[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

19 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

@martanur when I saw preview, MS face is mean something and I remember I read you post. and You are Right. :-)

his cover her, and she almost disappers :lol:  These two just...:wub:

Dear @piekeboeboe Ah yup, thank you. I guessed she was sick because Won Jin Ah has a great acting skill and her face expression was so on point. The preview showing her bedroom, she wore nightshirt, she let her hair loose and...moreover her line was 'I said I am okay' (that's what I remember, if it was wrong...sorry, my mistake). 

The scene in a bus stop is so sweeetttt :wub:  yes, I saw how small WJA's face and it was quite funny because we can only see her head. Oh, this couple is full of cuteness :D   

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, baranblaq said:

Yes, i hope this drama have happy end as well! 

I really love this drama since the beginning, very authentic story line with brilliant acting. But now, since watching GD have a nosebleed, i am little bit worried that i am gonna cry at the end. Sighh............. very frustrating! :confounded:

3 hours ago, martanur said:

Hello @piekeboeboe ... I was wondered too what the PD-nim said at that time. Then, I found news articles in Soompi about Just Between Lovers press conference. I can't read Hangeul, so I have to lurk into English media outlets to understand their words :) Hope it can help you to understand the situation. But, there are some friends who expert in Hangeul here, maybe they can help you more.

Here are the links:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/12/05/just-lovers-pd-shares-decided-cast-2pms-junho-won-jin-ah/

https://www.soompi.com/2017/11/29/just-between-lovers-director-reveals-won-jin-ah-chosen-female-lead/

@martanur  Thank you so much. Yes this article help a lot :-)

Stil,I feel like there is something more than article wrote.

If moment "0:33" Director said "Handsome", I think JunHo will react different. It's look like he "Hah?" and his face LOL (shy) embrassing.

If moment "1:33" I also don't think director say "Charm" to Won jin Ah and She,JunHo act that way.

I was desperate to know. I even google know to download sub from youtube clip for try to using google translation that sub which automatically create.It's didn't help and I LOST in translation...LOL

I really really hope and wish for happy ending.
Also I prepare too. For whatever this drama happy end or sad end. I am happy watching/(suffer)waiting/F5/youtube(reply)/instagram/ and being here in this thread.

while re-watch episode 3, i'm so ready for preview scenes (exclude the last part)

Spoiler

XYUWFYd.jpg

jOPf5YP.jpg

VvNBWia.jpg

Om3eLSp.jpg

I said  many pages ago after watching episode one raw  not understanding anything, posted my thoughts and said I love this drama.  That hasn't change. There is beautiful sadness and warmth of love healing and comfort extended to traumatized person. This drama also  shows how victims of a horrible tragedies should  not be just name on a marker. If you've seen that scene on ep 9 where MS was speaking to the husband of woman who was killed in the accident, he even wanted name of their dog  placed besides the wife's name on the marker.  He shared a story. That was sad.  It was beautiful yet sad. Simple scenes like that but leaves an impact to the viewers. And you have to laud the writer and director. Simple scene  w/ simple actor. Viewers  got to focused on the scene. The importance of  simple request for the misery of husband who lost his wife in that horrible accident.

Like this scene below. Monn Soo. She was tough. She was assertive. She was angry. She demanded and insisted.

"Apologize to Gang Doo.I said to apologize! Who's insignificant? instead of laying the memorial stones, Gang Doo went around meeting the family of the bereaved in order to it properly. Gang Doo's work is not insignificant! Apologize to Gang Doo. Tell him he''s working hard. Thank him."  -Mon Soo, ep 9

DTIGWKUWAAAtC8Z.jpg

ctto

And Won Jin Ah as Mon Soo. I love it. We can see the talent. More dramas I hope.

Lee Jun Ho. in page 1, I said I only know him from his first drama "Memory" because I watch  that from start to finish.  Not much soompiers on that thread but I  said this guys got potential. I was right. DO, SIG are the other idols that's got that good acting. (check  I Remember You).

Nam Da Reum. What can I say, future oppa and Daesang winner. Mark my words.

After episode 8, I don't really post that much in the thread but I watch this drama raw every Mon-Tues. 

Thanks  for updates everyone. ^^

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@piekeboeboe, I actually wrote up a slightly longer length of the clip than you had asked for so that what the director said could be put into context. Also, I did it more as a synopsis than a line by line translation. Hope that's okay.

@stroppyse  Now I understand why JunHo react because of more as a synopsis. Director give a whole thought about JunHo and he very focus on listen as well as others. All did not expect that the director will add "good looking" :wub:

Also Director tell that Won Jin Ah take calming pill also added "she really did a horrible reading"  kkk (JunHo laugh :lol:)

Thank you so much very much.I (imagine) thanks you by buy you a Sugar Twister Bread. 
This place taste is good, recommended by GD :lol:  Thank you so much!

2PuyFc1.png

Spoiler

vbJ8ow8.jpg

1 hour ago, jongski said:

Lee Jun Ho. in page 1, I said I only know him from his first drama "Memory" because I watch  that from start to finish.  Not much soompiers on that thread but I  said this guys got potential. I was right. DO, SIG are the other idols that's got that good acting. (check  I Remember You).

Nam Da Reum. What can I say, future oppa and Daesang winner. Mark my words.

After episode 8, I don't really post that much in the thread but I watch this drama raw every Mon-Tues. 

Thanks  for updates everyone. ^^

@jongski   I only saw him from his first drama "Memory" too. I was surprised with his talent in Memory. I don't know where I've been I never heared of Good Manager. 

I miss your beautiful written post here in this thread. 

@stroppyse How's your feet btw? Hope it feels better already so you can get back to your regular activities. 

I want to ask you what is the literal translation of title of this drama? Since there is an alternate title "Rain or Shine", which to be honest I like better. Then there is Just Between Lovers, then Just Lovers. The Chinese title goes with "Just a Relationship of Loving Each Other"

TIA!

4 Friendships That Are Warming Our Hearts In “Just Between Lovers”

Just-Between-Lovers23.jpg

Spoiler

In JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Just Between Lovers,” the story revolves around the relationship between Kang Doo (2PM’s Junho) and Moon Soo (Won Jin Ah) as they share their pain and heal together. However, there are other friendships in the drama that are warming the hearts of viewers.

See Also: GOT7's JB, Yubin, 2PM's Wooyoung, And More Confirmed For JYP Special Of "I Can See Your Voice"

Director Kim Jin Won had once explained that the drama had been created to show how people heal from scars and help each other overcome difficulties. Here are four friendships in “Just Between Lovers” that show characters doing just that.

1. A Gift from God and the Compass of Life. Junho and Na Moon Hee

Na-Moon-Hee-2PM-Junho1.jpg

The bond between Kang Doo and Grandma was so strong that one almost forgot that they first met as a creditor and debtor. Though Grandma used simple words, they carried a depth that only comes from a long life lived and provided warm comfort to Kang Doo. She had been a rock that had helped Kang Doo keep standing and had been like a compass that has guided him through life.

For Kang Doo, Grandma was like the only gift left from God after the accident took everything away from him. So even when she was nearing the end of her life, she left him many things in the hopes that he could live a better life. She told him, “Live the way you want to,” and “Do your best to be happy,” worrying about Kang Doo till the very end and her warmth and love left a permanent mark on Kang Doo’s heart.

2. Soulmates who met during a time of despair. Won Jin Ah and Park Hee Bon

Park-Hee-Bon-Won-Jin-Ah.jpg

Moon Soo and Wan Jin (Park Hee Bon) are like soulmates and sisters who share everything about themselves with each other. Even though Moon Soo is used to pushing down and bottling up her pain since the loss of her sister Yeon Soo (Han Seo Jin), she seeks out Wan Jin whenever she has a problem. The reason why Moon Soo is able to open up to Wan Jin is because the two met during the lowest moments of their lives.

They first met in a hospital when Moon Soo was recovering from the collapse of a shopping mall and Wan Jin was recovering from a motorcycle accident. The two overcame their most painful moments together and that is why Wan Jin is someone Moon Soo feels comfortable talking to. Wan Jin also knows of Moon Soo’s forgotten past and all the pain she kept locked up. It is because they know everything about each other that it is when she was with Wan Jin that Moon Soo can be her true self.

3. Odd but pithy comfort, a flowery bromance between Junho and Kim Kang Hyun

Kim-Kang-Hyun-2PM-Junho.jpg

Sang Man (Kim Kang Hyun), who always brings a smile to Kang Doo’s face with his odd and cute moments, is like a brother to Kang Doo. When Kang Doo was pushing Moon Soo away, Sang Man acted as the Cupid between the two, and his yearning for Kang Doo while he was away proved just how connected the the two were.

Sang Man often helps Kang Doo realize things and provides comfort with his odd but deep understanding of the world. Like Grandma, Sang Man is like a gift from God for Kang Doo. It was because of this that Kang Doo’s plea to Sang Man that, “You have to live longer than me,” after he finds out about Grandma’s brain tumor is more heartbreaking.

4. A savior and friend met at rock bottom, Junho and Yoon Se Ah

Yoon-Se-Ah-2PM-Junho.jpg

Kang Doo and Ma Ri (Yoon Se Ah) were like siblings who always helped each other out. Their first meeting was special. Ma Ri was being attacked on the street and no one was helping her. Just when she felt like she was going to die, Kang Doo was the only one who stepped in to save her. He stayed by her side to take some of the blows, and that’s when Kang Doo became a savior and friend to Ma Ri. When everyone was worrying about Kang Doo after Grandma’s death, Ma Ri was the one who believed in him and waited for him, saying that he’s not the kind of person to give up like that. Kang Doo and Ma Ri are cut from the same cloth as their hard exteriors hide a warm and caring center.

The production staff of “Just Between Lovers” said, “The characters are sharing the various emotions that form between them and using them to heal their wounds. The remaining episodes will keep following them as they heal and come closer together.”

“Just Between Lovers” has just four episodes left till it ends, and the next episode is set to air on January 22 at 11 p.m. KST on JTBC.

Which has been your favorite friendship in the drama so far?

SOOMPI

Apart from JW and MS parents and I know they will be redeemed ((ie MS's ), I don't actually hate any of the characters in this drama. The characters are very matured. I'm supposed to hate the president but I don't.  He is actually not happy. Don't like what he does and married to the wrong person. He feels like one who is caged and want to be free but can't so the effect shows in his behaviour. 

I'm yet to see the chairman. He is the cause of all this. I hope he receives his punishments well deserved. I wonder what mummy JW will do if eventually the man happens to go to jail since she can't stay on her own. Migrate to another man? What a mother.  In fact JW mum and the chairman are the worst character with no remedies. 

@jongski Memory was Junho's first drama and I'm glad that he got to show his talent in an amazing drama. The first time when I saw him and Nam Da Reum posing side by side during Memory filming, I can see the similarity in their face so I'm so happy when I heard that he will be the younger version of GD. I also agree Nam Da Reum will big someday, he got the looks and talent.

Spoiler

Back to JBL, I'm wondering if GD and MS will meet all the victim's family or whether they choose randomly. If they have to meet them all, there will be a time when they have to face SJ's family. It's not going to be easy since they both feels guilty at him.

On 20.1.2018 at 2:06 PM, xcalibur07 said:

@jongski Memory was Junho's first drama and I'm glad that he got to show his talent in an amazing drama. The first time when I saw him and Nam Da Reum posing side by side during Memory filming, I can see the similarity in their face so I'm so happy when I heard that he will be the younger version of GD. I also agree Nam Da Reum will big someday, he got the looks and talent.

Hide contents

Back to JBL, I'm wondering if GD and MS will meet all the victim's family or whether they choose randomly. If they have to meet them all, there will be a time when they have to face SJ's family. It's not going to be easy since they both feels guilty at him.

And here comes the question I asked before - is he on the list?

He should be - but why do I have a strange feeling about that. And GD always reacts to the - some bodies are still not found - part.

If he is on the list - he might be one of the last names - because the list started with the first found victim as I saw that.

Me too - NDR will be a great Actor one day - he already is for his young Age.

@darr Same here. but I don't like Jung Yoo Taek.  Was it a sincere apology when he did that presscon? Or did he want to save face, save company? I understand that reaction of Moon Soo's father at the noodle shop seeing him there as it  painful memories of that terrible accident and the aftermath. He is still grieving.  As is the  the mother. And  finding out that  MS is working for the firm that will  build 'Bio Town' complex.. to replace the S Mall.. wounds and hurt of that terrible accident will open up again.  JW is also grieving... the suicide of the his father who got most of the blame for the accident. They all blame his father.. Somebody has to take responsibility for that terrible accident and his father took all the blame.  With 4 episodes to go, the truth behind the accident will be exposed. Gang Doo, Moon Soo, Joo Won and everybody whose lives were affected by that tragedy, they need to hear, to understand, to accept.

There  are many foretelling foreshadowing of things to happen with Gang Doo, the blue pills, the  nosebleed, the doctor telling the sister that Gang  Doo should be tested. Granny telling hm, will not take away the pain his feeling inside. Him telling granny he'll see her 'there'.  More or less.. it's like going in that direction. 

Another good thing about this drama the importance given the  lives of the ones left  behind by the tragedy. It's highlighted meeting victims families. And it night be small thing for other viewers but it's big thing  (for me anyway) about the lighting and the camera work for this drama.  Production is really good.  The boat scenes, the running scenes against the backdrop of the  ocean/pier. The brooding of Gang Doo  with the  bridge behind that matches the mood of the scenes.

DToOeu_VQAAmVOp.jpg

DToOeu-U8AAoJ4O.jpg

While this drama is beautiful and sad.. it evens it out with  cuteness of Moon Soo and Gang Doo's friendship and love and romance and the comfort and healing.

sc cr: outofcontextk/junho

@jongski, I'm with u on GD not being OK.  How can he actually be OK when he is constantly feeling pains . The leg is still painin him. I had a minor accident on one of my legs around 8 yrs ago and I discovered it's getting worst as the days goes by. Had to book for comprehensive check on the said leg. A small thing o. Not to talk of his type of accident. I also think he may have a tumor on his head or something cos he always hold that head and hallucinate.  It might be minor and can be treated. Who knows, with how the preview looks like, he may end up in the hospital and the sis will use the opportunity to examine him. But I pray it can be  corrected. I just want him to be happy.  He has suffered enough. 

7 hours ago, jongski said:

Another good thing about this drama the importance given the  lives of the ones left  behind by the tragedy. It's highlighted meeting victims families. And it night be small thing for other viewers but it's big thing  (for me anyway)

@jongski First i'm only interested OTP the chemistry, then I fall in love with GD MS/plot story/cinematography, light, productions. Later I realized that I'm more interest to see GD MS visiting victim family more than other lead JW/JY. So it's mean big to me and I'm looking for that GD and MS visiting family.

7 hours ago, jongski said:

about the lighting and the camera work for this drama.  Production is really good.  The boat scenes, the running scenes against the backdrop of the  ocean/pier. The brooding of Gang Doo  with the  bridge behind that matches the mood of the scenes.

Thanks for mentions the running scenes, I am looking this scenes with more different and more beautiful from now.

//

I'm now re-watch, I see more details I have missed.
I summery some scenes, and would like to share...

Ep.1

Moon Soo, Gang Doo

Spoiler

shine

xNW4NEI.jpg

a bit stuffy

Spoiler

RI2j15I.jpg

First Episode, Their hands

Spoiler

Gx2JCS4.jpg

(at night) Nightmare, Can't sleep, GD went out fight! , (morning) Walked back home

Spoiler

QzHTvDG.jpg

Angry

Spoiler

J6sq5Ea.jpg

//

Ep. 2

GD: "I also working here"

Spoiler

oGWsSN8.jpg

GD is at noodle shop and found out that MS is owner's daugther who help him at alleyway
and then....

Spoiler

jpufkBC.jpg

GD YT  at Ep.2 (roll turn in Ep.12!)

Spoiler

9ijKCCA.jpg

"I met strange guy"

Spoiler

SNjUAfH.jpg

MS: "Don't be like that on construction site, since one mistake could put everyone at risk"
GD: "When you are about to die, the only person you care for is yourself"

Spoiler

32kRn9G.jpg

Archived