[Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Detective Dee 通天狄仁傑

40somethingahjumma

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this. I noticed that they've already broadcast 12 episodes.

Tong Tian Detective Dee

Tong Tian Di Ren Jie (Lit: The Exceptional Di Ren Jie)

Episodes: 

Genre: Period, Detective

Lead Cast: Ren Jialun (The Destiny of the White Snake), Kan Qing Zi (A Different Kind of Pretty Man 2), Jiao Jun Yan (Dr Qin Medical Examiner), Li Ruo Jia (Princess Agents), Andy Chen Yi (Princess of Lanling King), Miao Jun Jie, Bai Bing

Trailer:

Available on 

http://maplestage.com/show/通天狄仁傑

• 1 month later...

I like it. There's an underlying cheesiness in the early episodes but I don't mind it. It could however be that I'm a sucker for anything Di Ren Jie. :wink: The travelling harem could become tiresome later on but so far it's quite bearable. The blossoming relationship between DRJ and Wu Mei Niang (the future Empress Wu) has some interesting aspects although Murong Qing is meant to be his primary love interest.

Considering the young cast, the acting isn't too bad.

@40somethingahjummaNice to Come across you here my fellow Princess Agent Chingu. I didn’t mind this drama either but got really tired of the triangle face Hong Jin’s character. I was hoping they can show her less and her cleavage is really distracting. Nevertheless the mysteries are quite intriguing and I agree that the acting isn’t too bad.

@tsubamee

I'm currently only up to Episode 10 so all the annoying aspects haven't become really grated yet. Heh. But I like the mysteries and how all the different deaths and criminal activities are linked together. I don't mind the kid that plays Di Ren Jie.

Truth is, I'm still in the middle of a PA fanfic so I really don't have time to watch too many episodes at any given time.

Is Hong Jin Murong Qing?

I suppose you've noticed that one of the travelling harem is the lass who plays Zhou Yu from PA.

12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@tsubameeIs Hong Jin Murong Qing?

I suppose you've noticed that one of the travelling harem is the lass who plays Zhou Yu from PA.

Hong Jin is the sister to Zhou Yu’s character and is part of Detective Dee’s travelling harem. You’ll see her very soon. She hates Murong Qing for obvious reasons. I like Zhou Yu’s character, Lan Lin. The mysteries are pretty interesting considering this is a web drama. The person playing Wu Mei Nian is also in the murder/thriller “Day and Night”

1 hour ago, tsubamee said:

Hong Jin is the sister to Zhou Yu’s character and is part of Detective Dee’s travelling harem. You’ll see her very soon. She hates Murong Qing for obvious reasons. I like Zhou Yu’s character, Lan Lin. The mysteries are pretty interesting considering this is a web drama. The person playing Wu Mei Nian is also in the murder/thriller “Day and Night”

Oh her... yes, the girl with the red dress. 

The lass that plays Wu Mei Nian looks like the medical examiner in Dr Qin, which is also another highly watchable detective web drama. I've been wondering if it's her.

Hopefully this travelling harem will be better than the one in Lin Gengxin's God of War. That one was like having a root canal done.

• 7 months later...

Archived