[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

On 2/4/2018 at 4:26 AM, fragglerock said:

Okay i have now watched both of the last episodes and I understand what is going on now.  It is tying up loose ends and there is alot of metaphoric references in this ending.

Firstly keep in mind most dramas tie up loose ends and either have a time jump or forgiveness.  Thats great in drama land but this drama was not ended that way it was more a realistic way.

Of course NMH told him about the position by sending him the application.  His vision for the company will get him back to being a chairman.  Not because he is a Jang, but that as an attorney for the company it was always his visions that the executives put into place.  So he knows the company as well as he knows himself.

At the end he was saying he finally back to who he should of been 20 years earlier, free of burdeon, taking in the fresh air ready to start a new.

Thats my take on the whole thing.  Someone could have a different take on it but I think i got most of the subtle references.

I agree with the type of love NMH has for KPJ,  Love is not about possessing someone or having to be with them.  Sometimes they give you a beautiful feeling, make you feel alive and even if they dont or cant be with you in this world, the fact that you know they are someone alive in it is enough for you.  They are both not at a place they can love each other without baggage.  Thats why she said she know they both love each other but that she has placed it deep inside her heart and is giving him his freedom to find his place in the world outside of the revenge he created.  The whole walking down the street bit was him starting anew with new possibilities for himself, the company, his relationship with JBC and also finally with NMH as well.

I agree with you that the ending contains a lot of metaphors:

- First the farewell from KPJ with NMH: she is about to leave the foundation, when he appears. He tries to persuade her not to leave the foundation. This scene should be seen as a parallel of the scene, where NMH was about to leave Mooshimwon. Here are the differences:

• Back then, she also wanted to leave but KPJ wanted this too as he saw the place as too dangerous and toxic for her. This time, both are about to leave Cheong A. He knows that he will be convicted and NMH wants to enter politics. However, the other huge difference is that the situation has changed: he wants her to stay there because she will use the foundation for the right purpose: continue the legacy of her father (more equity, no corruption aso). In other words, NMH should be seen as the cleaner of Cheong A, while KPJ had to prepare the foundation so that this would be possible. 
  • Then her words are quite similar, she thinks that KPJ will always keep his distance from her. Despite their love for each other, there will always be a distance. Back then, she said that she knew that his thirst for revenge was bigger than his love for her. But again, she keeps saying that she will always love him. Striking is that after mentioning the distance between them that will never disappear, KPJ acts differently from the time, where NMH kissed him. She had to make the move. She kissed him but he remained passive. In the second farewell scene, notice that KPJ makes a step closer to her. This is an indication that little by little, KPJ wants to reduce the distance she had just mentioned before. He can not kiss her because he is about to be sent to jail. To me, this scene underlines that KPJ's mind has changed a little. We have to imagine that this man for 20 years buried his heart hence I can imagine that it takes some time, until he is able to act on his emotions.
  • Then the reversal of the situation: she is the one who is holding his hand (even caressing his fingers), as a sign of her love and longing. This illustrates again that she will wait for him. 
  • In other words, we should see this scene as an indication that KPJ hasn't given up on NMH entirely, since he makes a step closer and she will wait for him, until he is ready.

- The stabbing: This doesn't just symbolise the death of KPJ, but also signifies the end of the revenge. We shouldn't forget that NMH's first rescue was the trigger that put KPJ to start his revenge and since she is the one who saves him after getting stabbed, her intervention marks the end of his revenge. NMH's first rescue signifies the rebirth of KPJ who abandoned his true identity in the river and the second rescue, the return of JEC. The blood of KPJ caused by the stabbing illustrates the death of KPJ. 

- Striking is that in his last meeting with YG on the rooftop we saw a change in KPJ. The latter wanted to run for real Cheong A. So he had started seeing a new possibility back then but he knew that before this could happen, he had to change Cheong A management. So this conversation was giving a clue that KPJ actually enjoyed running a company. 

- So why didn't he start running the company, when Woo made it clear that he was about to leave his position?  The stabbing was the reason. I guess that it made him realize that he had hurt other people in his revenge. KPJ felt burdened because he had pushed an illegitimate son of the chairman to commit a crime. Notice that he had manipulated the DNA results and made sure that no illegitimate children would claim for the chairman seat. I do think that KPJ went back to the cabin as he wanted to punish himself. 

- But because he received the letter from NMH, he changed his mind. First, the letter indicated that she was still waiting for him and his return. We shouldn't forget KPJ's words to JBC, when the latter asked why NMH would enjoy watching the migratory birds. KPJ answered that she liked watching it because their return would mean that the place is still unpolluted. So we should see a parallel with these words and JEC's return to Cheong A. It is as if this place was his natural environment. However, this time he comes back under his real name: JEC. NHM who likes nature made sure that the company would remain clean and use the money in order to achieve her father's politics.

To conclude, even if it takes some time (6 months for migratory birds), it is JEC's true destiny to run Cheong A. He is like one of these birds who always come back to their natural habitat. And NMH will always remain by his side but this time, JEC will be able to move closer to NMH.

By the way, I was right that both JMR and the chairman JKH were responsible for JSM's death. Like we had all guessed, she had poisoned him. JSM had enough and wanted to cut ties with his family. He was sick of the toxic environment.

@SeGafanlady @zinaa @philosophie @triplem @mimisl123 @0ly40 @sava2sava @UnniSarah @purplebass  @evie7

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

@bebebisous33  Thank you, you are more articiulate than I am and picked up on additional things there.  I was frustrated when i was writing parts of it as the night before no one liked the ending and couldnt understand it.  Yet the next morning after watching it i could understand parts of it and feel the other parts were right but couldnt put them into words.

The best part of the drama was the fact she fell for her step son.  She was so use to destroying everything that got in her way and its good to see a revenge plot when someone cant get over themselves when they cause a huge amount of damage.  Normally they take out plenty of others on the way down.  She was so consumed by her thoughts of him that she was down and out after that.

I am still in two minds though if i should feel sorry for JBC or not.  He was childish and immature yes and even let KPJ take the fall and go to prison.  He spouted alot of things but he wasnt beyond redemption.  I felt if KPJ wasnt out for revenge JBC would of settled alot more and been closer to KPJ,  but the plot was about revenge and i feel torn still with JBC character.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with you that the ending contains a lot of metaphors:

- First the farewell from KPJ with NMH: she is about to leave the foundation, when he appears. He tries to persuade her not to leave the foundation. This scene should be seen as a parallel of the scene, where NMH was about to leave Mooshimwon. Here are the differences:

• Back then, she also wanted to leave but KPJ wanted this too as he saw the place as too dangerous and toxic for her. This time, both are about to leave Cheong A. He knows that he will be convicted and NMH wants to enter politics. However, the other huge difference is that the situation has changed: he wants her to stay there because she will use the foundation for the right purpose: continue the legacy of her father (more equity, no corruption aso). In other words, NMH should be seen as the cleaner of Cheong A, while KPJ had to prepare the foundation so that this would be possible. 
  • Then her words are quite similar, she thinks that KPJ will always keep his distance from her. Despite their love for each other, there will always be a distance. Back then, she said that she knew that his thirst for revenge was bigger than his love for her. But again, she keeps saying that she will always love him. Striking is that after mentioning the distance between them that will never disappear, KPJ acts differently from the time, where NMH kissed him. She had to make the move. She kissed him but he remained passive. In the second farewell scene, notice that KPJ makes a step closer to her. This is an indication that little by little, KPJ wants to reduce the distance she had just mentioned before. He can not kiss her because he is about to be sent to jail. To me, this scene underlines that KPJ's mind has changed a little. We have to imagine that this man for 20 years buried his heart hence I can imagine that it takes some time, until he is able to act on his emotions.
  • Then the reversal of the situation: she is the one who is holding his hand (even caressing his fingers), as a sign of her love and longing. This illustrates again that she will wait for him. 
  • In other words, we should see this scene as an indication that KPJ hasn't given up on NMH entirely, since he makes a step closer and she will wait for him, until he is ready.

- The stabbing: This doesn't just symbolise the death of KPJ, but also signifies the end of the revenge. We shouldn't forget that NMH's first rescue was the trigger that put KPJ to start his revenge and since she is the one who saves him after getting stabbed, her intervention marks the end of his revenge. NMH's first rescue signifies the rebirth of KPJ who abandoned his true identity in the river and the second rescue, the return of JEC. The blood of KPJ caused by the stabbing illustrates the death of KPJ. 

- Striking is that in his last meeting with YG on the rooftop we saw a change in KPJ. The latter wanted to run for real Cheong A. So he had started seeing a new possibility back then but he knew that before this could happen, he had to change Cheong A management. So this conversation was giving a clue that KPJ actually enjoyed running a company. 

- So why didn't he start running the company, when Woo made it clear that he was about to leave his position?  The stabbing was the reason. I guess that it made him realize that he had hurt other people in his revenge. KPJ felt burdened because he had pushed an illegitimate son of the chairman to commit a crime. Notice that he had manipulated the DNA results and made sure that no illegitimate children would claim for the chairman seat. I do think that KPJ went back to the cabin as he wanted to punish himself. 

- But because he received the letter from NMH, he changed his mind. First, the letter indicated that she was still waiting for him and his return. We shouldn't forget KPJ's words to JBC, when the latter asked why NMH would enjoy watching the migratory birds. KPJ answered that she liked watching it because their return would mean that the place is still unpolluted. So we should see a parallel with these words and JEC's return to Cheong A. It is as if this place was his natural environment. However, this time he comes back under his real name: JEC. NHM who likes nature made sure that the company would remain clean and use the money in order to achieve her father's politics.

To conclude, even if it takes some time (6 months for migratory birds), it is JEC's true destiny to run Cheong A. He is like one of these birds who always come back to their natural habitat. And NMH will always remain by his side but this time, JEC will be able to move closer to NMH.

By the way, I was right that both JMR and the chairman JKH were responsible for JSM's death. Like we had all guessed, she had poisoned him. JSM had enough and wanted to cut ties with his family. He was sick of the toxic environment.

@SeGafanlady @zinaa @philosophie @triplem @mimisl123 @0ly40 @sava2sava @UnniSarah @purplebass  

Yes i do agree with what you have said. So true when she mentioned that there would be a distance between them that KPJ will not be able to shorten he took a step closer and looked right into her eyes, which we can think that he is trying to get closer to her. NMH understands him and that he had been living with the aim of taking revenge and it is not easy for him to commit to her right away. that is why she said she will always keep him in her heart and that meant when he is ready he can come to her.  Also, the letter/the mail NMH sent to KPJ symbolizes that she is  waiting for him to comeback and that is why he decided to start fresh as JEC and knowing NMH is waiting for him. Showing NMH in the background meant that she will always be behind him supporting him and protecting one another and eventually that distance may reduce and they end up together. Also she got the signal that he has agreed to comeback and has acknowledged her request, which goes to say that she knows the gap between them is eventually shortening. It is evident that NMH had been waiting for JEC all these years. .

Look at what the Writer did to all of us by giving an open ending! Our creativity and thinking power is expanding:grin:

I wish this had a season 2 to answer a few questions about what did JYC had been doing after getting released in one year, is JMR faking it all that she has gone mad, what happens with Grandpa, How long NGC was sent to prison, How did Young Goo and KPJ met, How did he get Sec Ahn to work for him, the bromance between JBC and him after he becomes the Chairman as JEC and finally the love story between NMH and JEC and how it will develop. Also i wish and it will never have a season2 coz the beauty of this drama will be ruined. However back in my mind i regret that there was no honest heart to heart conversation at the end between NMH and JEC after he comes receiving NMH's letter. It was all

• Like 12

I read recaps  about the last two episodes of money flower here, and honestly I was disappointed with the ending, so I did not intend to watch it. But maybe…I could give it a try…, I'm curious about how my reaction will be, is it that bad ??.. fortunately ... I watched it.

Poster of money flower shows JBC, NMY and KPJ / JEC, and episode finale money flower refocused on them, because that’s their story.

I thought an ending of a drama must be happy or sad, the main actor happy or dead, as clear as possible, but strangely episode final of money flower gives me a feeling of satisfaction. I feel that KPJ / JEC is free, from all the revenge games that he did, from the grip of the jangs, from the guilt to JBC and also from the unspoken feelings to the NMH. Seeing KPJ / JEC staring up at the sky, take a breath and walking among the crowds, he looks very peaceful, his burden disappears. That's what I got.

I think that's a very good thing to be an ending, I mean, I’ve seen KPJ / JEC in all 24 episodes of money flower, his life is about revenge, struggling with jangs, profound sadness due to loss of family, his unrequited love to NMY… I think it is very sad, a very sad life.

But now he's free, now he's JEC, finally !

KPJ is gone, now is JEC

I think it's a good ending, I think it should be like that, it has to be like that.

Thanks for all of you that give your thought about money flower, I really like them all.

• Like 12

FINALLY.... my heart is in PEACE.

if there is a quote saying ‘a woman can bring down a Kingdom’

yes... that is perfectly fit Jung Mal Ran. She is totally a nut job. Totally. 

after watching the last 2 episodes with english sub (normally I watch RAW first) I was like OK.. I get it.. the ending is actually somewhat beautiful and soothing for our Pil Joo.. 

things that I noticed :

1. Pil Joo end his Kang Pil Joo life and emerged as Jang Eun Cheon 

I believe he is the one and only that is capable of leading Cheong A Corporation.. not only that he is the real direct descendant of Jang Kook Hwan his grandfather.. but his qualification and  capability is over the top amazing... NO doubt about it.

2. Jung Mal Ran turns looney.... (she wasn’t put in jail but in a mental ward instead) and it broke my heart when Jang Bo Cheon told his mom ‘As much as I want to.. I can never turn crazy because I need to take care of you’ poor Bo Cheon lost everything... everything...

3. I admire Kang Pil Joo’s stricht point of manner and gentleman behavior when he just let Na Mo Hyun speaks her mind.. everything that she mentioned is the truth of what he feels.. Kang Pil Joo won’t be the jerk that take the advantage of Na Mo Hyun’s divorced status to start an intimate relationship with her.. the ex wife of his once best friend Jang Bo Cheon.. it’s a matter of norms.. humanity... conscience... 

4. I decided to keep you in my heart forever.. the man who saved me. -Na Mo Hyun-

She will never remarries and as one of you stated here already..  Na M Hyun will forever hovering around Pil Joo.. and who knows what’s the future brings right? maybe one day he will find the strength to accept their love and I believe their connection last forever..

5. Will there be FM season 2? I’m putting my bet on it chingu.....

anyway it was an amazing ride as usual with all of you here.. thank you so much my Soompi gank chingu dheul.. as usual.. always always so much fun to mingle with you all and spazzing about our dramas... can’t wait to meet again in a different thread...

nomu kamsahanmida..... 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, lu09 said:

Congrats on the ratings :D:D:D. By the way, what happened to the osts? They didn't play 3 of them. Not that I am complaining considering the fact this drama doesnt go well with actual songs lol. I love the background score in this drama the most :wub:.

I guess there were no opportunity to play them in the drama as there were not enough love scenes in between the OTP.

Anyway the full complication including BGM is available on iTunes Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/sg/album/money-flower-original-television-soundtrack/1343755045

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

All of the cast looks cool at the wrap party and hopefully we'll get subs for the SectionTV interview with Hyukie. One thing that made me laugh is that he said that when he had to cry at the end of EP18 when he revealed his identity, the tear of one eye fell before the other so he tried to move his head to make the other one fall as well. :lol:

As for the ending, we could always write fan fictions about the future, after all. XD At least that's what I did when I wanted more of what a book/show gave me.

Btw, like @bebebisous33 said, the PJ/MH scene at the ending of EP 19 mirrored the one of EP 24 but it was reversed. There it was her who was getting closer to him and letting him know what she would be there if he wanted to get rid of his revenge and leave for good with her. He grabbed her hand and his smile was sad, using non-verbal communication to let her know he'd love to do that but for the moment he still can't. On the last episode he got physically closer to her but even there at the same time he didn't let his heart win because he was a step from finishing his revenge for good but she let him know that she will support him and she'll wait. This drama uses non-verbal communication a lot, because it's not what's being said that's important, but what we do and our bodies and expression speak louder than our voice (in fact when they were together, PJ/MH had longing eyes for each other).

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I guess there were no opportunity to play them in the drama as there were not enough love scenes in between the OTP.

Anyway the full complication including BGM is available on iTunes Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/sg/album/money-flower-original-television-soundtrack/1343755045

Thanks so much for this. Are the BGM released anywhere else for us to download free? Like in YT etc

• Like 7

Have to agree that the ending was satisfactory. Most of the action took place in ep23 but they were dragging it for a bit in ep24 tying all the loose ends.

I can't say that JMR really got what she deserves for what she did to the people she killed for her grudge and greed and in the end hurting her own son even though she did wear the prison clothes she detest so much. 

I had expected that the writers will leave us to speculate the ending for JEC and NMH since there weren't any kind of romance between them from the beginning. Maybe he will just remain her first love.

I didn't understand the part about Ahn Ho Kyung's will. If it was written before the drowning incident why did she address EC as PJ? But I have to admire JEC for not being affected by it and set out to do as he had planned. 

Lastly, thanks to everyone on this thread it was nice reading up on yr insights into this awesome drama. See y'all in another thread. I will miss JEC.

• Like 12

Finished with MF. I must  say KPJ knows how to trigger grandpa emotion. When he sold him.the idea of elected CEO, he said this is so that Cheong A can last for the next 100 years. People will remember him as the one who built it and that stirred the old man.  I have to say despite all that KPJ had done, he never did Cheong A any wrong. He wanted this organisation to thrive. 

KPJ was right about the other child out of wedlock. Put in some effort, don't love like that. In other words, u think u deserve this? Then go fight for it, no point whining and complaining. 

That conversation btw KPJ and NMH was so meaningful and thought provoking. 

Honestly, it never cross my mind that JMR was the one who killed her husband. What an unexpected turn of events for me. Same for the stabbing, it was so sudden and unexpected. But I love how creative the writer used this to mark the end of KPJ. Honestly, if not for the spoiler, I would think that KPJ is going to topple off the building and died. 

What could have made it even better would be he was called in for the CeO interview - Next candidate, Jang Eun Cheon.

Many of u already with the subs , answered a lot of questions. So I won't repeat them here. 

I LOVE the finale :)

I got to see a very satisfying revenge. This is a revenge plot done right! 

And I got to see KPJ dead and reborn as JEC. Only when he can find himself then he can find love (NMH or someone else). 

Awesome job by everyone! 

Once again, MF has set some very high benchmark for any future drama with its plot as revenge. 

And this is me too :( 

• Like 14
  • LOL 2

On 2/3/2018 at 8:05 AM, UnniSarah said:

Now, isn't ironic JBC is not in jail but the rest are. JBC really has lived a charmed life. Everyone protected JBC till the end . Isn't he the luckiest man in the drama. It's seem being dumb was what saved him in the end. Is JBC chairman of the company ??? I would rather not have him be chairman of anything because he might succumb to the money again. smh Smh smh 

@UnniSarah  The one guy that missed jail twice and got off "scott free"....JBC should have gone to jail.  I'm sure that JMR and KPJ probably did everything to "protect" him during the campaign and after yet, the injustice was too much!!!  It actually really chaps me that he didn't spend some time behind bars.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

@UnniSarah  The one guy that missed jail twice and got off "scott free"....JBC should have gone to jail.  I'm sure that JMR and KPJ probably did everything to "protect" him during the campaign and after yet, the injustice was too much!!!  It actually really chaps me that he didn't spend some time behind bars.

Yes, now that u mentioned, everyone was protecting him and helping him to obtain Chairman position. He was the only one who went scot free. 

I cannot not get enough of MF. Everything about it was so good wasn’t? Even the BGM was soooo aptly used.

• Like 13

17 hours ago, kysy said:

What NMH did was send KPJ a letter detailing the CEO recruitment guidelines,  in my opinion it's a way for her to ask him to come back.  KPJ choosing to give Pil joo back his name at the bee farm and leaving to enter the CEO competition is his way of saying he wants to come back. Lastly remember what NMH told Eun Cheon about him not being happy if he can't use his real name. 

It's like he knew he would go to jail for what he had helped the family do and was always prepared for it.  Got out, retired to his bee farm but when NMH asked him to come by sending the application, he did come back as JEC. I feel that of course, they are going to hire him back as the CEO and that he is getting a new beginning for his life. He is finally going to get together w/NMH. I would have loved to have seen them walk together hand in hand into the sunset, maybe share a deep kiss but I'm good w/the ending. At least he is getting a new lease on life. 

This has to be one of the best dramas I've watched.  The acting was flawless, the story never got boring, I didn't have to ffwd a minute of it.  What made it so much more special was getting to read everyone's insight on it. :wub:

Edited by evie7
making sense
  • Like 14

Thoughts on the ending - last two episodes-

1) JBC returning the abacus to Gpa.  He started crying/sobbing in front of the man who tried to kill him...to me it high lighted weakness and not strength it was a clear illustration to Gpa of what JBC lacked-he was truly pathetic

2) The wine glass switcharoo...slight of hand at it's finest.

3) Secretary Ahn sticking it to JMR at the end.  The realization on JMR's face that she had been so totally outclassed and out manuvered

4) The prison scene with JBC and KPJ visiting JMR.  She didn't even notice JBC...it was total focus on KPJ and the past.  Her revenge on SM bc he wanted to leave her... Poor JBC....he really never was more to her than a tool

5) I really liked the idea KPJ had about funneling Gpa's illegal slush fund earnings into Cheong-Bio and creating a "legacy tower of medicine" that would outlive him for 100 years.  Towers come and go but lives saved lived forever.  In many ways, KPJ did alot to rehabilitate the Jang name.

6) Sad to see KPJ alone when he came out of jail.  People surprised to see him (NMH and President Woo) no one waiting for him.  Revenge had cost him everything again...he was alone as he always had been since the death of his family.  His mother's words in the will about living a full life and not one bent on revenge and his understanding of fulfilling her request to show himself to the Jang family on how well he had grown up.

7) One illegitimate son driven for money - bent on revenge knifed KPJ on the roof top.  He must have waited three years to do it.  Not as long or as intense of a revenge scheme as KPJ but a only a shadow of what KPJ did.  Two men in many ways alike in the eyes of the Jangs yet KPJ took down a whole institution and the illegitimate offspring of Gpa tried to take down KPJ.

8)  Again, NMH saved KPJ at the end.

9) The look on JBC's face when he realized that KPJ was there for the job.  There is no way, that JBC would ever be able to compete with him.  Interesting that we did not see JYC in the mix for that job.  He was in jail for 1 year.

10) Any moves for bringing NMH and KPJ together where done by her.  He stepped back first in her office I think bc he was going to jail.  The second seemed more hopeful.  He told her where he was going "rooftop" that is why she joined him.  Not sure but hopeful that there might be a positive ending "in our minds" of how things would have turned out for them.

11) The last scene...KPJ walking outside and looking up.  The sky was clear...clean and open for new beginnings.  It was almost hopeful.  A clean slate, fresh air "the skies the limit"

12) I liked what his friend YG said, that he should go to work for a competitor of Cheong A and take them down...I said that once about how the revenge or story could have played out differently.  If like others said in a magic and perfect world there where to be a second season how fun would it be for KPJ to do just that and take out JBC and others in a round two by managing a hostile takeover or Cheong A - 

13) The scene in the court room where the Jang's where sentenced.  The scene where Gpa looked down the line at KPJ, JSM and JYC getting cuffed.  The look on his face - defeated with a bit of realization that it was "over"

19 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Yes, now that u mentioned, everyone was protecting him and helping him to obtain Chairman position. He was the only one who went scot free. 

I cannot not get enough of MF. Everything about it was so good wasn’t? Even the BGM was soooo aptly used.

Yeah!  yet in my mind he deserved it at least as much as JYC....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 13

Another thought I had - will probably have many more since I just finished watching the ending and am still processing...how predictable, and sad in a way that we saw JBC trying out for the position of CEO at Cheong A.  I thought that after everything that he did, went through, heart ache that he caused and suffered he would have moved on with his life.  He seemed to have grown up a bit at the end and after all being Chairman was never 'his' dream until it was his obsession

1) Returning the abacus

2) Telling NMH good bye for real/removing the ring

3) Telling mistress to not demand Jang name anymore...not a name to be proud of but that he would set up will for his son

4) Moving out of Mishowan 

5) Coming to terms with his mother's brand of crazy

6) Cutting ties with KPJ

He never would have been able to be Chairman in the first place if not for KPJ and deep down he knows that...  Most everything in his life that was "worthwhile" had come from the blood, sweat and tears and sacrifices by the man who he and his mother had wronged.  Say what you want to say, but JBC did wrong KPJ - he knew that KPJ loved NMH and made him give her up.  

So, we see him trying to recover the position that his mother killed for.  In the end, he really was a pathetic creature...(at the mental hospital JMR said that Cheong A was hers and he was her son....how in the world and in any known universe does her dowry from X years ago amass the fortune that Cheong A represents today..)  

We saw two candidates not of blood judged by their accomplishments and skill.  There is no contest and maybe that is the look we see in JBC's eyes.  Surprise and a realization. 

I guess I would have been happier to have seen JBC playing piano and spending time with his mistress and son.  Being a father/parent and breaking the cycle of the path he had been forced to take.

21 minutes ago, kismet22 said:

Thoughts on the ending - last two episodes-

1) JBC returning the abacus to Gpa.  He started crying/sobbing in front of the man who tried to kill him...to me it high lighted weakness and not strength it was a clear illustration to Gpa of what JBC lacked-he was truly pathetic

2) The wine glass switcharoo...slight of hand at it's finest.

3) Secretary Ahn sticking it to JMR at the end.  The realization on JMR's face that she had been so totally outclassed and out manuvered

4) The prison scene with JBC and KPJ visiting JMR.  She didn't even notice JBC...it was total focus on KPJ and the past.  Her revenge on SM bc he wanted to leave her... Poor JBC....he really never was more to her than a tool

5) I really liked the idea KPJ had about funneling Gpa's illegal slush fund earnings into Cheong-Bio and creating a "legacy tower of medicine" that would outlive him for 100 years.  Towers come and go but lives saved lived forever.  In many ways, KPJ did alot to rehabilitate the Jang name.

6) Sad to see KPJ alone when he came out of jail.  People surprised to see him (NMH and President Woo) no one waiting for him.  Revenge had cost him everything again...he was alone as he always had been since the death of his family.  His mother's words in the will about living a full life and not one bent on revenge and his understanding of fulfilling her request to show himself to the Jang family on how well he had grown up.

7) One illegitimate son driven for money - bent on revenge knifed KPJ on the roof top.  He must have waited three years to do it.  Not as long or as intense of a revenge scheme as KPJ but a only a shadow of what KPJ did.  Two men in many ways alike in the eyes of the Jangs yet KPJ took down a whole institution and the illegitimate offspring of Gpa tried to take down KPJ.

8)  Again, NMH saved KPJ at the end.

9) The look on JBC's face when he realized that KPJ was there for the job.  There is no way, that JBC would ever be able to compete with him.  Interesting that we did not see JYC in the mix for that job.  He was in jail for 1 year.

10) Any moves for bringing NMH and KPJ together where done by her.  He stepped back first in her office I think bc he was going to jail.  The second seemed more hopeful.  He told her where he was going "rooftop" that is why she joined him.  Not sure but hopeful that there might be a positive ending "in our minds" of how things would have turned out for them.

11) The last scene...KPJ walking outside and looking up.  The sky was clear...clean and open for new beginnings.  It was almost hopeful.  A clean slate, fresh air "the skies the limit"

12) I liked what his friend YG said, that he should go to work for a competitor of Cheong A and take them down...I said that once about how the revenge or story could have played out differently.  If like others said in a magic and perfect world there where to be a second season how fun would it be for KPJ to do just that and take out JBC and others in a round two by managing a hostile takeover or Cheong A - 

13) The scene in the court room where the Jang's where sentenced.  The scene where Gpa looked down the line at KPJ, JSM and JYC getting cuffed.  The look on his face - defeated with a bit of realization that it was "over"

Yeah!  yet in my mind he deserved it at least as much as JYC....

@Jillia  Sorry, didn't realize that I did....thanks for the kind reminder

• Like 10

Guest elenskivios38

What an excellent ending:Dat first i couldn't get it but all your recap helps me

to understand .Writer -min use metaphor scene which is truly relevant when you 

analize it.Brilliant mind! Bravo! writer-nim. I sure many doubt it at the beginning

but as we go on watching it.And with the help of genuies moderators .and MF

friends .Oh! :wub::) i was relieved and satisfied of ending .All the scene of JH and NMH 

are remarkable, most Kdramas now ..in order to get higher rating they showed a lot

of kissing scenes...this is the only drama eventhough no kissing scene at all... rating is 

getting higher!!! Isn't that amazing?:D

I really clapped at the end of drama .LETS GIVE THEM A BIG ROUND APPLAUSE!!!

You did it MONEY FLOWER! Relax for now MF casts but hope to see soon in another 

drama! Ah! what im gonna do nextweek?perhaps i  re-watch MF.

Thanks a lot to our great moderators.:heart:

Very good show.

Jang Hyuk was fantastic here. I'm not sure which performance I preferred between him and Jo Seung Woo in Stranger in the last year, but both just did a tremendous job. This is why you need veteran and talented actors leading. I'd say Jang Hyuk's performance is a big reason for why this drama works so well. He elevates it into something much more.

Really enjoyed the ending didn't go the cliche way of having Pil Joo's revenge cost him his life. I hated the stabbing scene because I thought they were really going that way, but instead it served as a rebirth for him as Jang Eun Cheon. The little moment between him and Boo Cheon was also nice to see. Even though they agreed to ignore each other, the little hints of a smile showed both men were glad to see the other carrying on with their lives. Something both really needed frankly.

Pil Joo's revenge was finished and he seemed to have isolated himself into living a lonely existence until Mo Hyun reached out to him with that letter for the CEO recruitment guidelines. And Boo Cheon deserved another chance considering his wrong's weren't that grave at all in comparison to basically everyone else. The state of his mother and his entire life crumbling were punishment enough, and it was good to see he's seemingly turned over a new leaf.

I also quite liked the fact that they didn't overdo the romance. After everything that happened, it'd be a tough pill to swallow to suddenly see them being romantic together. Instead the drama clearly displayed there were feelings there, and ending leaves a positive possibility for their future. You can assume something will happen in the future due to where everything is now, but the writer didn't feel the need to sacrifice the integrity of the show for the sake of a romance moment or something. The scene with Pil Joo taking a step forward and closing the distance after Mo Hyun's words was enough to tell us that he cared. As was Mo Hyun briefly holding his hand when he turned away.

The ending episodes aren't the strongest in the show, but they were satisfying. Pil Joo now gets to live his life as he should've, as Jang Eun Cheon. And he'll do it as a good businessman, and his life won't be as lonely or revolving around revenge anymore. That's why that final scene of him just taking in the air and looking at the sky is cathartic. He's free now to actually live his life.

After A Beautiful Mind and Money Flower, I have to say I'm looking forward to Jang Hyuk's next project. When he's on, he's really on. You just want to see him act.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2