[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

@GoSeungJi - Thank you for the update. For networks, main prime time slot for major  kdramas is still Wed- Thurs between 8-10. Good luck  JTBC opening new time slot for Mon-Tues. Though it's a bit late around 11 pm it is still okay. I'm looking forward to the drama. as I like previous works PD, and writer nim.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because this a drama I'm waiting for.  December premiere from the writer of Innocent Man, Wonderful Days, and director of Secret Love, and Snowy Road. Yeah I want that well written old fashion type of melodrama. Remember in Secret Love, Ji Sung  and intersection scene..still is one my favorite in kdrama viewing. I'm not sure what I'm really expecting about. Just a drama where it hits you. It gets your emotions.

And casting news. The rise of young actress. Park  Si Eun. Just look at her drama credentials. Signal. SFD, The Good Wife, Queen for Seven Days, Criminal Minds. This time she'll play younger version of Wo Jin Ah.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이 - Lee Jun Ho and Won Jin Ah - 1st Teasers Out

A look over the water with the leads of Just Between Lovers

by tipsymocha (dramabeans)

justbetweenlovers-teaser102.jpg

I have a feeling that Junho is going to tear my heart out in this one. He’s done a 180 from his previous drama role in Chief Kim, looking decidedly worse for wear in this first teaser for JTBC’s Just Between Lovers. There’s also a short character teaser for rookie Won Jin-ah’s character, and I love how beautifully both clips were shot. Hopefully, we’ll see more of the same in the actual show.

The main leads’ backstories in Just Between Lovers are quite tragic: Junho’s character Kang-doo was an aspiring soccer player who lost both his dreams and his family in one fell swoop when an accident kills his father and leaves him with leg injuries that require three years of rehabilitation. He ends up living in the back streets as a rough but strong youth.

Kang-doo’s teaser sees him on an industrial pier, as he asks, “The person who brought me here. Who is she, that woman?” Eugh, the way he smiles with all of those cuts on his face and neck… Stop making me tear up already!

Won Jin-ah will play Moon-soo, a modeler at an architecture firm who has her own share of trauma, but hides it behind a smiling facade. After an accident takes her younger sister’s life, Moon-soo carries the heavy burden of living in her sister’s stead, in order to atone for her survivor’s guilt. What a horrible weight to shoulder; it’s like she’s not really living. In her character teaser, Moon-soo looks out over the Busan coastline as she thinks to herself, “It’s a dream. A dream that ends the same way no matter what I do.”

Though I have no doubt this show will have its tearjerker melo moments, I’m hoping the focus will be on how these damaged people will heal each other through a sweet, contemplative love story. I haven’t seen Won Jin-ah act before (she’s had a string of bit parts in movies and is still a rookie), but she reportedly beat out over a hundred other actresses for the role and the producers have said her chemistry with Junho has surpassed their expectations, so I’m looking forward to watching them together.

The cast, on a whole, is a strong one, with Kang Hanna (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), Lee Ki-woo (Woman of Dignity), Yoon Se-ah (Forest of Secrets), Na Mun-hee (Dear My Friends), Tae In-ho (Man to Man), and Park Hee-bon(Argon) rounding out an impressive supporting lineup. It would be nice to see them in character soon, to see how they factor into our leads’ lives.

JTBC is bringing back their Monday-Tuesday drama slot

Thank for updates.

If I haven't mentioned it already, this 1 of the 3 dramas I'm anticipating. A good  old school melo drama. I've never watched Chief Kim so, I don't know how Junho's acting there but.... I've seen him in his first drama  my 2016 favorite "MEMORY" (from tvN w/ Lee Sung Min) and he was  good there.  These drama is about two damaged  emotionally, physically scarred characters. trying to find comfort and heal each other.  Last drama where I cried much was  Oh My Geumbi. This might be the drama where I'll tear up much again.

OT: The other drama I'm waiting, is My Ajusshi which also has same theme as this in a way, deals with comfort and healing.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이 - Lee Jun Ho and Won Jin Ah
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 4:01 PM, 0ly40 said:

A look over the water with the leads of Just Between Lovers

by tipsymocha (dramabeans)

I have a feeling that Junho is going to tear my heart out in this one. He’s done a 180 from his previous drama role in Chief Kim, looking decidedly worse for wear in this first teaser for JTBC’s Just Between Lovers. There’s also a short character teaser for rookie Won Jin-ah’s character, and I love how beautifully both clips were shot. Hopefully, we’ll see more of the same in the actual show.

The main leads’ backstories in Just Between Lovers are quite tragic: Junho’s character Kang-doo was an aspiring soccer player who lost both his dreams and his family in one fell swoop when an accident kills his father and leaves him with leg injuries that require three years of rehabilitation. He ends up living in the back streets as a rough but strong youth.

Kang-doo’s teaser sees him on an industrial pier, as he asks, “The person who brought me here. Who is she, that woman?” Eugh, the way he smiles with all of those cuts on his face and neck… Stop making me tear up already!

Won Jin-ah will play Moon-soo, a modeler at an architecture firm who has her own share of trauma, but hides it behind a smiling facade. After an accident takes her younger sister’s life, Moon-soo carries the heavy burden of living in her sister’s stead, in order to atone for her survivor’s guilt. What a horrible weight to shoulder; it’s like she’s not really living. In her character teaser, Moon-soo looks out over the Busan coastline as she thinks to herself, “It’s a dream. A dream that ends the same way no matter what I do.”

Though I have no doubt this show will have its tearjerker melo moments, I’m hoping the focus will be on how these damaged people will heal each other through a sweet, contemplative love story. I haven’t seen Won Jin-ah act before (she’s had a string of bit parts in movies and is still a rookie), but she reportedly beat out over a hundred other actresses for the role and the producers have said her chemistry with Junho has surpassed their expectations, so I’m looking forward to watching them together.

The cast, on a whole, is a strong one, with Kang Hanna (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo), Lee Ki-woo (Woman of Dignity), Yoon Se-ah (Forest of Secrets), Na Mun-hee (Dear My Friends), Tae In-ho (Man to Man), and Park Hee-bon(Argon) rounding out an impressive supporting lineup. It would be nice to see them in character soon, to see how they factor into our leads’ lives.

JTBC is bringing back their Monday-Tuesday drama slot

Is it the regular 16 episodes??

A drama I've been waiting.  I like the story. I like the PD, Writer Nim.  Plus I prefer LJH doing  melodrama (not rom-com)

And Won Jin A...  new comer.  She looks like a young Soo Ae.  Likely/could be breakout star after this drama.   Want to see good acting to match the visual.

IG credit: asianwiki, binahearts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived