[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

15 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk : Kang Pil Joo 37 yo

Park Se young : Na Mo Hyun 35 yo

Jang Seung-jo : Jang Boo-cheong 37 yo

Lee Mi-sook : Jung Mal-ran 59 yo

Han So-hee : Yoon Seo-won 35 yo

@Gerry58@Prettysup Whaaaat? 35 yrs old????  But she's not 35 in real life. I don't think so.... I don't even think she's 30 yrs old.

And I don't like her to look that  old or them to make her look older.  I want her  styled that wit class, and  in good fashion. Well, I guess  seeing the description of her character from pg 1... she  has to be 35?  I thought she'd be like daughter of the wealthy parents.

Na Mo-Hyun (Park Se-Young) is an environmental activist and a science teacher at a middle school. She is a good listener and laughs a lot. She dreams of a love driven by fate.

And JH,  probably about 40..ish. I'm not sure.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jongski said:

@Gerry58@Prettysup Whaaaat? 35 yrs old????  But she's not 35 in real life. I don't think so.... I don't even think she's 30 yrs old.

And I don't like her to look that  old or them to make her look older.  I want her  styled that wit class, and  in good fashion. Well, I guess  seeing the description of her character from pg 1... she  has to be 35?  I thought she'd be like daughter of the wealthy parents.

And JH,  probably about 40..ish. I'm not sure.

Haha this is is dramaland, it is perfectly alright for the characters to add or minus a few years to the actual age in order to suit the storyline. We cannot have actors/actresses acting their actual ages all the time, their roles will be limited if they have to do so.

• Like 5

Yoo Hyun-joo, casting in MBC weekend drama 'Money Flower' 

On Oct 27, the agency's director, Ulys Entertainment, said, "Yoo Hyun-joo was cast in MBC's new weekend drama 'Money Flower', which will be broadcast in November."

The drama depicting the story of those who live in the illusion that money is dominated by them, but who have actually been consumed by money. Previously, Jang Hyuk Park was cast as a male protagonist. In the drama, Yoo Hyun-joo is also a volunteer for volunteer activities at the expedition of the migratory bird exploration camp by Park Se-young, who is an environmental activist.

Yoo Hyun-joo, who was born in 1997 with a clean appearance, previously starred in  KBS TV drama 'In still green days'  and TVN's "Introverted Boss".

2017102708551897916_1.jpg

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2017102708551897916

• Like 1

@jongski- Seyoung just turn 29 in July (Korean age is 30). There is a 10 year age with Jh. Think they make her older and him younger to match. By right they should put her age as 32 cos Sy looks younger without makeup but if they dress her in suits, she can look older. Sy like a chameleon- she can transform from innocent school girl to rich chabol:)

I like her look in that winter coat- very classy and natural. Since her family is rich, we can expect her to wear lots of fabulous clothes and accessories  

• Like 3

6 New Korean Dramas In November 2017, Highlighting Jin Goo, Yoo Seung Ho, Jang Hyuk And More!

1. MONEY FLOWER

2017 November Korean Dramas

Jang Hyuk reunites with Fated to Love You director in MBC’s forthcoming 50-episode weekender – Money Flower. The melodrama circles on people whose overwhelming hubris make them believe that they can control everything with money. Not realizing that same greed will consume their sanity. Jang Hyuk (Voice) will pair up with Park Se Young (Whisper), and are set to contend with KBS powerhouse weekend drama My Golden Life. Veteran Actor Lee Soon Jae (Yes, That’s How It Is), Jang Seung Jo (Teacher Oh Soon Nam) and Han So Hee (Reunited Worlds) make up the secondary cast.

Money Flower replaces Good Thief, Bad Thief on MBC weekend slot from 11 November.

complete article : http://www.hellokpop.com/list/6-korean-dramas-november-2017/

• Like 4

Jang Seung Jo posted:

# Come # Ilsan mbc # money flower # Jang Bucheon # Today is a good day

Im Kang Sung posted:

I finished my first film yesterday and had a lot of thoughts ..
Well ... well ... Fighting !! The finish is strange ..

# Money flower # drama # shoot # thought # thinker # man # what am I to be a merchant # thank you anyway

• Like 3

Park Ji-il, MBC 'money flower' appearance confirmed ... 

[Herald] The actor Park Ji-il will appear on MBC's new weekend drama 'Money Flower'.

MBC new weekend drama 'money (drama Lee Myung-hee, director Kim Hee-won)' is the work of the people who are living in the illusion that they dominate money but are actually dominated by money.

Park Ji-il, who joined the 'money flower', is the father of Na Mo-hyun in the drama. He becomes the next presidential candidate to be regarded as a powerful politician of the conservative ruling party.

In 2017, Park Ji-il has starred in various dramas like 'Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People' and 'Chief Kim'.

Park Ji-il, "has been playing various roles since the beginning of the year. I will do my best to show this role fresh to the audience. "

Meanwhile, MBC's new weekend drama 'Money Flower' is scheduled to be broadcast in November, and it also stars Jang Hyuk, Park Se-Young, Jang Seung-Jo, Han So-hee, Lee Soon-jae  and Lee Mi-sook.

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20171027

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=201710270959522905029_1

• Like 2

On 26/10/2017 at 6:19 AM, Prettysup said:

Jang Hyuk : Kang Pil Joo 37 yo

Park Se young : Na Mo Hyun 35 yo

Ha ha ha! This is too ridiculous. JH is 12 years older than PSY. They added and subtracted the years from the ages of their characters to hide a decade.

Though it's relief that PSY looks kind of mature but still she doesn't look 35.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

Ha ha ha! This is too ridiculous. JH is 12 years older than PSY. They added and subtracted the years from the ages of their characters to hide a decade.

Though it's relief that PSY looks kind of mature but still she doesn't look 35.  

Well she is 29 in real life, I don't think it is that much of a stretch to add 6 years. Make-up and dressing can do wonders.

• Like 3

On 26.10.2017 at 7:25 PM, jongski said:

Whaaaat? 35 yrs old????  But she's not 35 in real life. I don't think so.... I don't even think she's 30 yrs old.

Age is not relevant here. What is a few years less or plus? I think she can play a character in her 30s, she doesn`t have a baby face. The protagonist will wear clothes that will fit with the character. I think she can be a daughter of a wealthy family and not be interested in fashion.

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

First teaser released !

The first teaser looks intense. I`m already interested more in Jang hyuk`s character.

I wish there is no childhood/teen fated love story. Please, Drama God! Every place I turn , kdramaland is filled with this trope.  But I guess one more it is not going to kill me. :mellow:

• Like 5

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Money Flower 돈 꽃 - Jang Hyuk and Park Se Young - 1st Teaser
2 hours ago, larus said:

The first teaser looks intense. I`m already interested more in Jang hyuk`s character.

I wish there is no childhood/teen fated love story. Please, Drama God! Every place I turn , kdramaland is filled with this trope.  But I guess one more it is not going to kill me. :mellow:

@larus I feel you.  My drama pet peeve.... I don't like whenever there's flashback  at the start, then I have to wait 4-5 sometimes even longer episodes before the present time.  Most always starts 10 yrs ago. I like when flashbacks are done briefly and incorporates it in present time  scenes so we just get an idea why they've became the characters that they are.  I Remember you or My Beautiful Bride  good examples of how flashbacks are done properly.

Thanks for the the teasers, Prettysup.  Looks like he's going to have dark and sad past. Jang Hyuk drama means  excellent acting.

• Like 3

Finally managed to translate this properly, do not read if you do not want to be spoiled!

But it is from the official website.

Kang Pil-joo, male 37 years old

Everyone laughed that I am "Chung-ah's dog"

I admit, I am Chung-ah's dog

But friends, have you ever seen this type of dog?

A dog who feeds his master?

Chung-ah's organization's strategic planning legal advisor, a lawyer who is extremely quick-witted and of high capability. From his good-looks and cheerful personality, one could not detect any sinister intention underneath. Because of his suaveness, people often mistake him as "Chung-ah's group grandson". But no, he is indeed Chung-ah's group grandson, just that others are not aware of this yet. He brought with him the secret when he entered Chung-ah's organization and became its key personnel. Without Kang Pil-joo, Jang Boo-cheon and Jung Mal-ran would be unable to survive, both of them relying on him so much to the extent that they will fall if they leave his side for half a step.

mf_fj.jpg

• Like 3

I don't mind some romance but not the cheesy type. In Midas- very little romance with both female leads. More on family quarrels and company takeover. 

Sy  can match Jh cos she can look older- in Whisper both actors are 36- 37 years old and she got to kiss both :lol:

The preview is fast moving- seems like someone tried to murder him, will be interesting to discover who the murderer is and how Jh takes his revenge  :)

• Like 2

Jung Mal-ran, Female 59 years old

When others say that they dislike both money and power, say it only after you own both just like me.

Although I like money, I yearn for power as well.

But without opportunity, there will be disappointment.
Just as foolish as the sly fox crying over sour grapes.

The eldest daughter-in-law of Chung-ah's group helmsman Jang Kook-hwan, Chung-ah Finance's managing director. One who has never suffered a failure since birth. When the Republic of Korea's government was established, her father transformed from a high ranking government officer to a prominent figure in the finance world, providing much assistance to the Chung-ah's group after his youngest daughter Jung Mal-ran's marriage into the Jang family. Mal-ran firmly believes that Chung-ah's power stem from her father's help, and Chung-ah belongs to her eventually. After her husband's death, she was worried about her survivial in the Chung-ah's group and kept a high-schooler Kang Pil-joo by her side, unexpectedly relying on him to solve many of her problems. It is hard to imagine a world without Kang Pil-joo.

mf_mal.jpg

• Like 3