Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea, According to Data

Here are the most buzz-worthy dramas in South Korea right now.

On June 16th, Good Data Corporation released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the 2nd week of June. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Penthouse 3' remained at #1 for the 2nd consecutive week, followed by KBS' 'Youth of May' and tvN's 'Doom at Your Service' in the top 3.

You can check out the complete list below.

#6 JTBC's 'Law School' (5.78 points)

1623890580467-1623890580467.png

Image Source: JTBC

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/06/17/top-10-currently-most-buzz-worthy-dramas-in-south-korea-according-to-data-392316

• gm4queen changed the title to Kim Bum 김범 | Drama 2021 : Law School 로스쿨

*** "Ghost Doctor" is also offering a role for Kim Bum aside from UEE who has been offered the female lead part. I hope he will take this drama offer co-starring with RAIN after Law School. The main character is actually two characters. Somehow two doctors with different backgrounds, different personalities, and different capabilities begin to share one body. Rain has been offered the role of Cha Young-min, and Kim Bum has been offered the role of Go Seung-tak. Whether Rain and Kim Bum will be combining bodies, IDK yet. The plot itself is very interesting and fun to watch. I'd be so happy to see UEE back on screen.  :ohboy2:

UPDATE :

*** Kim Bum has booked "Ghost Doctor" as his next television project and will star alongside Rain! Just today, June 30, his agency King Kong by Starship confirmed this! I highly anticipate his chemistry with RAIN. Kim Bum will appear in the drama as Go Seung-tak. He is a resident who was born into wealth and privilege and has the full support of his family. "Ghost Doctor" will center on two doctors with different backgrounds, personalities, and skills who end up merging into one body by soul possession. It will reportedly depict heartwarming stories of doctors who have died but are still looking after their patients in the hospital.  :twerk2:

source : https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2021063010030003180

[UPDATE] Rain and Kim Bum to star in new series, ‘Ghost Doctor’

Based on the reports on June 30, Kim Bum accepted the offer and will act alongside the singer-actor, Rain.

E99B2884-F5D3-47FE-8AC4-8EF6C5BED75D.jpe
Photo courtesy as watermarked

Ghost Doctor is about two doctors with opposite backgrounds, medical skills, and personalities fusing together in body and soul.

570DB6F6-6FD5-45A6-ABBF-621E2615E399.jpe
Photo courtesy as watermarked

In addition, Kim Bum will play the role of Go Seung Tak while Rain will play the role of Cha Young Min.

Moreover, the series aims to present a heartwarming story of ghosts doctors who cannot leave their patient’s side even after their deaths.

Can’t wait to see you both on screen, Rain and Kim Bum!

source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000919455

*** Apink's Son Naeun will be joining "Ghost Doctor" with Rain and Kim Bum. Her last appearance was on the drama "Dinner Mate starring Song Seung Hun. She is set to take on the role of Oh Soo Jung, an emergency room intern. The upcoming fantasy medical drama will be helmed by Boo Sung Chul, who has directed several notable series, including "The Heirs". He will be joined by screenwriter Kim Eun Hee, who penned "My Fair Lady"and some others..... :Fist1:

6 Pairs Of Korean Celebs Who Actually Dated

You'll be surprised by some of them!

It's always big news in South Korea whenever a Korean celebrity couple is revealed to be dating. Their relationship is either confirmed by their respective agencies or sometimes, they announce it themselves. Fans would rejoice once a new pair is born but once their breakup is declared, it's a truly devastating moment for them

Here are six pairs of Korean actors that you may not know have actually dated:

2. Kim Bum and Moon Geun Young

Working in the same project paved the way for Kim Bum and Moon Geun Young to fall for each other in November 2013.

They both starred in the MBC historical drama, Goddess Of Fire. The couple went on a trip to Europe in the same month of their dating announcement and were seen in matchy-matchy outfits while holding hands. However, Kim Bum and Geun Young broke up the following year. They maintained their relationship as colleagues, per Geun Young's agency.

*** It was his birthday last July 7......  :kaching3:

Did You Know? Kim Bum’s Net Worth Is $12 Million + Get to Know Some Fun Facts About the Birthday Celebrant!

Among all the actors we've seen K-dramas and films, this Korean heartthrob surely and always has a special place in our hearts. We first met him as So Yi Jung in the 2009 hit drama "Boys Over Flowers," and since then, we've been captivated by Kim Bum's charms.

Kim Bum Net Worth 2021

After he made his acting debut in "The Daring Sisters" in 2006, Kim Bum received casting offers and projects - but his breakout role came in "Boys Over Flowers," the heartbreaker in F4.

Kim Bum
(Photo : King Kong by Starship's Instagram)

As one of the known Hallyu stars today, Kim Bum has played various lead roles but playing as a villain is what makes the viewers crave his presence onscreen. As he continues to portray bigger roles, Kim Bum starts to earn more.

According to celebrity net worth, Kim Bum net worth in 2021 is $12 million. Yes, you read it right! With his exclusive brand contracts and other existing entertainment activities, the "Hidden Identity" star successfully earned millions.

Fun Facts About Kim Bum

Kim Bum is celebrating his 32nd birthday today (July 7), and as he turns another year older, let's know some of the fun facts about the OG Korean heartthrob!

Kim Bum worked with Filipina Actress Maja Salvador in 2010

After the success of his drama "Boys Over Flowers," Kim Bum was invited to the Philippines to work for a TV commercial. There, he had the chance to work with the beautiful actress Maja Salvador.

Kim Bum also said in one of his interviews when he was still in Manila that he found the actress beautiful and charming.

Kim Bum is labelmates with Lee Dong Wook, Lee Kwang Soo, Song Seung Hoon, and Yoo Yeon Seok

Kim Bum, Lee Kwang Soo, Lee Dong Wook, Song Seung Hoon, and Yoo Yeon Seok
(Photo : King Kong by Starship's Instagram)

Kim Bum, Lee Kwang Soo, Lee Dong Wook, Song Seung Hoon, and Yoo Yeon Seok in "Men and Mission"

Kim Bum is signed under King Kong by Starship. His "Tale of the Nine-Tailed" co-star Lee Dong Wook, former "Running Man" member Lee Kwang Soo, "Voice" star Song Seung Hoon, and "Hospital Playlist" actor Yoo Yeon Seok are all under the same company.

They even had an online fanmeeting event titled "Men and Mission" in 2020! 

Kim Bum, Lee Kwang Soo, Lee Dong Wook, Song Seung Hoon, and Yoo Yeon Seok

Kim Bum to work with A-lister and K-pop Icon Rain

Following his legal drama "Law School," Kim Bum is already booked for his next drama.

Recently, King Kong by Starship confirmed that Kim Bum will be working with singer-producer and actor Jung Ji Hoon a.k.a Rain in the medical-suspense series "Ghost Doctor."

Apink member and actress Son Naeun is also confirmed to join the cast.

Spoiler

Apink’s Son Naeun, Rain and Kim Bum

source : Kdramastars

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image onwards under spoilers! Thanks!

*** It seems that Kim Bum and Jo Bo Ah have been very close after they worked together in "Tale of the Nine-tailed Fox" , which ended last year since the two often interact very closely on social networks. Starting from Kim Bum’s birthday on July 7, Jo Bo Ah left messages for him and since then she frequently having comments by “dropping hearts” back and forth for KB. Kim Bum also gave Jo Bo Ah similar action on his IG. It seems like he checks Jo Bo Ah’s Instagram account regularly to know her new activities to comment or just press the like button. It seems that after the drama ended, the cast remained in close contact. NICE.  :Twerkdatbutt:

Kim-Bum-Jo-Bo-Ah-2.jpg

Kim-Bum-Jo-Bo-Ah-1.jpg

Kim-Bum-Jo-Bo-Ah-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

5 K-Drama Actors Who Played Villains But Are The Sweetest In Real Life

Have you ever seen an actor play a villain on screen and had chills run down your spine? Later, when watching them in a variety show or in the behind-the-scenes clips, you're stunned by how different they are in real life? It's always amazing to see them change on and off the screen and it speaks volumes about how incredible they are as actors.

Without a doubt, it takes skill to portray a negative and antagonistic character, especially considering the audience's response to the same. Here are 5 K-Drama actors who played villains on screen but are the sweetest people in real life!

Spoiler Alert!

1. Kim Bum

5 K-Drama Actors Who Played Villains But Are The Sweetest In Real Life

Kim Bum's Instagram

Kim Bum appeared as the villain in "Mrs. Cop 2" and partly in "Tale of the Nine-Tailed". While his character Lee Rang changed completely in the second half of "Tale of the Nine-Tailed", in "Mrs. Cop 2", his character Lee RoJoon gave us goosebumps. However, he's the warmest and sweetest person in real life whose smile can light up the world.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-k-drama-actors-who-played-villains-but-are-the-sweetest-in-real-life/

On 7/24/2021 at 10:49 PM, paolaadl said:

@paolaadl, thanks for sharing this. Ye, I'm glad that Kim Bum has joined the cast of the new Korean drama "Ghost Doctor" together with RAIN. He will play an intelligent and wealthy resident at a hospital. So, it's hoping to air next year. It’s NICE to work on a project that is well prepared and reasonably scheduled. Shooting a drama series could be this great. There are certain benefits that can come from the energy of real-time production but it always ends up sacrificing quality. And quality is what lasts. Early filming has been unwelcomed by local filmmakers as it is risky to secure broadcasting time and cast star actors and costs a lot.   I think that it’s right for things to change so, actors won’t stay up countless nights and work countless brutal schedules. They won’t stay up nights for weeks/months in a row. It’s really difficult to live for that long with two or three hours of sleep a night. As the system changed, actors could rest for about one day per week, and sleep about six or seven hours a night. It’s not just the actors, but also the production staff got some breathing room. I think that this is a good development - doing pre-produced drama. :twerk2:

• Like 1

Top 14 Best School/College Romance K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2021 Update)

For new K-Drama fans, it is often hard to make a great watchlist from scratch. You most probably ask your friend’s opinions or read online reviews to make your selection, but that is probably not enough to decide your next drama.

K-Dramas have plenty of genres. This time, we listed romance dramas set in school and university. We made a selection of the best teen romance and campus romance. If you are a K-Drama beginner, you might want to look out for the dramas that suit your taste the most among our selection. For K-Drama addicts, you probably have watched all the dramas listed below, if not it is time to add them to your watchlist.

If you are looking for more romance recommendations, you check our previous recommendations: best romantic comedybest romance historical, best action-thriller romance, and best fantasy romance.

Note: This is not a ranking. The article was first published in June 2019 and updated twice (in October 2020 and August 2021).

5. "Boys Over Flowers"

Top 14 Best School/College Romance K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2021 Update)

KBS

When: 2009

Cast: Ku HyeSun, Lee MinHo, Kim HyunJoong, Kim Bum, Kim Joon

Summary: The love story of a girl from a poor family and a boy from one of the largest conglomerates family who attends the same private high school.

For: Viewers looking for a hit high school love story.

Why watch?: There are many reasons why this drama is worldwide popular (and not only the Korean version). Even after all these years, "Boys Over Flowers"'s plot and cast are still worth watching. The handsome F4 and the fierce female character created this memorable drama with famous scenes.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-best-school-college-romance-k-dramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

*** The casts of ‘Law School’ including KB showed their support to Go Youn Jung by sending her a coffee truck on August 6, in the filming set of ‘Hunt‘. She shared photos of the coffee truck via her Instagram story on the same day, tagging her Law School squad. The upper banner on the coffee truck reads, "Hunt(er) Go Youn Jung, fighting. -Hankuk University Law School Classmates".  :sweet:

20210807_162301.jpg?resize=720,1174&is-p

20210807_163343.jpg?resize=780,780&is-pe

***  I have always loved watching medical dramas - Playing doctor is always a fun role. Upcoming tvN drama "Ghost Doctor" has gotten a timeslot on the network. I'm thrilled to see Kim Bum in this cast as RAIN's support. I hope I can see KB as the main lead in his future dramas soon. He was really good in his last 2-dramas.  :ohboy2:

Rain, Kim Bum, UEE, A Pink's Son Na Eun starring in "Ghost Doctor" on tvN in the first half of next year!

136966-915691.jpg

This lineup +tvN!

On August 11, it was reported that the new TV series "Ghost Doctor" starring Rain (Jung Ji-hoon), UEE, Kim Bum and Son Na Eun will be on tvN, and the target date of broadcast will be in the first half of next year.

"Ghost Doctor" is a supernatural medical drama. The plot tells the story of two doctors with completely different backgrounds, strengths and tempers, and they are united because of their souls.

Cha Young-Min (Rain) is a genius doctor, but he is arrogant and selfish. One day, he gets involved in an unexpected case. Due to the unexpected case, his spirit possesses another doctor's body. These two doctors are complete opposites, with opposite personalities and medical abilities.

Spoiler

136966-915687.png

136966-915688.jpg

The role of UEE has not yet been introduced. Son Na Eun plays the role of "Oh Soo Jung," an emergency room intern. She is a girl who has no medical background and believes in supernatural phenomena, miracles, and fantasies. She embarked on thoracic surgery despite the opposition of her family.

Spoiler

136966-915686.jpg

"Ghost Doctor" is directed by "Boo Sung Chul, also directed Heirs, and the screenwriter is” Kim Sun-soo.  "Ghost Doctor" will be broadcast on tvN, which the audience's expectations are even higher.

(Pictures source : tvN, RAIN COMPANY, King Kong by STARSHIP Entertainment, LUCKY COMPANY, YG Entertainment)

source : https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/136966?fbclid=IwAR3bzZkJ_w2xs5jfOpqpznXkalxXj5WC2_2e_YKuRdIKG37_9e7Fis4G26o

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

名不虛傳》編劇新作!Rain、金汎、U-IE、孫娜恩主演《Ghost Doctor》明年上半年tvN見!

這陣容+tvN!!!

昨(11日)有消息,由Rain(鄭智薰)、U-IE、金汎與孫娜恩主演的新電視劇《Ghost Doctor》確定落腳tvN,目標於明年上半年播出。

《Ghost Doctor》為靈異醫學劇,劇情敘述兩位背景、實力與脾氣都截然不同的兩位醫師,因為靈魂附身而合為一體的故事。

Rain飾演擁有神乎其技醫術的天才胸腔外科醫師「車英民」,性格卻自私又自大,而金汎飾演擁有聰明頭腦,以及華麗背景的住院醫師「高成卓」。兩個人因意外事故糾纏在一起。

U-IE的角色設定尚未有有任何介紹。孫娜恩則飾演急診室實習醫師「吳秀晶」,是個一點都不像醫學出身,相信超自然現象、奇蹟和幻想的少女,她心中藏有秘密,是不顧家人反對走上了胸腔外科一路。

《Ghost Doctor》導演為《張玉貞,為愛而生》、《繼承者們》導演富聖哲,編劇為《名不虛傳》金善秀(原名金恩喜)。金善秀的名號可不輸四位主演,2017年他寫下穿越題材醫療劇《名不虛傳》大獲成功,如今再推特殊題材醫療劇《Ghost Doctor》,許多觀眾都衝著編劇名號等不及收看。得知《Ghost Doctor》將在tvN播出後,觀眾期待度更是向上提升。

(圖:tvN《名不虛傳》海報)

(封圖:RAIN COMPANY、King Kong by STARSHIP娛樂、LUCKY COMPANY、YG STAGE)

Edited by gm4queen
Please post the content only related to Kim Bum himself! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Kohaku Ito said:

I really love this actor's acting since his first drama, Rude Women. I am very interested in Asian films and literature.

@Kohaku Ito I adore him, too - I have watched almost all his dramas/movies except this 1st drama you mentioned. In fact, I have re-watched his latest, "Law School" since  I wasn't able to watch it continuously while airing in Korea since I lacked time then.   Legal dramas are a hit or miss, usually. It caters to a specific type of audience and definitely not everyone’s cup of tea. But, I love this drama. Murders and corruption aside, the drama is actually a slice-of-life drama about the life of law students. Han Joon-hwi (Kim Bum) – is the source of my weekly positive energy. As a character, Joon-hwi had so much depth, and Kim Bum portrayed him convincingly. To be honest, the drama felt dragging halfway and the revelation of Lee Man-ho as the real killer with Assemblyman Ko Hyeong-su as the main bad guy were underwhelming. “Law School‘s” main OST will stick with me for a long time. (I'm referring to this track below) We always look forward to seeing K-dramas that cover genres that we don’t usually see from Korean shows. Certainly, it’s a change of pace. I also really enjoyed Kim Myung-min’s lead performance as Yang and was a little disappointed that his character was arrested at the end of the first episode. :7555_attack:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what to think about this tbh.

Well, I'm not very excited about this because: 1 - we won't be able to see modern Lee Rang (you know why) and modern LR is my favorite lol, 2 - I really think there's no need to explore their past, I'm not interested or curious about it tbh 3- this will probably affect Kim Bum's future dramas. I was so excited to see him acting in new projects with new people, I'm DYING too see him as a main lead, he deserves it SO MUCH! This way he'll be second lead for a really long time... he's the kind of actor who deserves PROTAGONISM! :heartbreak:

On 9/27/2021 at 9:27 PM, paolaadl said:

I don't know what to think about this tbh.

Well, I'm not very excited about this because: 1 - we won't be able to see modern Lee Rang (you know why) and modern LR is my favorite lol, 2 - I really think there's no need to explore their past, I'm not interested or curious about it tbh 3- this will probably affect Kim Bum's future dramas. I was so excited to see him acting in new projects with new people, I'm DYING too see him as a main lead, he deserves it SO MUCH! This way he'll be second lead for a really long time... he's the kind of actor who deserves PROTAGONISM! :heartbreak:

@paolaadl thanks for sharing this. NICE to know that he'll be part of the season 2.    :shaq:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** 2021 The Fact Music Awards (2021 TMA) has confirmed a star-studded presenter lineup and the organizing committee announced that one of them is KB. He would attend the ceremony to present awards. Hosting the 2021 TMA will be Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun, Shin Dong Yup, and Boom. The “on-tact” (online and contact-free) ceremony will take place on October 2. :ohboy2:

202109290723544606053_20210929072641_01_

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=112&aid=0003481159

*** So NICE to know that Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum will still be back in ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed’ seasons 2 and 3! This is good news although I'm not really into season 2, Part2s or remakes............. because for me, nothing could

surpass the original. But, well, if these 2 will take this, I will support whatever.....     :rubchin: