Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Finished with MF. I must  say KPJ knows how to trigger grandpa emotion. When he sold him.the idea of elected CEO, he said this is so that Cheong A can last for the next 100 years. People will remember him as the one who built it and that stirred the old man.  I have to say despite all that KPJ had done, he never did Cheong A any wrong. He wanted this organisation to thrive. 

KPJ was right about the other child out of wedlock. Put in some effort, don't love like that. In other words, u think u deserve this? Then go fight for it, no point whining and complaining. 

That conversation btw KPJ and NMH was so meaningful and thought provoking. 

Honestly, it never cross my mind that JMR was the one who killed her husband. What an unexpected turn of events for me. Same for the stabbing, it was so sudden and unexpected. But I love how creative the writer used this to mark the end of KPJ. Honestly, if not for the spoiler, I would think that KPJ is going to topple off the building and died. 

What could have made it even better would be he was called in for the CeO interview - Next candidate, Jang Eun Cheon.

Many of u already with the subs , answered a lot of questions. So I won't repeat them here. 

I LOVE the finale :)

I got to see a very satisfying revenge. This is a revenge plot done right! 

And I got to see KPJ dead and reborn as JEC. Only when he can find himself then he can find love (NMH or someone else). 

Awesome job by everyone! 

Once again, MF has set some very high benchmark for any future drama with its plot as revenge. 

And this is me too :( 

• Like 14
  • LOL 3

On 2/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, UnniSarah said:

Now, isn't ironic JBC is not in jail but the rest are. JBC really has lived a charmed life. Everyone protected JBC till the end . Isn't he the luckiest man in the drama. It's seem being dumb was what saved him in the end. Is JBC chairman of the company ??? I would rather not have him be chairman of anything because he might succumb to the money again. smh Smh smh 

@UnniSarah  The one guy that missed jail twice and got off "scott free"....JBC should have gone to jail.  I'm sure that JMR and KPJ probably did everything to "protect" him during the campaign and after yet, the injustice was too much!!!  It actually really chaps me that he didn't spend some time behind bars.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

@UnniSarah  The one guy that missed jail twice and got off "scott free"....JBC should have gone to jail.  I'm sure that JMR and KPJ probably did everything to "protect" him during the campaign and after yet, the injustice was too much!!!  It actually really chaps me that he didn't spend some time behind bars.

Yes, now that u mentioned, everyone was protecting him and helping him to obtain Chairman position. He was the only one who went scot free. 

I cannot not get enough of MF. Everything about it was so good wasn’t? Even the BGM was soooo aptly used.

• Like 14

17 hours ago, kysy said:

What NMH did was send KPJ a letter detailing the CEO recruitment guidelines,  in my opinion it's a way for her to ask him to come back.  KPJ choosing to give Pil joo back his name at the bee farm and leaving to enter the CEO competition is his way of saying he wants to come back. Lastly remember what NMH told Eun Cheon about him not being happy if he can't use his real name. 

It's like he knew he would go to jail for what he had helped the family do and was always prepared for it.  Got out, retired to his bee farm but when NMH asked him to come by sending the application, he did come back as JEC. I feel that of course, they are going to hire him back as the CEO and that he is getting a new beginning for his life. He is finally going to get together w/NMH. I would have loved to have seen them walk together hand in hand into the sunset, maybe share a deep kiss but I'm good w/the ending. At least he is getting a new lease on life. 

This has to be one of the best dramas I've watched.  The acting was flawless, the story never got boring, I didn't have to ffwd a minute of it.  What made it so much more special was getting to read everyone's insight on it. :wub:

Edited by evie7
making sense
  • Like 15

Thoughts on the ending - last two episodes-

1) JBC returning the abacus to Gpa.  He started crying/sobbing in front of the man who tried to kill him...to me it high lighted weakness and not strength it was a clear illustration to Gpa of what JBC lacked-he was truly pathetic

2) The wine glass switcharoo...slight of hand at it's finest.

3) Secretary Ahn sticking it to JMR at the end.  The realization on JMR's face that she had been so totally outclassed and out manuvered

4) The prison scene with JBC and KPJ visiting JMR.  She didn't even notice JBC...it was total focus on KPJ and the past.  Her revenge on SM bc he wanted to leave her... Poor JBC....he really never was more to her than a tool

5) I really liked the idea KPJ had about funneling Gpa's illegal slush fund earnings into Cheong-Bio and creating a "legacy tower of medicine" that would outlive him for 100 years.  Towers come and go but lives saved lived forever.  In many ways, KPJ did alot to rehabilitate the Jang name.

6) Sad to see KPJ alone when he came out of jail.  People surprised to see him (NMH and President Woo) no one waiting for him.  Revenge had cost him everything again...he was alone as he always had been since the death of his family.  His mother's words in the will about living a full life and not one bent on revenge and his understanding of fulfilling her request to show himself to the Jang family on how well he had grown up.

7) One illegitimate son driven for money - bent on revenge knifed KPJ on the roof top.  He must have waited three years to do it.  Not as long or as intense of a revenge scheme as KPJ but a only a shadow of what KPJ did.  Two men in many ways alike in the eyes of the Jangs yet KPJ took down a whole institution and the illegitimate offspring of Gpa tried to take down KPJ.

8)  Again, NMH saved KPJ at the end.

9) The look on JBC's face when he realized that KPJ was there for the job.  There is no way, that JBC would ever be able to compete with him.  Interesting that we did not see JYC in the mix for that job.  He was in jail for 1 year.

10) Any moves for bringing NMH and KPJ together where done by her.  He stepped back first in her office I think bc he was going to jail.  The second seemed more hopeful.  He told her where he was going "rooftop" that is why she joined him.  Not sure but hopeful that there might be a positive ending "in our minds" of how things would have turned out for them.

11) The last scene...KPJ walking outside and looking up.  The sky was clear...clean and open for new beginnings.  It was almost hopeful.  A clean slate, fresh air "the skies the limit"

12) I liked what his friend YG said, that he should go to work for a competitor of Cheong A and take them down...I said that once about how the revenge or story could have played out differently.  If like others said in a magic and perfect world there where to be a second season how fun would it be for KPJ to do just that and take out JBC and others in a round two by managing a hostile takeover or Cheong A - 

13) The scene in the court room where the Jang's where sentenced.  The scene where Gpa looked down the line at KPJ, JSM and JYC getting cuffed.  The look on his face - defeated with a bit of realization that it was "over"

19 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Yes, now that u mentioned, everyone was protecting him and helping him to obtain Chairman position. He was the only one who went scot free. 

I cannot not get enough of MF. Everything about it was so good wasn’t? Even the BGM was soooo aptly used.

Yeah!  yet in my mind he deserved it at least as much as JYC....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 14

Another thought I had - will probably have many more since I just finished watching the ending and am still processing...how predictable, and sad in a way that we saw JBC trying out for the position of CEO at Cheong A.  I thought that after everything that he did, went through, heart ache that he caused and suffered he would have moved on with his life.  He seemed to have grown up a bit at the end and after all being Chairman was never 'his' dream until it was his obsession

1) Returning the abacus

2) Telling NMH good bye for real/removing the ring

3) Telling mistress to not demand Jang name anymore...not a name to be proud of but that he would set up will for his son

4) Moving out of Mishowan 

5) Coming to terms with his mother's brand of crazy

6) Cutting ties with KPJ

He never would have been able to be Chairman in the first place if not for KPJ and deep down he knows that...  Most everything in his life that was "worthwhile" had come from the blood, sweat and tears and sacrifices by the man who he and his mother had wronged.  Say what you want to say, but JBC did wrong KPJ - he knew that KPJ loved NMH and made him give her up.  

So, we see him trying to recover the position that his mother killed for.  In the end, he really was a pathetic creature...(at the mental hospital JMR said that Cheong A was hers and he was her son....how in the world and in any known universe does her dowry from X years ago amass the fortune that Cheong A represents today..)  

We saw two candidates not of blood judged by their accomplishments and skill.  There is no contest and maybe that is the look we see in JBC's eyes.  Surprise and a realization. 

I guess I would have been happier to have seen JBC playing piano and spending time with his mistress and son.  Being a father/parent and breaking the cycle of the path he had been forced to take.

21 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

Thoughts on the ending - last two episodes-

1) JBC returning the abacus to Gpa.  He started crying/sobbing in front of the man who tried to kill him...to me it high lighted weakness and not strength it was a clear illustration to Gpa of what JBC lacked-he was truly pathetic

2) The wine glass switcharoo...slight of hand at it's finest.

3) Secretary Ahn sticking it to JMR at the end.  The realization on JMR's face that she had been so totally outclassed and out manuvered

4) The prison scene with JBC and KPJ visiting JMR.  She didn't even notice JBC...it was total focus on KPJ and the past.  Her revenge on SM bc he wanted to leave her... Poor JBC....he really never was more to her than a tool

5) I really liked the idea KPJ had about funneling Gpa's illegal slush fund earnings into Cheong-Bio and creating a "legacy tower of medicine" that would outlive him for 100 years.  Towers come and go but lives saved lived forever.  In many ways, KPJ did alot to rehabilitate the Jang name.

6) Sad to see KPJ alone when he came out of jail.  People surprised to see him (NMH and President Woo) no one waiting for him.  Revenge had cost him everything again...he was alone as he always had been since the death of his family.  His mother's words in the will about living a full life and not one bent on revenge and his understanding of fulfilling her request to show himself to the Jang family on how well he had grown up.

7) One illegitimate son driven for money - bent on revenge knifed KPJ on the roof top.  He must have waited three years to do it.  Not as long or as intense of a revenge scheme as KPJ but a only a shadow of what KPJ did.  Two men in many ways alike in the eyes of the Jangs yet KPJ took down a whole institution and the illegitimate offspring of Gpa tried to take down KPJ.

8)  Again, NMH saved KPJ at the end.

9) The look on JBC's face when he realized that KPJ was there for the job.  There is no way, that JBC would ever be able to compete with him.  Interesting that we did not see JYC in the mix for that job.  He was in jail for 1 year.

10) Any moves for bringing NMH and KPJ together where done by her.  He stepped back first in her office I think bc he was going to jail.  The second seemed more hopeful.  He told her where he was going "rooftop" that is why she joined him.  Not sure but hopeful that there might be a positive ending "in our minds" of how things would have turned out for them.

11) The last scene...KPJ walking outside and looking up.  The sky was clear...clean and open for new beginnings.  It was almost hopeful.  A clean slate, fresh air "the skies the limit"

12) I liked what his friend YG said, that he should go to work for a competitor of Cheong A and take them down...I said that once about how the revenge or story could have played out differently.  If like others said in a magic and perfect world there where to be a second season how fun would it be for KPJ to do just that and take out JBC and others in a round two by managing a hostile takeover or Cheong A - 

13) The scene in the court room where the Jang's where sentenced.  The scene where Gpa looked down the line at KPJ, JSM and JYC getting cuffed.  The look on his face - defeated with a bit of realization that it was "over"

Yeah!  yet in my mind he deserved it at least as much as JYC....

@Jillia  Sorry, didn't realize that I did....thanks for the kind reminder

• Like 11

Guest elenskivios38

What an excellent ending:Dat first i couldn't get it but all your recap helps me

to understand .Writer -min use metaphor scene which is truly relevant when you 

analize it.Brilliant mind! Bravo! writer-nim. I sure many doubt it at the beginning

but as we go on watching it.And with the help of genuies moderators .and MF

friends .Oh! :wub::) i was relieved and satisfied of ending .All the scene of JH and NMH 

are remarkable, most Kdramas now ..in order to get higher rating they showed a lot

of kissing scenes...this is the only drama eventhough no kissing scene at all... rating is 

getting higher!!! Isn't that amazing?:D

I really clapped at the end of drama .LETS GIVE THEM A BIG ROUND APPLAUSE!!!

You did it MONEY FLOWER! Relax for now MF casts but hope to see soon in another 

drama! Ah! what im gonna do nextweek?perhaps i  re-watch MF.

Thanks a lot to our great moderators.:heart:

7 hours ago, Prettysup said:

The reason why Jang Hyuk is not wearing a hat today is coz he has an interview today haha

I think he just pass it to Jang Yoo Cheon. :D

201802041804777146_5a76ccb65bdc5.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 12

Very good show.

Jang Hyuk was fantastic here. I'm not sure which performance I preferred between him and Jo Seung Woo in Stranger in the last year, but both just did a tremendous job. This is why you need veteran and talented actors leading. I'd say Jang Hyuk's performance is a big reason for why this drama works so well. He elevates it into something much more.

Really enjoyed the ending didn't go the cliche way of having Pil Joo's revenge cost him his life. I hated the stabbing scene because I thought they were really going that way, but instead it served as a rebirth for him as Jang Eun Cheon. The little moment between him and Boo Cheon was also nice to see. Even though they agreed to ignore each other, the little hints of a smile showed both men were glad to see the other carrying on with their lives. Something both really needed frankly.

Pil Joo's revenge was finished and he seemed to have isolated himself into living a lonely existence until Mo Hyun reached out to him with that letter for the CEO recruitment guidelines. And Boo Cheon deserved another chance considering his wrong's weren't that grave at all in comparison to basically everyone else. The state of his mother and his entire life crumbling were punishment enough, and it was good to see he's seemingly turned over a new leaf.

I also quite liked the fact that they didn't overdo the romance. After everything that happened, it'd be a tough pill to swallow to suddenly see them being romantic together. Instead the drama clearly displayed there were feelings there, and ending leaves a positive possibility for their future. You can assume something will happen in the future due to where everything is now, but the writer didn't feel the need to sacrifice the integrity of the show for the sake of a romance moment or something. The scene with Pil Joo taking a step forward and closing the distance after Mo Hyun's words was enough to tell us that he cared. As was Mo Hyun briefly holding his hand when he turned away.

The ending episodes aren't the strongest in the show, but they were satisfying. Pil Joo now gets to live his life as he should've, as Jang Eun Cheon. And he'll do it as a good businessman, and his life won't be as lonely or revolving around revenge anymore. That's why that final scene of him just taking in the air and looking at the sky is cathartic. He's free now to actually live his life.

After A Beautiful Mind and Money Flower, I have to say I'm looking forward to Jang Hyuk's next project. When he's on, he's really on. You just want to see him act.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Finally i watched the drama with subesp hehehe so i understand everything :) 

the actors were great! i can't stop to talk about them ahaha such a great job ..i will wait for all their projects, Jang Hyuk was a monster literally! strong and passion, Se Young ... i saw dramas of her before and she is really good ..she can make the bad girl and the heroine so easily and my new discovery Seung Jo this guy is something serious  ...we have to pay atention.

And the other part of the cast (i don't remember all their names)  my respect ...them made a great job ... they increased the potential  of the drama

About the end ... the best think was a second chance for everyone ...the end is the begining ( i love it! even if we  didn't see a lot of kisses hahaa but the electricity between NMY and ex- KPJ (Jang Eun Cheon) it' wasn't a joke ahaha)

Btw.. i think the last scene between KPJ and JBC ... i don't that is envy , revenge or something..for me it was like: "JBC:  this crazy guy"  because KPJ made a little smile when he saw him (if i'm not wrong aha)

sorry if i wrote wrong words..but i'm learning english ahaha so i will do my best!

and thank you for this thread ... i can share all my love for this drama

• Like 13

Apologies, I must have fallen asleep when this character was introduced but who is the Kim/Jang .... Chul character who stabbed Pil Joo?

• Like 7

THanks to everyone in this thread who kept this drama more interesting in my eyes. The drama was gooddddd and it had a best ending for the drama. I wished the ending wasn't an open ending but it was right for the drama.  

@bebebisous33... Great POV chingu... :heart: and the shout out.  

7 hours ago, kismet22 said:

Another thought I had - will probably have many more since I just finished watching the ending and am still processing...how predictable, and sad in a way that we saw JBC trying out for the position of CEO at Cheong A.  I thought that after everything that he did, went through, heart ache that he caused and suffered he would have moved on with his life.  He seemed to have grown up a bit at the end and after all being Chairman was never 'his' dream until it was his obsession

1) Returning the abacus

2) Telling NMH good bye for real/removing the ring

3) Telling mistress to not demand Jang name anymore...not a name to be proud of but that he would set up will for his son

4) Moving out of Mishowan 

5) Coming to terms with his mother's brand of crazy

6) Cutting ties with KPJ

clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifclap-cheetah-emoticon.gifChingu @kismet22 I felt the same way, JBC didn't change because he never had the chance to learn to work for what is his. upset-cheetah-emoticon.gifupset-cheetah-emoticon.gif That smirk he had when he saw JEC was " I'M SCREWED, I WILL NEVER GET IT" What was sad is that he didn't learn a thing from the past. For example when he spoke to his mom when he wet to visit her in that hospital , he only mentioned JEC's dad's death and his father's death, he did not mentioned the death of JKC or cospiracy to murder JEC's mom and JEC. 

JEC was right the honorable chairman is the cause of all this death. his greed for only allowing a Jang to run the company  so his legacy can remain. smh smsh smh 

HOPE TO SEE ALL THE CHINGU'S HEAR  AT ANOTHER THREAD..... bye1-onion-head-emoticon.gifbye1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 12

7 hours ago, yoeda said:

I think he just pass it to Jang Yoo Cheon. :D

Haha or maybe he knew the MBC president was attending the dinner so he went to do his hair.

2 hours ago, cheremaman said:

Apologies, I must have fallen asleep when this character was introduced but who is the Kim/Jang .... Chul character who stabbed Pil Joo?

He was the illegitimate son of grandpa who threatened to jump off the roof in episode 1. Kang Pil-joo went to settle him during that time.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

More Sy’s photos- without much makeup she looks so much younger.

She is able to match both older actors like Jh and same age actors 

Glad she is gaining  more fans.

Very sad MF ended, hope we don’t have to wait long for their next project 

• Like 11

'Money Flower' Jang Hyuk's final greeting as Kang Pil-joo

On 5 Feb, SidusHQ released a video of MBC weekend drama Money Flower' s lead actor Jang Hyuk. In the video, Jang Hyuk said, "There were a lot of jargon in the process of filming this drama and we had to memorise a lot of lines within the limited time given. So it was a hard time for actors, director, writers, and the crew, but we also had lots of fun. I feel like time passes so fast, and feels regretful that it has come to an end."

He added, "I feel that I do not know what to do after I finish it, I feel like I'm floating around. I've finished my work with a lot of sweat and I will return as another person who is not Kang Pil-joo in the future". 

Jang Hyuk acts as the actual eldest grandson Jang Eun-cheon of Cheong-A, but he hid his identity and stayed next to Jung Mal-ran (Lee Mi-sook) for 20 years in order to take revenge against her. Using controlled expressions and his voice tone, he gave viewers fun and freshness.

'Money Flower' which starred Jang Hyuk ended with 23.9 percent audience ratings, setting the personal high record for itself.

Video link : http://tv.naver.com/v/2661182

2018020601000360600023831.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201802060100036060002383&ServiceDate=20180205

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

After watching the subbed, I'd say $ flowers ended well. ( I should have avoided live streaming!:lol:)

From beginning, KPJ was not afraid to die or goes to prison. He's always one step ahead of Jang's clan.

NMH would have attended to him until he fully recovered and left for his old home.

Now that he's back for CEO interview, the possibility of him getting the post is much higher and higher possibility of him & NMH to be together. If not , as YG suggested, work for other company to compete/ challenge Cheong A.

At the end, I could see KPJ & JKH started to acknowledge each other and KPJ genuinely does care for Cheong A.

I'm glad there is no passionate kissing scenes between 2 of them as it's just not the time yet. Both KPJ & NMH need time to heal and re start from beginning. JH & PSy both were excellent in conveying the final scene at the foundation.

I have seen some of JH previous dramas & movies, I'd say, his portrayal of KPJ the BEST.

Money flowers is definitely my TOP 3 recent dramas.( including Just Between lovers and Wise Prison Living.)

Thank you everyone for sharing your insights here. I'm happy this drama ended well but sad it ended already. I'll re watch on OhK channel again as I'm not ready to say Good Bye yet.

• Like 8

BTS of Money Flower with Chinese subs.

Jang Hyuk wrote his lines on a piece of paper and hid it among the documents on the table. He pretended to say he does not need the paper but he was still caught looking at it lol.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lindy01 said:

After watching the subbed, I'd say $ flowers ended well. ( I should have avoided live streaming!:lol:)

From beginning, KPJ was not afraid to die or goes to prison. He's always one step ahead of Jang's clan.

NMH would have attended to him until he fully recovered and left for his old home.

Now that he's back for CEO interview, the possibility of him getting the post is much higher and higher possibility of him & NMH to be together. If not , as YG suggested, work for other company to compete/ challenge Cheong A.

At the end, I could see KPJ & JKH started to acknowledge each other and KPJ genuinely does care for Cheong A.

I'm glad there is no passionate kissing scenes between 2 of them as it's just not the time yet. Both KPJ & NMH need time to heal and re start from beginning. JH & PSy both were excellent in conveying the final scene at the foundation.

I have seen some of JH previous dramas & movies, I'd say, his portrayal of KPJ the BEST.

Money flowers is definitely my TOP 3 recent dramas.( including Just Between lovers and Wise Prison Living.)

Thank you everyone for sharing your insights here. I'm happy this drama ended well but sad it ended already. I'll re watch on OhK channel again as I'm not ready to say Good Bye yet.

Yes. We should all understand that this was the perfect way to end this masterpie even though some may feel a bit disappointed (I was too until I 're watched and figured it all out) with the open ending they gave. 

I see everywhere under comments and some thoughts of few members here that KPJ aka JEC & NMH do not and up together. 

The scene where he was saved for the second time by the love of his life says that it is time for the new begining as the real JEC. First time he was saved by her inorder to get his revenge, second time start his new life. And for that it is NMH  who brings him back and signalling him to come start fresh by sending him the Mail also that in seclusion  (without anyone knowing) that goes to say after saving him she looked after him until he went to Gapyeomg and she was the one who knew where he was. Also it is a way for NMH to tell him that it is time to shorten the distance between them, so the last scene where she sees him walking out means She knows he has accepted her request and is back  (like the migratory birds) to an unpolluted company to start new, his life and the deep love theyhave. She was relieved to see him from behind. Remember that NMH did what KPJ asked her to do, not to leave cheong A and clean up the foundation and maintain it purely. And in that last scene it is a promise that she makes to keep him in her heart and no one can replace him in her heart, after heading those words KPJ coming closer meant that it possible to shorten the distance but they both need time. She understood it and that's why she held his hand to say she knows that and she will be waiting until he is ready to begin again and open his heart to her. Man that talk with their eyes!! 

So all in all it is happy ending for all of them. JEC & NMH and also JBC he gets a chance to start all over even without his ex wife or mistress he seems happy. 

By the way, their already in Jeju. YSW  updated her IG before take off and JBC did post a pic on his IG and I could see a suitcase behind :D Cannot wait to see the pics. 

Edited by mimisl123
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mimisl123 said:

Thanks so much for this. Are the BGM released anywhere else for us to download free? Like in YT etc

Youtube link of BGM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4