[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

2 minutes ago, icemaid said:

Is it just me? This actress looks like the sexier version of Park Shin Hye. :huh:

hahaha yeah a lot of people have said this online!

Coming back here for updates, and I can't wait - the cast is perfect :) A classic actor with two up and coming actors. 

• Like 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독 - Yoo Ji Tae, Woo Do Hwan and Ryu Hwa Young - Premiere on 11th of October - 2nd Teaser

I'm finally heeeeere! I'm so happy to see many old faces from Save Me thread ^^ I guess most of us are Woo Do Hwan fangirls now ahahaha he is mine, be ware...

I swear I am already having severe post Dong Cheol depression symptoms and I seriously need my weekly dose of his immense kindness, awesomeness and hotness...I am extremely excited for Woo Do Hwan's new role because it looks like a role where he would have to act like different characters, as an ex con/bad boy conning bad guys now. It's an amazing opportunity for Do Hwan to show his skills and I'm sure he'll kill it as he did with HotDamn! Sexy Dong Cheol and Cutie Pie Nerdy Dong Cheol, but I am a bit afraid. You see, Dong Cheol wasn't just any character. I've never seen a selfless, rightful and truly kind character like him in Kdramas and his backstory in Save Me makes him even more lovable. It was such a pleasure seeing him stick to his principles and just be this pure and softhearted boy despite all the horrible hardships that he went through.... I'm just afraid I won't love Min Joon as much as Dong Cheol.... Ok, Ok, I'm probably just overthinking!!! I'm sure I'll enjoy Do Hwan's acting and heavenly looks, the guy totally blew my mind in Save Me.... I just hope that Min Joon is written well, that he has depth, that he'll make me earnestly look forward to seeing him in my screen every week as much as Dong Cheol baby did...

*Prayer circle to almighty that Min Joon is another beautifully written character*

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Don't worry @kawaiibooty, I'm sure our wishes will be fulfilled . :lol:Min joon or Dong Cheul - he's gonna ace this . I'm also here for Yoo Ji Tae. Loved him so much in Healer. That's one hot ahjussi in my book. 

And I love how Apostle Jo is here with different hair !!! 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Don't worry @kawaiibooty, I'm sure our wishes will be fulfilled . :lol:Min joon or Dong Cheul - he's gonna ace this . I'm also here for Yoo Ji Tae. Loved him so much in Healer. That's one hot ahjussi in my book. 

And I love how Apostle Jo is here with different hair !!! 

You gave me goosebumps with the quote "our wishes will be fulfilled"! :wacko: 

Nice one! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독 - Yoo Ji Tae, Woo Do Hwan and Ryu Hwa Young - Premiere on 11th of October

Scam artist Woo Do-hwan joins forces with Mad Dog Yoo Ji-tae 

Only eight more days until white collar crime procedural Mad Dog premieres, starring Yoo Ji-tae (The Good Wife), Woo Do-hwan (Rescue Me), and Ryu Hwa-young (Father Is Strange)! And to help us get excited for its arrival, more teasers and stills have been released. Yay!

The plot synopsis for Mad Dog is very similar to Police Unit 38: a refreshing drama that sends a counterstrike punch to a system that normalizes insurance crime, especially for the upper class. The character descriptions are also familiar: veteran police investigator who crosses moral boundary lines to catch his criminals (Yoo Ji-tae), check; young scam-artist-turned-temporary-good-guy-for-money (Woo Do-hwan), check; and beautiful female investigator (Ryu Hwa-young), check. But the similarities may end there, because in these new teasers, you can tell it’s going to be a totally different drama from the get-go.

Setting a thriller tone with its overcast colors, the teaser begins by announcing: “Korea, The Republic of Insurance Fraud.” A series of typical insurance scams are shown, like a car accident and a biking collision. Ryu Hwa-young whispers to someone that a man running healthily on the treadmill recently received a billion won for a supposed heart condition.

But not all accidents are planned—some are real tragedies. A plane crashes in midair leading to pandemonium, and Yoo Ji-tae cries in agony. Then Woo Do-hwan offers him a proposal: “If I can prove that this wasn’t an accident, I’ll take the 2.3 billion won insurance payment.”

In brief glimpses, we see other issues that are rooted in unjust allocation of insurance funds, which end up benefitting only the upper one percent as opposed to the people who really need it. Ryu Hwa-young is shown at a public demonstration against a careless construction site that killed people. A woman asks if everything can be solved with money, and a man replies coldly, “What other than money will you use to solve the problem?” The teaser ends with Yoo Ji-tae’s statement: “Korea isn’t a nation that listens to people who are powerless and poor, but I will listen to your story.”

The other 10-second promo clip doesn’t go that much into plot detail, but I love the gritty cartoon-photo-collage style of it. Both Yoo Ji-tae and Woo Do-hwan are shown, as the copy flashes onscreen: “Dark hero insurance investigation team refreshingly turns the world upside down.”

After playing an unscrupulous prosecutor in The Good Wife, Yoo Ji-tae seems a perfect fit in Mad Dog as an anti-hero, the leader of an investigation team who doesn’t care about what methods he uses to pursue justice. And I can’t wait to see Rescue Me’s breakout star Woo Do-hwan as an intellectual criminal who ends up working for the good guys.

Ooh, I’m getting chills of excitement already. KBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama Mad Dog will begin airing on October 11.

cr:dramabeans

• Thanks 1

Annyeong... my first post in this thread and I'm in with you.:)

Cast Of New Drama “Mad Dog” Sends Chuseok Greetings To Viewers

l5XGE15QfqVA636427037304470044.jpg

The cast of “Mad Dog,” Yoo Ji Tae, Woo Do Hwan, Ryu Hwa Young, Jo Jae Yoon, and Kim Hye Sung, all sent their personal greetings to the viewers for the Chuseok holiday.

“Mad Dog” is a new Wednesday-Thursday drama directed by Kwang Ui Kyung and written by Kim Soo Jin, slated to premiere next week. On October 4, the drama dropped the first group shot of the entire cast as well as their holiday messages.

“Mad Dog” is the story of a former detective who now works as a veteran insurance investigator and leads a crack team of super investigators called the Mad Dog Team working to reveal insurance fraud.

Yoo Ji Tae, who plays the team leader Choi Kang Woo, said, “Drive safely and spend happy times with the people you love this Chuseok holiday. Please support the first episode of ‘Mad Dog’ on October 11.”

Woo Do Hwan, who plays the con artist Kim Min Joon, said, “October 4 is the nation’s great holiday, Chuseok. I hope that everyone can spend that day happily with their families. Have a bountiful Hangawi [another name for Chuseok]. Please look forward to the first episode of ‘Mad Dog’ on October 11 as well.”

Ryu Hwa Young, who plays Jang Ha Ri, the only woman on the Mad Dog Team, said, “Chuseok has arrived, the holiday where all of 2017 bears fruit. I want to tell everyone that they worked hard and went through a lot. I hope that only good things befall you from now on and that you cheer on the drama ‘Mad Dog.’ ‘Mad Dog’ will act like a vitamin by your side. Thank you.”

Jo Jae Yoon, who plays former nurse-turned-insurance-investigator Park Soon Jung, said, “I hope that everyone can eat good things and enjoy cultural activities and have a good time this Chuseok. Please watch the first episode of ‘Mad Dog’ next week as well. Thank you.”

Kim Hye Sung, who plays the genius technician Ohn Noo Ri, said, “Everyone, please drive safely and have a good Hangawi full of happiness and love. Eat good food and support the upcoming episode of ‘Mad Dog.’ Have a happy Chuseok!”

“Mad Dog” is slated to premiere on KBS on October 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/03/cast-new-drama-mad-dog-sends-chuseok-greetings-viewers/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Mad Dog> Cho Jae-yoon, another hard-carry acting premonition! First still cut released

Source: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/216998

jtLvejjr2UoO636426219021764491.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1