Quantcast
Berou

[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

18 hours ago, urd said:

Thank you for sharing your art. They're really well done.

Have you tried watching Strongest Deliveryman? It isn't nearly as good as INAR, but it does have CSB in a similar role as a much tougher JiA. They even have the same "accidentally falling into his arms; waiting for a kiss" and "yelling at her love not to walk away from her" scenes that we saw in INAR.

Thanks so much for the compliment.  I will check out Strongest Deliveryman as you suggested! :D

Ji Ah's confession....beautiful scene.

VAAAJdl.png

larger image: https://i.imgur.com/lwtdWms.png

Cute fanarts!!

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

YSH's interviews came out !! I had a big smile on my face while reading the title of one of them because I was right !!  I should get a medal XD. Joking. :lol: I'm still amazed that I took time to compare both uniforms and  that I  found out they matched perfectly. 

[Ex's interview ①] Yoo Seung-ho "Robot" military uniform is actually mine ... 

"I've heard from the beginning that the ending is  joining the army. I did not think that the drama would change as the drama progressed, but it was really an army ending. At that time, I did not have time to set up my military suit because I did not have time, so I took my military suit, beret, and combat shoes. 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000819267

He knows that IANAR has become successful overseas.  The staff and the cast, including him were shocked by the ratings.  Nevertheless he has been satisfied with the drama and his  performance

His others interviews : 

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201801311414590310

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=001&aid=0009854239

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002677153

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=076&aid=0003210058

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=111&aid=0000510648

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=112&aid=0002999091

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=108&aid=0002677154

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=311&aid=0000819266

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=112&aid=0002999092 : in this interview he says he doesn't want to date right now 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=081&aid=0002890008

There are many more interviews, I'm going to wait for the official translations from YSHbiased :blush:. He  also feel good to have crossed a mountain, his weakness which is romance. He wants to do  all kind of roles from now on. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/01/yoo-seung-ho-shares-honest-thoughts-low-viewership-ratings-not-robot/

Yoo Seung Ho Shares His Honest Thoughts On Low Viewership Ratings For “I Am Not A Robot”

Yoo Seung Ho recently sat down for an interview, where he discussed “I Am Not a Robot” and its low viewership ratings.

See Also: Chae Soo Bin, Yoo Seung Ho, And Uhm Ki Joon Bid Farewell To "I Am Not A Robot"

During the interview, Yoo Seung Ho talked about how he felt after he first saw the viewership ratings. He shared, “To be honest, after I saw the ratings for our first episode, I couldn’t look at the director in the eyes at the filming set the next day. You can’t blame the actor completely, but in a way, the actor is at fault as well. I couldn’t look at Chae Soo Bin‘s face either.”

“However, I thought that I had to ease that atmosphere somehow. So I playfully said, ‘What are we going to do about the viewership ratings?’ first, and tried to ease the atmosphere by laughing. Thankfully, I heard the drama was popular overseas during the middle of airing, and it became a big source of strength. We joked amongst ourselves, ‘A three percent viewership rating really means viewers with the top three percent taste.'”

Yoo Seung Ho candidly stated, “I do think the viewership ratings were a bit disappointing as well. However, if you remove the ratings, the actors were good, the director’s producing style was good, and everything was perfect and good.”

The actor remarked, “A lot of people seemed unsure if I would do an interview because the drama didn’t do that well. I probably wouldn’t have if I looked only at the drama’s ratings. However, I’m happy with just the fact that I filmed this drama, and I wanted to brag about the drama.”

He added, “We concluded that the fact that there was no prior Wednesday-Thursday drama due to the MBC strike was a large factor. The drama also may have seemed hard to approach because it included ‘robot’ in the title. Of course there are disappointing aspects, but I don’t want to evaluate this drama with the number [from the ratings] alone.”

Yoo Seung Ho continued on to reveal, “Of all the productions I’ve filmed so far, [I Am Not a Robot] was the happiest set for me. I think it may remain the happiest production even in the future.”

He added with a laugh, “I didn’t know I would come to like this drama so much. It was fun while I was filming, and I still like it so much even after it’s over. It’s strange. There are usually a lot of cases where you grow more affection for a drama because it achieves high viewership ratings and good results. ‘I Am Not a Robot’ had low viewership ratings, but why do I like it so much?”

Catch Yoo Seung Ho in “I Am Not a Robot” below, if you haven’t already!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Guest moo1304
1 hour ago, k8telyn said:

We joked amongst ourselves, ‘A three percent viewership rating really means viewers with the top three percent taste.

He added with a laugh, “I didn’t know I would come to like this drama so much. It was fun while I was filming, and I still like it so much even after it’s over. It’s strange. There are usually a lot of cases where you grow more affection for a drama because it achieves high viewership ratings and good results. ‘I Am Not a Robot’ had low viewership ratings, but why do I like it so much?”

YSH baby... ur drama has a good result too.. overseas love it... and yeah i agree that 3% rating for the viewers with top taste

Wow... tks all for the interview updates:).

Oh @Berou u making me having that uniform fantasy again... heee.

Ok ok chill... u definitely deserve a prize!!

Spoiler

wKCB700.jpg

Fun fri n wonderful weekend all!!

h5MPFeZ.jpg

OMG, the full OST is out ! My wish finally came true! :bawling:

Thank you MBC and Kdrama goddess!:heart:

• Like 13

I’m Not a Robot Episodes 17-24 Review: Reset and Repeat

by India Hunter on Fri, Feb 02, 2018

010bef92-ab04-4186-b86c-22aea5e410f0.png

Min Kyu and Ji A have bonded and no amount of metal can hide it. The seriousness of putting Min Kyu’s life at risk by exposing him to a human unknowingly has finally come home to roost and the team is heartbroken and feeling responsible. But more than allergies have been risked and Min Kyu and Ji A’s hearts refuse to be torn apart from each other. In order to keep Min Kyu alive, everyone is going to reset the situation… or at least, they will try. President Hwang and his son have other plans. Join Drama Debussie and I, Wendilynn, as we talk about these episodes of I’m Not a Robot.

Full Recap:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/im-not-a-robot-episodes-17-24-review-reset-and-repeat/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m Not a Robot Episodes 25 - 32 Review: Secrets, Lies and Videotape

by India Hunter on Fri, Feb 02, 2018

1de48b4f-cc12-4cf0-812d-b24de1a9d978.png

Well, drama clubbers, we’ve reached the end of this adorable journey, and I'm Not a Robot clearly couldn’t let us leave without having ALL the secrets flow out like the Han River before we said goodbye. As painful as the process may have been, Min Kyu’s understanding of how everyone lied to him in some shape or form was necessary, freeing, and brought home a fact about life. We hurt each other. It’s inevitable. However, those that hurt us and our ability to forgive them makes for a well-rounded existence.

Full Recap:

https://www.dramafever.com/news/im-not-a-robot-episodes-25---32-review--secrets-lies-and-videotape/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoo Seung Ho Talks About Wearing A Military Uniform For “I’m Not A Robot”

K. Lew February 2, 2018

Yoo-Seung-Ho-2-e1517616407309.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho recently played the heart-stopping, perfect male lead Kim Min Kyu who was allergic to humans in MBC’s “I’m Not a Robot.” Despite it being his first romantic comedy role, he was able to pull of the sweet romance with his co-star Chae Soo Bin.

On the army discharge scene in the last episode, Yoo Seung Ho shared, “In the beginning, the director told me that the end of the drama had already been decided. I thought that as we filmed, the ending could be changed, but the drama really concluded with the discharge scene.” He continued, “There wasn’t time to prepare anything, so I wore the army uniform and beret that I actually wore while I was in the army. I just changed the name tag and filmed. If I hadn’t gone to the army, I think it would have been a bit embarrassing to film that scene.”

Yoo Seung Ho joked, “Maybe it was because it had been a while since I wore my uniform, but it was hard. Even wearing it made me frustrated and angry.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/02/yoo-seung-ho-talks-wearing-military-uniform-im-not-robot/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, JiraM said:

OMG, the full OST is out ! My wish finally came true! :bawling:

Thank you MBC and Kdrama goddess!:heart:

Yay! Is this true? Been waiting for this. When is the release date?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SpiritGambler said:

Yay! Is this true? Been waiting for this. When is the release date?

The OST album was released on Feb. 1, including 51 tracks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

@luv_into @JiraM Where/How can we get the OST album?

My brother is a user of genie.co.kr so I listen to OST online, but the CD is not available right now. It will take more days, as far as I know.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, oneandthree said:
Are they doing the survey now?

Hi to all of you :) is this like a longer version of the drama? As in with longer scenes? 

Edited by Berou
please don't quote pics , thanks :)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be in Seoul in two months. I plan on buying anything and everything that's INAR related. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Yes, they are doing the survey..I went to the cafe to find that they're working on a notice for international fans. More details will come out in a few days. 

Edited by luv_into
  • Like 3

On 2/4/2018 at 9:18 AM, urd said:

I'll be in Seoul in two months. I plan on buying anything and everything that's INAR related. :D

Woww...so envious, may I go there to join you...keke? My closed friend will go to Seoul this Fri, I hope OST CD album is on sale now ^^

• Like 1

Flash Review: I’m Not A Robot

February 6, 2018 by kfangurl

I’ll be the first to admit that when it first became apparent that Robot Romance was going to be dramaland’s Next Big Trend, I was.. not terribly excited.

I don’t have a pre-existing love for robot stories, for one thing. On top of that, the thought of the potential problems arising from a human-robot romance made the genre feel even less promising. Happily for me, though, neither of these concerns applied in this show, woot!

Not only is the romance in this drama between two very real humans, the two humans are played by Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin, who are – for lack of a better word – Super Stinkin’ Cute together. I could watch these two just make googly heart-eyes at each other, all day long. 

Show is not without its flaws, so this section might look like it’s made up of fewer items than the other sections in this review combined. Let me just state upfront for the record, that even though this is the shorter list, Chae Soo Bin and Yoo Seung Ho, individually and together, made this watch more than worthwhile.

Chae Soo Bin as Ji Ah / Aji3

im-not-a-robot-010.jpg?w=820

Chae Soo Bin’s struck me as a solid actress from the first time I laid eyes on her, in 2015’s Sassy Go Go. I mean, she took a Mean Girl character, and made her pop – but not in a hateful way. That takes skillz, and Chae Soo Bin’s got it in spades.

It’s not surprising – but still completely impressive – that in a few short years, Chae Soo Bin’s now firmly in leading lady territory. Well deserved and well done, I say. Not only does Chae Soo Bin make Ji Ah feel warm, relatable and completely real, she’s solidly good as Aji3 too – the real Aji3, I mean.

As a character, I found Ji Ah earnest and likable right off the bat, possibly because our introduction to her is of her being nice to the random schoolgirl next in line, but not hesitating to stand up to the random jerk who then tries to cut in line. She seemed to me, to be genuinely keen to do a good job, and sassy enough to fight for what she feels is rightfully hers.

I liked her even more, when I realized that her hardworking earnestness wasn’t just applied to what looked like a part-time job; I loved how enterprising and creative she was, and I admired her for fighting to achieve her dreams, [MINOR SPOILER] even when her Oppa (Seo Dong Won) was angry with her for not getting a proper job, and threw her out of the house. [END SPOILER]

I loved how Ji Ah never lost her sense of warmth – or her sense of feisty independence – through it all. I also loved that Chae Soo Bin delivered all of Ji Ah’s moments with an emotional resonance that felt real and believable.

Yoo Seung Ho as Min Kyuim-not-a-robot-008.png?w=820

I’ve been a fan of Yoo Seung Ho’s expressive broody gaze and impossibly warm smile ever since I saw him in 2012’s Operation Proposal, and I was super pleased to have him cast as our romantic leading man.

As I expected, Yoo Seung Ho did not disappoint. He breathed layers and nuance into Min Kyu, and delivered with such range and depth, that there were more than a few times that I felt completely sucked into Min Kyu’s emotions, even while my brain protested the logic lapses in the drama world that surrounded him. Plus, every time Min Kyu smiled, I felt like the hearts in my eyes were exploding in fireworks made up entirely of pint-sized puppies, rainbows, sparkles andunicorns. 

It took me a couple of episodes to get a good sense of Min Kyu as a character, because while there were times that Min Kyu seemed super likable and amiable, like when he drives into the grounds of his home and waves to his butler (Kim Ha Kyoon), there were other times when he appeared unnecessarily cold, [MINOR SPOILER] like when he pronounced that the stray employee who’d accidentally appeared in front of him, would get a pay cut. [END SPOILER] Until my sense of Min Kyu settled into something more positive several episodes into my watch, it was Yoo Seung Ho’s personal charm and irresistible smile that buoyed my feelings towards Min Kyu.

Once Show painted in the details of how Min Kyu lost his parents and how he’d developed his first allergic reaction, however, it wasn’t long before my heart completely went out to Min Kyu. Add on the flecks of innocence and fear that Yoo Seung Ho injected into Min Kyu’s gaze, and I was completely drawn in to root for Min Kyu for the long haul.

Our OTP together

im-not-a-robot-007.png?w=820

There are times when Shows cast two talented actors opposite each other – only to end up with an OTP that just doesn’t pop, because of a lack of personal chemistry. This is so not one of those times. In fact, Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin are so cute separately and together, and share such a warm, easy, natural chemistry, that I feel like Show’s casting director literally hit the jackpot with this pairing.

From the bickery scenes, to the playful teasing scenes, to the meaty emotional moments, and everything in between, there never was a moment when I felt like Yoo Seung Ho and Chae Soo Bin didn’t belong together. I loved having them share my screen, regardless of what their characters were doing, and where we were in our story. I just always looked forward to more of them together, which is a sure sign of a winning OTP.

When you peel away the fancy robot layers, our OTP set-up is essentially one of forced proximity and the resulting connections and feelings, which is simply one of my favorite drama things, ever. I very much enjoyed seeing Min Kyu enjoy Aji3’s company more and more, and Ji Ah growing to care for Min Kyu, in spite of herself.

As our OTP becomes more and more fond of each other, the emotional resonance in their interactions deepen as well. This organic growth, combined with the excellent, nuanced delivery of both actors, made it so easy to get sucked into this OTP journey. These two had me grinning goofy grins and choking back sympathetic tears in turn, and it was altogether pretty glorious.

***There's still more to this review, but it's still pretty long to copy and paste the rest of it here :sweatingbullets: 

Full review: https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/02/06/flash-review-im-not-a-robot/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1