Lee Hyeong Sun

(I Summon You, Gold!, Always Spring)

Writer

Lee Myung Hee

(Jang Youngsil, Air City)

Episodes: 24 (TBC)

Broadcast Period

November 11, 2017, to February 3, 2018  

Saturday 20:45 (2 episodes back-to-back)

Synopsis

This drama tells the story of people who are driven by greed.

Kang Pil Joo (Jang Hyuk) grew up at an orphanage, but he now works as a managing director of a legal team at a corporation. He is acknowledged for his intelligence and his exemplary job performance. Some of those that work around him are jealous of him.

Meanwhile, Na Mo hyun (Park Se Young) is an environmental activist and a science teacher at a middle school. She is a good listener and laughs a lot. She dreams of a love driven by fate.

Production Information

"Money Flower" took over the MBC Saturdays 20:45-time slot.

First script reading took place September 26, 2017 at MBC Dream Center in Ilsan, South Korea.

Cast

Main Cast

Jang Hyuk as Kang Pil Joo

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Money-Flower1.jpg
– Jo Byung Kyu as Kang Pil Joo (young)

Park Se Young as Na Mo Hyun

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Money-Flower2.jpg
– Kim Ji Min as Na Mo Hyun (young)

Jang Seung Jo as Jang Boo Chun

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Money-Flower3.jpg
– Chae Sang Woo as Jang Boo Chun (young)

Han So Hee as Yoon Seo Won

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Money-Flower5.jpg
– Jeon Hae Sol (전해솔) as Yoon Seo Won (young)

People around Boo Chun

Lee Soon Jae as Jang Gook Hwan

http://img.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/moneyflower/cast/cast01/__icsFiles/thumbnail/2017/10/30/mf_hwan_1.jpg

Lee Mi Sook as Jung Mal Ran

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Money-Flower4.jpg

Sun Woo Jae Duk as Jang Sung Man
Kang Sung as Jang Yeo Chun

People around Mo Hyun

Park Ji Il as Na Ki Chul

Others

Yoo Hyun Joo as Jong Hee
Park Jung Hak as Oh Ki Pyung
Hwang Eun Soo
Jun Jin Gi
Choo Kwi Jung as Jeom Seon
Lee Hang Na as Han Eun Shim

Sources: Asianwiki | Dramawiki |  Koreandrama  

Official Site

Teasers

Highlight Video

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

============================================================

Added by @partyon :

Rules for the Revenge re-watch party (autumn 2020)

1. The re-watch party starts on Tuesday 6th of October 2020.
  2. We will watch 2 episodes every week
  3. You can post your thoughts about the week's episodes no earlier than on Tuesday each week
  4. Posts about episodes 1 and 2 can be added to the thread no earlier than on Tue Oct 6h 2020
  5. You have time to post until Monday the following week
  6. The same rules apply as on normal drama threads; there will be staff available on each re-watch party thread
  7. It doesn't matter if you are a first time watcher or if you have watched the drama before - everyone is welcome to join the party! :kiss_wink:
  8. Please be aware that there will be chingus who have not watched the drama before, so no spoilers, please!
  9. The most important thing is to have fun!

:piggydance:

The re-watch drama schedule:

Oct 6 -Oct 12 -- ep 1, 2

Oct 13 - Oct 19  -- ep 3, 4

Oct 20 - Oct 26 -- ep 5, 6

Oct 27 - Nov 2 -- ep 7, 8

Nov 3 - Nov 9 -- ep 9, 10

Nov 10 - Nov 16 - ep 11, 12

Nov 17 - Nov 23 - ep 13, 14

Nov 24 - Nov 30 - ep 15, 16

Dec 1 - Dec 7 -- ep 17, 18

Dec 8 - Dec 14 -- ep 19, 20

Dec 15 - Dec 21 -- ep 21, 22

Dec 22 - Dec 28 -- ep 23, 24

• Like 16

Jang Hyuk In Talks For Upcoming MBC Drama About Money

jang-hyuk-xpn.jpg

MBC and Jang Hyuk’s agency Sidus HQ have spoken about the actor’s reported casting in “Money Bouquet” (working title).

On August 18, MBC said, “Jang Hyuk’s casting in the drama is not confirmed. We are currently discussing the casting.”

Sidus HQ also stated, “‘Money Bouquet’ is one of the projects that he is considering.”

“Money Bouquet” tells the story of those who believe that they are in control of money, but in fact, are being controlled by it. Actress Han Chae Ah has been confirmed for the drama.

Jang Hyuk is being considered to play Kang Pil Joo, a man who started out at an orphanage, but eventually rose to take a legal management position at a corporation.

Meanwhile, “Money Bouquet” is slated to air in November following “Bad Thief, Good Thief.”

Top photo credit: Xportsnews

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/08/17/jang-hyuk-talks-upcoming-mbc-drama-money/

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Soon-jae and Jang Hyuk · Han Chae Ah confirmed 'Money Flower' appearance. Lee Soon - jae will appear on the weekend after 15 years since SBS 'long - awaited' in 2002.

According to a broadcasting company official, Lee Soon-jae, Jang Hyuk, and Han Chae Ah will be appearing on MBC's new weekend drama 'Money Flower' (play Myung Hee Lee, directed by Kim Hee-won).

'Money flower' depicts stories of those who live in the illusion that they dominate money, but actually they are consumed by money. MBC 'Air City' and KBS1 'Jang Yeongsil', and Lee Heung-Won PD who directed MBC 'Love You Like Destiny', 'Gorgeous Temptation' and 'Golden Pocket'.

Soon-jae Lee, who celebrated its 60th anniversary this year, is still active in active duty. In addition to appearing as principal in Mnet 'Idol School', he is also working on the plays 'Love Song' and 'I Love You'. He will show off his performance once again with the appearance of 'money flower'.

It is expected that Jang Hyuk and Han Chea Ah will show a breathing response as they postpone the KBS2 'Gaekju 2015' that was broadcast in 2015.

'Money Flower' will be broadcast in November following 'Thieving Thief'.

201709011420064860_d.jpg

Source : http://m.ytn.co.kr/ent_view.php?s_mcd=0117&key=201709011420064860&pos=

• Like 4

Hello September! Best news to start the month. A  new drama! Thanks drama gods and Sidus. Jang Hyuk will always be one of my top k actors. <3

@Prettysup Thanks for the update and confirmation. I was waiting for it. <3

@Go Seung Ji Thank you for thread. and updates <3

edit: for clarity.  I was so excited  saw my post was like broken English :D

RT credit: Just Jang Hyuk

• Like 2

Jang Hyuk And Han Chae Ah Confirmed For New MBC Drama

jang-hyuk-han-chae-ah1.jpg

Jang Hyuk and Han Chae Ah will be reuniting as co-stars in a new MBC drama.

It was previously revealed that Jang Hyuk was in talks for the MBC drama “Money Bouquet” (working title).

On September 1, it was reported that Jang Hyuk will be participating in this work, and that actress Han Chae Ah is also acting in the drama. “Money Bouquet” is about those who believe that they are in control of money, when they are actually being controlled by it.

Jang Hyuk and Han Chae Ah will be reuniting after acting together in the 2015 drama “The Merchant: Gaekju 2015.”

Writer Lee Myung Hui, who is famous for MBC’s “Air City” and KBS’s “Jang Young Sil” will be taking part in this project, along with producing director Kim Hui Won, who is famous for “Fated to Love You.”

It was also revealed that actor Lee Soon Jae will be also a part of this project.

“Money Bouquet” is slated to air in November following “Bad Thief, Good Thief.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/01/jang-hyuk-han-chae-ah-confirmed-new-mbc-drama/

• Like 8

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Money Flower 돈 꽃 - Jang Hyuk and Han Chae Ah
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Money Flower 돈 꽃
1 hour ago, jongski said:

@Go Seung Ji@Prettysup This is a modern drama, right? Is it love story or is this like Money's Warfare? or Incarnation of Money? Green Rose? I wanted   Who should be the female lead. Perhaps someone whom he hasn't work with yet. One with acting skills I hope, to match up with Jang Hyuk.

Yes this is a modern drama, that's all i know haha...

• Like 3

Has Jang Hyuk really confirmed  to join this drama? The latest articles says that he is still considering. Just like Han Chae Ah who recently declined the role.

I am not ready to watch a long drama but I keep my eyes on this drama because of Jang Hyuk and because of the plot. For me it has the same vibe as Glamorous Temptation (a 50 episode drama but not a classical family drama)  which I liked. The plot is not everyone`s cup of tea and it is not even original but I like the dark stories about greedy people and power hungry. It is something tragic about that. I want to know more about this drama, because we don`t know much. I also want to know more about the heroine. Two actresses declined the role and I wonder why, or they were up for different roles? I want to know about her role. If the hero is an orphan, I bet she is from a rich family. But I want her to be involved in the power struggle in the family. If they cast someone I like and her role is a strong woman, who is giving the hero a good run for his money (so to speak) I will watch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, larus said:

Has Jang Hyuk really confirmed  to join this drama? The latest articles says that he is still considering. Just like Han Chae Ah who recently declined the role.

I am not ready to watch a long drama but I keep my eyes on this drama because of Jang Hyuk and because of the plot. For me it has the same vibe as Glamorous Temptation (a 50 episode drama but not a classical family drama)  which I liked. The plot is not everyone`s cup of tea and it is not even original but I like the dark stories about greed people and power hungry. It is something tragic about that. I want to know more about this drama, because we don`t know much. I also want to know more about the heroine. Two actresses declined the role and I wonder why, or they were up for different roles? I want to know about her role. If the hero is an orphan, I bet she is from a rich family. But I want her to be involved in the power struggle in the family. If they cast someone I like and her role is a strong woman, who is giving the hero a good run for his money (so to speak) I will watch.

@larus So he's not yet confirmed? Don't feel like he'll do 50 ep drama. I actually wanted the Ajusshi drama for him. Or something else.  Why do you think the female real  has been turned down twice? There must be something with the character that's not right. Perhaps longer drama will eat up most of the actor's time. I'm speculating here, though.   I also like drama that has something to do greed and how people abuse and use money and then fall from grace and rise up again. as you said, dark stories. We dig those.

@Prettysup  You think he'll do this?  Is he going to? He did just finished Swordsmen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jongski said:

So he's not yet confirmed? Don't feel like he'll do 50 ep drama. I actually wanted the Ajusshi drama for him. Or something else.  Why do you think the female real  has been turned down twice? There must be something with the character that's not right. Perhaps longer drama will eat up most of the actor's time. I'm speculating here, though.   I also like drama that has something to do greed and how people abuse and use money and then fall from grace and rise up again. as you said, dark stories. We dig those.

There were articles that said that he is considering and then one article from September 1 that he , Lee Soon-jae and Han Chae Ah are confirmed. One article is not enough especially for well known actors like Jang hyuk. But I do believe that it is posible that he will sign. When everything is a done deal, we`ll have an official confirmation. Sometime the news are released later as well. We don`t know what is happening behind the scene. This drama will air in November 4 and we  have so little information. With the strike going on, I wonder if the production is going smoothly. But I don`t want to sound pesimistic. I hope we have news soon.

About the female role. We don`t know why they turned down the offer. Han Chae Ah is getting married and I see a reason for her to not commit to a long drama. But we don`t know for sure if it is a 50 episode drama. Maybe it has 20- 24 episodes and that will be great. 

Hope it is not something not compelling about the female role. I do not worry yet. Remember how dificult was to cast a female lead in SBS Falsify and it turned out well. 

Yeah... we like dark stories. It sounds intense and melodramatic and hope it is without too much makjang. Can I hope it is not a childhood love this time? :wink: Let the leads meet on screen as adults and see how their relationship evolves. I am really curious about the other cast and about the stories.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jongski said:

@Prettysup  You think he'll do this?  Is he going to? He did just finished Swordsmen.

As far as I know, he has confirmed for this drama. It may not be 50 episodes though, I have heard that it will be 24 episodes? But nothing official yet.

And yeah he has just finished Swordsman, and is now filming a 6-episode KBS variety programme with the Dragon Brothers. The timing looks just nice for him to film this, he is not one who likes to idle, all his projects are usually done back-to-back.

• Like 1

Actor Park Se-young announced his position on the MBC new weekend drama 'Money Flower'.

Park Se-young, an agency official at Funerals Entertainment, said in a news story on September 25, "Nothing has been decided in connection with the appearance of 'money flower'."

"We have received the proposal, but the appearance has not been confirmed," the official said. "We are currently reviewing it with other works."

The previous media reported that Park Se-young will be selected as the heroine of the 'money flower' and will be in close contact with Jang Hyuk.

On the other hand, 'money flower' is the story of those who live in the illusion that they dominate money, but actually they are consumed by money. Lee Hee-won, who wrote 'Air City' and 'Jang Yeong-sil', plays the play and plays 'I love you like a fate', 'Gorgeous temptation', and 'Golden pocket'. 'Thieving Thief' will be broadcast in succession.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3109884

20170925082000419.jpg

• Like 1

Annyeong everyone :) hi @Go Seung Ji thanks for creating this thread.

I will watch this drama because of Jang Hyuk, same as @jongski Janghyuk is one of my fave top star. Hi @larus you are here too chingu.

I would like to invite my chingu deul here @moodypie @nonski @bebebisous33 @plappi @Sarang21 @maplekist @Mau_Cherry @onnififi @she_ann

• Like 10