[Web Chinese Drama 2017] A Love So Beautiful 致我们单纯的小美好

0ly40

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listening to the radiodrama adaptation now. I've got 2 takeaways:

1. Shen Yue and Hu Yitian's voices really fit their roles way more than the voices of the radiodrama's actors.

2. 赵乾乾 is actually pronounced as Zhao Qianqian and not Zhao Gan Gan like a lot of drama blogs are saying. 

The audiobook is also...( Basically, no one tops Shen Yue and Hu Yitian as Chen Xiaoxi and Jiang Chen.  Hu Yitian's voice is really mesmerising and sexy. He dId a livestream on Lizhi FM for about 45 minutes... sigh.. 

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Xiao Xi might start slamming things around her desk if you do.... (and He Yi Chen might have something to say about it too :tongue: )

I could take down Xiao Xi easily. Hahaha. And i think Yi chen would feel jealous about Jiang chen tutoring me. Hmmm if thats the case then both would compete with each other in order to teach me Mandarin. Who do you think will win?? Mmmmm. And most importantly who would i choose?? Sighhh. #toughdecisions #firstworldproblems #iliveinadeluluworld.

And i'm restraining myself to not watch the raws. The problem is if i watch the raws and seek your help, i'll be pretty much done with it and wont go back when the subs finally come out. That was what happened with Master devil. I still havent watched the subbed eps of it. Also because here i love all the secondary characters as well. I would miss out so many minute details if i just watch the raws. Sighhh. I just wish i started this much later.

The second CP is also quite sweet.Typical nerdy guy + strong will girl.

The male char Lu Yang is acted by Sun Ning  孙宁, 23yo...i thought he look younger than that...he also wore specs in real life. This is his 1st drama...not bad. Before this, he did 2 plays...one being chinese version of History Boys.

https://baike.baidu.com/item/孙宁/22169423

Sidetrack...he reminds me abit of this char in short korean webdrama.

Spoiler

Hi there. I'm a bit late to catch on this drama. Just started ep 1 today. From the trailers it looks promising esp with the blissful ending. What actually draws me in was the still shots of the otp huge height difference. I find it really comical :D.

From hu yi tian's profile he's supposedly 6ft. But i seriously find it hard to believe. I feel like he's about at least 6ft 2. On screen, his towering height just overwhelms everything else. He just drawfs his adorable co-star shen yue. And I'm loving how the writers play out their cute height difference in some scenes esp the hairband scene:wub:

Does anyone know if this height difference is also part of the character traits in the novel?

24 minutes ago, briaes said:

Hi there. I'm a bit late to catch on this drama. Just started ep 1 today. From the trailers it looks promising esp with the blissful ending. What actually draws me in was the still shots of the otp huge height difference. I find it really comical :D.

From hu yi tian's profile he's supposedly 6ft. But i seriously find it hard to believe. I feel like he's about at least 6ft 2. On screen, his towering height just overwhelms everything else. He just drawfs his adorable co-star shen yue. And I'm loving how the writers play out their cute height difference in some scenes esp the hairband scene:wub:

Does anyone know if this height difference is also part of the character traits in the novel?

@briaes Hu Yitian is 188 cm. Jiang Chen's height wasn't specified in the novel and neither was CXX's. But Xiao Xi is short. There's an .. epilogue of sorts where they're having a wedding photoshoot.. and Xiao Xi has to wear super high heels. Jiang Chen, I believe, is definitely not short. As for indications of the character's height in the novel, I'll have to reread.

On 27/11/2017 at 10:30 PM, angelangie said:

well if there is any parts you wishes to know u can link me to it lols....i try to help as far as i can...

well Cantonese is a dialect.... :) Mandarin is a language :) 

Sorry to sidetrack a bit.

Both mandarin n cantonese are languages in their own right as both have written form. Although mandarin n cantonese share similar vocabulary, grammar, lexical n syntactic representations, native speakers of either language cannot comprehend (meaning the use of written, oral n listening skills) the other without formal learning as a second language. In other words, both are mutually unintelligible. An example of a mutually intelligible dialect would be hokkien n teochew (no extra effort needed but can easily understand even if one speak only one variety as hokkien n teochew are closely related). 

As for non tonal language speakers i.e. English speakers, i can understand that it's certainly hard to differentiate between mandarin and cantonese. Mandarin has 4 (+1) tones. Cantonese has 6 (+3) tones. 

Even then, there are linguists who agrue that cantonese, being from a sino tibetan family, is a sinitic branch of the chinese language. By saying chinese here i mean Mandarin. Which I feel is unfair because cantonese trace its roots to the middle Chinese period during the sui, tang n song dynasties. Which also explains why cantonese refer themselves as "people of Tang". As opposed to the universal chinese people being from Han ancestry.  

1 hour ago, zoeraindasher said:

@briaes Hu Yitian is 188 cm. Jiang Chen's height wasn't specified in the novel and neither was CXX's. But Xiao Xi is short. There's an .. epilogue of sorts where they're having a wedding photoshoot.. and Xiao Xi has to wear super high heels. Jiang Chen, I believe, is definitely not short. As for indications of the character's height in the novel, I'll have to reread.

@zoeraindasher

Thanks so much for confirming my suspicions that hu yitian is 6ft 2 (188cm). His height rocks. Lol

10 hours ago, zoeraindasher said:

New preview of their first date is out on YouTube !

Ahahaha, can they be any cuter? Seriously! I swear.. I'm gonna get diabetes cause of this drama...

If diabetes is the price we pay for this, so be it!  I never want to get better.  :lol:  Thanks for sharing the new preview.  I took a break from work to translate it (shhhh: don't tell anyone!):

XX: Does this count as a date?

JC: What else would it be?  Eating together? 

XX: You always talk like that.  It makes me feel like you're not being sincere.

JC: Then how should I talk?  Should I call you baby?

XX: Can you?!

JC: No.

XX: *pouts*

JC: Do you have any plans for tonight?

XX: No.

JC: Then spend time with me tonight.

XX: *spits out food & then cries* Jiang Chen, let's break up.  I'll never tie you up again.  Let's break up.

JC: *walks over to her side of the table to comfort her* It's okay.  I didn't see anything.  Actually, I just wanted you to spend time studying with me tonight.  Tomorrow, I'm taking the pathology test [direct translation, but I'm assuming it's a test for college/grad school given that we know he becomes a doctor].  It's an especially hard test.  It's known as _____ [I don't recognize the phrase he used there, so can't translate that bit.  Sorry!}  So what were you thinking of earlier?

Yes, XX, what were you thinking of?!  :wink: 

Ahhh, just finished watching episode 14 (which, btw, I'll mention is subbed in case people have been waiting and aren't aware it was released yesterday).  Reaction:

I almost wish I didn't already love Lu Yang just so I could love him all over again.  He was really at his best in this episode, and it's nice to finally see a relationship shift in the second couple.

But the moment that had me SQUEEING ALL OVER THE PLACE was the BUS SCENE.  Why so cute, JC/XX, why so cute?! 

2 hours ago, jiramsa said:

The drama is so cute and sweet i'm gonna die. Make me curious about the novel. Can you guys tell me how to find the english one?

I don't think the novel's been translated into English.

Just finished watching Episode 15 and all's I've got to say is, it's interesting how quickly the tables turn!  A certain someone is even more jealous than they normally are.  :lol:

Archived