[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, itgirl said:

Sorry to cut your post short. But I will try to answer some of your questions. I might have more knowledge since I've read the character description on the drama website and watched the 8 minute highlight of the drama that included scenes from future episodes.

If it's part of the character description, I don't think it's spoiler. If it's part of the highlight clip, I will write *spoiler alert*

1. 'How did he fall apart with his sister?'

KD was a promising soccer player and he was in a coma for three months after the accident. Then he was hospitalized for three years while going through rebab for his leg. During this time, his mother sells the house and started a restaurant. But the restaurant closes down 2 months after because she was conned. When KD is finally able to stand up (I am thinking literally and figuratively), his mom collapses due to cancer. She dies when he's 18 (17 in actual age).  When he gets himself together at age 20 (19 in actual age), he finds himself with bad credit history and no education or skills. He does everything he can because he doesn't want to become a burden to his sister (who is 2 years younger than KD)

From his sister's perspective, according to the character description, it says "KD is just a pathetic older brother who lives as he pleases and unlike her, dispirited. She doesn't understand him for always being haunted and chained by the past. However, he's her only family, at the most decisive moment, she always sides with him."

I am not sure if this is an answer to your question but I think it provides better understanding.

2. When will MS come to terms with her feelings and tell her mom she wasn't with her sister when the accident happen?

*spoiler alert*

It seems like MS suffers from memory loss. So it's possible that MS really doesn't remember this.

3. 'Will our two leads find out they were near each other when the accident occured?'

*spoiler alert*

KD finds out and is initially upset that MS doesn't remember. But he finds out that MS is suffering from a memory loss, so he's divided on whether he should tell her or not. Grandma tells him to keep it a secret. 

THANK YOU!!!!!! love-heart-raccoon-emoticon.gif?13027740

Can you tell me where I can watch this long Clip?? Maybe I missed that out here.

I am really greatful that he has Grandmo. Seems she is the only Person he can talk about stuff he normaly don´t want to share.

So MS really can´t remember. I like it more like that. Her lying - please not.

34 minutes ago, itgirl said:

From his sister's perspective, according to the character description, it says "KD is just a pathetic older brother who lives as he pleases and unlike her, dispirited. She doesn't understand him for always being haunted and chained by the past. However, he's her only family, at the most decisive moment, she always sides with him."

2. When will MS come to terms with her feelings and tell her mom she wasn't with her sister when the accident happen?

*spoiler alert*

It seems like MS suffers from memory loss. So it's possible that MS really doesn't remember this.

3. 'Will our two leads find out they were near each other when the accident occured?'

*spoiler alert*

KD finds out and is initially upset that MS doesn't remember. But he finds out that MS is suffering from a memory loss, so he's divided on whether he should tell her or not. Grandma tells him to keep it a secret. 

Thanks for explaining the character descriptions, they're quite thorough lol. We know GD is still paying off his mom's debts, I love the sibling relationship in this drama, although I do have to wonder does his sister not know that they're in debt? Is that why he decided to move out (in which case, GD please stop piling on even more debt on your shoulders and let your sister pay for her school fees smh)? I hope the drama will address this, and have more of this relationship. Even though they're quite detached, we can still feel the sibling warmth between them, and I love the idea that she's still on his side no matter what.

I also love that most of the really dramatic moments are made as character back story. Of course I'm sure we'll be getting more flashbacks, but I love that their pain is reflected through their emotions rather than all-out gut wrenching scenes for dramatic purposes. Of course, it helps that these actors are all good at wordlessly emoting their feelings.

So MS really doesn't remember what happened, maybe this implies that there's more to their interaction after the building collapsed. I was assuming that they didn't know each other and GD was the only one aware of MS's existence. It's interesting how every flashback seems to pull away at more layers to the story, it feels like we're waiting to see the full picture for both the past and the present at the same time.

Anyway, I'm excited for this week's episode, the 3rd and 4th ep is going to be the make or break episodes for me, but I have a feeling I'll be sticking around lol.

On 12/15/2017 at 6:42 PM, triplem said:

Hello dear chingus

Please  do not give links or mention any illegal streaming sites. 

I understand getting subs maybe tough. So I suggest if you have found a subbed site , just mention you have one & whoever is interested should send you a private message for the link.

Ok, I understand. Sorry, I posted the link before. This made me look through the rules carefully now.

2 hours ago, babycrayon said:

Ok, I understand. Sorry, I posted the link before. This made me to look through the rules carefully now.

Don´t worry - we all needed to learn that once. Please feel free to ask if you need help or have questions. We all where the Newbies (Rookie or Idol in this case) once too.

We love this Page so we all need to take care about it a bit.

Waiting for Monday to come - really before I found out about KDrama World I would call anybody crazy who would have told me that one Day I will hope Monday to come sooner. I loved my Weekends so much. :D

23 hours ago, ganko said:

Hello everyone!

I'm also really liking this drama :)  I didn't expect Lee Ki Woo having such great chemistry with Won Jin ah, i really liked their interactions...but i can't handle any more second lead syndrome this year, Namgil in Go back couple destroyed me haha...Luckily Junho is great in the drama too, looking forward to the otp scenes next week~ 

Yup.  That scene inside the elevator. He knew She was getting claustrophobic and trembling, so he engaged her in a conversation until they got to 16th floor.  Aw.. They have like older bro /protector kinda feel to it.  She's good with Junho too.  All 3 of the main leads are going to rough time because of the accident 12 yrs ago. GD is the one to watch because. He's hurting, physically,  mentally, emotionally.  And when you watch that scene of  GD  you can see  the pain that torments him.  The physical pain on his knees, he's limping, wobbling. it transcends to that emotional pain That was a good scene.

Won Jin Ah, a new actress.. One to watch for!

ctto as tagged.

@itgirl Thanks for the translations and spoiler bits!

9 hours ago, itgirl said:

*spoiler alert*

Yup, that is what I thought. Hence the dream sequence with having her face her smiling sister.: it is as if her subconscious built that memory to fill in her memories... It is symbolic as it expresses the loss.

As with telling her mom, I hope it won't create too much drama. I mean the mother feels guilty too since she was in part responsible for her younger daughter being in that mall that day (the photoshoot). Perhaos they can all come to terms with the "what if"s that such a loss engender.

Wow, those characters' description are very precise! It's interesting to see what happened to GD and his family. I hope we get to see a bit more of his sister.

I am also so curious as to know what happened in the rumbles. Like I said, for GD to say that when faced with death one only cares about his/her own survival, it got me worried that sthg bad might have happened between the two. I hope not!...

Ok I hope that a lot of things won't happen: guess I always get worried with dramas... So far so good: it does not go too much into exaggerated pathos. I hope it stays that way: subtle and haunting.

@babycrayon - like @Mau_Cherry said, we all made that mistake before!... he he...

"Is it good? You feel like drinking when you fired me and ripped me off? I get all the suffering and you get all the fun? These days! Bad guys live comfortably! What the crap is this?!" - Lee Gang  Doo, ep 1.

DQ8qi6eXcAAuMec.jpg

Spoiler

DQ8qjJXXUAIuz2W.jpg

DQ8qifJX4AU-hNl.jpg

DQ65l_5VQAEZNOh.jpg

DQ65l_1U8AEII21.jpg

DQ65l_2V4AA0mct.jpg

Pics cr desty and bluekdrama

10 minutes ago, ziarama said:

I love her. Never seen her  before, but I'll keep watching. 

I have also never seen her but I am so obsessed with her and especially her voice! She really has an amazing voice!

@jongski This really represents GD very well. The anger faced with how unfair it all is...

@carolinedl Same here. I don't know her.  But love her voice too. Strong and big and husky to it.  We might be seeing breakout star. Good acting from her.

Tracking scenes, aerial drone to see the port on the horizon. It's good camera work. You have to appreciate The one below, if you watched that whole scene when the mother was drunk, shouting , MS fetching her   she led her away.. They showed the ground then it pans slowly to see  MS walking with her mother.  Foreground pans then you'll see the the background the bridge?  then ship/vessel was passing by. Nice work for that.

all pics ctto

DRDhrEgW4AAZj_6.jpg

Melancholy scenes and the beautiful cinematography. 

DQ8Z2bDXUAA6XkP.jpg

DRAWm__VoAA4m03.jpg

OT:  If you've seen dorama  Tatta Hitotsu no Koi, that has one gorgeous cinematography!  Winter Sonata  as well and camera work was good.

4 hours ago, jongski said:

You know, I really like this photo. It's also very symbolic: it's like a remnant of the past, referring to a place that does not exist anymore, it disappeared a long time ago. And yet, this is still there and they are both seating there, together. They are both 'in' it, perhaps pointing to teh fact that they live in the past, that they are still stuck in a place that disappeared, a bit like that bus stop...

And correct me if I am wrong, that is where they first talk, I mean really talk to each other, right?

-- I know we are not supposed to quote photos but I made it smaller as it is quite important for my point - Dear Mods, I apologize! --

On 12/8/2017 at 9:34 PM, Mau_Cherry said:

YEAH!!! @nonski - You are here. That´s great. I just recognized the Gangster Boss from Doctors or am I wrong. Havent watched it until the end.

Yes - I look forward to it. For some reason I can just smile watching the Teaser . I already know I will love Junho (me and Idols  yes :) ) and she looks great too. Don´t know why - but I feel like a wonderful Lovestory will wait for me. Gives me a warm feeling - I just found out about the Drama a few Days ago and I needed to check Soompie for it.

By the way - sorry - I know I make a lot mistakes right now - its somehow a side effect when I work on my Storys - as longer as I type I tend to type to fast for my mind. Ooops..

I know I will love it... Monday come faster! wow1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862527

Hi @Mau_Cherry chingu!

I am still trying to catch up but this drama seems good!

Will update here if I can, been very busy with work!

9 hours ago, carolinedl said:

I have also never seen her but I am so obsessed with her and especially her voice! She really has an amazing voice!

@jongski This really represents GD very well. The anger faced with how unfair it all is...

That voice was the first thing I noticed too. She gave out that vibe of a seasoned child actress.

@jongski,and they beat the living day light out of him:D.

Frustration and anger made him think only forward. Such a lost soul.   

At the beginning of the drama I loathed the mother. I still don't like her anyway but she is sick. Hope she heals too.

As per her father,isn't he a bad man?  How can he leave his family when they need him especially the wife.  She made a mistake, they all did. U must not always have it the easy way out. That's what marriage means. He is not even thinking about his remaining child or was he in the marriage only for the dead one too? The first daughter means nothing? 

Divorce is so easy with little excuse to him cos whatever problem he has with the wife can be ironed out if he try now that the wife is sick. Help the wife get back to her sense and he will be a pillar the daughter looks up to. What a man.

3 hours ago, nonski said:

Hi @Mau_Cherry chingu!

I am still trying to catch up but this drama seems good!

Will update here if I can, been very busy with work!

Chinguuu!

Yeah - I know it too well - but i hope you can watch soon. Its been a While - but I go crazy here. Just watched the new Teaser and again I am smiling like a stupid person. And it is just the Start. I already found a new Gem for me.

SO if you find a bit of time - I think you will love it too!

Archived