Quantcast

[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that I am Not a Robot has ended, I feel compelled to give my mini review. Of course, I am not a qualified critic by any measure, so all my opinions are just that.   My background:  

Hi, everyone! You may feel unfamiliar with me, because yes, this is my first post ever in this thread. I'd been lurking silently, giggling and enjoying this thread and since the drama has officia

It is time to say relunctantly goodbye to this drama and to posters who camped here and shared their deep insights, BTS pics/ gifs, scenes translations, MVs, fanarts, laughs and jokes etc. My k-drama

Posted Images

Any Filipino fans of IANAR, please watch it again when it airs on ABSCBN, and help it become a huge success in the Philippines :) 

*EDIT: Also any fans living in Japan, watch it when it airs over there and make it a hit too! :)

Spoiler

Looking forward to the announcements of the other 25 countries that bought the rights to air IANAR :) Glad it's so well loved internationally :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HELLO!  this is RELATED TO IANR FAN MEEETING OF YSH's PHILIPPINES FANS CLUBS CAN YOU HELP THEM GUYS!

HELLO EVERYONE THE LURKERS DON'T DELURK!

PLEASE HELP our FELLOW YSH FANS from the PHILIPPINES to achieve their goals in the petition RY8JllJ.jpg

They already have 2,199 Signatures. They still need 801 SIGNATURES please help GUYS! LOVE YOU!

HERE'S THE LINK TO THE PETITION! 

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/yoo-seung-ho-manila-philippines-fan-meeting#.WmQLu88kDCw.facebook

BIG THANKS TO ALL!!! :heart:

On 2018/2/4 at 8:39 AM, lale85 said:

Hi to all of you :) is this like a longer version of the drama? As in with longer scenes? 

Hello, Can you post the blu-ray /dvd survey  link  on  facebook? My facebook  account was sealed......

On 2018/2/4 at 8:39 AM, lale85 said:

Hi to all of you :) is this like a longer version of the drama? As in with longer scenes? 

Hello, Can you post the blu-ray /dvd survey  link  on  facebook? My facebook  account was sealed......

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I would like to ask for your cooperation to sign up for the D-cut survey. It seems like the INAR D-cut team is very disappointed with the outcome of the survey. Signing up for the survey doesn't mean that you will really purchase the D-cut but it would really be a big help for the final decision in pushing through with the D-cut production. :dissapointed_relieved:

Thank you so much in advance!:heart:

• Thanks 1
On 29.3.2018 at 8:01 AM, MeandmyCraziness said:

Hi guys. I would like to ask for your cooperation to sign up for the D-cut survey. It seems like the INAR D-cut team is very disappointed with the outcome of the survey. Signing up for the survey doesn't mean that you will really purchase the D-cut but it would really be a big help for the final decision in pushing through with the D-cut production. :dissapointed_relieved:

Thank you so much in advance!:heart:

Hi hi, 

no worries, i have just sent the email, though i have sent it before via my other email account. Hope this help to boost up the numbers! :heart:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pre-order period is only 10 days. if the number of buyers fail to meet the required number for  production of the blue-rays, we  will fail to buy it. If you want to get the BlueRay for I'm Not A Robot, please don't hesitate.

• 1 year later...

Started watching this yesterday and I'm beginning to see why the ratings were on the low side. The acting of the lead male could be considered over acting and irritating. The early jokes about breast size and the placement of Aji 3's battery pack was most probably not well received by many people. But having said that I like Chae Soo Bin as Cho Ji-ah.

Binge watched the final 8 episodes and while I still find the lead male irritating, I find the drama quite entertaining and honestly surprised why it did not do well in South Korea. I checked and it has quite a high rating in Viki. My favorite scene was when Ji-a spoke her heart out to the guy after the guy was in the process of leaving her for good. The power of saying I love you has been proven time and time again and this wasn’t an exception. I also find the kiss much better than most kdramas I’ve watched. 

• 5 months later...

Hello. This is my first post here.  I watched this this Spring during covid lockdown because of Yoo Seung Ho, and became even a bigger fan of his.  

I watched most of his adult works and I must say that I like him most in IANAR.

Hi  @Bojun you wrote that you found him overacting,  which I am surprise to hear.  He started acting when he was 7 so he is a natural. He used to be called Korea's little brother.  Can you specify which scene felt overacting?

As for me, after reading dramabeans commentaries and viewer reviews,  I realized all the more why I love IANAR so much, and more specifically, why I became fascinated by the depth of emotions I witnessed through YSH's acting in this drama. 

On the surface, this drama sounds silly and UNREALISTIC.   About a man falling in love with a robot???  But the more you watch,  you realize its not about a robot.   No, this drama is about a human monster who falls in love  with a robot-like woman and starts healing.  Sounds familiar?  Yes, like Beauty and the Beast. 

Like that Beast, MK was imprisoned in his castle unable to interact with others for 15 years.  YSH portrayed such a character.   A child like monster.  Socially awkward and scared to show his weakness to others.  This monster,  after meeting Jia, starts opening up. But the process isn't easy.(SPOILER)

When the truth comes out (epu 25): that all the new found freedom and love were based on lies, the monster returns ever so furiously.  Rawwrring in pain, bleeding tears (literally). Next episode, we witness a Shakespearean type of monologue.  He was baring his soul: I am angry because I love you.

For me, he deserves standing ovation for that kind of acting. 

And slowly,  through much love,  open dialogue and forgiveness,  true healing begins.   I watched in total awe at this transformation.   It was a true metamorphosis.   The monster became a prince charming.

And Jia, she truly was like Bell,  independent and assertive.   This drama at first, felt like diminishing women to robot like relationships.  But in the end,  it was about women's power,  and how they are able, through dialogue,  to fix and change the world