[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

9 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Yes. Soooo agree . Shen Yue and Hu Yi Tian have siZZLING chemistry.   They are one of the pairs that I ship the most. 

And looking at their behind the scene for the kiss. Hu Yi tian said his waist is too sore he just cant stand it anymore). Cause he is way too tall at nearly 190cm and has to bend so much to kiss her (she is 158 or less).   Maybe in real life he needs to find a gf who is quite tall (save him from his waist pain and backpain).

I feel bad for Hu Yi Tian as he has to continuously bend his waist every time to either hug or kiss Shen Yue. But their height difference makes the OTP so adorable! Perhaps, the director will have them kiss sitting down or in bed (like the preview for Ep 23) to make it easier for him.

However, you can see even in their hug scenes that Hu Yi Tian's chin is way much higher than Shen Yue's head. In dramas when the OTP has a height difference, they have a lot of scenes where when the OTP hugs, they have the male lead place his chin on top of the female lead's head. But in this case, Hu Yi  Tian is just way too tall to do that. At times when I see that visual, I still go "wow...he's so tall!" I think some dramas like to cast actors/actresses that are more or less the same height (or at least the male only a head taller than the females) so that it's looks balanced visually. Hu Yi Tian sticks out in every scene because he towers over everyone. Wu Bo Song is tall, but he's way much shorter than Jiang Chen.

I hope there's more kissing scenes, and I hope the OTP improves a bit with experience.

It's so hard to wait a week for the last few episodes. You know Xiao Xi & Jiang Chen will reunite. They still love each other. Wu Bo Song never had a chance.

Isn't it ironic, that Xiao Xi pursued Jiang Chen in high school like crazy and was so in love with him. Now, Jiang Chen is the one who (at least to me) seems more in love with Xiao Xi now. He was unwilling to go to Tsing Wah University (I believe it's the #1 University in China -- equivalent to Harvard University) because he didn't want be far from Xiao Xi. Then the program/course/fellowship in Beijing normally would take 4 years, yet he did in 3 years because he wanted to come back to be with Xiao Xi as quickly as possible.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, briaes said:

Hi there. I'm a bit late to catch on this drama. Just started ep 1 today. From the trailers it looks promising esp with the blissful ending. What actually draws me in was the still shots of the otp huge height difference. I find it really comical :D.

From hu yi tian's profile he's supposedly 6ft. But i seriously find it hard to believe. I feel like he's about at least 6ft 2. On screen, his towering height just overwhelms everything else. He just drawfs his adorable co-star shen yue. And I'm loving how the writers play out their cute height difference in some scenes esp the hairband scene:wub:

Does anyone know if this height difference is also part of the character traits in the novel?

@briaes yea there's definitely a major height difference between JC and CXX in the novel as well. I don't know if you can take this as a point of measurement, but JC says to XX: "You're so short... that I can give you one of my T-shirts and it would cover everything."  Chapter 27.  

And then Xiao Xi asks him for one of his shorts because the shirt-only look somehow doesn't really exude sex appeal  (she says her legs are not those long sexy legs that look good in guys' clothes) ... and JC's shorts turn out to be 3/4 pants on her ahahahaha. So you can imagine how tall JC is.. and how great the height diff is. I think it's definitely possible that Jiang Chen could be around Hu Yitian's height.

7 hours ago, valerie86 said:

We need to wait for 7 days before the last  three episodes  airs. So long wait. But here is what you can expect to see from novel : ♡♡♡♡

Hide contents

- after Xiao Xi faints in front of emergency room ad Jiang Chen running towards her . Jiang Chen treating her wounds on the head .  he  said he always wait for her to return to him, and said she regretted her action in the past.  He then asks for them to get back together.  In the novel she said yes straightaway. Lets get back together.

- jiang chen live together with xiao Xi for 2 or 3 months (how romantic)

He proposed to her  when she is drunk (too much beer lol) and she said yes.  But next day she didnt remember when Jiang chen told her they are getting married.

She then got super upset that Jiang Chen did not propose  in the romantic manner. So she cried.. Jiang Chen then came up with the baloon idea (ring tied to baloon and put inside syrnge box). and propose in the hospital bedroom.  Chen Xiao xi , marry me !

- Jiang Chen one night seems pondering about something. Xiao Xi ask what he is thinking  , he answer : "if you aren't here". 

Xiao xi : "oh. You can find a girl more  pretty, skinny, mature, understanding than me"

Jiang chen : "yes"

xiao xi  cried a lot and keep saying Jiang chen is a jerk..and gets mad at him when he brushed his teeth. 

At last he said to her  "why do you keep forgetting. I love you soooooo much. Even if there is a girl prettier skinnier etc etc  than you ~ its none of my business".

The bed scene preview in EP 23, was that their first bed scene together? 

I thought it was because he said "I won't be polite and told her don't regret."  

This drama is sweetness overload ! It is a nice change that JC is now doing the chasing and taking the initiatives. It will be easy to win over XX because XX  has never stopped loving him. Again, I feel bad for BS as he is the one who was with XX for the past 3 years during JC's absence. JC and XX love for each is too strong to let a third person comes in between them. As JC said in the preview, there are many other girls who are taller, slimmer, prettier and smarter than XX but all these has nothing to do with him. In other words, he has only eyes for XX and no one else !

3 hours ago, RealityDream said:

The bed scene preview in EP 23, was that their first bed scene together? 

I thought it was because he said "I won't be polite and told her don't regret."  

no their first time is in Jiang Chen's house (where Xiao Xi stay over) he did say "I wont be polite and dont regret " when their first time did it. 

After that he moves to stay with Xiao Xi at Xiao Xi's place, and live together for 2-3 months.  Jiang Chen is so shameless even copy Xiao Xi's key without asking for her approval.   Even xiao Xi scoffed he didnt want face (shameless) how dare he copied her key :P:

(the scene in preview : where he said dont forget I love you very very much is the last chapter of the novel)

8 hours ago, eungniming said:

So, its 23 episodes long, not 24. Most website wrote its 24 episodes drama.

I am really curious, do they have child at the end of the novel or just ends with they are getting married? 

they are almost married at the end of novel (my mandarin is not exactly good. can someone else clarify if i am wrong TT)

no kids yet hehe. but they have conversation regarding kid

Xiao Xi asked JC what is she cannot get pregnant will he divorcE?.

JC said its ok he will not divorce her.

Xiao Xi "is it because u love me so much?"

JC : "No, because I dislike children"

8 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

no their first time is in Jiang Chen's house (where Xiao Xi stay over) he did say "I wont be polite and dont regret " when their first time did it. 

After that he moves to stay with Xiao Xi at Xiao Xi's place, and live together for 2-3 months.  Jiang Chen is so shameless even copy Xiao Xi's key without asking for her approval.   Even xiao Xi scoffed he didnt want face (shameless) how dare he copied her key :P:

(the scene in preview : where he said dont forget I love you very very much is the last chapter of the novel)

they are almost married at the end of novel (my mandarin is not exactly good. can someone else clarify if i am wrong TT)

I thought the ending is where they'll have a kid name Jiang Xiao Ke. The narrator on one of the previews? I realized JC is the type that tends to say no, but his heart says yes, so since he said he dislikes children, he actually likes children. :D

10 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

I thought the ending is where they'll have a kid name Jiang Xiao Ke. The narrator on one of the previews? I realized JC is the type that tends to say no, but his heart says yes, so since he said he dislikes children, he actually likes children. :D

Hehe. Yeah in the drama they add a kid.

In the novel there is no jiang xiao ke. Heheh. 

4 hours ago, rikimaiu said:

This drama is sweetness overload ! It is a nice change that JC is now doing the chasing and taking the initiatives. It will be easy to win over XX because XX  has never stopped loving him. Again, I feel bad for BS as he is the one who was with XX for the past 3 years during JC's absence. JC and XX love for each is too strong to let a third person comes in between them. As JC said in the preview, there are many other girls who are taller, slimmer, prettier and smarter than XX but all these has nothing to do with him. In other words, he has only eyes for XX and no one else !

Tooooo sweettt this drama

Yeah. 3 years later JC is still strongly in love with her.. jiang Chen cannot live without her .  (In novel it is mentioned that when JC is exhausted and depressed  because of his doctor job . He always always wished XX was there. Seeing her dumbness etc will make him lightup =)  

He ask Xx to apologize to her , maybe he consider it is XX fault when she ask to break up.. after Xx said sorry . He kissed her and said "no more next time. Do you know that)".

Later. He ask XX to reconcile. (The funny thing is he even threaten if she ever say the word break up again  there will be thousand of knives at her (as in the surgery knive). 

He is definitely taking the initiatives  =) 

22 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Tooooo sweettt this drama

Yeah. 3 years later JC is still strongly in love with her.. jiang Chen cannot live without her .  (In novel it is mentioned that when JC is exhausted and depressed  because of his doctor job . He always always wished XX was there. Seeing her dumbness etc will make him lightup =)  

He ask Xx to apologize to her , maybe he consider it is XX fault when she ask to break up.. after Xx said sorry . He kissed her and said "no more next time. Do you know that)".

Later. He ask XX to reconcile. (The funny thing is he even threaten if she ever say the word break up again  there will be thousand of knives at her (as in the surgery knive). 

He is definitely taking the initiatives  =) 

May I ask if there is a link to read the novel online?

12 minutes ago, whome said:

May I ask if there is a link to read the novel online?

You can find the link to the ebook here (it's not been translated to English): http://www.books.shushengbar.com/?p=3695

53 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

I realized JC is the type that tends to say no, but his heart says yes, so since he said he dislikes children, he actually likes children. :D

Seriously, if he disliked and/or was bad with children, he wouldn't have gone out of his way to sit down next to that crying girl in the hospital.  He'd have just kept going.  But he didn't and instead tried to comfort her. 

But of course JC has to answer that way because he seems incapable of admitting how he really feels out loud, which is that he'll never divorce XX because he loves her and can't be without her.  Oh JC.... :tongue: 

2 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Hehe. Yeah in the drama they add a kid.

In the novel there is no jiang xiao ke. Heheh. 

I read the novel about the section where XiaoXi went to JiangChen's house. 

Spoiler

It says Jiang Chen asked XiaoXi to take a day off so they spend it going grocery shopping and went to Jiang Chen's house. Apparently, they were suppose to cook alot of food like pork ribs and brocolli because XX asked JC how do you want the porkrib done or how you want the brocolli and he responded just like how he did with the potato preview, "Just cut it and throw it in to cook". 

After dinner, XX asked JC to take her home, but JC responded to just stay for the night because it'll be convenient for him to take her to work the next day. XX needed a pair of sleeping clothes so JC said he can give her his shirt and it'll cover everything because she's short, but she responded that she doesn't have sexy long legs and asked for his shorts. Just like you said, his shorts turns out to be pants for her. He laughed and said he know she is short but he didn't think she's that short. 

Because he teased her, she and him end up wrestling and they had a passionate kiss.  Later, she ran to his room and locked it. I believed she woke up at 3AM because she had a nightmare and JC knocked with milk. After drinking it, she invited him to sleep together with her. 

The scenes after is just like what we saw in EP 23 preview where she wrapped her arms around his chest, except the dialogue wasn't the same. She didn't mention about brushing her teeth. She told JC that she loved him. He told her to sleep and welcomes her to talk to him. She started talking and talking. Suddenly, he told her that she won't be able to talk anymore and she responded to that with "who says you can be polite". 

After that was their bed scene. 

Very cute! Though I don't think the drama will depict everything that was in the novel, probably the same in most scenes but they change up a bit of the content such as why XX and JC broke up. In the novel, JC's father is still alive, but in the drama, he isn't. In the novel, it says JC is from a noble and prestige family, but that wasn't the case in the drama. 

27 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

I read the novel about the section where XiaoXi went to JiangChen's house. 

Reveal hidden contents

It says Jiang Chen asked XiaoXi to take a day off so they spend it going grocery shopping and went to Jiang Chen's house. Apparently, they were suppose to cook alot of food like pork ribs and brocolli because XX asked JC how do you want the porkrib done or how you want the brocolli and he responded just like how he did with the potato preview, "Just cut it and throw it in to cook". 

After dinner, XX asked JC to take her home, but JC responded to just stay for the night because it'll be convenient for him to take her to work the next day. XX needed a pair of sleeping clothes so JC said he can give her his shirt and it'll cover everything because she's short, but she responded that she doesn't have sexy long legs and asked for his shorts. Just like you said, his shorts turns out to be pants for her. He laughed and said he know she is short but he didn't think she's that short. 

Because he teased her, she and him end up wrestling and they had a passionate kiss.  Later, she ran to his room and locked it. I believed she woke up at 3AM because she had a nightmare and JC knocked with milk. After drinking it, she invited him to sleep together with her. 

The scenes after is just like what we saw in EP 23 preview where she wrapped her arms around his chest, except the dialogue wasn't the same. She didn't mention about brushing her teeth. She told JC that she loved him. He told her to sleep and welcomes her to talk to him. She started talking and talking. Suddenly, he told her that she won't be able to talk anymore and she responded to that with "who says you can be polite". 

After that was their bed scene. 

Very cute! Though I don't think the drama will depict everything that was in the novel, probably the same in most scenes but they change up a bit of the content such as why XX and JC broke up. In the novel, JC's father is still alive, but in the drama, he isn't. In the novel, it says JC is from a noble and prestige family, but that wasn't the case in the drama. 

Thanks for ur translations =)   hehe...love it  

My mandarin is very limited so there are bits and pieces that i didnt quite get  lol ^-^

2 hours ago, themarchioness said:

You can find the link to the ebook here (it's not been translated to English): http://www.books.shushengbar.com/?p=3695

Seriously, if he disliked and/or was bad with children, he wouldn't have gone out of his way to sit down next to that crying girl in the hospital.  He'd have just kept going.  But he didn't and instead tried to comfort her. 

But of course JC has to answer that way because he seems incapable of admitting how he really feels out loud, which is that he'll never divorce XX because he loves her and can't be without her.  Oh JC.... :tongue: 

Yeah.i saw in an interview video HU yi Tian also mention JC is a character who is double face ~ heart say yes but mouth say  "no"  

I like it that he expressed his love in words during the last part of the novel  "xiaoxi  wo hen ai ni " . So happy.   That is like the only part where he say out loud in words?

12 minutes ago, valerie86 said:

Thanks for ur translations =)   hehe...love it  

My mandarin is very limited so there are bits and pieces that i didnt quite get  lol ^-^

Yeah.i saw in an interview video HU yi Tian also mention JC is a character who is double face ~ heart say yes but mouth say  "no"  

I like it that he expressed his love in words during the last part of the novel  "xiaoxi  wo hen ai ni " . So happy.   That is like the only part where he say out loud in words?

Yes, but apparently in the novel, she keeps forgetting that he loves her so she constantly asks him why does he like her? He said she is annoying and said, he knows how to cut a chest open, do bypass surgery, change heart values but he does not know why he likes her. He said with her, he has to say it so many times. 

In the drama, we can see through his actions that he loves her though. There was a preview of his narration where he said there's a girl that says she likes him. Although he finds it annoying, there are times when he thinks she cute. 

6 hours ago, valerie86 said:

Thank you there :D. Seems like I am gonna google translate the whole novel hahaha , really curious tho.

35 minutes ago, eungniming said:

Thank you there :D. Seems like I am gonna google translate the whole novel hahaha , really curious tho.

U r welcome

Yes the novel.is a must read.  Novel emphasise on their life after break up.

But the drama more on high school days. Which really put a big smile on my face.  Really sweet , funny and Hu Yi Tian is just super super gorgeous. Very refreshing to watch.  I enjoy the drama soo so much.

here u can see jiang achen towers everyone else.  He make WBS look short =.= 

7 hours ago, RealityDream said:

So it is really Jiang Xiao Ke. I didn't understand even a very slight mandarin, but I actually heard like the narrator said that his name was Jiang Xiao Ke. and for the rest of the narration is still a mystery for me :huh:

BTS. Summarizing the parts they were interviewed,  Hu Yi Tian finds Shen Yue quieter than the char....but slowly as she got into char, she became playful with him too. And Shen Yue at 1st glance find Yi Tian really handsome, on a level where in real life, she won't approach...but after knowing him better....Yi Tian interrrupted "I'm also human, right?"

Poor quality clip....but the 1st part spark my interest....will look forward to their Chic magazine photos. The middle part is a test on their understanding of each other.

2 minutes ago, Cedric Ong said:

BTS. Summarizing the parts they were interviewed,  Hu Yi Tian finds Shen Yue more demure and quiet than the char....but slowly as she got into char, she became playful with him too. And Shen Yue at 1st glance find Yi Tian really handsome, on a level where if in real life, she won't approach...but after knowing him better....Yi Tian interrrupted "I'm also human, right?"

Thanks for the translations. U help a lot  =)  he is  very down to earth  

I also find Hu Yi Tian insanely handsome its crazy  (in real life  there is such a handsome man . Omg omg... I thought only in novel exist) lol.

Archived