Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Oh my! I love the moody teaser with YJT and WDH trading info, and WDH talking informally to YJT despite YJT clearly being older. Not to mention YJT's wink back at him. It already seems to indicate that WDH's role will have some attitude and sass in this drama, and their relationship will be entertaining to watch. Then again, when doesn't WDH do attitude and sass in his roles thus far? Also, I can already imagine the set off screen where WDH is probably almost stuttering over himself at talking down to his sunbae. LOL and awww. Thanks @triplem for calling me here, and thanks @Go Seung Ji for posting the teaser.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Wasn't sure that there was a sub for the first teaser yet, so here is a translation. 

WDH: Drivers implicated 4 persons
WDH: Family members deaths expected
WDH: Only the driver surviving.
Additional caption to last comment: Insurance $700,000

YJT: Jeju Airport, attempting a landing
YJT: A pilot’s suicide flight
YJT: Large number of deaths expected
Additional caption to last comment: Insurance $3,400,000

WDH: Do you think you can handle this? (spoken informally)
(YJT winks at him in response.)

Final: KBS 2TV new Wed-Thurs drama, Mad Dog, October 11, first broadcast. 

Each line spoken is also captioned, with the insurance amounts in the captions but not spoken by the characters.

I think what I like best is the noir-ish feel of the teaser with WDH's character sitting in a room bars at the window like a depiction of a pawn shop or loan shark office or something, plus the two hander of YJT and WDH. I am so looking forward to this drama. :D  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, icemaid said:

See some familar #SaveMe peeps here @stroppyse @triplem @AlexandraReid  @MrsSoJiSub

Should I watch this or not? :lol:

Of course!!! The more the merrier  :heart:. Did u see the first teaser above ? Think there's going to be some great bromance there 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 2

@icemaid, you should totally come join us. I'm really excited about this cast. Not as familiar with the writer, but it's the writer who wrote Awl, and managed to make a riveting kdrama about union organizing without any romance even. :) If the teaser is anything to go by, it's going to have some solid bromance as well which is always something to look forward to. And, Ryu Hwa Young is 2 for 2 for me in playing feisty female characters (AoY, FIS), so I expect that she'll e feisty here as well. 

• Like 4

Can this drama come out already!?!?!! October 10th is far too long to wait for Ji Tae ahjussi oppa  and new bae Do Hwan. I need the show now. Even though o found the first teaser to be anticlimactic, I was grinning like a full watching the two fantastic actors just talk to and at one another. I can't wait to see Do Hwan kill it on his many disguises and for my perfect Ji Tae to perfect the act of being a "mad dog".

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

new stills - Ryu hwayoung

Reveal hidden contents

Is it just me? This actress looks like the sexier version of Park Shin Hye. :huh:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, icemaid said:

Is it just me? This actress looks like the sexier version of Park Shin Hye. :huh:

hahaha yeah a lot of people have said this online!

Coming back here for updates, and I can't wait - the cast is perfect :) A classic actor with two up and coming actors. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, icemaid said:

I didn't really see it at first, though perhaps there is a slight resemblance? I do agree that Ru Hwa Young has a sexier, more in-your-face vibe than Park Shin Hye does. PSH more often comes across as girl-next-door-ish. Perhaps it's because PSH was a child actress who grew up on the screen? Then again, PSH looked pretty fierce in her fight scenes in Doctors. Still, PSH has a deft touch to her acting that RHY is still developing, I think. Anyway, I really like them both, but don't think I would ever confuse the two.

2 hours ago, ChyuuNyuu said:

I came here for Woo Do Hwan and I hope I'll be able to say that I stayed for the story

LOL. I have to agree. I'm drawn by Yoo Ji Tae (it's been so long since he was in a drama) and Woo Do Hwan, but I'm really hoping that the story will match the eagerness that I feel to watch this drama.

I very much like the stills that have been released thus far, however, showing a spirited cast.

• Like 3

I'm finally heeeeere! I'm so happy to see many old faces from Save Me thread ^^ I guess most of us are Woo Do Hwan fangirls now ahahaha he is mine, be ware...

I swear I am already having severe post Dong Cheol depression symptoms and I seriously need my weekly dose of his immense kindness, awesomeness and hotness...I am extremely excited for Woo Do Hwan's new role because it looks like a role where he would have to act like different characters, as an ex con/bad boy conning bad guys now. It's an amazing opportunity for Do Hwan to show his skills and I'm sure he'll kill it as he did with HotDamn! Sexy Dong Cheol and Cutie Pie Nerdy Dong Cheol, but I am a bit afraid. You see, Dong Cheol wasn't just any character. I've never seen a selfless, rightful and truly kind character like him in Kdramas and his backstory in Save Me makes him even more lovable. It was such a pleasure seeing him stick to his principles and just be this pure and softhearted boy despite all the horrible hardships that he went through.... I'm just afraid I won't love Min Joon as much as Dong Cheol.... Ok, Ok, I'm probably just overthinking!!! I'm sure I'll enjoy Do Hwan's acting and heavenly looks, the guy totally blew my mind in Save Me.... I just hope that Min Joon is written well, that he has depth, that he'll make me earnestly look forward to seeing him in my screen every week as much as Dong Cheol baby did...

*Prayer circle to almighty that Min Joon is another beautifully written character*

• Like 1
  • LOL 2