[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이 - Mondays and Tuesdays @ 23:00 KST

Well, Ep 1 raw just ended earlier. That was long episode like 1 hr 20 mins. I watched from the start to finish . I decided not to raw recap. so I'll be waiting for the subs.

Just some though after watching the raw. Bear in mind I don't understand any dialogues. I might misunderstood some of the scenes nevertheless I want to share.

1.Survivalist guilt.

Our leads, Moon Soo and Lee Kang Doo  were both at the same shopping complex, the day tragedy struck. There was explosion or the building was imploded. I'm not sure yet. MS  younger sister died and the mom basically putting the guilt on her. She has been carrying that guilt ever since then. She is afraid of  of being trapped in an elevator or close space.  She climbed 16 floors and went down same way.   LKD also going down same flight of stairs.

LKD, his father doing some construction work,  he was with him but the father doing work and and all told him to go buy an ice cream, and when the building collapsed  the was trapped which leaves him with scar. Physical... and emotional one.  They both survived the tragedy but in exchange of that they lost someone  they love and they're both suffering from that own guilt.

2.Mental emotional physical scars

LKD has to take pain killers. For the pain his leg,  where he bore the scars of being trapped. It's healed. But he limps and cannot won't be able to do anything, it's a reminder of the tragedy . But the drugs/pain killers is also  a way to relieve emotional pain. There's anguish inside.

3. Fated hope and healing

One the night they were both feeling that guilt, she went to the father;s noodle shop,  him out and about shouting and getting mad, he was beaten lying bloodied on the back alley of the streets, MS passing by happened to see the men coming out of the alley, she stooped to looked and found  LKD  slumped. She brought him to the father's place and took care of his wounds. 

This was their second meeting. The first was on the flight of stairs of the Architectural firm. Him going down, her climbing up, she wasn't looking, , he wasn't looking bumped, but he was able to catch and hold her. She stayed a flicker of second from the embrace.

4. Seo Joo Won. (Lee Ki Woo)

That dinner scene,  I felt sad for him.  But since I didn't understand the dialogues. I don't know why.  But the ahjumma was worried form him.

This is not your happy drama. This is melodrama. Will be heavy in the heart. I'll share more thoughts and what I think of the drama once After I watch episodes 1 &2 subbed. 

"Lee Jun Ho Won Jin Ah fateful encounter with the same pain."

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0000803141

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=112&aid=0002983583

Aw. When they first meet. And both of them went to SJW.

This dinner scene. Even if I didn't understood I felt bad for him

IG pics ctto.

I hope this drama ends with the tragic death of gangdoo and the transformation of Moonsoo as a heartless richard simmons. I don't like dramas which give false hopes ... better to show the harsh reality that there is no hope for someone who dropped out from society.

46 minutes ago, kosicha said:

I hope this drama ends with the tragic death of gangdoo and the transformation of Moonsoo as a heartless richard simmons. I don't like dramas which give false hopes ... better to show the harsh reality that there is no hope for someone who dropped out from society.

If you really think like that - I hope you will drop that Drama because I hope this will never happen. :wink:

I just wanted to point out the viki version of this episode has many scenes deleted or missing. This may be due to the length of the episode. But I think it makes transition awkward.

To name a few of the scenes deleted in Viki

1.  There is a scene that explains how Kang Doo lost his father in the collapse. His father was about to leave the site with Kang Doo but he was called back to the site.

2. Why Moon Soo agrees to work with Joo Won. Moon Soo was initially reluctant to come into the office (she prefers to work at home) but after she sees Joo Won's blueprint that was lying around, some of the architectural elements catches her attention and she comments on those. Thus, she agrees to work for him even with the condition of physically working at the office. 

3. Also preview of episode 2 was missing as well.

I am sure there are more but I am just pointing out the obvious ones. 

It seems like the big accident was based on a real life event, the collapse of Sompoong mall in 95. I wonder if they'll be some of the legal controversies from that, for now everything seems to still very much revolve around the two main leads. I'm hoping to watch with subs soon. 

I've found one link, but haven't checked it out yet :

20171212_140956_8888.jpg20171212_140951_6473.jpg

I really wish to have different love lines for this drama and not a love triangle. Because if there's a love triangle second lead syndrome strike then.

@jongski ep 1 hr 20 min.......where I can watch that one.

The one I watch only 1 hr 6 min.

Soft sub file available on subscene subtitles and other drama sites also uploaded the subbed episode 1

Another scene that was missing in the shortened version is

After he leaves the Director's office, Kang Doo massages his legs while looking at the sun shining bright. He then buys an umbrella and tells the vendor to leave the umbrella out since it will start raining soon. The vendor is doubtful that it will start raining since it's so sunny.  It's hinted here that Kang Doo could feel it in his legs if the rain is coming. 

I watch the long version raw so I don't know where you will be able to watch the subbed long version that's being broadcast in Korea.

19 hours ago, jongski said:

This is not your happy drama. This is melodrama. Will be heavy in the heart. I'll share more thoughts and what I think of the drama once After I watch episodes 1 &2 subbed. 

Thanks chingu for the mini recap and Thanks @itgirl for the recap of the deleted scenes.  I will come back later too when both episodes are subbed too.

viki does have episode 1 at 96%, this is the version the illegal sites have up w/subs so I recommend those that have it available in their region watch it there.  It's nice to be able to watch a drama somewhere legally with the way it's been so scattered finding subs these days:wink:

I watched it a few times now - first half of it on Air (I know now the long version)

than the short version with subs and last but not least the long Version Raw.

I wish they would have just used the long version.

First Scene missing (i guess) in a Scene from the Past - right after the Scene in the Hair Saloon. I can´t understand koren - just a few words thanks to so many Dramas but I am often right with my feeling about a scene - Moon Soos and Yeon Soos Mother arrived at the Mall and the let them out of the Car. She used her older Daughter as a Slave again - she needed to carry a lot stuff for her wonderful Sister. If I understood it right Moon Soo asked for a mobile phone. She don´t have one but her sister have. But Mother is against it again. This Mother was so unfair in the past --- today she is broken but even so she found herself guilty now - she still did not understood what she had done to Moon Soo - as I see it.

Mother left the Girls and we see the Scene in the Mall.

Poor Moon Soo... her life was never that happy. I wonder who the Boy was she wanted to meet.

And I wonder who it was who helped Gang Doo. If I understand it right someone must have pulled the bar out of his leg (aaaahhh - that hurts) otherwise he had died in the still collapsing Building. GD was wearing gray - the Person who rescued him was in white - so was it Moon Soo. Did she really forget everything what happend or ist it her feeling of guilt to lie about it. I guess she forgot - that was a shock. So she could forget about the Boy too.

What did we know about the tragedy - weather - wonderful - no storm - no earthquake - no reason for such a disaster. The only thing is that there where a construction side in the Mall - Gang Doos Dad worked there.

Moon Soo - as I see it - was never really happy. Mother loved her Princess DAughter who became a Child Actress. Her Parents seems to argue about the often. Dong Chuld - MSs Father asked if Mother was not there (the Mall) because she tried to sell her Daughter again. On the other Side - Mother was not happy that Dad was so often not there - busy with work. Thats just a way to avoid the situation too.

Seems like Moon Soo was used to Babysit and a lot more for her sister. Honestly if that Girl had lived she would be a very spoiled young women in the present. She knew well that Mother favors her.

But Moon Soo found herself a friend and she was happy and hopefull on that Day....

Gang Doo on his Side seemed to have a good Life and we know he had a strong Dream... crushed.

As for Joo Won - someone more who is kinda miserable. His Mother married a rich man to help him but she is now only used as a maid for her ill husband and the first Son seems to hate her and Yoo Jin.

If I got it right - the Sister who is about to come and take over Joo Wons Company - is in real the Sister from the older Brother and not Blood realted to Joo Won. So it can be that she feels more for her "Brother". If they where already at an older age when the old CEO married Joo Wons Mom - that can happen.

I guess I need to stop - I never planned to write that much.

From my side - I never expected a light and funny Drama to come - but he sometimes hearthurting and sometimes heartwarming Drama. I hope I will get what I wait for - I love the start and I am impressed with the acting. Only saw Junho in one Movie before - liked him but his role was not that big. He as Gang Doo is for me perfect.

The Drama created wanderful Pictures and Scenes already and I loved the side road scene - incl. the music.

Can´t watch on Air today - I am not at Home - but I can´t wait to see more when I come back in the evening.

10 hours ago, itgirl said:

I just wanted to point out the viki version of this episode has many scenes deleted or missing. This may be due to the length of the episode. But I think it makes transition awkward.

To name a few of the scenes deleted in Viki

1.  There is a scene that explains how Kang Doo lost his father in the collapse. His father was about to leave the site with Kang Doo but he was called back to the site.

2. Why Moon Soo agrees to work with Joo Won. Moon Soo was initially reluctant to come into the office (she prefers to work at home) but after she sees Joo Won's blueprint that was lying around, some of the architectural elements catches her attention and she comments on those. Thus, she agrees to work for him even with the condition of physically working at the office. 

3. Also preview of episode 2 was missing as well.

I am sure there are more but I am just pointing out the obvious ones. 

As I've mentioned previous post. I watched the live stream broadcast premiere and it was long like 1 hr 20 minutes.   Perhaps, they cut it. I don't know but lets wait for the full sub of ep 1.   And ep 2 was couple of hours ago. As usual it's raw,   I watched but didn't do any recap.  I'll share thoughts later as I did for episode 1 premiere.

@Mau_Cherry  Good to see another chingu watching the drama.

"What did we know about the tragedy - weather - wonderful - no storm - no earthquake - no reason for such a disaster. The only thing is that there where a construction side in the Mall - Gang Doos Dad worked there."

My theory I mentioned after watching ep 1 raw,  because  everything inside that part mall rattled but just that part complex,  it could be implosion- where they destroy a building so a new one can be  constructed ( IRL this is done to vacant bldg) . Or there was an explosion.  I could be wrong so I'll watch the the subs ep 1 and 2 once it's done.

But having said that they're both suffering from the tragedy. Both don't know they were there  the exact same place  same time when it collapsed.  Fated to heal and comfort even w/o knowing.

Archived