Admin

MBC presents 

I'm not a Robot 

로봇이 아니야 

Chae-Soo-Bin-Yoo-Seung-Ho-Shes-Not-a-Rob

DRAMA: I'm Not a Robot (literal title)

REVISED ROMANISATION: Roboshi Aniya

HANGUL: 로봇이 아니야

DIRECTOR: Jung Dae Yoon (Arang and the magistrate, She was pretty, W)

WRITER: Kim Seon Mi (Shine or go crazy), Lee Suk Joon

PRODUCER: Yoo Hyun Jong ( The Greatest love, The king's doctor, Radiant office, Happy home)

PLANNING: Han Hee ( Radiant office, Man who lives to die, Hospital Ship)

PRODUCTION COMPANY : May Queen Pictures

NETWOR: MBC

EPISODES: 16 episodes

RELEASE DATE: 6th December

RUNTIME :  wed & thurs

PLOT 

“I Am Not a Robot” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of a man who can’t date because he is allergic to people. He finds himself turning to a robot and falling in love, but the robot is actually a woman pretending to be one

MAIN CAST 

Yoo Seung Ho as Kim Mingyu  (28 years old) 

1.jpg

Perfect from head to toe with an IQ of 157, Kim Min Kyu is head of Korea’s biggest financial company (KM), with such severe allergies that he lives in a sterile environment, devoid even of humans. However, there is a lot of mystery surrounding him, as he lives alone in a veil of residence, living alone in a mansion like a castle. He’s never had the experience of falling in love until he meets a girl robot one day 

Eom Ki Joon as  Hong Baek Gyun (34 years old) 

3.jpgUhm-Ki-Joon2.jpg

Jo Ji Ah’s ex-boyfriend Hong Baek Gyun is a world-renown genius robotic engineer. In the drama, he secretly creates the world’s most advanced AI android robot “Aji3.”  He is the man who is instrumental in Kim Mingyu finding love in the female robot. But the genius robot professor is a bumbling novice himself in the ways of romance.(cr: dramabeans)

Chae Soo Bin as Jo Ji Ah (28 years old) /Aji3 

2.jpg4.jpg

Jo Ji Ah is a passionate and energetic young entrepreneur who possesses an extremely high EQ (emotional intelligence) and whose dream is to make things that people need. Her ex-boyfriend Baek Gyun, a robotic engineer, asks her to act as a robot part-time.(cr: soompi)

The robot 'Aji3' is the most up-to-date humanoid robot among the artificial intelligence models released to the world. It is programmed to try to understand human being, so it is a character who is curious about human being. 'Aji3' delivers precise and fast information based on the input program, and it also enables emotional communication with humans. It can identify the person's current condition, the color of his heart, the color of his voice, and the person's mood by decibel

SUPPORTING CAST 

KM FINANCIAL 

Kang Ki-Young - Hwang Yoo-Cheol (28 years old)

200_150_g.jpg

He is KM Financial representative,  possible FM Financial future president and Kim Mingyu's  best friend and childhood friend. In fact, Yu and Min Kyu were friends and close friends who attended the same school with Ri El. He is the reason why Kim Min Kyu will suffer later on.

Hwang Seung-Un - Ye Ri-El (28 years old)

200_150_y.jpg

she is Mingyu's first love and a natural born lady who has a great beauty. Yoo Chul, Min Kyu and Riel went from kindergarten to high school at a prestigious school.

Son Byung-Ho - Hwang Do-Won

200_150_gs.jpg

Min-kyu's father and the president of the company

Lee Byung-Joon - Ye Sung-Tae

200_150_y.jpg

Ri-El's father and one of the founders of the company

Lee Hae Young - Yoon Jeon-moo

200_150_sisiy.jpg

KM Group Managing Director

PEOPLE AROUND KIM MIN KYU 

Kim Ha-Kyun - Butler Sung

200_150_jj.jpg

He doesn't know of Min Kyu's illness. He just thought that Min Kyu strangely changed after the accident. So he does manage the house according to Min Kyu's words blindly and decided that he will leave this house only on the day there will be a woman who will take care of Min Kyu in his stead.  translation cr: @sakura2016

Eom Hyo-Seop - Doctor Oh

200_150_dc.jpg

Currently, the only person who knows about Min Kyu's 'allergy'. The first time he saw Min Gyu was 13 years ago, a sick boy blocked his way late at night while heading home. The boy was Min Kyu. He knows better than anyone about how to deal with Min Kyu who gets worse as growing up. He knows how to take/deal with Min Kyu no matter how frustrating he is.

translation cr: @sakura2016

SANTA MARIA TEAM

Park Se-Wan - Pi

Park-Se-Wan.jpg

She is a 30-year-old famous researcher in both Korea and abroad who studies fusion. Her nickname, Pi, was given to her as she has a habit of reciting all the digits of Pi to empty her thoughts. She never portrays emotion outwardly and  she always wears the same facial expression ( cr: soompi)

Song Jae Ryong - Hok Tal

Song-Jae-Ryong.jpg

He gets his nickname as he resembles the main character from “Planet of the Apes” (Hok Tal is a shortened version of ‘Planet of the Apes’ in Korean). Gifted with a brilliant mind, he is a researcher that is in charge of engines and hardware. Because he has never dated before, he treats Aji-3 like a princess and is very attached to it ( cr: soompi).

Kim Min Kyu - Ssan Ip 

Kim-Min-Kyu2.jpg

His research focus is in software, specifically sensors. Although he usually looks like a zombie, he has an unwavering ability to focus on his work. He shoots down a lot of Hok Tal’s attempts at humor, and got the nickname Ssan Ip as he is unable to keep secrets. (Ssan Ip literally translates to “cheap mouth.”) ( cr: soompi). 

PEOPLE AROUND JO JI AH

Seo Dong-Won - Jin-Bae (30 years old)

200_150_opp.jpg

Ji-ah's older brother who is the research team leader of KM Financial

Lee Min-Ji - Sun-Hye (28 years old)

200_150_ddss.jpg

Ji-ah's friend who is a cafe owner.

Yoon So Mi - Hong Ju ( 28 years old) 

200_150_h.jpg

Ji-ah's schoolmate friend and Jin-bae's wife

EXTENDED CAST 

Kim Ki-Doo - Miami

Choi Dong Gu - Alps

SOURCES SITES  

|NAVER||FACEBOOK||DC||TWITTER||imbc/mbc official website||WIKIPEDIA|

|ASIANWIKI|||HANCINEMA||Dramabeans||mbc @gongbly_maker|

|Chae Soo Bin's instagram||Uhm ki Joon's instagram||Kang Ki-Young's IG|

|Hwang Seung Un's IG||Park Se Wan's IG|

|NAVER|

TEASERS 

FIRST TEASERS

Spoiler

1st version 

2nd version 

3rd version

4th version 

5th version 

PREVIEW

Spoiler

SCRIPT READING 

Spoiler

robot_photo171102164542imbcdrama10.jpg

robot_photo171102164558imbcdrama10.jpg

robot_photo171102164558imbcdrama12.jpg

robot_photo171102164558imbcdrama11.jpg

robot_photo171102164558imbcdrama14.jpg

robot_photo171102165446imbcdrama10.jpg

robot_photo171102162106imbcdrama10.jpg

robot_photo171102162555imbcdrama10.jpg

robot_photo171102162106imbcdrama12.jpg

robot_photo171102162106imbcdrama11.jpg

robot_photo171102162046imbcdrama12.jpg

robot_photo171102162046imbcdrama11.jpg

robot_photo171102162046imbcdrama10.jpg

robot_photo171102162106imbcdrama13.jpg

RELATIONSHIP CHART 

cast.png

POSTERS 

Spoiler

notarobot_1.jpg

humanrobot2.jpg

PRESS CONFERENCE 

Spoiler

ELgMPJr3hP7h636479957583993656.jpg&key=a

G4ikFkchz6Ip636479963594388378.jpg&key=6

f0hexKydENic636479951566262584.jpg&key=f

WXNo71NehFEr636479984312062747.jpg&key=7

s9baBMlaTTrJ636479985674927579.jpg&key=c

BGNXlggrdBnZ636479966229489562.jpg&key=9

YtThbZYoITFp636479959411095064.jpg&key=2

CASTING/PRODUCTION NEWS 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09/yoo-seung-ho-cast-in-his-first-ever-romantic-comedy-im-not-a-robot

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/09/yoo-seung-ho-and-eom-ki-joon-to-bumble-in-love-together-in-im-not-a-robot/

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/09/20/yoo-seung-ho-confirms-mbc-rom-com-not-robot-chae-soo-bin-still-talks/

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/26/chae-soo-bin-and-uhm-ki-joon-casted-in-yoo-seung-hos-upcoming-mbc-drama/

http://koalasplayground.com/2017/11/08/first-drama-meeting-yoo-seung-ho-chae-soo-bin-new-stills-not-robot/

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/cheeky-meta-teasers-for-im-not-a-robots-three-leads/

SOOMPI RULES FOR 01.Soompi code of conduct | KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

04.Those who are caught breaking the posting to the respective companies instead of be report or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.Kdrama.com complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should lately.02.Any01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, 

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Edited by Admin
  • Like 3

• Guest locked this topic

I Am Not a Robot

DHXMDPOVwAA8FsL.jpg

Working Title: I'm Not a Robot <로봇이 아니야>

Genre:  romance, comedy, fantasy

Director: Jung Dae Yoon [She Was Pretty, W]

Writer: Kim Seon Mi [Shine or Go Crazy] & Lee Seok Joon

Episodes: 

Network: MBC

Production: 

Airing date: November 2017 - 16 November 2017

Filming process: live shooting

Story

A man has never had a girlfriend due to his allergy of other people. He meets a robot and falls in love with the robot.

Main Cast

Yoo Seung Ho as Kim Min Gyu

DHXCJjcUQAUNLwm.jpg

primary stockholder of a large financial company with a perfect face and perfect body. He's allergic to human and never dated before.

• Like 12

Yoo Seung Ho Confirmed To Play Leading Role In Upcoming MBC Drama

Yoo-Seung-Ho1.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho is set to expand his acting repertoire into the world of romantic comedies as it has been confirmed that he will play the leading man in MBC’s upcoming drama “I Am Not a Robot” (literal title).

“I Am Not a Robot” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of a man who can’t date because he is allergic to people. He finds himself turning to a robot and falling in love, but the robot is actually a woman pretending to be one.  Yoo Seung Ho will play the role of Kim Min Kyu, who is perfect from head to toe and the head of Korea’s biggest financial company.

Yoo Seung Ho has already proven himself as a great actor through various productions, the most recent being MBC’s “Ruler: Master of the Mask.” He had previously been reported to have been offered a role for MBC’s “I Am Love,” (literal title), but it seems he decided to go with “I Am Not a Robot” as his next project as he hopes to show a new and comical side of himself.

Anticipation is ramping up for the drama as “I Am Not a Robot” will bring together Yoo Seung Ho and producing director Jung Dae Yoon, who has worked on productions like “W” and “She Was Pretty.” The script will be written by screenwriters Kim Sun Mi and Lee Seok Joon, and the drama is set to begin airing later on this year.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/19/yoo-seung-ho-confirmed-play-leading-role-upcoming-mbc-drama/

• Like 12

• Guest unlocked this topic

Yoo Seung Ho cast in his first ever romantic comedy, 'I'm Not a Robot'!

yoo-seung-ho.jpg

Actor Yoo Seung Ho will be taking on his first ever romantic comedy since debut, through upcoming MBC drama 'I'm Not a Robot'!

The drama is about a man who is allergic to humans and is therefore a 'motae-solo' (someone who's never dated before). He coincidentally meets a woman who pretends she is a robot, and they fall in love. 

Yoo Seung Ho's role will be that of Kim Min Gyu, the primary stockholder of a large company with a perfect face and perfect body (except... he's allergic to humans). He will be working with director Jung Dae Yoon of 'She Was Pretty' and 'W'.

Who do you want to see cast as the female lead alongside Yoo Seung Ho?

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/09/yoo-seung-ho-cast-in-his-first-ever-romantic-comedy-im-not-a-robot

• Like 8

I'm SO happy and excited for this drama :w00t: FINALLY Yoo Seung Ho in a rom-com and I can't wait to see him showing another side of him through this drama and role!! YOO SEUNG HO, FINGHTING!! :heart: 

Yoo Seung-ho and Eom Ki-joon to bumble in love together in I’m Not a Robot

by tineybeanie

eomkijoon1a.jpg

Well, this is certainly a departure from his last role as an insidious murderer. After turning down Four Men, Eom Ki-joon (Defendant) has confirmed that he’ll be joining the cast of sci-fi romance drama I’m Not a Robot as a robotics professor. Yoo Seung-ho (Ruler—Master of the Mask) plays the main character, a man with such severe allergies that he lives in a sterile environment, devoid even of humans. Thus, he’s never had the experience of falling in love until he meets a girl robot one day.

Spoiler

Eom Ki-joon is set to play the man who is instrumental in Yoo Seung-ho finding love in the female robot. But since the genius robot professor is a bumbling novice himself in the ways of romance, I can only imagine how many funny scenarios will result from the two men trying to learn the ways of women through this robot. The female lead will be played by Chae Soo-bin(Strongest Deliveryman), whose character is described as a young woman with a great depth of mechanical knowledge (due to her father who runs a car center) who plans on opening her own business.

I can’t wait for this to happen. Eom Ki-joon is a great casting choice for any drama because he’s such a versatile actor. But the way he’s described here, as a professor who is super competent at everything except love, takes me back to when I first discovered him in Dream High. In that role, he was the perfect balance of earnest, sweet, and completely clueless about any of the love hints Lee Yoon-ji threw at him. And while I enjoyed his performance as a creepy charismatic killer, I’m hoping I’ll see that cute naive side of him again.

MBC’s Wednesday-Thursday drama I’m Not a Robot will premiere in November after the end of Hospital Ship.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/09/yoo-seung-ho-and-eom-ki-joon-to-bumble-in-love-together-in-im-not-a-robot/

and I can't wait to see his bromance with Eom Ki Joon discovering love together!! that would be great!! :D:wub: 

• Like 9

Ahhhhhh!!! Yes! There is a page for the drama!

It's my Mr. Sexy Everything!! :wub::wub::wub::wub: so excited to see him back onscreen and with a different genre. I cannot wait to see a lighter, funnier side to him! He said he wanted to give romantic comedy a try. So exciting!

I have been crying with him every time i watch his melo dramas. Now, i will get to laugh at his silliness too. Can't wait!!! :wub:

@Berou we will get to watch another YSH drama together! :D *dances*

Calling my buddies: sorry I couldn't remember everyone haha. Do find your way here for those I missed :tongue:

@sakura2016 @joyspartace @maryofbethany @kaoriharang @ktcjdrama @faye406 @herina_90 @googleme @rittoo @YourHighness . @Bambiina @evie7 @alekaonu @julie721 @WoozyPrincess @bluefish @mindstar @jakey09 @Kissy13

Let's watch YSH onscreen again! :wub:

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@vangsweetie637 hhhhhhhhhh I was about to edit my post to tag you and some of our chingudeul in Ruler thread but you're here and did the job for me!! :wink::D I'll add @findit @kentangbakar @hyania @kiko11 @rhaps chingudeul too!! :D 

I'm sooooo excited for so many reasons:

1. it's Yoo Seung Ho's 1st rom-com and we never saw him in anything like this so it's more exciting :D 
  2. it's Yoo Sung Ho's 1st collaboration with W's director and actor Eom Ki Joon which adds to my excitement :D 
  3. many of us from Ruler thread will be reunited to watch another drama of our Mr. Sexy Everything which makes me soooooo happy!! :D 

let's hope and pray for the drama to be a great one!! Fighting!! :w00t::wub: 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

^_^ @sakura2016 lol and I see that you also tagged more of our Ruler crew :D i couldn't remember everyone. It will be so fun to reunite with the Ruler crew alongside meeting new friends too! :D

Ikr. Im so excited! I can't wait to see him in a whole new genre especially one that is his first time starring in. Drama gods really listened when he pointed out he wanted to do a Rom Com :)

I don't think there is a release date yet right?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

@vangsweetie637 right :D andI'm so happy that he got his wish (and ours  :tongue:) :D 

it's set to take over Hospital Ship on November :D 

Exactly chingu. I hope they give us more than bare shoulders this time..and maybe add some water too. Oopss..i got carried away :lol::lol:

Ah, after HS. So we have about 2 months left then. I will assume it is going to be live shooting again? I rem how much weight he lost in Ruler :( Please take care of YSH! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Exactly chingu. I hope they give us more than bare shoulders this time..and maybe add some water too. Oopss..i got carried away :lol::lol:

Ah, after HS. So we have about 2 months left then. I will assume it is going to be live shooting again? I rem how much weight he lost in Ruler :( Please take care of YSH! 

hhhhhhhhhh I can hope for water :wink: but don't think we'll see more than he already showed us :lol: what a shame hhhhhh

I think (hope) it would be better than it was with Ruler: Ruler was supposed to be a pre-produced drama but for some reason they ended up changing that midway and filming for 7 months till the drama's final week :huh:-that's worst than live shooting actually :rolleyes::unamused: add to it Yoo Seung Ho was almost in every scene of the drama: he was everywhere and had scenes with every single person in the cast (like literally) so when others had time to rest he was working on other scenes with the actors who had a rest as well without having much rest himself (I feel sad and mad all over again now :()!! let's hope this drama's shooting will go well with him and everyone else!! :) 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Hi chingu :D I can't wait to have more updates of the drama and we spazz about it!! :D 

you just copy and paste just like I did here :D 

Yoo Seung-ho joins cast of ‘I’m Not a Robot’

Sept 21,2017

20223133.jpg (so love this pic :wub:)

Yoo Seung-ho has been cast in the leading role of the upcoming MBC romantic comedy drama “I’m Not a Robot,” which will premiere in October. The drama is about a man with severe allergies to humans who falls in love with a woman who pretends she is a robot. 

Yoo recently had a role in the MBC period drama, “Ruler: Master of the Mask,” which concluded in July. In contrast to the tough guy character he played the historical drama, he will play a cheerful and funny character in “I’m Not a Robot.” This is Yoo’s first romantic comedy drama. 

Meanwhile, Jung Dae-yoon, director of successful MBC dramas “She Was Pretty” and “W” will be at the helm for the fall series. 

By Hong You-kyoung

• Like 4

I know there are naysayers about the drama, hugely because of MBC but I am so looking forward to YSH in a romcom. I think he will be so adorable and praying hard he will deliver and shed off the melo guy image he has. 

He will be acting as a perfect man, what act.. just be himself cos he is perfect! And I know he will do it with style. And @sakura2016, I also can't wait to see him in those dapper suits. He will be smoking hot!

I thnk this will be a better drama than even Ruler (tho I will always have a soft spot for Ruler because of SHySHy couple) because the director did She was Pretty (which I loved) and W (which I loved the first half, but frustrated at the last few episodes when it got OTT). I am not familiar with most screenwriters but I read somewhere that one is an experienced writer, the second one maybe a newbie. I trust the combination will deliver.

But still, its so exciting!! 

Hope the filming wont be too tough on him since it is coming up shortly. But they have not confirmed the other cast except for YSH and Eom Ki-joon. Hope they do this soon!! Hwaiting!!

• Like 4