[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

Actor Kwon Hyuk will join MBC's new weekend drama 'Money Flower'.

The manager agency said, "Actor Kwon Hyuk was cast in MBC drama 'Two Cops', and he decided to appear on MBC weekend drama 'Money Flower' as well."

"Money Flower" is story of those who live in the illusion that they dominate money, but actually they are the ones being controlled by the money. Kwon Hyuk will play the role of "two aides" in the "money flower" and will perform an evil acting.

Kwon Hyuk has previously worked in TVN dramas 'Dear My Friend' and TVN 'Live up to your name'. Also, in KBS2 'Witch's Court' recently, he catches attention as a cool lawyer.

50888690.jpg

http://enews24.tving.com/news/article.asp?nsID=1267589

• Like 2

Great news- another experienced actor joining, must have like this drama 

Hope mbc quickly release poster and 2nd teaser - not much time if press conference is in 4 days time and drama starts on 11. 

fan art of Sy's Na Mo Hyun 

• Like 1

Very informative chart made by a Japanese fan. So old grandpa has a lover!

It is quite easy to understand the chart if you follow the lines. White lines between a male/female indicate husband/wife. Grey lines indicate blood relationship. So we see the Jang family tree here (4 generations) plus the female lead's family (Na family has papa mama and younger brother).

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Very informative chart made by a Japanese fan. So old grandpa has a lover!

Seems like the Jang Family tends to have a secret lover in every generation... Looks like KPJ is the secret son of the dead eldest son....

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not quote images
  • Like 2

Charismatic first confrontation... Jang Hyuk vs Lee Mi-sook

[Herald] Actor Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi-sook  smoldering confrontation on "Money flower".

MBC 's new weekend special project' money flower (written by Lee Myung Hee, directed by Kim Hee - won), released Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi Sook 's first still photos on 4th Nov.

The drama depicts the story of those thought they can dominate by money, but who are actually dominated by money. Jang Hyuk acts as Kang Pil-joo, the main character who pursues desire.

Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk) is a character from the orphanage who grasps the power of the chaebol. Jung Mal-ran (Lee Mi-sook) is the eldest daughter-in-law of Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae), the head of the Chong-ah group, who makes use Kang Pil-joo for her desire.

The two recently acted a scene in front of a detention center. According to the production team of the 'Money flower', the first shooting showed a huge charisma. The intense feeling of tension was enhanced by the high level of immersion.

Their smoking chemistry was also fantastic. One can feel completely the two main characters in the trap of desire. After completing the filming, Jang Hyuk offered his jacket to Mi-Sook, who was dressed in thin clothes during the cold weather.

The production company of 'Money flower' said, "The outstanding performances of Jang Hyuk and Lee Mi Sook have been praised by all the producers, and I hope that viewers expect the confrontation between the two actors."

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20171104

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201711040736562488653_1

• Like 4

Oooh I want to see the confrontation.  I think they'll be daebak! 

And well, Lee Mi Sook's character is a woman of elegance. We'll see how many different hats she'll wear?

Lee Mi-sook has played the role of the assistant (or daughter-in-law?) of Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae) It is a person who comes from 'Diamond Spooner' which goes beyond the gold spoon, and becomes the incarnation of desire even after entering the jaebol. He will not choose the means and methods to make his son Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung Jo) as chairman with Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk).

Mi-Sook transformed from head to toe for "money flower". I chose a charismatic charismatic girl rather than a splendid chauvinist daughter-in-law who showed in many works. It will also show off the dignity of fashionistas. It is expected to capture the attention of viewers of the an avant-grande theater with elegant and moderately luxurious look in the "money flower". (from article posted pg 5)

Is there a possibility that  KPJ is her son?  Uh oh...

• Like 2

Jang Hyuk's contrasting charm captivates viewers

[Star Daily News reporter] Jang Hyuk is captivating  viewers by radiating repeated contrasting charm.

Jang Hyuk, who recently appeared on KBS 2TV 'Dragon Club - Childish Bromance', is showing much funny and adorable charm by his frequent misuse of the Korean language.  This is a contrast to his previous images in many dramas and movies which he usually portrays mainly serious and charismatic characters.

In variety show 'Real man', he was a perfect role model during the daily military training. However when he participated in a sports competition, his hilarious wrestling "skills" in the sand pit gave rise to that iconic scene which stayed long in viewers' memories.

In "Dragon Club" Jang Hyuk, proves his flair in entertainment programs when he remains enthusiastic despite receiving repeated pointers from his friends of his limited 2% vocabulary.

Kim Jong Kook pointed out various errors repeatedly in the speeches of Jang Hyuk, and Cha Tae Hyun said out that "Jang Hyuk will continue his talk show" when he talks too much. Jang Hyuk says that when acting in dramas, "The script can be memorized perfectly, but the real-life talk show is hard," and "I will just learn."

Also, while fishing, beginner Jang Hyuk thought that he had caught a big fish initially and struggled for a long time. He was laughed by his friends when it turned out to be two starfish. In fact, 'Dragon Club' is a program that Jang Hyuk proposed, an idea he got from'' Neighborhood Brothers ''.

Recently, Jang Hyuk was revealed in the teaser of 'Money Flower', a special MBC weekend drama, which is being broadcasted in November, and reveals his charm as a charismatic actor.

'Money Flower' is the story of those who live in the illusion that they are dominating money but who are actually dominated by money.  It will show how humans are controlled by their desires, centering on the main character Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk). Kang PIl-joo had a prominent presence in the teaser, overwhelming the atmosphere with his cool eyes and charisma that have suppressed his desire.

171196_203171_5056.jpg

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=171196

• Like 3

KPJ sticks the pictures of his targets on his wall of retribution. NMH is one of them (?). Don't know what NMH's inner voice says but looks like KPJ spies on her and befriends her. Either he actually falls in love with her due to her kindness or acts like he has fallen in love. I thought the girl who got kissed was not PSY but the other woman. PSY cries because she finds out about her husband's affair. - This is what I could sum up from the teaser. Please share what do you think about it. It's clear though once again JH plays an unlikable character.

• Like 3

"Can love be manipulated" ... Jang Hyuk vs Park Se-young

[Sports Korea] 'Money Flower' Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young and Jang Seung-jo entangled in a dangerous love story.

MBC's new weekend special project 'Money Flower' (written by Lee Myung-hee, directed by Kim Hee-won, UFO Productions) released the second teaser video on the 5th Nov. 'Money Flower' is the story of those who live in the illusion that they are dominating money but in fact they are dominated by money.

The main character, Kang Pil –joo (Jang Hyuk) was from the orphanage but rose to be in charge of the legal affairs team of a large corporation. A somewhat dangerous character who sacrifices love for desire. Na Mo-hyun (Park Se-young) is a teacher and environmental activist who dreams of her destined love. She gets caught in the whirlpool of destiny while entangling with Kang Pil-joo.

The contents of the teaser brought many questions. It was suggested that Kang Pil-joo laid a lethal trap of love on Na Mo-hyun. Kang Pil-joo chose Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung-jo), his best friend and a third generation chaebol as a bait.

In the teaser video released this time, Na Mo-hyun (Park Se-young) said in a narration, "When the man says something to me ... I keep reminding myself of the palpitations in my heart."

Then Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk) 's narration of "Na Mo-hyun and Jang Boo-cheon, making two people like each other and making them marry naturally" added to the expectation of the first broadcast.

Jang Hyuk was impressive with his intense and powerful acting. He hid his claws of desire and revealed charisma in front of others. Park Se-yong captivated the audience with a healthy and bright image. Her pure aspiration for true love was admirable.

Jang Seung-Jo portrayed a perfect 3rd generation chaebol with sculpted looks and fashionable suits. He also shared a nice kiss with Park Se-young. Lee Mi-sook transformed into a money-greedy daughter-in-law of Lee Soon-jae.

'Money flower' will be broadcast first in November following MBC weekend special project “Good thief Bad thief”.

2017110701000459800030601.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201711070100045980003060&ServiceDate=20171106

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gerry58 said:

@fiesty8001- oh I must have mistaken- so it's the other woman who got kissed. 

KPJ monitors everyone so he can discover their secrets and use it. 

I thought he was kissing PSY?

Anyway according to the news above, it was Kang Pil Joo (Jang Hyuk) who planned the marriage between Na Mo-hyun (PSY) and Jang Boo-cheon (JSJ) ...

• Like 1

Changes to MBC weekend drama schedules

Currently MBC airs weekend drama "Man who sets the table" every Sat/Sun at 8:45 pm and "Bad Thief Good Thief" every Sat/Sun at 9:55pm.

After the last episode of "Bad Thief Good Thief" ended yesterday, MBC announces that from the next weekend 11th Nov onwards, it will air "Money Flower" (which takes over from "Bad Thief Good Thief") on Saturdays from 8:45pm ~ 11:00pm. This means a continuous 2 episodes a day on Saturday every week.

"Man who sets the table" will air every Sunday from 8:45 ~ 11:00pm, also 2 episodes a day on Sunday each week.

20171106151004545.jpg

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11545984

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I thought he was kissing PSY?

Anyway according to the news above, it was Kang Pil Joo (Jang Hyuk) who planned the marriage between Na Mo-hyun (PSY) and Jang Boo-cheon (JSJ) ...

So it was sy who got kissed.

Very interesting KPJ engineered the whole thing (marriage) though I wondered why? NMH got a rich father, he should have married her himself and use her father's money and influence 

@Prettysup- so mbc change the timing of the drama. Any idea whether good or bad? What do everyone think about this? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gerry58 said:

So it was sy who got kissed.

Very interesting KPJ engineered the whole thing (marriage) though I wondered why? NMH got a rich father, he should have married her himself and use her father's money and influence 

@Prettysup- so mbc change the timing of the drama. Any idea whether good or bad? What do everyone think about this? 

Not too sure good or bad, but I guess it doesn't matter much. Whatever will be, will be.... haha

• Like 1