Kim Bum 김범 | [Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

ilwoo_aein

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Which K-Pop Star Shares Your July Birthday?

Happy birthday to all the July babies out there!

This month features the birthdays of various K-pop stars including Leeteuk, Kim Heechul (Super Junior), Yoon Doo Joon (BEAST), Taemin (SHINee), Hayoung (A Pink), Wonwoo (SEVENTEEN), and more.
Also K-drama stars Ahn Jae Hyun, Lee Kwang Soo, Gong Yoo, Jo In Sung, and others have birthdays this month.

Do you share a July birthday with a star?

(skipped unrelated.....)

Kim-Bum.jpg

7/7

Kim Bum (Actor) 27

credit : soompi news

Wow!  He is still stunningly handsome!  In fact, Bummie is getting better looking with age (of course I am biased)! Lol!  I wonder what he will be doing next?  Thank you for the birthday reminder  Willenette!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2016 at 2:08 AM, kimlean62 said:

Wow!  He is still stunningly handsome!  In fact, Bummie is getting better looking with age (of course I am biased)! Lol!  I wonder what he will be doing next?  Thank you for the birthday reminder  Willenette!

Hi kimlean, actually, currently, I'm watching KB's recent drama, "Mrs. Cop 2". I'm only on EP2 so can't comment that much yet. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** I'm done re-watching KB's last drama, "Mrs. Cop 2". The series were fairly stable. The 1st (2) EPs spend a substantial amount of time setting the scene and tone for what is to come. Apart from the generally humorous stance of the early EPs serious moments are apparent. I haven’t watched the 1st season but I heard that the series has obviously taken clear measures to differentiate itself from the first season. I love the part 2 though because it’s so badass. I love very much KB’s acting here. :P

[Funcurve Review] "Mrs. Cop 2"

photo744499.jpg

Spoiler
Bumpy Rollercoaster

Coming off of the popularity of the original "Mrs. Cop", "Mrs. Cop 2" quickly brings back the thrilling story of yet another ahjumma cop, this time, one with FBI training. Our heroine Go Yoon-jeong (Kim Seong-ryeong) returns to South Korea from the U.S. and is asked to fill in the spot left behind by our original squad chief Choi Yeong-jin (Kim Hee-ae), who is taking a break from police work.

Above everything, the acting was superb.

In a nut shell, "Mrs. Cop 2" starts off very strong, then fizzles out in the middle, and unfortunately chooses to end in the stereotypical cliche way. Though above everything, the acting was superb. I loved the lead's accurate portrayal of the protagonist. While the antagonist came alive as someone who is pure evil with a thirst for "fun". All other characters are composed of the good things and have a high sense of justice. The drama gave the right amount of attention to each of its characters and the issues around them, though a few of them seemed to be unnecessary, with nothing to do with the plot whatsoever.

Screen 1

From a plot perspective, the drama had a number of twists that were off the record and I sat through them completely awestruck. However, there were a lot of draggy scenes and sequences which could've been avoided as well. Also, for a crime/cop drama, "Mrs. Cop 2" had surprisingly little action, which contributed to the dullness during certain parts of the drama. Overall, it was an enjoyable drama, but I think not everyone would sit through this somewhat uneven ride.

Episodes 1-4 Review feel4.png

These four episodes saw a mighty transition from being mediocre to spine-chilling in one episode. "Mrs. Cop 2" balanced between intense white-knuckle scenes and highly comedic scenes while defining the main characters of the story well.

It balanced intense white-knuckle scenes with highly comedic ones.

Our heroine, Yoon-jeong, is a shrewd and funny fashion guru in her forties who rejoins the police force in Korea after training at the FBI. We quickly discover that she's a divorcee who wants to right a wrong from six years ago. To me, the protagonist seemed to be quite realistic and tangible. The way she uses face reading techniques to select her team members, and the way she uses different shoes stored at the office for different purposes show us that she's a superstitious yet systematic person.

Screen 2

Park Jong-ho (Kim Min-jong) from the original series returns, but this time, he opposes our protagonist and keeps giving her obstacles to make her quit. His quest ultimately leads Yoon-jeong to be assigned an unsolved cold case that turned into a serial murder case.

Screen 3

The potential antagonist candidate is Lee Ro-joon (Kim Beom), a rich and handsome young man in his twenties, where his father's death left him as CEO of a loan company. Ro-joon has a nasty temper that kills (literally) those who don't obey him and those that bad mouth him. He comes across as a highly intelligent and cunning individual. As Yoon-jeong interacts with him, we can also see that he's cruel but patient - a monster with self-control. He plays a pivotal role in solving the serial murder case proving his gray matter, yet again.

Screen 4

Yoon-jeong's team members consist of Sin Yeo-ok (Son Dam-bi) - a female deductive who is tough, smart, and kind. Oh Seung-il (Seulong) is an honest and righteous police officer who is law abiding by his bones and believes that no crime should go unpunished. The most senior member of the team is Bae Dae-hoon, a lazy, dirty, and pre-judgemental detective who follows Yoon-jeong earnestly and takes her word as law. Last but not least is the hardworking rookie, Kang Sang-cheol, who puts his job before everything. His boyish appearance mask his violence and is all in all the funniest one of the team.

Screen 5Screen 6

What I liked about these episodes was that the team is formed quickly and no time is wasted on team "bonding" and such. The drama cuts to the chase and things move quickly with no illogical sequences or dry spots. The bit of romance between Seung-il and Yeo-ok also paints a lighter hue to the drama here. The opening episodes of "Mrs. Cop 2" certainly caught my attention as I loved the way it progressed - with cliffhangers that were worthwhile and comedy that was situational and genuine.

Continue reading on Funcurve.com

source : Hancinema

Spoiler

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

10 melodramas that will leave you feeling uplifted and inspired

Sometimes you just need a good cry, but you don't want to cry that much. If you're hesitant about starting a Korean melodrama because you are afraid of a tragic and depressing ending, let me help you out. Without giving away the ending entirely, here are 10 melodramas that are guaranteed to make you cry your eyes out, but are also guaranteed to leave you feeling uplifted and content.

(skipped unrelated.....)

6.  Padam Padam

Starring Jung Woo Sung and Han Ji Min

Padam Padam is an addictive and intense supernatural drama centered on Kang Chil, a volatile man who has spent nearly half his life in prison after being convicted for murder when he was 19. He falls in love with a kind veterinarian, Ji Na and encounters a mysterious man named Gook Su who claims to be his guardian angel. The story weaves together all three characters' past and present lives in a thrilling series of twists and turns will have you hooked. Padam Padam is the sound of a beating heart, and this riveting melodrama will surely set yours racing.

source : dramafever

• Like 2

Hi Willenette!  Been a while huh?  Thank you for that info!  For sure Padam Padam made me cry but I felt happy at the end.  It was a very unusual drama at that but kept me watching.  Miss Bummie!

You know my question about the release of Yipman and Bruce Lee?  I think that project is one of all the recent K-dramas China will can and not release as they are banning Korean stars from filming in China.  What do you think?

BTW, have you heard anything new on Bummie?  Been a long time! :tears:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kimlean62 said:

Hi Willenette!  Been a while huh?  Thank you for that info!  For sure Padam Padam made me cry but I felt happy at the end.  It was a very unusual drama at that but kept me watching.  Miss Bummie!

You know my question about the release of Yipman and Bruce Lee?  I think that project is one of all the recent K-dramas China will can and not release as they are banning Korean stars from filming in China.  What do you think?

BTW, have you heard anything new on Bummie?  Been a long time! :tears:

Hi kimlean, so NICE to see you here again. I find "Padam Padam" good. " Padam Padam" is truly excellent. Beautiful in so many ways. It truly has an excellent cinematography.  I have to say that the cinematography is amazing. Everything is shot so well and presented so beautifully. Jung Woo Sung is completely believable and Kim Bum is so endearing.  He does well. And that’s the kind of actor Jung Woo Sung is. Jung Woo Sung is outstanding. But, I watched this drama purely for Kim Bum.  His image overhaul for this drama had me hooked.  Those chiselled cheekbones and that ponytail become him.  And he did not disappoint me. I also liked Han Ji Min in this. I have to say. I really got into the swing of things from EP4. "Padam Padam" is I guess an hour per EP and I actually didn’t feel it. All in all, "Padam Padam" was an intense ride, with moments that actually brought tears to my eyes just like you.  There is a lot of warmth as you experience the characters. 

Oh, I hope we still could get to see Yipman and Bruce Lee despite of friction between two countries recently.

Again, like you, silence is so deafening on his side for quite a while now. Ye, it's been quite a long while, though. I hope we could get to hear some news about him soon.

Stay safe, dear! :P

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Kim Bum Shows Loyalty To Longtime Fan On Her Wedding Day

kim-bum.jpg

Actor Kim Bum reportedly attended a wedding last month. What was special about his appearance was the fact that the bride was one of his longtime fans.

After hearing about his fan’s wedding, Kim Bum sent a wreath to congratulate the couple. Furthermore, the actor also went to the wedding venue in order to relay his congratulations in person. The actor took photos with the bride and groom in order to commemorate their special day.

Meanwhile, Kim Bum was last involved in the drama “Mrs. Cop 2” last year and is currently looking over new projects.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Long time no see <3 <3

Even there is no news about that but I want to told you guys, Kim Bum has JOINED INSTARGRAM

And this is the link

https://www.instagram.com/k.kbeom/

I'm sorry as I can't cut an imgage and post it to prove. However, this account was anounced by himself on Facebook and by his agency on FB. He posted it on his birthday for us. It seems like the best gift of him give to me this year :)). Instagram for me is easy to connect and show amazing pictures from him so I'm so happy that he use this tool to connect to his fan <3

Furthermore, the second post he has is picture with Jung Il Woo  Actually I don't believe they are still close but they're still (LOL). So happy to see that.

I hope he use insta more to connect to fan, or just random post about his daily life 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, vanetran said:

Long time no see <3 <3

Even there is no news about that but I want to told you guys, Kim Bum has JOINED INSTARGRAM

And this is the link

https://www.instagram.com/k.kbeom/

I'm sorry as I can't cut an imgage and post it to prove. However, this account was anounced by himself on Facebook and by his agency on FB. He posted it on his birthday for us. It seems like the best gift of him give to me this year :)). Instagram for me is easy to connect and show amazing pictures from him so I'm so happy that he use this tool to connect to his fan <3

Furthermore, the second post he has is picture with Jung Il Woo  Actually I don't believe they are still close but they're still (LOL). So happy to see that.

I hope he use insta more to connect to fan, or just random post about his daily life 

Hi vanetran, thanks for sharing the link.There's good NEWS for him. Kim Bum is set to return to the big screen with the third sequel of comedy-mystery film “Detective K.” This is confirmed. He will start filming next month. Wow, it's been quite a long while since his last project. Alongside him, Kim Ji-won confirmed her appearance as the female lead who loses her memory and joins the duo’s investigation. I read that the new film, based on novel “The Banggakbon Murder Case” by Kim Tak-hwan, tells the story of Kim Min, or Detective K, and Han Seo-pil chasing a serial murderer during the reign of King Jeongjo in the Joseon era.:tongue:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Kim Ji Won, Kim Bum, And Lee Min Ki Begin Shooting For Upcoming Film “Detective K 3”

Detective-K-3.jpg

Kim Ji Won, Kim Bum, and Lee Min Ki have joined Kim Myung Min and Oh Dal Soo for the third installment of the “Detective K” series!

The movie kicked off its first shoot in Mungyeong of North Gyeongsang Province on August 7.

Kim Myung Min and Oh Dal Soo have returned as detectives Kim Min and Seo Pil. The duo has reunited to solve serial vampire murder cases. Kim Ji Won will play the role of a woman who has lost her memory and joins the detectives on their journey. Kim Bum will add tension as a character that interferes with their investigation, and Lee Min Ki will be a mysterious man in the center of the incidents.

The film will once again be directed by Kim Suk Yoon, who also worked on the previous two installments. Before the first shoot, he commented, “I believe that it will become a project with definite higher quality than the previous. I will work with the reliable actors to create a movie that goes beyond the script.”

Kim Ji Won added, “I am honored to participate in this great film series,” and assured that she would work hard until the very end.

“Detective K 3” (tentative title) is set to hit theaters in 2018.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/19/2017 at 1:56 AM, evie7 said:

Hey, @willenettedragonhiplz.gif?1 thanks for the update. For a while there it seemed like he had just disappeared again. I'm happy that we have a movie to look forward too.

Hi evie, KB will begin his mandatory service this month, April! He will fulfill his mandatory military duty on April 26. This is so near. I heard that due to health problems, he has been assigned to be a public service worker.  It's a hereditary illness that he has been receiving continuous treatment since his early 20s. The name of the sickness is not revealed. I heard that he tried to overcome the sickness, but failed to do so. It's a private matter, anyway. The military knows, that’s what matter. He is entitled to his privacy.  He doesn't need to reveal it. As far as I remember he was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis a few years ago. He'll be undergoing basic military training first. His enlistment location is not revealed yet, though. I will miss KB for about 2 years. The non-active duty service, e.g. civil service or public service worker, is from 24 months to 36 months. Sigh..... I hope he's ok! I wish him the best. Fighting, Kim Bum! :(

• Thanks 1

NEWS ROUNDUP: MOTHER PREMIERES IN CANNES AND MORE!

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/14/news-roundup-mother-premieres-in-cannes-and-more/

3. Kim Bum to begin mandatory service as public service worker

Looks like Kim Bum is making it to the headlines a lot these days. After last week’s confirmation that he and actress Oh Yeon-seo are a couple, Kim Bum is now set to fulfill his mandatory military duty. However, due to an undisclosed illness, the actor will be assigned to be a public service worker.

Kim Bum is set to start mandatory basic military training on April 26.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, mxxella said:

NEWS ROUNDUP: MOTHER PREMIERES IN CANNES AND MORE!

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/14/news-roundup-mother-premieres-in-cannes-and-more/

3. Kim Bum to begin mandatory service as public service worker

Looks like Kim Bum is making it to the headlines a lot these days. After last week’s confirmation that he and actress Oh Yeon-seo are a couple, Kim Bum is now set to fulfill his mandatory military duty. However, due to an undisclosed illness, the actor will be assigned to be a public service worker.

Kim Bum is set to start mandatory basic military training on April 26.

Hi mxxella,  I heard that Kim Bum was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis (Osteoarthritis) in his early 20’s! It's a chronic disorder that damages the cartilage and tissues surrounding a joint. There's pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joint that is worse in the morning and following periods of inactivity. A reduction of symptoms will usually result with lightened activity. Pain typically begins in only one or a few joints, and is most common in the weight-bearing joints of the hips, knees, and feet. Symptoms also can occur in the fingers, toes, neck, and low back. As the disease progresses, new growths of bone or cartilage can enlarge the joints and cause significant pain and loss of mobility. I heard that he has tried to overcome the illness through medication and exercising. We noticed that Kim Bum’s weight has been fluctuating over the years. I heard that it indicates that the weight loss was due to the treatment and exercise for his condition. :(

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi mxxella,  I heard that Kim Bum was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis (Osteoarthritis) in his early 20’s! It's a chronic disorder that damages the cartilage and tissues surrounding a joint. There's pain, swelling, and stiffness in the joint that is worse in the morning and following periods of inactivity. A reduction of symptoms will usually result with lightened activity. Pain typically begins in only one or a few joints, and is most common in the weight-bearing joints of the hips, knees, and feet. Symptoms also can occur in the fingers, toes, neck, and low back. As the disease progresses, new growths of bone or cartilage can enlarge the joints and cause significant pain and loss of mobility. I heard that he has tried to overcome the illness through medication and exercising. We noticed that Kim Bum’s weight has been fluctuating over the years. I heard that it indicates that the weight loss was due to the treatment and exercise for his condition. :(

@willenetteThank you for this info!!! :( 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** I’ve been always a fan of KB. I've seen everything he's been in. I hope he's receiving as much help as he can for his illness. I hope he gets well more. :lol:

Kim Bum opens up about his hereditary illness in his last pictorial/interview before military enlistment

kim-bum.jpg

'High Cut' released Kim Bum's last pictorial and interview before his military enlistment.

The actor took the time to reflect on his acting career and also spoke about the hereditary illness that disqualified him from serving as an active duty soldier. 

kim-bum_1525718894_k.jpg

On his enlistment, Kim Bum said, "I'm enlisting at an older age and it's a duty that I must fulfill." Regarding his hereditary illness, he said, "I've been going to the hospital and receiving treatments for a long time while taking breaks from projects. I need to continue going to the hospital in the future as well."

When asked which of the 'Highkick' actors he wishes to work together again, Kim Bum named Jung Il Woo and explained, "I had a meal with him a day before yesterday. Every time we meet, we talk about how nice it'll be to work together again."

More of Kim Bum's interview and pictorial can be found in the latest issue of 'High Cut'.

kim-bum_1525718894_k1.jpg

kim-bum_1525718894_k2.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

15 male Korean actors who are known for their sexy bodies

Here are some of the handsome and hot Korean actors that needs to be appreciated because they have proven over and over their ability to impress everyone with their sexiness.

Without further ado ladies, this list is made for you. Enjoy!

6. Kim Bum

473828.jpg

padam6.gif?w=300&h=170

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : http://www.ilovekstars.com/news/post/8380/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

12 School K-Dramas To Binge When You’re Bored This Summer

It’s no secret that summer is the time of year most students live for. No classes, tons of free time, and nice weather — what’s not to love?

But despite all the positives of summer break, sometimes so much time away from the classroom can get boring. You just might even find yourself missing school — everything from the lunches to the lessons to that cutie in your math class. If you find yourself wasting away summer wishing to get back in the classroom or you want to be reminded of your school days, we’ve got a list of dramas that will make you feel like you’re in homeroom already. Let’s get started!

Boys Over Flowers

Boys-Over-Flowers.jpg

The elite and extravagant Shinhwa High School is ruled by the notorious F4, four rich and spoiled boys who are used to always getting their way, especially leader Gu Joon Pyo (Lee Min Ho). But Shinhwa High School and the F4 are flipped on their heads when commoner Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun) is offered a scholarship to the school. If you’re looking to watch something iconic, then this drama is the perfect cure for the summer blues!

Catch the first episode of “Boys Over Flowers”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

15 K-Drama Couples That Turned Into Real Life Relationships

Fans could tell they were dating before it was announced.

These celebrity couples met in front of the camera, but with sparks flying all over the place with strong chemistry, they took it off the screen and began dating in real life!

9. Kim Bum & Moon Geun Young

lJheXAAZjmboBL2rDIebGt7RIQ-eNh66WTJNzBuU

Actor Kim Bum and actress Moon Geun Young met on the set of Goddess of Fire and started dating in  2013. This couple’s departure to Europe as a couple became a hot issue in Korea. The relationship lasted only about 7 months.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 Times Famous Actors Appeared In Live K-Pop Performances

These actors are taking idol collaboration to the next level.

While many actors and actresses are also talented singers or dancers, there are others who are not known for anything but acting. But in a few rare instances, these famous celebrities suddenly turn up in the middle of a K-Pop live stage, either as a story driver in the performance or an honorary member of the group, singing and dancing along – and add that something extra to the performance.

3. Kim Bum stuck in a “Princess” dance battle

Boys Over Flowers actor Kim Bum was caught in a dance battle between the “princesses” of K-Pop – Girls’ Generation, Kara, Black Pearl and Wondergirls at the 2007 Mnet Music Festival. He looks a bit stressed by all the attention from such talents!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo