[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Where Winter Is Warm, Where Summer Is Cool, 何所冬暖与夏凉

0ly40

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

I really hope not. Even though she really cares for Ye Li and was there for him all the time, basically she isn't a very nice person in how she played out An Jie. 

The other person whom I don't want to have a happy ending is Piao Chen's ex-first love. I hope she gets married to the playboy. If that playboy didn't change as promised he will continue to be a player and will abuse her if she tries to control him. She can't do anything about it because she depended on him for a living. Serves her right for being a gold digger. 

in the preview for the finale .....An Jie told Ye Li that deep down actually he loves Ya Li the most, but he doesnt want to hurt Ya Li..(so i think the drama will got for a happy ending for the 2nd couple.sighhh)..

yeah.. Piao Chen first love is now married to the playboy hehe

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Ep 42 and 43 has no interaction between An Ie and Xi zxhen at all. Only left the finalep 44 to solve the misunderstanding.. whattt =(

The drama is a letdown.. really should have shown more progress in An Jie and Xi Chen..

Somehow I don't think the don't think the drama will end at episode 44. An Jie hasn't find out that Xi Chen is actually Elvis.

1 hour ago, rikimaiu said:

Somehow I don't think the don't think the drama will end at episode 44. An Jie hasn't find out that Xi Chen is actually Elvis.

Sobs i saw in the advertisement it is also written final ep? (Da Jie Ju)?  I hope i was wrong he he he

The drama did not end at 44. My mistake sorry ^^ ..

I guess with the other supporting character stories ..they will need other 10 episodes to wrap up...so shocking

- Piao Chen ex first love .she is pregnant. The bf ran away and their wedding canceled..

- fan bing bing lookalike (jia Shan friend) who is interested in Nian ling (xi Chen bff)

An Jie and Xi Chen meetup in France . She brushed him off..

- ye Li getting married to Ya Li

On 10/4/2017 at 6:02 AM, valerie86 said:

Do you guys think the main lead have chemistry? I didnt see much chemistry..(they were dating in real life in the past.. i read somewhere on internet)

Actually I don't see as much as a sizzle of romantic chemistry more like friends chemistry. There should have been at least a bit more of a spark, but maybe the spark has died down since they are ex-es and he's happily married and has a kid with someone else. Based on the book their characters should have been setting the screen on fire right now...

19 hours ago, valerie86 said:

The drama did not end at 44. My mistake sorry ^^ ..

I guess with the other supporting character stories ..they will need other 10 episodes to wrap up...so shocking

- Piao Chen ex first love .she is pregnant. The bf ran away and their wedding canceled..

- fan bing bing lookalike (jia Shan friend) who is interested in Nian ling (xi Chen bff)

An Jie and Xi Chen meetup in France . She brushed him off..

- ye Li getting married to Ya Li

Maybe she'll find the coat...if they have kept that in and after that the tunnel scene coming up?

I think they will show AnJie just forgives him and accepts him after finding out he's Elvis. I didn't want her to accept him like that at all.....couldn't they have just followed the book with AnJie and XiChen...they have changed everything else....couldn't they have kept these two characters intact?

15 hours ago, dito said:

Actually I don't see as much as a sizzle of romantic chemistry more like friends chemistry. There should have been at least a bit more of a spark, but maybe the spark has died down since they are ex-es and he's happily married and has a kid with someone else. Based on the book their characters should have been setting the screen on fire right now...

Maybe she'll find the coat...if they have kept that in and after that the tunnel scene coming up?

I think they will show AnJie just forgives him and accepts him after finding out he's Elvis. I didn't want her to accept him like that at all.....couldn't they have just followed the book with AnJie and XiChen...they have changed everything else....couldn't they have kept these two characters intact?

It appears that tunnel scene happen before she knew his identity as elvis. An  Jie found out Xi Chen is Elvis from a female doctor ~ after the doctor told her that the person asking the doctor for operation was Xi Chen. Then An Jie said (how is it possible..xi chen is elvis)

In the tunnel an Jie basically said all the mean mean words to him..she called him ""bastard" etc as Xi Chen forced kiss her  in tunnel... So heartbreaking...

The last 5 episodes are all about the supporting characters.. so annoying.. i dunno what the writer are thinking.... 

On 10/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, valerie86 said:

Ep 42 and 43 has no interaction between An Ie and Xi zxhen at all. Only left the finalep 44 to solve the misunderstanding.. whattt =(

The drama is a letdown.. really should have shown more progress in An Jie and Xi Chen..

The drama was choppy.. I think there wasn't much of a budget but all the actors/actresses dressed very well.

On 10/3/2017 at 5:32 PM, valerie86 said:

Do you guys think the main lead have chemistry? I didnt see much chemistry..(they were dating in real life in the past.. i read somewhere on internet)

Only in the last couple of episodes did I see that spark ignite. They had one passionate, hot kiss. A little letdown on my end because it took 50 eps... Also be careful with the cut and uncut versions. The transitioning was just that bad.

On 10/3/2017 at 4:11 PM, rikimaiu said:

It took her almost 48 episodes to find this out. THE PLOT WAS BORING.

On 10/6/2017 at 3:18 AM, valerie86 said:

It appears that tunnel scene happen before she knew his identity as elvis. An  Jie found out Xi Chen is Elvis from a female doctor ~ after the doctor told her that the person asking the doctor for operation was Xi Chen. Then An Jie said (how is it possible..xi chen is elvis)

In the tunnel an Jie basically said all the mean mean words to him..she called him ""bastard" etc as Xi Chen forced kiss her  in tunnel... So heartbreaking...

The last 5 episodes are all about the supporting characters.. so annoying.. i dunno what the writer are thinking.... 

The side character plot could have been disregarded. I found this drama lacking on the plot side and there was not that much chemistry with the main leads compared to the book.

Gawd - so glad this show is all completed. I love Olivia Wang BUT had to work hard preserving that liking  This character she plays started out so welll and just - well ate up my patience with the character's immaturity, stupitiy, chronic lifeless weaknesses and persistant ignorance. Her long suffering amour XXC - I mean - the guy has it HARD. Iroically - it reminds me of a lot of Asian guys who blindly love and stay with a ridiculously flawed and weak damsel in distress, and women who stay with abusive losers..... Same with the silly girls who keep sticking with unrequited love like pathetic, parasitic, spineless remoras - even the highly educated ones. Very few likable female characters on this show...... SHEEEEEsh........ rech, blech gagggg!!!

6 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

The drama was choppy.. I think there wasn't much of a budget but all the actors/actresses dressed very well.

Only in the last couple of episodes did I see that spark ignite. They had one passionate, hot kiss. A little letdown on my end because it took 50 eps... Also be careful with the cut and uncut versions. The transitioning was just that bad.

It took her almost 48 episodes to find this out. THE PLOT WAS BORING.

@thunderman1

May u please let me know Which episode is their hot kiss?,i watch the series with skipping some episodes =) thanks....

yeah i cannot believe she found out in episode48. that is crazy.. plus ever since episode 44  the main lead only appear for a very short time.  (maybe 5 minutes per episode).. 

I am so glad the drama is over.

4 hours ago, valerie86 said:

@thunderman1

May u please let me know Which episode is their hot kiss?,i watch the series with skipping some episodes =) thanks....

yeah i cannot believe she found out in episode48. that is crazy.. plus ever since episode 44  the main lead only appear for a very short time.  (maybe 5 minutes per episode).. 

I am so glad the drama is over.

Oh I forgot there was one make-out scene as well. lol 

Let me find them again and link them to you. 

@ 45:32... one hot mighty kiss finally. I am finding the makeout scene for you again but I recall it being in ep 36-44... 

Sometimes it doesn't make sense why the creators think in todays time people...especially women will like a character like AJ...or should I say the character they turned her into. If only hadn't changed AnJie....forwarding all the other crap, the drama might have still been bearable. 

If any you guys can read chinese I recommend go read the book ...its way better than the drama or if can bear the google translate version of the book....try that.

I read Tears In Heaven on GT too. But now I'm really wary of watching that one too. And I wanted to watch that drama...book was not bad ...main characters were interesting...though the girl was frustrating at times. But after reading the summaries I see they changed the story to some lame old stuff. Changed the main male leads character into a typical second lead of korean dramas. I don't like the way these dramas turn the main characters into these stalkerish lovers who always help the female leads behind the scenes without their knowledge...I mean do these smart, accomplished young men, who are internationally educated...as is the norm in these shows...are so lacking in self confidence to come forth and confess their interest in the girl in a straight forward manner....without resorting to all these underhanded ways of professing their love. I'll take Mr Darcy any day compared to these guys. At least when he couldn't deny his feelings anymore he confessed to his lady love...even though he was such an a.s.s about it....and totally deserved that rejection. :D

3 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

Oh I forgot there was one make-out scene as well. lol 

Let me find them again and link them to you. 

@ 45:32... one hot mighty kiss finally. I am finding the makeout scene for you again but I recall it being in ep 36-44... 

Thank you sooooo muchhh ^^ ^^

On 10/7/2017 at 2:37 PM, valerie86 said:

Which episode is their hot kiss?

@valerie86 the beginning of ep 39 is when XXC and AJ had first bedroom contact. As for kissing - this show was  lacking in romance but overflowing with awkward kissing and silly attempts at intimacy. everything was just off including the coleads as well. some kind soul compiled all the kissing on this show between XXC and JAJ collated and posted them on youtube.... 

• 3 months later...

Oh wow, looks like I joined this discussion pretty late huh LoL? Better late than never right?

Am currently on e. 12 and watchin' this via satellite tv. The female lead's sourpuss facial expressions are a total turn-off. Especially the way she treats her lil' bro' who btw is cute as a button. I find it really dumb of An Jie that despite not being able to see, can't "see" that Xi Xi Chen is Elvis (I'm LoL at the name Elvis 'cause they could've picked a more subtle common name instead but whatever) I mean she failed to recognize his voice! Why? Because Xi Xi Chen is speaking Chinese? Ridiculous. Or even sense his touch? I don't know An Jie just comes across vapid right now.

Her ex is just as pathetic (I didn't like him in The King's Woman either) The girl who throws herself at him look a lot like Angelababy. I like the romance between An Jie's brother with her BFF, it's super duper cute. The show is titled on my channel as "What And What A Cool Summer" which makes me laugh everytime it comes on screen! I just go WTF is that LMFAo? Yea total fail I'd say. 

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Oh wow, looks like I joined this discussion pretty late huh LoL? Better late than never right?

Am currently on e. 12 and watchin' this via satellite tv. The female lead's sourpuss facial expressions are a total turn-off. Especially the way she treats her lil' bro' who btw is cute as a button. I find it really dumb of An Jie that despite not being able to see, can't "see" that Xi Xi Chen is Elvis (I'm LoL at the name Elvis 'cause they could've picked a more subtle common name instead but whatever) I mean she failed to recognize his voice! Why? Because Xi Xi Chen is speaking Chinese? Ridiculous. Or even sense his touch? I don't know An Jie just comes across vapid right now.

Her ex is just as pathetic (I didn't like him in The King's Woman either) The girl who throws herself at him look a lot like Angelababy. I like the romance between An Jie's brother with her BFF, it's super duper cute. The show is titled on my channel as "What And What A Cool Summer" which makes me laugh everytime it comes on screen! I just go WTF is that LMFAo? Yea total fail I'd say. 

@Latte_Anyday .. Chingu, are you watching this with subs??? 

Archived