Quantcast
Berou

[Drama 2017-2018] I am not a Robot, 로봇이 아니

7 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

I'm still crying every time I hear the OST..Can someone here help me?!? :unsure:

Congrats, you are perfectly normal.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8

I've read on the characters' description that apparently Butler Sung would only leave when KMK has a woman to take care of him in his stead? I haven't watched in full the last two episodes yet, but I don't think I've seen the Butler leave. Right now that MK has JA I bet he did. If that's not the case (and the character description is wrong), I would've still liked some more screen time of him with MK.

One of the things I wished they fleshed out a bit more was Butler Sung. I wanted to know who he is, why he is so dedicated to MK, how his relationship with MK's father was, if he really is Madam X. I would've wanted to see him become a father figure to MK, walk him down the aisle, etc. I had hoped to see MK discover everything about the Butler and for once, not feel betrayed but grateful. If only we have 4 more episodes....

• Like 12

35 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Hiya. I took a listen to that section, and I'm afraid that JA doesn't say "Oppa why are you like this" when the shot widens. MG had just called Ji Ah an onion who still had layers and layers to peel back. JA had protested that description saying that she had nothing further to reveal to him, that she had told him everything. MG continues to tease her that there must be more. JA responds that she doesn't have any, really.

In Korean, the phrase that she says when she says "there isn't any" consists of 3 syllables which I'll write phonetically "eop-da-gu" which which the background music could sound as if she was saying "oppa" something, especially since she's saying other things as well, before and after as well.

I kind of knew my ears were deceiving me, but I just wished that... well LOL I must be still on the drama high. :lol: Thank you so much for clarifying that for me. that scene was cute nevertheless~

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I know I said my last two posted translations were the last translations, but I was watching this clip and thinking how adorable the two of them are, so here is just one more translation after all. This is the conversation in the car between JA and MG he day before the press conference.

(JA in her room, thinking about MG just after she had just touched her heart lamp which lit up MG's lamp as well.)

JA: Because of the press conference tomorrow, he definitely won’t be sleeping. (phone rings) Yes, Why? What? Where did you say you were?

(JA runs out to MG's car and gets in.)
JA: When did you get here?
MG: A little while ago.
JA: Are you okay?
MG: (strokes her hair) Friend mode
JA: (striking the pose) Hey, why is your face all crumpled? Do you want me to iron it out with an iron? Who is it? Who did it? Bring them all around! I’ll take scold them all! (both laugh)
MG: (holding her cheeks) Ohh, so cute! You. Can’t go around being this cute elsewhere as well.
JA: The only person who tells me that I’m cute is you.
MG: Is that right? Where and what about you? (me: this is a saying meaning that everything is good about JA and nothing being wrong)
JA: That’s right. What about me?
MG: Among the women that I know, you’re the very cutest and the very prettiest.
JA: You don’t know that many women.
MG: Should I go and make some more known women? (me: He’s basically saying should he go meet more women so that he’ll know more women.)
JA: You’ll die. (MK chuckles) If I’m so cute, will you rate me a “pretty one” again?
MG: (shaking his head) No. No.
JA: Why is it a no?
MG: Above the “pretty one” level, there is one level higher, but that level is you.
JA: What is that?
MG: An onion “peel it, peel it, and still there is another layer” special level.
JA: Oh, I told you everything! I said I told everything to you.
MG: When? When? There is more.
JA: I told you everything on Mt. Hwangmae.
MG: Do you want to have it out?
JA: Oh really.
MG: I said there’s more. (me: this is when it goes to the wide shot)
JA: There isn’t any more. Really.
MG: I said there’s more. Don’t hit me.
JA: Oh?
JA: I’ll just glare then.
(both laugh, me: camera goes back to inside of the car)
MG: Oh. (they link hands)
JA: Do you feel a little better now?
MG: Thanks to you, I think I’ll be able to fight well tomorrow and win.
JA: In that fight, do you not need me? Do you want me to go to the back of that conference hall and stand there for you?
MG: No. It’s okay. I’ll go by myself. Wherever I am, you’re always going to be by my side.
(JA puckers up for MG to give her a kiss)
JA: Go and fight well, friend.
MG: I’ll fight well and come back, friend.

They are just so comfortable with each other, even having their own little jokes from the time when JA pretended to be AJ3 and thus going into "friend mode", the casual skinship, the teasing, the mock fights, the easy rapport, and the laughter. I think I could just be happy watching episodes 29,30 and 31,32 over and over again, and seeing JA and MG interact once they had confessed their feelings for each other. Seeing the two of them just gives me some warm fuzzies. :)

edit: *sigh* I still can't get used to 2 half episodes versus full 1 hour long episodes. :) 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, V said:

Thank you for a wonderful thread everyone! I had a really fun time on here with y'all and I hope to see you on some other threads in the future! :blush:

Thanks a lot chingu ... you lightened up our Wednesday & Thursday .. hope you success in what are you doing .. omoo i wanna cry .. pretty squad hug !!! :cold_sweat:

• Like 13
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, zzj1 said:

Congrats, you are perfectly normal.

That had me laughing, ahjussi! :lol: Komawo. 

And..loved your mini review btw! I love how you put it that IANAR is a love story done right in every way, because it truly is. It's just the right mix - from the OST to the actors to the plot, direction  and the whole production! Not too mushy and not too stale.

This will be surely remembered for a long time..and the memories we all shared here during our journey together with MK and JA will be treasured as well.  :) 

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, swagpuppysong said:

That had me laughing, ahjussi! :lol: Komawo. 

And..loved your mini review btw! I love how you put it that IANAR is a love story done right in every way, because it truly is. It's just the right mix - from the OST to the actors to the plot, direction  and the whole production! Not too mushy and not too stale.

This will be surely remembered for a long time..and the memories we all shared here during our journey together with MK and JA will be treasured as well.  :) 

I thought that was the best way to sum up my feelings about it. IANAR does not have earth-shattering moments, grandiose plot elements or big budget set pieces going for it. It's not a piece of grade A5 Wagyu steak served with caviar, but a simple bowl of ramen in winter with all the ingredients in perfect proportion and harmony, which makes it a work of beauty and passion.

My mini review is my way of saying goodbye to this rare drama and closing that particular door. I'm sure I will be reopening it when I get my wife to binge watch it soon enough, and I'll be there with her watching it all over again. 

EDIT: I'm listening to the OST on repeat while working now (yes I'm at work while typing all this stuff, lucky for me I'm sort of the boss around here :D , so yeah)

• Like 20
  • LOL 3

:blush::blush:

This ^^ is how was all through episode 32, and also while reading the comments on here (although I did tear up a little :cry: because its like well... the end).

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

They are just so comfortable with each other, even having their own little jokes from the time when JA pretended to be AJ3 and thus going into "friend mode", the casual skinship, the teasing, the mock fights, the easy rapport, and the laughter. I think I could just be happy watching episodes 15 and 16 over and over again, and seeing JA and MG interact once they had confessed their feelings for each other. Seeing the two of them just gives me some warm fuzzies. :)

Yes! And I loved all the pouty faces that MK made - Just way too cute! 

Honorable mentions. Beautiful sister in law (I'm glad they included us in on her giving birth), and super adorable Jo Dong Hyun.  I just want to hug her. :)

The ending also left me with cuddly warm fuzzies.  Thank you Writer Nim for wrapping everything up with a warm fuzzy bow on top. I can't believe its the end.

I'm with everyone else in that I truly hope to see these two work together again. A Sageuk would be great, but a fictional one. MUST HAVE HAPPY ENDING.

To the pretty squad: Thanks for making this so fun - from the little bets, to the live translations, RICE BALLS!!:lol:. Many times I found myself just laughing out loud while reading some of these posts, and having my daughters look at me strangely lol!

I actually joined the soompi community halfway through BTIMFL. If I had known what a fun community this was, I would have joined a long time ago. It's so nice to chat with people that have the same level of excitement for a show. 

Thanks everyone!!!:heart::heart:

btw,  @zzj1  You're a good man!! 

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest moo1304

reading what u guys posted makes me more in denial that this drama already finished..

i still refused to watch ep 31&32 in eng sub, cuz i feel like it will be a farewell to the drama :(

i hope that the drama production team knows that we value this drama so much although the rating is not good in korea, and they're not disappointing us because they really deliver us with a good drama,good casts and good writing.

btw, i love the BTS stills from the last kiss scene, YSH smile is contagious!! and poor them must be very cold!

i would like YSH n CSB to do a drama together in summer, though i dont think we will see them soon..

i hope they get a good rest!(esp CSB, cause in 2017 she did 3 dramas+1drama special)

and i saw her post saying she lost her precious dog 2 weeks ago, poor her..

EDIT:

lt's rewatch all the kiss scenes!

Regarding Madam X, I think she's just some loyal ex-employee of MG's dad just like Butler, after the demise of MG's parents it looks like she indirectly and Butler directly took care of MG as afterall a kid cannot single-handedly take care of himself, I think their characters explanation scene got cut out due to time constraint. 

I keep lurking around ep 31, don't want to watch yet as once I do it would mean the show is really over tho its a different matter that I did watch already through livestreaming:D

I hope Kdrama gods bless us with another rom-com this good asap.

@stroppyse you seem to have gotten addicted to translating, I just hope it isn't as serious as Hanyang's. 

• Like 11

Guest moo1304

OTP with casting director! im glad she casted the right persons!

2 hours ago, zzj1 said:

I thought that was the best way to sum up my feelings about it. IANAR does not have earth-shattering moments, grandiose plot elements or big budget set pieces going for it. It's not a piece of grade A5 Wagyu steak served with caviar, but a simple bowl of ramen in winter with all the ingredients in perfect proportion and harmony, which makes it a work of beauty and passion.

My mini review is my way of saying goodbye to this rare drama and closing that particular door. I'm sure I will be reopening it when I get my wife to binge watch it soon enough, and I'll be there with her watching it all over again. 

EDIT: I'm listening to the OST on repeat while working now (yes I'm at work while typing all this stuff, lucky for me I'm sort of the boss around here :D , so yeah)

Listen to OST is a post-drama syndrome ,me too keep listening and sneak out of time in office watched their cute BTS .. too bad i'm only a slave here :wink:  your write up was so beautiful sir .. hehe :D Happy PSD chingu .. i will watched finale tonight and rewatched from Ep. 1 this weekend. Thanks Astro PVR .. my life saver :bawling:

• Like 10

Chae Soo Bin, Yoo Seung Ho, And Uhm Ki Joon Bid Farewell To “I Am Not A Robot”

Chae-Soo-Bin-Yoo-Seung-Ho-Uhm-Ki-Joon1.j

With MBC’s “I Am Not a Robot” coming to an end on January 25, Yoo Seung Ho, Chae Soo Bin, and Uhm Ki Joon gave their final thoughts on the drama.

“I Am Not a Robot” was a romantic comedy that told the story of a man who has an allergy to humans and a woman who has to pretend to be a robot. The drama ended with high praise for the actors and viewers enjoyed the sweet story that unfolded.

Yoo Seung Ho called the drama, “A heartwarming drama that warmed everyone up this cold winter,” and said, “As this was my first time being in a romantic comedy, I worried a lot about my character and how I should portray him, and I think that has helped me grow and learn a lot as an actor. The time I spent as Min Kyu will remain with me for a long time as happy and meaningful memories. I was happy to have the honor of working with such a great director and crew, and I also want to thank the actors who worked alongside me. Finally, I want to thank all our viewers who gave us their unwavering love and support.”

Yoo-Seung-Ho-Chae-Soo-Bin3.jpg

Chae Soo Bin also opened up about her experience and said, “I was happy to have played a part in creating this heartwarming drama. ‘I Am Not a Robot’ has been a new experience for me. It’s the first time that I played two roles simultaneously, and the first time I played a robot. Though I was worried about taking on such a role for the first time, I was able to enjoy my time on set thanks to everyone around me. Most of all, I gained a lot of strength from our viewers who supported us, and we were able to wrap up the drama on a high. I hope this drama will remain a warm memory in the hearts of people who stayed with us till the end.”

Uhm-Ki-Joon1.jpg

Uhm Ki Joon talked about his time on the drama and stated, “I had so much fun playing a role that wasn’t a bad guy for the first time in a while. It was a great experience. I hope to greet you again with another great project in the future. Till then, stay healthy and happy.”

I-Am-Not-a-Robot2.jpgSource: https://www.soompi.com/2018/01/26/chae-soo-bin-yoo-seung-ho-uhm-ki-joon-bid-farewell-not-robot/

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess most of you are like me now,suffering the effects of post kdrama ending.One of the effects is replaying the OSTs over and over again.Here's some covers of the OSTs that I found on youtube.Looks like most of them are doing the covers of the 3rd and 4th OST.Of course there's more.So if you can't get enough of the OSTs,why not try listening to some covers instead of just the original:)

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

I love reading all these netizens' comments. IANAR is loved by Koreans actually. 

Just finish watching the last two episodes with Engsub. Aaaah this drama is amazing and the ending is SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL I CAAAAAANNNN'TTTT. This writer is everything! Gomawooo MBC, casts, crew, writernim and pdnim. And also for chingus here, you are daevvvvvaaaak! I need to backread now.

Things that need to be highlighted;

1. No proposal scene but Ji Ah wore the necklace! So subtle and heartwarming.

2. In the last scene in ep. 32, KMG got enlisted as his allergy is cured. Mirroring the very first scene in ep. 1. And it also turned out that he bought all Ji Ah's previous inventions. OMG! They are just destined from the start!

3. In the 2 years, everyone was doing a great job; not just waiting for KMG without doing nothing.

4. Ssanip finally got a girl! hahaha. He frequently spoke English and in the end he got an englishwoman. Aaah sooo delighting.

5. That scene of Sun Hye and Hoktal in the cinema.hahaha. with Ssanip throwing popcorn, really mirrors what KMG imagined before (the one with Ri El)

6. Ri El and Yoo Cheol finally got together! Omoooonaaa so happy.

7. Pi and BG finally got together as well and they both changed their hairdos hahaha.

8. Santa Maria Team came back with a new robot, a male one. They didn't show us the face but by showing only the back part, I am already happy. It is so subtle but really confirming that they are advanced in this robot industry.

9. YC's Dad in the jail. Yeep you deserved to be there.

10. The 'secret' mirrorring between MG and Dong Hyun. First, DH asked MG to keep secret about how they met. Then, MG asked DH to keep secret that JA was the woman he liked so much. So adorable!

11. We got a baby! So happy that they finally showed us the delivery scene of Hong Joo.

12. Jin Bae hyung and MG. Omooo they are so adorable when starting to call 'hyung' and 'Min Kyu'.

13. The ending scene while everyone was waiting inside (not shown but JA said it, so relieving) and JA was welcoming MG. That was a looooong kiss btw hahaha. I notice that the umbrella and bag were moving, so they mustn't have frozen it. I wonder how they did the filming. Salute them for staying in that cold night, with that pose, for such a long time as well.

14. MG looked at the family photo and said that he wanted to meet JA's appa. Aaaah so heartwarming.

15. The umbrella made an appearance again, now the blue one. It is also mirroring their first kiss. First kiss; JA said 'this time is when we must kiss' and JA pressed the button. The last kiss; MG did it all.

16. MG found and saw all the sketches of JA's invention, making him love JA more.

17. YC and the butler. Aaah so glad thatthe butler had a talk with him about their childhood.

18. YC and MG reunited. Finally after 15 years!

19. MG and YC Appa's convo in the jail. I love how MG said "you and my appa were separated as enemies, but YC and I are different." another mirroring. You're rocks, MG!

20. When Pi and BG were dating in that game zone, Pi said that the winner would pay for the movie and she would be the winner so she could pay for it. Pi also asked BG out first, so sunhye-like! I adore you more!

21. How cute it is that they celebrated Ssanip-the-only-one-who-wasnt-dating instead of the main casts? hahaha. This family is soo lovely. KMG, you really have got a family now!

22. In ep. 27, KMG touched the heartlamp while in the last ep., JA did it. Another mirroring! 

This drama IS LOVE! Everything about this drama is LOVEEEEEE! They really paid attention to every single detail! Indeed, IANAR is a warm drama to accompany you passing through this cold winter.

*sorry for listing them randomly, chingu.hehe

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Guest moo1304

beautiful shots, i love this, so i post the image only

cr. 8neo9ri instagram

26863234_1407149949410716_2009860363121590272_n.jpg

26353405_187964121792273_7918400606841077760_n.jpg

26070211_2030433340560811_2179430121553788928_n.jpg

25038417_1786782988290344_2332984681378611200_n.jpg

25038744_1406960736098145_3097925791384600576_n.jpg

26157056_554836748202391_8721213729145880576_n.jpg

26183509_346554832419620_7849291464902180864_n.jpg

11 hours ago, k8telyn said:

Sorry, I didn't have a chance to go through all the pages yet. :blush: I think I will probably be crying listening to all the OSTs.

Ok, why is my heart feeling so heavy? sniff sniff  Why am I feeling like I'm losing a friend? :bawling:

oh, it's ok!! who wuld say no to the repost of such MV and OST?!! :wink::love: I feel you!! I'm the same!! :bawling: I'm not ready to say goodbye yet!! :bawling:

@USAFarmgirl your words always touch my heart deeply!! :heart::thumbsup: why did you need to make me cry (again) now!! :bawling:

now :wub::love::blush:

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, haney207 said:

omo omo I am waiting all day to see this photo :tongue:

I FEEL YOU CHINGUUUU. GAAAAH THANK YOUUUUU. Read that YSH came late and left earlier last night but THIS PIC REALLY SAVES MY DAAAAAYYY.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1