wanted and ended up telling her he won't pay her for her bad service surely to her disagreemant and rage!! :lol: 

Yoo Seung Ho admits starring in I'm Not a Robot has been challenging

by Shelly M on Mon, Dec 04, 2017

7615e5f6-3c65-4c43-9253-a552fec8f993.jpg

Romantic comedy is still foreign territory to Yoo Seung Ho. The highly versatile actor is a little rusty when it comes to the genre of his upcoming series I'm Not a Robot. He did an incredible job in past rom-coms like God of Study and Operation Proposal, but it seems he's more comfortable with complex roles. During the recent press conference for his new project, the 24-year-old star opened up about how he felt throughout the filming process.

Was it a struggle getting back into this particular genre? Yoo explained that while it was hard working alone, his co-star Chae Soo Bin helped put his mind at ease. “I did find working on this drama difficult. Till now, I’ve usually played roles that are dark and have a hidden past, so I feel more accustomed to those kinds of characters. It was hard for me to get into the mindset of the lead of a melodrama, so it’s been an interesting experience. I’d heard that when you’re in a melodrama, it helps if you truly care about your acting partner when you’re playing out scenes, and I think that’s true. In scenes when I’m interacting with her, I feel more at ease, and when I have to film by myself, I feel her absence. She’s been a big help to me.”

dca00d37-b55e-41d2-8c9d-9c0d25414c08.jpg

Despite his uncertainty, he cherishes his time on-set. “Though I was initially very scared about my first romantic comedy, I was drawn to my character, who is serious but also a little odd. I’m enjoying the filming process.”

I'm Not a Robot, which premieres on Wednesday (December 6), is a quirky love story between a guy with an allergy to humans and a girl who pretends to be a robot. This will be Yoo's first K-drama since his summer historical series Ruler: Master of the Mask wrapped in July. The former child star always gives his roles 100%, so I'm sure his next project will be a must-see.

Shelly M is an author and blogger. Follow her personal blog at BTSCelebs.com

Source: Via/ Image Credit: Hankooki

https://www.dramafever.com/news/yoo-seung-ho-admits-starring-in-im-not-a-robot-was-tough/?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dramafever

@Berou thank you so much for the translationchingu!! :wub: I feel so happy seeing many positive comments and articles about the drama and how much they're excited for it and for Yoo Seung Ho showing a different charm of his through this drama!! :wub: I remember when he playedconfident telling us viewers to watch the drama many commenter on the naver were answering that they will for sure just like us here!! :D:wub: 

Am I seriously the only one who has zero doubts YSH will ace this role? He absolutely rocked in Operation Proposal, so much so that, after watching the k-version, and no matter how much I love Yamapi, I couldn't watch the Japanese counterpart without comparing Yamapi's decent performance with YSH's superstellar one. Even in the very few moments in Ruler in which he was allowed to show his funny side, I honestly craked up.

He's going to do just fine in this drama, I'm 120% sure of it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I haven't seen Operation Proposal, but I wouldn't have called God of Study a rom-com. It was more of a classroom drama, and there was a hint of a romance between YSH's character and another student, but the romance wasn't really the focus. Anyway, he was pretty fantastic in God of Study as well as in other roles that I've watched him in.

I'm really looking forward to this drama since as much as I like YSH, he's made some interesting choices of roles in the past. However, this drama looks both funny and touching, and Chae Soo Bin has also really continued to grow as an actress. Plus, a good bit of comedy wouldn't go amiss over the winter months, and the set up feels original, and the teasers are so good. It's looking even more fantastic than when they first announced the drama and the casting.

Anyway, it's finally premiere week! :)

I haven't watched Operation Proposal nor God of Study yet but I saw/read about both dramas and like you said God of Study was more of classroom drama and he cried alot in Operation Proposal from episode 1 so don't think it qualify as a rom-com!! :blink: hhhhhh

yeah, I'm really looking forward to see a different side of his charm through Min Gyu's character :wub: and though I never really watched any of Choi Soo Bin's dramas but I'm liking what I saw of her through the teasers and she has a good chemistery with Yoo Seung Ho making me more excited to watch their pairing taking place through the drama :wub: I'm so happy seeing our worries turning into excitement!! :D 

FINALLY!! :w00t: 

4 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Hello! I can't wait for this drama. I have never watched anything with Yoo Seung Ho in it, so I'm very excited to see him.  And I look forward to discussing this drama with all of you!

Hi chingu!! happy you're joining us and hope you'll enjoy your 1st Yoo Seung Ho drama with all of us here :D and you end up falling for him like many of us (including me :tongue:) did!! :wink: 

@sanaeozora I have full believe that he will do great chingu!! :D I still can't stop laughing at his hillarious behaviour in the teasers and trailer!! :lol: he used to be heartbreakingly swoony and now I get to see him hillariously swoony!! :wub::D 

who's this kid in the drama?!! is she Ji Ah's nephew?!! she's cute!! :wub: 

hanseo0224

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Yes! You're right. Ooh nice picture of him you posted :)

was there ever a pic that wasn't good of him?!! :wink::tongue: 

[Video] "I'm Not a Robot" Yoo Seung-ho and Chae Soo-bin Have a Fateful First Meeting

photo916969.jpg

Although the teasers until this point have been wickedly cute, it is in this most recent teaser for "I'm Not a Robot" that we really get a taste of who our human-allergic hero and semi-robotic heroine really are. Yoo Seung-ho is an unusual high-powered man who is obviously very lonely - he practices kissing a pillow! He had a rather intense encounter with part-timer Chae Soo-bin and they meet again in a situation that makes robot scientist Uhm Ki-joon worried for the future of his project. Take a watch below!

-Yours, Lisa, who is in love with the promotional material for this show

"I'm Not a Robot" (2017)

Directed by Jeong Dae-yoon

Written by Kim Seon-mi-I, Lee Suk-joon-I

Network : MBC, MBC Dramanet

With Yoo Seung-ho, Chae Soo-bin, Uhm Ki-joon, Park Se-wan, Song Jae-ryong, Kim Min-kyu-III,...

32 episodes - Wed, Thu 22:00 (2x35min)
Synopsis
The story of a man with allergies to people who then falls in love with a robot. Throw in a twist: the robot is actually an actress doing a gig for money. What will happen?

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2017/12/06

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

http://www.hancinema.net/video-i-m-not-a-robot-yoo-seung-ho-and-chae-soo-bin-have-a-fateful-first-meeting-112957.html

hhhhhhhhhh I so love his "Robot-ssi is saying "omma ya shhh"" in his way of "are you trying to fool me?" it's so funny and smexy!! :lol::wub: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1