Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

Kim Bum Transforms Into Charismatic Gumiho With Volatile Temper In Upcoming Fantasy Drama

63a4c24bf263475da4b04af9d47a105f.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed” released new stills of Kim Bum!

“Tale of the Nine Tailed” is described as an “urban fantasy drama” and tells the story of a male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) named Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who has settled in the city and the fearless producing director (PD) who is determined to hunt him down (Jo Bo Ah).

Kim Bum will be playing Yi Rang, Yi Yeon’s half-brother who was born from a human and a gumiho. Yi Rang is a dangerous gumiho with volatile emotions who will bring conflict to the story. Skilled at transformation, he’s a constantly changing figure who sees through human greed and uses their desires to place bets.

Returning to acting in a drama for the first time in four years, Kim Bum will make a shocking acting transformation with his first role as a half-human character that will highlight his wide acting spectrum.

In the midst of growing anticipation for Kim Bum’s role, the drama released captivating new stills of his character. Yi Rang exudes a laid-back attitude as he holds a glass of wine while wearing a classy outfit that matches the atmosphere of the luxurious restaurant. Smiling slightly while having a conversation with someone, Yi Rang’s smile later turns wild, raising curiosity about his sudden display of extreme emotion.

Kim-Bum-4.jpgKim-Bum-2.jpg

Kim Bum shared, “My nervousness and excitement were doubled because it was my first time filming a drama in a long time, but the filming set felt welcoming thanks to the kind director, staff members, and fellow actors who melted my heart and body that were stiff with nervousness.” He continued, “After meeting the character Yi Rang, I have been able to act in a new and interesting concept that I haven’t experienced before in previous dramas and films. We’re preparing safely, carefully, and very hard, so please anticipate the upcoming ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ a lot.”

Kim-Bum-3.jpg

Spoiler

The production team shared, “Like a spring that doesn’t dry, Kim Bum is an actor who endlessly showcases different charms. In ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed,’ Kim Bum will act as a new type of catalyst that will keep viewers intrigued. Please show lots of interest.”

“Tale of the Nine Tailed” will premiere on October 7 at 10:50 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Flower of Evil.”

In the meantime, catch up with the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to Kim Bum 김범 - Upcoming Drama: Tale of Gumiho

What Exactly Is A Gumiho Or Nine-Tailed Fox?

Here's everything you need to know!

gumiho-mythology-korean-dramas-2-1599180

Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum are starring in a brand new series, Tale Of Gumiho, as half-brothers, and they play gumihos or nine-tailed foxes. So...before the drama arrives this October, what exactly is a gumiho? Here's everything you need to know: 

A gumiho or kumiho is a creature from Korean mythology that, according to a video from Penguin Teen, is almost always a female who can shape-shift into a beautiful woman. Most of the time, gumihos are considered ~evil~ because they transform into women so that they can seduce men and prey, and later eat their heart or liver. Gory, right?  

In her vlog, writer Kat Cho, author of a YA novel called Wicked Fox, adds that fox spirits become gumihos mainly because of longevity—aka living for more than a thousand years. A gumiho also has counterparts in Chinese and Japanese mythology: the huli jing and the kitsune. But what sets the gumiho apart is that it has a yeowu guseul or fox bead, which is the source of its knowledge, strength, or power.   

Guess what? Gumihos also evolve! In an interview, when asked about his upcoming series, Kim Bum shared: "What feels new about this drama is that we have a male gumiho. According to the legend, if a fox lives for 500 years, they can take on any human form regardless of gender. If they live for 1,000 years, they become a cheonho, which can use the powers of the heavens." 

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/gumiho-mythology-korean-dramas-a2520-20200904?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** Please check this behind-the-scenes video of the upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed”! The clip shows KB is all smiles even when the cameras aren’t rolling. :blush:  “Tale of the Nine Tailed” premieres in October. Good Luck on your new drama, KB! :rickroll:  Finally............. I can get to see Kim Bum once again in the small screen soon. :sweet:I'm glad that he's with Lee Dong Wook here - :Pandabulous:

credit video : soompi news

• Like 1

Kim Beom to Consider JTBC Drama "Law School"

photo1235732.jpg

Kim Beom is in the talks for the new JTBC drama "Law School".

"Law School" is a drama about the struggles of law school students who grow up and realize law and justice through the fiercest passion and challenge that humans can show, the most desperate conflicts and anguish, and the most fierce competition and conflicts. It is directed by Kim Seok-yoon and written by Seo In.

Will Kim Beom choose to star in the new tvN drama "Law School"?

Source : /www.newsen.com/news_...

• Like 1

***  After watching the teaser/trailer of his upcoming drama, I'm already kinda hooked of the drama. Considering that they're brothers THAT make things interesting! And I love that hair color on Lee Dong-wook. Both look so hot! And looks that KB is the bad bro here. I totally miss him! This is going to be epic for me! I hope this will be on Netflix! Well, it’s on Viki, though.  :blush:

• Like 1

*** If Kim Bum will accept the role for JTBC’s Law School (literal title) he'll be  with Kim Myung Min. In case this will be his new project, following  Tale of the Nine-Tailed, which he is currently working on. In the drama, Kim Bum will play Joon Hwi and show a mentor-student relationship with Kim Myung Min. Ryu Hye Young has confirmed her appearance. NICE that Kim Bum seems to be working nonstop now.  :blush:

• Like 2

*** “Tale of the Nine Tailed” released a new poster . In the new poster, the gumiho brothers Yi Yeon and Yi Rang share a frightening confrontation. The two are dressed in similar black suits as they exchange fierce gazes. Between the two brothers, the text reads, “I’m going to hell. I’m definitely going with you!” -

f68d95d240e14820a073113753d19fd9.jpeg?s=

Lee-Dong-Wook-Kim-Bum.jpg

credit pictures : soompi news

• Like 1

*** I love the poster of the (half) brothers. Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum play half-brothers in the drama, with the latter being half human. I read that in the gumiho world, halfies are the most dangerous… :blush:   I wonder if Tale of Gumiho" (half/fully) pre-produced drama? I guess this drama won’t overlap his new one since the former starts soon and this “Law School” won't be until next year. More often than not, a drama that intents to be at LEAST half pre-produced will have delays happen and then the filming schedule catches up to them and they end up in live-shoot instead. Well, some actors/actresses like to work in “on go” and grab all opportunities they get, which is what I’m sure Kim Bum is doing. Hopefully, Kim Bum has a good team of people around him. Well, a busy year for him, huh? :grin:

• Like 1

*** It is also worth noting that "Tale of the Nine Tailed" is going to be the first drama to showcase a male character. I'm sure the series will definitely capture the viewers’ attention. I'm excited with regards to how this battle between the gumiho brothers would turn out.  :blush:

• Like 1

Kim Bum Talks About His Transformation Into A Fierce Gumiho For Upcoming Fantasy Drama

65e84adaada8486fa2813e721ae75711.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed” released new stills of Kim Bum!

“Tale of the Nine Tailed” is an “urban fantasy drama” and tells the story of a male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) named Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who has settled in the city and the fearless producing director who is determined to hunt him down (Jo Bo Ah).

Kim Bum will be playing Yi Rang, Yi Yeon’s half-brother who was born from a human and a gumiho. Yi Rang is a dangerous gumiho with volatile emotions who will bring conflict to the story. Skilled at transformation, he’s a constantly changing figure who sees through human greed and uses their desires to place bets.

Regarding the script, Kim Bum shared, “The content and structure of the refreshing topic, which I had yet to see before, was very interesting.” The actor also revealed that he chose the drama because he liked the character of Yi Rang. Kim Bum explained, “When you look at it one way, he seems like a bad guy, but in another way, he’s pitiful and has many scars, so there are some aspects that are understandable. His original disposition is kind and innocent, but due to some situation and misunderstanding, he becomes hurt. He’s detestable, but you can’t hate him.”

Kim-Bum-31.jpg

Furthermore, Kim Bum revealed that he studied the origin and legends of gumihos and pictured images of abandoned dogs and cats to paint the idea of an “abandoned gumiho,” trying to portray the sharp attitude abandoned animals use as a self-defense mechanism. He added, “While making expressions and gestures, I practiced creating the vibe that I’m not human.”

On action scenes, Kim Bum shared, “I suggested ideas to use action gestures that appear to be scratching rather than fist fighting, and I also studied the movements of foxes.”

Kim-Bum-22.jpg

In the newly released stills, Yi Rang portrays a very extravagant style. Kim Bum revealed, “For the role of Yi Rang, I underwent the greatest number of meetings with the stylists and hair and makeup team since my debut.”

Although Kim Bum and Lee Dong Wook are also close in person, they have to portray a tense relationship for the drama. Kim Bum commented,

“He’s a hyung I have to hate, but I like him so much that bloopers sometimes happened. However, Yi Rang and Yi Yeon’s relationship contains betrayal, hurt, and sadness stemming from fondness, so I can understand it and act it out.”

Kim-Bum2.jpg

Spoiler

The production team shared, “Kim Bum is a sincere and passionate actor like no other. Kim Bum’s drastic transformation and bold and enthusiastic acting will also be another point to look forward to. Please anticipate ‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ in which Kim Bum’s shining performance will stand out.”

“Tale of the Nine Tailed” premieres on October 7 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

In the meantime, watch Kim Bum in “Mrs. Cop 2” below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Kim Bum of "Boys Over Flowers" is Now a Vicious Gumiho in New Drama "Tale of The Nine-Tailed"

Upcoming tvN drama "Tale of The Nine-Tailed" has released new photos of Kim Bum as the mythical creature Yi Rang!

"Tale of the Nine-Tailed" is an urban legend drama that tells the story about a nine-tailed fox called a "Gumiho." Lee Dong Wook would portray the character of the said Gumiho named Yi Yeon who is living in a city blending in with normal people. He will encounter the fearless producing director portrayed by Jo Bo Ah, who will try her best to hunt the Gumiho down.

Another cast in the show is none other than handsome actor Kim Bum who will portray Yi Yeon's half-brother named Yi Rang. He was born from a human and a gumiho. Don't be deceived by his handsome face because Kim Bum will portray a dangerous gumiho in this drama. He is destined to bring about complications as well as conflict in the story. He's excellent in transitioning his form as a human and as a gumiho.

Kim Bum Discusses His Character as A Vicious Gumiho In His Upcoming Drama
(Photo : tvN)

Talking about the script, Kim Bum expressed that he somehow finds the structure of the script fascinating. Kim Bun shared why he accepted the drama; it is because he fell in love with the character of Yi Rang. The actor explained that when you look at it in just one angle, you could judge that the character is a bad guy.

However, if you look at it at another different angle, you will discover that he is pitiful and has experienced many heartaches, so there is an aspect that needs understanding. His true self is somehow kind and innocent, but because of what he has gone through, he becomes scarred and hurt. He is somewhat wicked, but you can't blame him also.

Moving forward, the actor disclosed that he went as far as studying the origin and legends of gumihos and studies pictures of abandoned dogs and cats to paint the idea of an "abandoned gumiho," since he is trying to copy the sharp attitude of those abandoned animals that uses their self-defense mechanism. Kim Bum also shared that while he was making and copying the expressions of the animals, he was able to transform his vibe as not being a human.

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118953/20200918/kim-bum-of-boys-over-flower-is-now-a-vicious-gumiho-in-the-upcoming-drama-tale-of-the-nine-tailed.htm

• Like 1

Did You Know Maja Salvador And Kim Bum Starred In A Commercial Together In 2009?

The two paired up for RC Cola's commercial years ago and almost shared a kiss!

maja-salvador-kim-bum-2009-commercial-16

It was 2003 when the Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden first aired in the Philippines and became an instant phenomenon. Six years later, the "F4 fever" once again dominated the hearts of Filipinos with Boys Over Flowers taking the reins. The South Korean remake, starring Lee Min Ho, Ku Hye Sun, Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Joon, and Kim Bum, resurrected the country's obsession over the inimitable group called F4 and took the country by storm once again.

If you were already a Koreanovela fan back then, then for sure you were a part of this craze in 2009. But in case you forgot just how popular the F4 were during that time, here's something to refresh your memory (and possibly make you jealous while you're at it): Remember when Maja Salvador starred in a commercial with Kim Bum for RC Cola? Yup, the soda company once flew in the Korean heartthrob to Manila and made fangirls' hearts flutter all over the country! And Maja, who was the brand's endorser at the time, was the lucky girl to have been paired up with the actor for the said TVC!

kim-bum-2.jpg

Kim Bum and Maja Salvador star in RC Cola's 2009 TV commercial
PHOTO BY RC Cola 2009 commercial

The RC Cola commercial directed by Adrian Calumpang starts with a fresh-faced Maja leaving her house after receiving a text from friends. A car takes her to a secret location, where she eventually finds Kim Bum waiting for her with a bouquet of white roses. He offers her a bottle of soda, asks her to dance, and whisks her away to the rooftop where they can have some alone time. Finally, he gives her a silver necklace wrapped around a bottle of RC Cola and leans forward to kiss her at last, and the commercial ends with sparks flying—quite literally!

kim-bum-4.jpg

kim-bum-1.jpg

Spoiler

kim-bum-3.jpg

kim-bum-.jpg

See it for yourself and watch the TVC in full below:

To say that it was pretty epic would be an understatement. The production team also noted their "sizzling chemistry" on the set, and Maja—admittedly a Boys Over Flowers fan—said in an interview that she was "kilig na kilig" while working on the commercial.

As for Kim Bum, he himself reportedly found the actress "very pretty." He added, "It's actually my first time to be in the Philippines and I'm amazed with the fresh air and nice people."

Kim Bum is most known for playing So Yi Jung in the hit 2009 K-drama Boys Over Flowers. He enlisted for South Korea's mandatory military service in 2018 and is set to make his small-screen comeback in October this year for Tale Of Gumiho, which will also star Lee Dong Wook and Jo Bo Ah.

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/maja-salvador-kim-bum-rc-cola-commercial-2009-sa4573-20200922-src-preview?ref=home_feed_1

• Like 2

***This drama has fantasy, mystery, and a bit of action. I’m really excited for this. :blush:

**********************************************************************************************************************

New trailer for the upcoming drama "Tale of the Nine Tailed"

credit video : https://kdramakisses.com/2020/09/22/fantasy-mystery-and-action-in-new-trailer-for-tale-of-the-nine-tailed/

• Like 1

*** In his poster, Kim Bum has a playful expression. The poster reads, “Didn’t you miss me?”  :blush:  Can't wait for this drama to premiere on October 7 at 10:30 p.m. KST.  I'm excited to see him with LDW.  KB is looking so good. :grin:

***************************************************************************************************************

Character poster of Kim Bum for upcoming tvN drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed

Kim-Bum.jpeg

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Watch: Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, And Kim Bum Are Entangled In Mysteries In New Fantasy Drama Teaser

feb91ca95bae41609f5b031cd6a7b0f0.jpeg?s=

A new teaser has been released for the first episode of tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” is an “urban fantasy drama” that tells the story of a male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) named Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) who has settled in the city and the fearless producing director Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) who is determined to hunt him down. Kim Bum plays Yi Rang, Yi Yeon’s half-brother and the child of a human and a gumiho.

The teaser starts off with Nam Ji Ah making disapproving comments about Yi Yeon. She describes him as a gumiho who lost his position as the guardian spirit of the Baekdudaegan Mountain Range. Yi Yeon is not very happy about it as well, and he says, “Watch what you’re saying. If it weren’t for you, I’d be watching American TV shows while eating ice cream right now.”

In the woods, Yi Rang confronts Nam Ji Ah and suddenly gets into a fight with Yi Yeon, previewing intense moments of action. Later, Nam Ji Ah states, “The witness and the place of the accident are saying different things.”

Yi Rang then tells Nam Ji Ah, “At yeou gogae. That’s where I saw him.” Yeou gogae, which literally means “fox hill,” refers to the location as well as the legend about a fox that transforms into a human.

Yi Rang soon changes his appearance in mere seconds and wonders, “Is he still looking for her? His dead girlfriend.” Meanwhile, Yi Yeon scrolls through an article that includes a picture of producing director Nam Ji Ah on his phone, and he comments, “They’re so similar: her face and voice.”

The teaser ends as Nam Ji Ah asks about a fateful encounter with Yi Yeon from the past. She says, “The day we met 21 years ago at yeou gogae.

What exactly happened then?”

Watch the full video below!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” premieres on October 7 and will be available on Viki.

Watch another teaser here!

Watch Now

• Like 1

** Waiting for the drama to start!!!  NICE that this will be available on VIKI. Sigh.....usually when a drama will be on Viki, they do not appear on Netflix.   :anguished:

****************************************************************************************************************************************

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed” Director Explains Why Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, And Kim Bum Were Perfect For Their Roles

7399b48845fd44f58ac429c1c061ca69.jpeg?s=

Kang Shin Hyo, the director of the tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” recently shared some insights into his casting choices for the upcoming drama.

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” is about a male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) named Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who has settled in the city, and the fearless producing director named Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) who is determined to track him down. Kim Bum plays Yi Rang, Yi Yeon’s half-brother and the child of a human and a gumiho.

Kang Shin Hyo said, “In these times, audiences of all ages love superhero stories. I thought about how to make a Korean superhero story, and I came up with the idea of the gumiho as the central character. I worked with writer Han Woo Ri to develop a drama with a gumiho motif.”

He continued, “In a fantasy project, it is important that the main character is played by an actor who matches his appearance and vibe. I thought that if we were talking about male gumiho, there were no better actors than Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum. When I first met Lee Dong Wook, it felt like I was meeting the real Yi Yeon. When I met Jo Bo Ah, I realized that even though she looks like a princess, she has an easygoing, tough personality. Kim Bum has a sharp face with shadows that hide behind it, so I felt like he was a perfect fit for Yi Rang.”

In Korean folk tales, gumiho tend to be beautiful women who lead men astray. Kang Shin Hyo said, “What sets our drama apart is that the gumiho are male, they are living in the modern age, and they are waiting for a long-lost love.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” premieres on October 7 and will be available on Viki.

Check out a teaser:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

13 K-Drama Premieres To Look Out For In October

4181006fffe54dfc9ebe772cd92061cf.jpeg?s=

October welcomes another rush of new dramas for fans to anticipate!

Due to COVID-19 affecting filming schedules, some of these dramas were originally scheduled to air earlier but were postponed to October.

Here’s what to look forward to this month:

Tale of the Nine-Tailed

Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed.jpg

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, Kim Bum, Kim Yong Ji, Hwang Hee, Kim Jung Nan, Kim Kang Min, Joo Suk Tae, Kim Soo Jin, Ahn Kil Kang, etc.

Premiere Date: October 7

Broadcast Details: Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. KST on tvN

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed” is about a male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) named Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who has settled in the city, and the fearless producing director named Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) who is determined to track him down. Kim Bum plays Yi Rang, Yi Yeon’s half-brother and the child of a human and a gumiho.

Watch a teaser below:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1