[Japanese Drama 2017] Wife, Handle with Care , Okusama wa, Tori Atsukai Chui, Cast: Haruka Ayase, Oct, Wednesdays 22:00

0ly40

Wife, Handle with Care

File:Okusama wa, Tori Atsukai Chui-tp02.jpg

• Drama: Wife, Handle with Care (literal title)
  • Romaji: Okusama wa, Tori Atsukai Chui
  • Japanese: 奥様は、取り扱い注意
  • Director: Ryuichi Inomata
  • Writer: Kazuki Kaneshiro
  • Network: NTV
  • Episodes: 10
  • Release Date: October, 2017 --
  • Runtime: Wednesdays 22:00-23:00

Plot

Nami Isayama (Haruka Ayase) met a man through a blind date and married him. She and her husband moved to a quiet, exclusive residential area. Nami is now a housewife and she decides to take cooking classes. She meets other housewives at the cooking class and receives tips from them, while becoming friends. Nami surmises that one of the housewives in her cooking class is the victim of domestic violence. Nami decides to save the victim by herself.

Cast

source: asianwiki

• 2 weeks later...

Additional cast members were officially announced on August 26th:

- Hirosue Ryoko  as Ohara Yuri

- Honda Tsubasa as Sato Kyoko

Both of them will be playing housewives. Hirosue's character is a knowledgeable and obstinate woman while Honda portrays a quiet young housewife brimming with curiosity.

This drama is a fusion of a family drama and an action drama created and written by Kaneshiro Kazuki, the same guy who came up with "SP", "BORDER" and "CRISIS". They even got the stunt coordinator from "CRISIS" for this. I know people here liked CRISIS, so this should definitely be a drama to watch out for. I'm most likely going to sub it as well.

Better synopsis from the most recent news articles, translated by me:

Isayama Nami, in order to start over her life and to find happiness, married the man she fell in love with at first sight during a blind date and moved to a quiet high-end residential area. Nami isn't really good with domestic chores in general, including cooking or cleaning, but she has a very strong sense of justice and it would be very ill-advised to make her angry. She was born and raised without a single relative and had to experience a life without knowing what it means to love or be loved. By making friends with other housewives, who she occasionally saves from various predicaments, and by cuddling close to her husband, it's the first time for Nami to experience true kindness and warmth in her life.

And for some rumors:

Either Hasegawa Hiroki or Nishijima Hidetoshi are rumored to play the husband.

It's official now. Nishijima Hidetoshi is going to play the husband. A little "CRISIS" reunion for him and the writer.

"Isayama Yuki runs an IT company together with a close friend. His wife is an airhead, but he doesn't mind and keeps being a gentle and always smiling husband."

• 1 month later...

The first episode was awesome. Interesting backstory. Tight action scenes as expected. Some really unexpected moments. Not a lot of Nishijima yet, but they're a cute couple so far. I kinda hope he gets a surprise twist down the road, so the drama becomes like Mr. & Mrs. Smith in a sense. :D

• 2 weeks later...

@HPriest  I enjoyed the drama! Thanks for the sub!  From Crisis to Blanket Cats and now This. I've been watching his dramas one after the other.

Nami got the skills and the moves.  And her being an ex agent/ spy. She definitely needs some action.  The mind and the body calling for it. She got bored being a housewife ( got me laughing) and  her skills put to good use with that domestic abuse happening with one of her neighbors. They better not mess with her.

Mr & Mrs Smith be like! I wonder if he's got hidden identity as well. He knew  immediately she felt out of place and doesn't belong there. And  the way he asked those questions  when they first met  " Where are you from? You parents well? My parents died due to traffic accident. I'm sure Isama Yuki double life too. I could be wrong but when he said  "Maybe it's fate that brought us here" I could be right.

The suburbs,  the housewives.. the sly cheeky somewhat naughtiness at the end... oh what's that show with mysteria lane address.  Hah.

There are some angles she looks like Jennifer Garner

Spoiler

RTs ctto as tagged

Just finished Eps 3. That last scene tho :D

Anyway,  each episode has different situations where in Nami will  use her skills to help victims of unfortunate situations. 

Ep1  was about domestic abuse of neighbor,  Ep 2, blackmail and harassment,  Ep Bullying.  This time how she helped  in away how a person should be mentally fit which will combat bullying from other mothers.

The drama feels lacking tho'.  lacking depth and need more weight to the story and the characters . Right now after watching episodes 1-3 it feels like  a day in lives of 3 bored housewives of neighborhood land.  Whilst the husbands work.

This drama  have excellent actors-  Haruka Ayase Honda Tsubasa Hirosue Ryoko Hidetoshi Nishijima.  but I feel I'm getting acting skills not on full display.. Drama needs to utilized their acting skills with  good scenes  which add depth to their characters.  I don't want these actors esp HD to be just a character who's plain clueless.  I don't know if jdramas do pre produced or live shoot them, but I wish for it  to be more thrilling in  a way that I hope it should be. I was thinking more heavy action/ political/ crime/ thriller since  main character is former spy/ agent.  But I suppose the genre isn't  what I was expecting.

I do like that I finally get to see Hidetoshi smile a lot. And I mean a lot in this drama <3

DMyJjPmU8AAtJDc.jpg

Plus Haruka Ayase is  beautiful and one toned and tough gal! 

Imagine if Isayama finds out his wife is ex  agent.  He's getting suspicious of her. Perhaps he knows?  He just pretends he doesn't know, goes  along with whatever she says and does.  In an earlier scene,  there was a foretelling of secrets either from.  like I said, what if Isayami is ex agent too?  Drama after 3 episodes is fun and cutesy. The scenes of  Haruka and Hidetoshi got me smiling esp Ep 2

Oh yeah...watch the scene :tongue:

All RTs cr: as tagged.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Ep 4 atm,, and if I can see Ep 5 sub. :)

That smile! Holy wow. Enjoy the scenes, cos we rarely see him smile for most of his crime actions dramas *coughs* Crisis, Mozu,  etc

I like these two! <3<3

She was tough one growing up. She won't let anyone bully the weak.  Oh yeah hat flick of her arm karate chopping the thugs is her trade mark.  Watch Nami kicks *ss! :D 

RT cr: as tagged

The three housewives  of...... :D

The two BFF house wife of Nami.. I forgot their character names but both have story of their own dealing with their cold unfeeling husbands.

Honda Tsubasa Haruka AyaseH irosue Ryoko

No tricks just treats :D

• 2 weeks later...

Doing marathon of 4-6. Done with ep 4.  And now I'm curious. I wanna know what book was he reading  at the end of the scene? Pride and Prejudice?  Anywa, thought on episodes once I'm done with 6  Thanks HPriest/ d-addicts for the subs

Oh no! What way to dampen  the 3  wives good night out lasting till the morning. Yuri-San's confession of getting diagnosis as she found a lump  and the chances of it becoming breast cancer is 50-50. Her possessive professor husband has not idea. The husband's having their own  meeting waiting for them trying to find solution so  the one day running running will not happen. They're trying to share stories of what could and should have done to prevent a repeat. Sato- San' husband is Mama's boy.  Isayama is the only level headed and understanding husband among the three. 

I'm still watching ep 5 not ye finish. I just didn't expect this  drama to be to be tackle woes of the wives but  every episodes  gives us different story in which   Nami  is able to to useher skills as ex agent to help  neighbor hood wives (it's always them that's featured) in situations that put's them and their families in danger.

I'm gonna say this... I have a feeling  this will have a kdrama version.. in the near future.  Well,  kdrama ( not sure w/c network) will be doing  Rich man,  Poor woman version  ye know.  But that's another topic.  More of this drama later once I'm done with 5 and 6.

On 18.11.2017 at 7:13 PM, jongski said:

Doing marathon of 4-6. Done with ep 4.  And now I'm curious. I wanna know what book was he reading  at the end of the scene? Pride and Prejudice?  Anywa, thought on episodes once I'm done with 6  Thanks HPriest/ d-addicts for the subs

It was "First Love" by Ivan Turgenev.

I added it to the translation notes on d-addicts. Always check the first post for notes. I don't always add them to the subs themselves in order not to ruin the moment (or the notes are too long).

Sorry I don't drop by here often, but unfortunately there's not much activity going on around here.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

Finally catch up to latest episode, my only complaint is I wish they focus more on her back story and the husband more instead of weekly crime fighting which I found didn’t really add any value to the overall storyline.   

Yeah, that's  how I feel too. I figured the drama would be more like crime action. More depth in a way. But each episodes there's different crime fighting scenarios and Nami usually turns into super housewife ex agent crime fighting woman trying to help mostly the wive' in the neighborhood.  Nevertheless I enjoyed watching  Haurka Ayase in this role and she's good!

For our male lead Hidetoshi Nishijima,  felt his acting skills got wasted here. Well this drama is more centered and dominated by women. Even each week's story  and neighbor hood crisis features wives and the problems and situations they've encountered.

@Dbsk_Lminho Sorry dear haven't watch episodes 6-10 but will binge watch all  Eps  this week.  Good to see dorama fan following the drama.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, Dbsk_Lminho said:

can someone please explain the ending of ep 10 cause i didn't catch it

I thought it was an abrupt ending, although in some ways it does suit the tone of the show overall..

Even though it looked like nami's husband was going to capture/arrest nami at first glance, another interpretation is that nami's husband decided to stay with nami (rather than the ultimatum he gave about never seeing her again, as she initially was expecting to return to an empty house after the big fight scene) and keep up the excitement/thrill that nami enjoys by using a gun in playful fighting.

I hope this is the case, because I really enjoyed watching this series and the previous episodes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 3:20 AM, blueclueblue said:

Finally catch up to latest episode, my only complaint is I wish they focus more on her back story and the husband more instead of weekly crime fighting which I found didn’t really add any value to the overall storyline.   

same here.. her story was actually way more interesting than the other sub stories and their dynamic between the two of them especially towards the end was really intriguing....

On 12/12/2017 at 4:19 PM, lyricalwax said:

I thought it was an abrupt ending, although in some ways it does suit the tone of the show overall..

Even though it looked like nami's husband was going to capture/arrest nami at first glance, another interpretation is that nami's husband decided to stay with nami (rather than the ultimatum he gave about never seeing her again, as she initially was expecting to return to an empty house after the big fight scene) and keep up the excitement/thrill that nami enjoys by using a gun in playful fighting.

I hope this is the case, because I really enjoyed watching this series and the previous episodes.

am liking your take. was not sure what to make of it but I like how she seemed to just light up on seeing him at the end. so my thought was that she will manage to run again knowing that he will chase her and find her again and when he does, it may be different because they really can't help loving each other.....

but their fighting scene really did make me giggle especially when she threw the vases at him and he delicately captured them and she was so exasperated but he was like "I like those vases!!!" hahahha.. guess he really loved everything about their life together. so will there be a season 2 or SP? does anyone know?

• 7 months later...

Archived