[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

Finally i watched the drama with subesp hehehe so i understand everything :) 

the actors were great! i can't stop to talk about them ahaha such a great job ..i will wait for all their projects, Jang Hyuk was a monster literally! strong and passion, Se Young ... i saw dramas of her before and she is really good ..she can make the bad girl and the heroine so easily and my new discovery Seung Jo this guy is something serious  ...we have to pay atention.

And the other part of the cast (i don't remember all their names)  my respect ...them made a great job ... they increased the potential  of the drama

About the end ... the best think was a second chance for everyone ...the end is the begining ( i love it! even if we  didn't see a lot of kisses hahaa but the electricity between NMY and ex- KPJ (Jang Eun Cheon) it' wasn't a joke ahaha)

Btw.. i think the last scene between KPJ and JBC ... i don't that is envy , revenge or something..for me it was like: "JBC:  this crazy guy"  because KPJ made a little smile when he saw him (if i'm not wrong aha)

sorry if i wrote wrong words..but i'm learning english ahaha so i will do my best!

and thank you for this thread ... i can share all my love for this drama

• Like 12

THanks to everyone in this thread who kept this drama more interesting in my eyes. The drama was gooddddd and it had a best ending for the drama. I wished the ending wasn't an open ending but it was right for the drama.  

@bebebisous33... Great POV chingu... :heart: and the shout out.  

7 hours ago, kismet22 said:

Another thought I had - will probably have many more since I just finished watching the ending and am still processing...how predictable, and sad in a way that we saw JBC trying out for the position of CEO at Cheong A.  I thought that after everything that he did, went through, heart ache that he caused and suffered he would have moved on with his life.  He seemed to have grown up a bit at the end and after all being Chairman was never 'his' dream until it was his obsession

1) Returning the abacus

2) Telling NMH good bye for real/removing the ring

3) Telling mistress to not demand Jang name anymore...not a name to be proud of but that he would set up will for his son

4) Moving out of Mishowan 

5) Coming to terms with his mother's brand of crazy

6) Cutting ties with KPJ

clap-cheetah-emoticon.gifclap-cheetah-emoticon.gifChingu @kismet22 I felt the same way, JBC didn't change because he never had the chance to learn to work for what is his. upset-cheetah-emoticon.gifupset-cheetah-emoticon.gif That smirk he had when he saw JEC was " I'M SCREWED, I WILL NEVER GET IT" What was sad is that he didn't learn a thing from the past. For example when he spoke to his mom when he wet to visit her in that hospital , he only mentioned JEC's dad's death and his father's death, he did not mentioned the death of JKC or cospiracy to murder JEC's mom and JEC. 

JEC was right the honorable chairman is the cause of all this death. his greed for only allowing a Jang to run the company  so his legacy can remain. smh smsh smh 

HOPE TO SEE ALL THE CHINGU'S HEAR  AT ANOTHER THREAD..... bye1-onion-head-emoticon.gifbye1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 11

7 hours ago, yoeda said:

I think he just pass it to Jang Yoo Cheon. :D

Haha or maybe he knew the MBC president was attending the dinner so he went to do his hair.

2 hours ago, cheremaman said:

Apologies, I must have fallen asleep when this character was introduced but who is the Kim/Jang .... Chul character who stabbed Pil Joo?

He was the illegitimate son of grandpa who threatened to jump off the roof in episode 1. Kang Pil-joo went to settle him during that time.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

More Sy’s photos- without much makeup she looks so much younger.

She is able to match both older actors like Jh and same age actors 

Glad she is gaining  more fans.

Very sad MF ended, hope we don’t have to wait long for their next project 

• Like 10

'Money Flower' Jang Hyuk's final greeting as Kang Pil-joo

On 5 Feb, SidusHQ released a video of MBC weekend drama Money Flower' s lead actor Jang Hyuk. In the video, Jang Hyuk said, "There were a lot of jargon in the process of filming this drama and we had to memorise a lot of lines within the limited time given. So it was a hard time for actors, director, writers, and the crew, but we also had lots of fun. I feel like time passes so fast, and feels regretful that it has come to an end."

He added, "I feel that I do not know what to do after I finish it, I feel like I'm floating around. I've finished my work with a lot of sweat and I will return as another person who is not Kang Pil-joo in the future". 

Jang Hyuk acts as the actual eldest grandson Jang Eun-cheon of Cheong-A, but he hid his identity and stayed next to Jung Mal-ran (Lee Mi-sook) for 20 years in order to take revenge against her. Using controlled expressions and his voice tone, he gave viewers fun and freshness.

'Money Flower' which starred Jang Hyuk ended with 23.9 percent audience ratings, setting the personal high record for itself.

Video link : http://tv.naver.com/v/2661182

2018020601000360600023831.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201802060100036060002383&ServiceDate=20180205

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

After watching the subbed, I'd say $ flowers ended well. ( I should have avoided live streaming!:lol:)

From beginning, KPJ was not afraid to die or goes to prison. He's always one step ahead of Jang's clan.

NMH would have attended to him until he fully recovered and left for his old home.

Now that he's back for CEO interview, the possibility of him getting the post is much higher and higher possibility of him & NMH to be together. If not , as YG suggested, work for other company to compete/ challenge Cheong A.

At the end, I could see KPJ & JKH started to acknowledge each other and KPJ genuinely does care for Cheong A.

I'm glad there is no passionate kissing scenes between 2 of them as it's just not the time yet. Both KPJ & NMH need time to heal and re start from beginning. JH & PSy both were excellent in conveying the final scene at the foundation.

I have seen some of JH previous dramas & movies, I'd say, his portrayal of KPJ the BEST.

Money flowers is definitely my TOP 3 recent dramas.( including Just Between lovers and Wise Prison Living.)

Thank you everyone for sharing your insights here. I'm happy this drama ended well but sad it ended already. I'll re watch on OhK channel again as I'm not ready to say Good Bye yet.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, lindy01 said:

After watching the subbed, I'd say $ flowers ended well. ( I should have avoided live streaming!:lol:)

From beginning, KPJ was not afraid to die or goes to prison. He's always one step ahead of Jang's clan.

NMH would have attended to him until he fully recovered and left for his old home.

Now that he's back for CEO interview, the possibility of him getting the post is much higher and higher possibility of him & NMH to be together. If not , as YG suggested, work for other company to compete/ challenge Cheong A.

At the end, I could see KPJ & JKH started to acknowledge each other and KPJ genuinely does care for Cheong A.

I'm glad there is no passionate kissing scenes between 2 of them as it's just not the time yet. Both KPJ & NMH need time to heal and re start from beginning. JH & PSy both were excellent in conveying the final scene at the foundation.

I have seen some of JH previous dramas & movies, I'd say, his portrayal of KPJ the BEST.

Money flowers is definitely my TOP 3 recent dramas.( including Just Between lovers and Wise Prison Living.)

Thank you everyone for sharing your insights here. I'm happy this drama ended well but sad it ended already. I'll re watch on OhK channel again as I'm not ready to say Good Bye yet.

Yes. We should all understand that this was the perfect way to end this masterpie even though some may feel a bit disappointed (I was too until I 're watched and figured it all out) with the open ending they gave. 

I see everywhere under comments and some thoughts of few members here that KPJ aka JEC & NMH do not and up together. 

The scene where he was saved for the second time by the love of his life says that it is time for the new begining as the real JEC. First time he was saved by her inorder to get his revenge, second time start his new life. And for that it is NMH  who brings him back and signalling him to come start fresh by sending him the Mail also that in seclusion  (without anyone knowing) that goes to say after saving him she looked after him until he went to Gapyeomg and she was the one who knew where he was. Also it is a way for NMH to tell him that it is time to shorten the distance between them, so the last scene where she sees him walking out means She knows he has accepted her request and is back  (like the migratory birds) to an unpolluted company to start new, his life and the deep love theyhave. She was relieved to see him from behind. Remember that NMH did what KPJ asked her to do, not to leave cheong A and clean up the foundation and maintain it purely. And in that last scene it is a promise that she makes to keep him in her heart and no one can replace him in her heart, after heading those words KPJ coming closer meant that it possible to shorten the distance but they both need time. She understood it and that's why she held his hand to say she knows that and she will be waiting until he is ready to begin again and open his heart to her. Man that talk with their eyes!! 

So all in all it is happy ending for all of them. JEC & NMH and also JBC he gets a chance to start all over even without his ex wife or mistress he seems happy. 

By the way, their already in Jeju. YSW  updated her IG before take off and JBC did post a pic on his IG and I could see a suitcase behind :D Cannot wait to see the pics. 

Edited by mimisl123
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Park Se-young joined the Jeju trip

Woo Wang Jeju Island ..... It's so good, but snow ..... ㅠ

13 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Did Hyukie join them?

I dont think he did, the news just came out today that he is travelling to the Grand Canyon to film JTBC variety program 'Carefree Travellers' in February, which I guess will be pretty soon since the Lunar New Year is in mid February, and I think they will return before that.

Edited by triplem
Pls do not post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add
  • Like 14

I'm waiting on english subs for the final episodes! But I read everyone's posts. And I read the live recaps. I think I know what happened now. Thank you! I am so happy that KPJ didn't die. I think we all assumed he was going to die earlier. Does anyone remember? And I saw some posts saying he died, but then everyone said he didn't die. I believe Gradpa, uncle, and yeo cheon went to prison, right? I was not expecting that! I am so shocked! 

I am so shocked by a lot of things I read in all of your posts. And I'm shocked by all the the things I read in the live recaps. I don't think this drama was ever boring and I don't think it was ever predictable. I think the writers were amazing!

I'm so happy! But I can't help but feel sadness in my heart. This drama is so special to me, and it is so close to my heart. And I feel like I am losing a part of myself. I feel like I am losing someone I care about. And I'm not ready for it to end. I feel so empty inside. My heart is hurting.  I will never forget this beautiful drama. The cast was amazing to me. Everyone is an amazing actor and actress to me. I am a new fan of all the actors and actresses! I feel like the drama isn't finished. I feel like there's more to tell us. And I loved every part of the drama. It had me guessing in every episode. I am so happy that I found this drama. It has made a big difference in my life. It made my boring life more fun :).

And I agree it made me wait for weekends! This is such a special drama to me, and I hope it is successful!

And I am in tears! I am so happy but at the same time I am sad. I wish I had more to say but I think everyone has said everything that is important :)  And I agree with everything you all have said. And I think there are too many amazing posts to quote!

Beautiful drama to me. Beautiful cast to me. Beautiful story to me. I felt like I was living with all of them. I felt like I was part of the drama. 

I can't control these tears. I don't know how to say goodbye.

Edit:

I hope the cast enjoys their trip to Jeju :) 

@Prettysup Thank you for the articles!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 13