[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Amazing Boyfriend 2: Unforgettable Impression 我的奇妙男友 II

sugarplum892

I gave episode one a go due to my love for season 1.  It was okay, I am neither hating on it or impressed with it.  What I felt was the huge hole left by the previous lead actor and actress.  For me, personally, the new people cannot filled in their roles.  I knew this before starting to watch since the previous leads left a big impression from season one.  As for the new actress, her acting wise was decent for me, she tried her best to fill in the role of TJZ and with the help of the same voice actress from season 1, that helped a lot for me to imagine her as the main girl from season 1.  Also at certain angles, she kind of looked a bit like Janice Wu.  Except, her facial expressions doesn't have the brightness and expressiveness of Janice as TJZ.  When she have less make up on her face especially her eyes, she looked so dead and with no expression in her eyes.  I know she is supposed to be "sick" (due to her pregnancy), so the less make up especially on her eyes to project her that way.  I think if it was Janice, her eyes would not looked so dull and dead even with no make up on.  All I can say is this new actress did her best to fill in this role but couldn't fill in the holes left by the first actress from season 1.  

As for the new actor, it is hard to say since his character is a quick type, it is hard to express so much.  And the previous actor was a newbie in acting, though he did his best for the role and it kind of suited him since it was a character with few words and quiet type.  The new styling for Monster Xu in season 2, doesn't follows S1, so that kind of make it harder to see the new guy as the character.  The earring and the clothing.  I am more bothered about the earring as I can't imagine Monster Xu wearing that after watching season 1.  

As for now, from ep1, I couldn't see him as Monster Xu, his expressions was very dead as well.  I haven't seen his other acting in other drama.  I know Monster Xu is supposed to have few expressions, but I guess I am used to the previous actor's portrayal of him, so it is hard for me to see this new guy as him.  This new guy is kind of mature looking compared to the previous one, who is more boyish.  

Spoiler

And the new plot with like two new mutants ... not sure if I like that ... makes Monster Xu less special ... lol  

I don't think I will continued on with this new season due to my love for season 1 and the characters portrayed by previous actress and actor left such a deep impression.  Even though, I had wanted to see season 2 and know more about their baby after season 1.  But after finding out, the change in cast, I have been so disappointed.  I wished the production would have waited for both leads to be available, I would rather wait.

I still don't mind the change in actors, both are doing a great job and I miss nothing in this department. What I miss is a good script until now. Now there are "Monsters" everywhere what makes absolutely no sense and makes the premise of S1 kind of absurd.

Let's hope that the screenwriter and the production team found a good story while making the Drama. What a waste of potential at the moment.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:18 PM, usagi1997 said:

I still don't mind the change in actors, both are doing a great job and I miss nothing in this department. What I miss is a good script until now. Now there are "Monsters" everywhere what makes absolutely no sense and makes the premise of S1 kind of absurd.

Let's hope that the screenwriter and the production team found a good story while making the Drama. What a waste of potential at the moment.

I heard that the book also had the new monsters plotline. And that they show up trying to kidnap TJZ because she can procreate with their kind. 

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

ahh....i wonder how the baby came about? also it is because they were the 'special' hence the baby was a bit late in showing up?

That’s a good question, I believe if someone read the book it they would be he best person to answer this question.

Spoiler

Anyone who also thinks the baby is still alive and just got stolen? They always wanted it to make it’s leader and BL is in love with uncle, so she isn’t truly reliable saying the truth.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:08 AM, usagi1997 said:
  Hide contents

Anyone who also thinks the baby is still alive and just got stolen? They always wanted it to make it’s leader and BL is in love with uncle, so she isn’t truly reliable saying the truth.

I totally agree that Xue Chang An is alive. Hopefully, he will come in a dream to his mother and update her on his condition. That uncle's motive is not sincere. He is a person trying to play God. It will be sad for Grandfather that he adopted a guy that will harm his bloodline.

On 2/19/2019 at 7:34 PM, chisaholly said:

The new styling for Monster Xu in season 2, doesn't follows S1, so that kind of make it harder to see the new guy as the character. The earring and the clothing. I am more bothered about the earring as I can't imagine Monster Xu wearing that after watching season 1.

i agree... i can't see Monster Xu, all i see is just mike. im a fan of mike (for his lakorn), but i do wish he will sacrifice and let go abit of his style for the character. this is too Mike-ish. but its still a good story to me. i like it so far.

i like the 2nd lead girl (the obsess delulu gf). i like her character and she's so beautiful. 

ps: gosh i got locked out so many times for wrong password. finally i reset my password just to login. i miss you guys.. (and the discussion, glas its just 3 pages so i can catch up.)

Spoiler

Darn, they got cute Monster. The organisation started to show its ugly head. BL is surely unwell with the betrayal. So hopefully our Bro Cop gets more time. Until now he just was background.

• 2 weeks later...
  • sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] My Amazing Boyfriend 2: Unforgettable Impression 我的奇妙男友 II

Archived