[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

Admin

ok I managed to translate 1st 2 questions from Yoo Seung Ho's interview (for now, will try to finish the rest later hopefully), please forgive my mistakes in advance!! :sweatingbullets:

Q: what kind of character is Min Kyu?

YSH: 1st, Min Kyu has human allergy illness, that doesn't exist in this world, due to some pain when he was a kid!! So he have been in no contact with people for 15 years with (cause of) that allergy. For That reason, his belief in people declined more. Then, in the midst of that, he meets the robot Aji 3 and Min Kyu starts changing and have faith in people and as you watch the drama he's not in love with the robot...there is a story and you can confirm it in the drama.

Q: What's Min Gyu's appealing/charming point?!!

YSH: rude!! hhh This is also true...he acts rudely habitually!! I think there's a reason for that. Mingyu is trying to defend himself by protecting himself and intentionally distancing and pushing people away from him!! PD-nim said this, he said that even if Min Kyu acts rudely, people won't hate him.

• Like 2

@Berou you're most welcome chingu!! :D yeah, little by little we can see that our theories was right in a way which I like!! :D and like you I don't know how the trauma caused this "alergy"!! it's not that he just has some kind of phobia or anxiety or other neurological condition around people, he can't even allow people to touch him!! it's apparent he's acting in a way that pushes people away from him as his self deffence mechanism but that looks like that wasn't enough as his body is rejecting any contact with them as well which leaves us with the big question mark: WHY?!! 

hhhhhhhh you can see me streaching my arms welcoming our smexy rude guy!! :lol::tongue: I fell for his sweet, caring, highly moraled roles :wub: but seeing him playing a rude character will be like seeing him having his pay back time for all the times he was tortured because of his high morals which is all I wish for!! :tongue::D and I can't agree more with Yoo Seung Ho that being rude would be Min Kyu's charming point!! :D:wub: we can wait for his villain/unlikable lead next!! :wink: hihihihi

me too!! :w00t: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

ok I managed to translate 1st 2 questions from Yoo Seung Ho's interview (for now, will try to finish the rest later hopefully), please forgive my mistakes in advance!! :sweatingbullets:

Q: what kind of character is Min Kyu?

YSH: 1st, Min Kyu has human allergy illness, that doesn't exist in this world, due to some pain when he was a kid!! So he have been in no contact with people for 15 years with (cause of) that allergy. For That reason, his belief in people declined more. Then, in the midst of that, he meets the robot Aji 3 and Min Kyu starts changing and have faith in people and as you watch the drama he's not in love with the robot...there is a story and you can confirm it in the drama.

Q: What's Min Gyu's appealing/charming point?!!

YSH: rude!! hhh This is also true...he acts rudely habitually!! I think there's a reason for that. Mingyu is trying to defend himself by protecting himself and intentionally distancing and pushing people away from him!! PD-nim said this, he said that even if Min Kyu acts rudely, people won't hate him.

Gomawo chingu

2 hours ago, Berou said:

If that's the case it explains why he distances himself from them to protect himself.

And I knew he was rude lol ! I'm going to laugh at the bickering between him and Jo Ji Ah at the accident scene. It's refreshing to see YSH playing someone rude, I was getting a little bit bored when he kept playing heroes with high morals. Next time he should play a villain/ an unlikeable lead :)

I'm looking forward to the bickering too! an rude smexy YSH would be so cool!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

we can wait for his villain/unlikable lead next!! :wink: hihihihi

He played villain twice and both them, he still evoke so much sympathy for the character that many loved him despite what he did in the character. And I think,that is because of his great acting, that despite all monstosity or bad things he did, he can still evoke that empathy from his viewers. And our Mr Smexy Everything is that level of an actor

57 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

we can wait for his villain/unlikable lead next!! :wink: hihihihi

He played villain twice and both them, he still evoke so much sympathy for the character that many loved him despite what he did in the character. And I think,that is because of his great acting, that despite all monstosity or bad things he did, he can still evoke that empathy from his viewers. And our Mr Smexy Everything is that level of an actor

• Like 2

It seems 2018 is a year popular for drama with a Robot. KBS has one too..

Spoiler

Seo Kang Joon And Gong Seung Yeon Complete Filming For Upcoming AI-Human Romance Drama

Seo-Kang-Joon-Gong-Seung-Yeon.jpg

The first Korean AI-human romance drama has completed filming!

Upcoming KBS drama “Are You Human, Too?” (literal translation) stars Seo Kang Joon as the son of a rich father and also as the AI robot that the father sets up when his son is in a coma. The drama will follow the romance of the AI robot with a human woman, played by Gong Seung Yeon.Seo-Kang-Joon-1.jpg“Are You Human, Too?” has finished five months of filming after beginning in June. The production team commented, “We completed filming with the recent first snow, including all four seasons on video. As long as the production period was, we are anticipating a great drama.”Gong-Seung-Yeon-Seo-Kang-Joon.jpgIt took over two years to plan for the drama, and more than 10 billion won (approximately $9.2 million) were spent on production. “Editing for all 18 episodes has been completed, but using an AI robot as the subject matter, we will put in our full effort until the broadcast next year for the post-production including CG and special effects to showcase high quality cinematography,” the production team commented.

The cast and crew of the drama will soon celebrate their hard work with a party in Seoul and a reward vacation in Gangwon Province.Are-You-Human-Too.png“Are You Human, Too?” will air in the first half of 2018 via KBS.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/28/seo-kang-joon-gong-seung-yeon-complete-filming-upcoming-ai-human-romance-drama/

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

MBC’s Upcoming Drama “She’s Not A Robot?!” Releases Whimsical Posters Ahead Of Premiere

Shes-Not-a-Robot1.jpg

MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama has released witty and fun posters ahead of the first episode, which is set to air on December 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

The first poster shows the main characters of Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin, and Uhm Ki Joon inside an assembly kit. Yoo Seung Ho will play Kim Min Kyu, a perfect man who has everything. However, the one flaw he has is that he has an allergy to humans and must live a life sheltered from others, and the gloves and cane that he never leaves the house without are seen around him. Chae Soo Bin will play two roles of young entrepreneur Jo Ji Ah and humanoid robot Ah Ji 3. Meanwhile, Uhm Ki Joon will play Hong Baek Gyun, a genius with a doctorate in robotics engineering.

Chae-Soo-Bin-Yoo-Seung-Ho-Shes-Not-a-Robot.jpg

The second poster shows Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin posing for a photo together for an Instagram post. It will be interesting to see whether a woman who has to pretend she’s a robot and a man who has built a protective wall around himself will be able to form a relationship. The road is set to be full of twists and turns for the duo.

She’s Not a Robot?!” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of a man who has never dated because he has an allergy to humans and a woman who has to pretend to be a robot. The first episode will air on December 6 at 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/29/mbcs-upcoming-drama-shes-not-robot-releases-whimsical-posters-ahead-premiere/

awwwww so loved it!! :wub: it's fun and smart how they combined the characters' belongings around them like Min Kyu's gloves and suitcase above him and stick beside him!! it's like a full introduction to the characters through the poster :D:wub: 

_______

@WoozyPrincess

Spoiler

yeah I know :D and though I didn't watch both those dramas yet (but will for sure) I watched many of his MVs from them and I cried alot for him :tongue: but I can see him giving more than he already did in his previous villain roles as he grow more and so did his (his well know talent) talent!! :wink: 

8 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

It seems 2018 is a year popular for drama with a Robot. KBS has one too..

yeah I remember reading casting news for that drama too along side this drama's casting news (before Yoo Seung Ho's name being attached to this drama :tongue:) which was confusing at 1st, but didn't knew that it was to be fully preproduced!! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Really looking forward to this! I have a warm spot for the director (Jung Dae Yoon--he directed W), and look, Lee Shi Un has a cameo, too! The story looks fun and I hope the drama is a success.

happy you're joining us chingu!! :D 

30 minutes ago, imnotarobot said:

thank you soooooooo much chingu!! :wub: I was rewatching the youtube videos wondering if we'l get the full version and where to find it and here it is!! :D:wub: 

edit: waaaaaaaa it's not the full interview, they only merged all the videos together!! :( 

• Like 2

Yoo Seung Ho Shows Depth Of His Emoting During A Single Phone Call In “She’s Not A Robot?!” Stills

Yoo-Seung-Ho-12.jpg

With just about a week left until its premiere, MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “She’s Not a Robot?!” has given another curious look at lead Yoo Seung Ho in character.

The romantic comedy follows the story of Kim Min Kyu (Yoo Seung Ho), who is seemingly perfect with his looks, wealth and skills, but is “allergic to humans.” He falls in love with what he thinks is a humanoid robot, but is actually a girl pretending to be an android (Chae Soo Bin).

In the latest stills, Yoo Seung Ho goes through a myriad of emotions while answering a phone call. While he happily answered the call initially, he appears increasingly saddened and disappointed by whatever he hears as time passes. His expressions leave many wondering who and what would evoke such reactions.

Yoo-Seung-Ho-21.jpg

The production team commented, “Actor Yoo Seung Ho really has an infinite number of attractive points. The charm he has and his unique character combined create a tremendous synergy.” Notably, this drama will also mark Yoo Seung Ho’s first romantic comedy.

“She’s Not a Robot?!” is set to premiere on December 6. Check out the trailer!

Watch Now

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/29/yoo-seung-ho-shows-depth-emoting-single-phone-call-shes-not-robot-stills/

after seeing the long preview I think he got teary eyes out of happiness seeing Aji3 in front of him!! :wub: 

• Like 3