[Drama 2017-2018] Money Flower 돈 꽃

Go Seung Ji

Thanks Gerry and Prettysup for all presscon updates.   So 2 hours drama every Saturday. Must be first time for a network to do this?

Second male lead is tall.

Beautiful Park Seyoung | credit aiza

DOBiqaDUQAAN1g-.jpg

Jang Hyuk Oppa!! <3 | cr: itz_92

DOBeEH9XkAAfmYJ.jpg

• Like 3

'Money Flower' is an addictive love story in dangerous square relationship.

MBC new weekend special drama 'Money Flower'  which is scheduled to premiere on 11th November introduced 4 main characters (Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young, Jang Seung-jo, Han So-hee).

“Money Flower' depicts those who live with the illusion that they are dominating by money but who are actually dominated by money. It will portray how humans go after their desires and the true meaning of love.

There are two main themes in 'Money Flower' - desire and love. Especially the complicated subtle relationship of the four main characters which is expected to become the core of the drama.

Jang Hyuk plays the role of the prominent main character, Kang Pil-joo, who is from the orphanage. He holds the power of the large Chung-ah corporation, and is the key person who controls its fate. He acts as if he is the ‘dog of Chung-ah group’, yet he brings with him a secret identity. “I will use love as a mean to gain my own ambition.”

Park Se-young plays Na Mo-hyun, a teacher and environmental activist who dreams of her destined love. As the owner of a bright and free soul, she gets caught up in the whirlwind of destiny by entangling with Kang Pil-joo and third generation chaebol Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung-jo).

Jang Seung-Joo plays the eldest grandson of Jang Kook-hwan (Lee Soon-jae), the founder of Chung-ah group. “I have everything, but what I really want to have is the chaebol, the third generation, which I can not have.”

Han So-hee plays Yoon Seo-won, Jang Boo-cheon's hidden lover. She works as a information desk staff of the Chung-ah group. It is expected to have a big impact on the future square relationship of the characters.

"The love of money is different from the ordinary love of other dramas. Please expect a lethal and addictive love story."

“Money Flower” will be broadcasted at 8:45 pm on November 11 following  'Bad Thief Good Thief'. It will broadcast two episodes a week every Saturday

2017110901000660600045691.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201711090100066060004569&servicedate=20171108

• Like 3

Finally an article on soompi about money flower

The press conference is a success- so many photos and bts

The fans of Jang hyuk and Park Se young are doing a fantastic job in promoting this drama on social media. Even Jh himself posted to remind fans of the new timing, hope people will tune in to watch 

sy with child actor- he is so cute 

• Like 3

Actor Park Jung Hak appears on MBC 'Money Flower'.

The drama is about the story of those who live in the illusion that they dominate money, but are in fact consumed by money. It is scheduled to be broadcasted on November 11, and it stars Jang Hyuk, Park Se-Young, Jang Seung-Jo, Lee Sun-jae and Mi-sook.

Park Jung Hak is a acting actor who left intense impacts on various works. He plays the role of Chauffeur Oh, a person who is responsible for the care of the Chung-ah group in the drama series.

Park Jung Hak said, "I will increase the immersion of the drama as a different character than the villain I have shown. I look forward to many expectations. "

Park Jung-hak is working steadily in various fields such as drama and film. Recently he has appeared on the E-channel 'My Daughter's Man 2' and has been active in entertainment.

2017110808584965389.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1337033

• Like 1

Ambition and money decide fates in MBC’s Money Flower

by tipsymocha

moneyflower-poster1.jpg

Wow, these posters take saturation to a whole new level. MBC is getting ready to launch their newest weekender Money Flower, and we’ve got three new, glossy posters of the main leads, played by Jang Hyuk (Voice), Park Se-young(Whisper), and Jang Seung-jo (Scholar Who Walks the Night). Heavyweight veterans Lee Soon-jae (Yes, That’s How It Is) and Lee Mi-sook (Temperature of Love) round out the cast in the melo, where love, ambition, and money are all interconnected and defines our characters’ relationships with each other.

Money Flower’s one-line synopsis is quite vague, but at the same time, sounds very dramatic, with high stakes and emotions involved: The show will follow those who are under the illusion that they wield money, but are actually controlled by it. However, its message is meant to be a hopeful one, where the pure love of those living in a brutally capitalist society will somehow prevail over money. It’s so pessimistic and yet wide-eyed idealistic at the same time.

Jang Hyuk will play a self-made man who started out life as an orphan, but has risen to become the director of a large conglomerate’s legal division. He almost sounds like an anti-hero, who considers love just one of many tools for his ambition. Park Se-young, on the other hand, is a bright environmental activist who dreams of a fateful love. She’ll get more than her fair share of fate though, as she gets involved with Jang Hyuk and Jang Seung-jo’s wishy-washy chaebol heir character.

I thought the first two posters were quite standard and pretty, but I especially liked the last one, with Jang Hyuk pulling marionette strings connected to Jang Seung-jo, and Park Se-young looking away from the two men. It’s a lot of symbolism that I find—prejudicially, I admit—surprising in a poster for a weekender, what with the empty frame, and the three birds in a gilded cage. It’s certainly evocative, and beautiful too.

MBC has decided to schedule Money Flower differently than its predecessor, Thief-nom, Thief-nim: Instead of airing its two weekly episodes over two days, both episodes will air right after the other on Saturdays, starting on November 11.

cr and more: Dramabeans

• Like 2

6 hours ago, yoeda said:

Jang Hyuk will play a self-made man who started out life as an orphan, but has risen to become the director of a large conglomerate’s legal division. He almost sounds like an anti-hero, who considers love just one of many tools for his ambition. Park Se-young, on the other hand, is a bright environmental activist who dreams of a fateful love. She’ll get more than her fair share of fate though, as she gets involved with Jang Hyuk and Jang Seung-jo’s wishy-washy chaebol heir character.

So the second male lead is wishy-washy type.. I guess he cannot decide who he loves more - his wife or his lover ?

14 hours ago, yoeda said:

Ambition and money decide fates in MBC’s Money Flower

by tipsymocha

Wow, these posters take saturation to a whole new level. MBC is getting ready to launch their newest weekender Money Flower, and we’ve got three new, glossy posters of the main leads, played by Jang Hyuk (Voice), Park Se-young(Whisper), and Jang Seung-jo (Scholar Who Walks the Night). Heavyweight veterans Lee Soon-jae (Yes, That’s How It Is) and Lee Mi-sook (Temperature of Love) round out the cast in the melo, where love, ambition, and money are all interconnected and defines our characters’ relationships with each other.

Money Flower’s one-line synopsis is quite vague, but at the same time, sounds very dramatic, with high stakes and emotions involved: The show will follow those who are under the illusion that they wield money, but are actually controlled by it. However, its message is meant to be a hopeful one, where the pure love of those living in a brutally capitalist society will somehow prevail over money. It’s so pessimistic and yet wide-eyed idealistic at the same time.

I thought the first two posters were quite standard and pretty, but I especially liked the last one, with Jang Hyuk pulling marionette strings connected to Jang Seung-jo, and Park Se-young looking away from the two men. It’s a lot of symbolism that I find—prejudicially, I admit—surprising in a poster for a weekender, what with the empty frame, and the three birds in a gilded cage. It’s certainly evocative, and beautiful too.

MBC has decided to schedule Money Flower differently than its predecessor, Thief-nom, Thief-nim: Instead of airing its two weekly episodes over two days, both episodes will air right after the other on Saturdays, starting on November 11.

cr and more: Dramabeans

I'm wondering why JH covers one of PSY's eyes in this poster.  Does anyone understand its meaning here?

Edited by Ais1ing
Please do not quote images
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

I'm wondering why JH covers one of PSY's eyes in this poster.  Does anyone understand its meaning here?

He sets a trap for her to fall in love with the second male lead, so I guess the covering of one eye signifies that he is deceiving her ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 reasons to watch “Money Flower” 

Reliable cast + Engaging storyline + Different format = A unique weekend drama

New MBC weekend drama "Money Flower" is a story of how people who live with the illusion that they control money, but in actual fact are the ones controlled by their greed. It airs from 11th Nov 8:45pm.

Reliable cast

Jang Hyuk, Park Se-young, Lee Mi-sook Lee and Lee Soon-jae. Just their names alone raise the audience’s expectations.  According to the production team, the sold line-up is a great boost driving the work towards the perfection. Especially Jang Hyuk and Park Se-young, who are working together for the second time since “Beautiful Mind” last year.

PD Kim Hee-won said that, “Jang Hyuk is an actor who you can see his sincerity, he is one whom the director can absolutely trust to deliver the character. And Park Se-young has a lot of similarities with the female lead, the moment I see her I feel that she is very suitable.”

Besides the 2 leads, the mix of veteran and new actors has also drawn much attention. Lee Soon-jae who has been acting for 60 years, and charismatic Lee Mi-sook show great presence in the drama. Included in the line-up are also fresh faces Jang Seung-jo and Han So-hee. Jang Seung-jo performed well previously in MBC’s morning drama “Teacher Oh Soon-nam” and he looks set to continue his streak in “Money Flower”. And this will be CF-star Han So-hee’s second drama after SBS’s “Reunited Worlds”.

Charismatic Characters + Engaging Storyline

“Money Flower” is set in large corporation Chung-ah group that controls the country’s economy. It depicts a variety of human beings who are dominated by money, telling an exciting story of how each of them struggle between their desires for greed and love.

The characters are also interesting. Especially the charms of main character Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk). He is a legendary figure who grew up in an orphanage and holds the absolute power of Chung-ah group. He is called ‘the dog of Chung-ah’ and is the subject of much jealousy. However in fact he is a complicated character who is actually 'the dog that feeds the owner'. He uses love as a mean to attain his goals, but eventually falls into a trap of love himself.

Female lead Na Mo-hyun (Park Se-young) is a bright and energetic environmental activist, a direct contrast with Kang Pil-joo. She is innocent and pure and dreams of a fateful love. She gets caught in a whirlwind relationship between Kang Pil-joo and Jang Boo-cheon (Jang Seung-jo), together with his hidden lover Yoon Seo-won (Han So-hee).

Unexpected development + composition, unique weekend drama

“Money Flower”, which is more similar to a mini-series will attempt to break audiences’ prejudices of weekend dramas. Contrary to existing weekend dramas, the story unfolds rapidly using reverse orders and flash-backs. Artistic cinematography will also bring about a unique experience. Main actor Jang Hyuk said, "The quality of the work is high. Although it is set against a corporate background, it is a work that expresses the desire and purity of people. "

Also, the drama has also adopted an unconventional broadcast format. This will be the first drama to air two episodes consecutively on Saturday. PD Kim Hee-won said, "The existing weekend time drama has a typical framework that viewers know of. But we hope to present this drama in a different way to showcase the characters. "

“Money Flower” will premiere 8:45 pm on November 11 following MBC weekend special project 'Bad Thief Good Thief', for 2 episodes every Saturday.

L20171109.99099003588i1.jpg

http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody.asp?code=0500&key=20171109.99099003588

• Like 2

"Desire, Revenge, Love" ... Jang Hyuk returns as a strong homme fatale

Actor Jang Hyuk takes on the role of the main character Kang Pil-joo in MBC weekend special drama “Money Flower' which is to premiere on 11th Nov.

“Money Flower' is a story of various human beings dominated by money entangled in love. A whirlwind of fate unfolds around Kang Pil-joo (Jang Hyuk) who is born in an orphanage and holds the power of a large enterprise (Chung-ah group).

Jang Hyuk shows great presence as the main character of “Money Flower”.  He is a complicated person who hides his blood relationship with the group and acts as a ‘dog of Chung-ah group’, but in reality he is the ‘dog which feeds its owner’.

In his previous works, Jang Hyuk had acted a wide range of characters ranging from those at the bottom class of society to lawyers and key executives of large corporations. It has been 6 years since his last entrepreneur role in SBS drama “Midas” in 2011.

Jang Hyuk said, "I am glad that I get to wear a suit (entrepreneur) in a long time. Although the background of the drama is a large corporation , but eventually this is the story about people.”

Kang Pil-joo is a person who uses love as a mean for revenge. He hides his humanity to follow his desires, but eventually fall into the trap of love himself. He forms a dangerous square relationship with the female lead Na Mo-hyun (Park Se-young) who dreams of a fateful love, third generation chebol Jang Boo-choen  (Jang Seung Jo) and Jang Boo-cheon’s hidden lover Yoon Seo-won (Han So-hee).

According to the production team of “Money Flower”, Jang Hyuk’s intense and subtle acting is a great boost towards the perfection of this drama. It fully brings out the complicated character, proving to be a charismatic and sexy person.

On the other hand, besides Jang Hyuk, other actors in “Money Flower” include Park Se-young, Jang Seung-jo, Han So-hee, Lee Mi-sook and Lee Soon-jae. Lee Myung-hee, who wrote 'Air City' and 'Jang Yeongsil' is the scriptwriter, and Kim Hee-won, who participated in “Golden Pouch” and “Gorgeous Temptation”, is the first director.

“Money Flower” will be broadcasted at 8:45 pm on November 11 following MBC weekend special project “Bad thief  good thief”. It will broadcast 2 episodes a week every Saturday.

2017111001000798800054741.jpg

e60a2e3e-cadf-4f24-a0c0-4c2dbde5a424.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201711100100079880005474&ServiceDate=20171109

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Prettysup said:

He sets a trap for her to fall in love with the second male lead, so I guess the covering of one eye signifies that he is deceiving her ?

oh yes ... it seems as you say.. he is manipulating them for his benefit or someone... oh can't wait to watch it

long time for me to get hooked up with korean drama... i was busy with life.. only watching some korean drama if my sisters were watching it on the main tv... but now ... i want to watch this live... this cast is excellent...  

• Like 7

Jang Hyuk drama means I'll see good acting from the lead.  This drama better be good.

Unexpected development + composition, unique weekend drama

“Money Flower”, which is more similar to a mini-series will attempt to break audiences’ prejudices of weekend dramas. Contrary to existing weekend dramas, the story unfolds rapidly using reverse orders and flash-backs. Artistic cinematography will also bring about a unique experience. Main actor Jang Hyuk said, "The quality of the work is high. Although it is set against a corporate background, it is a work that expresses the desire and purity of people. "

Also, the drama has also adopted an unconventional broadcast format. This will be the first drama to air two episodes consecutively on Saturday. PD Kim Hee-won said, "The existing weekend time drama has a typical framework that viewers know of. But we hope to present this drama in a different way to showcase the characters. "

This 2 hour  format... could go either way.  Be good and keep the viewers locked into drama  or it could bore them.  It's equal 4 days of 30 minutes of daily drama condensed into 2 hours.  And if the drama is riveting and full of family intrigue,  and keeps viewers fascinates it will be a success.  No doubt we'll have good acting. Script and story flow should be good.  Otherwise, 2 hours might be too much for viewers and might get bored.  This is a mature drama will air on weekend Saturday. Most  local viewers young  (20's above) out on Sat. night so demographics, audience for the drama is for  us kdrama addicts like us. Also with  this new format,  this is still considered prime time even though it's a weekend drama.

I like this format though in crime action psycho thriller or something like Chuno or TWDRS, those historical dramas. Maybe we'll see that  from another MBC drama.

• Like 1

@jongski- I guess it is up to mbc to promote the new timing cos people will be unaware that it is 2 hours long. This drama will appeal to older folks since sat night the youngsters will be out but they can watch online later.

Pray the story is fast moving and interesting and it get translated to eng fast so the international fans can watch 

sy 

• Like 2