Original Novel: Suddenly This Summer by Ming Qian Yu Hou
Airdate date: Apr 19, 2018 - Jun 7, 2018

Year of Production: 2017
Production Company: Perfect World Pictures
Producer: Li Zheng
Director: Lü Ying
Screenwriter: Zhao Xia Ying, Ma Yu

Plot:

He Luo is a quiet and smart model student who excels in English and dreams of becoming a diplomat. Besides, she has a special hobby: She loves to fantasize and integrates the people and situations around her into manhua plots. This summer, when He Luo goes to a tennis competition and sees the team leader Zhang Yuan, she falls head over heels for this beautiful and proud guy. Fate is on He Luo’s side as they happen to meet again in English evening classes and confront each other during the school’s debating competition. The two become friends, but in He Luo’s imagination, he’s the main lead in her manhua. When He Luo’s friends find their own love, He Luo and Zhang Yuan finally open up about their true feelings. They agree to apply for the same university, however, Zhang Yuan fails to get in. From being in two different classes in the same school, they end up going to different universities in two different cities, and later even different countries, each making their own experiences while growing up. What will become of these two in the end?

Cast:

Bai White

Bu Guan Jin

source: mydramalist

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

second Bai yu in Suddenly this Summer. He started of cute and ended up HOT without the facial hair ( I think I prefer him without, although in Guardian he was spot on for his character). Don't shoot me but I sometimes thought in Guardian he played ZYL a bit cartoonish , but in STS boy can he act (the crying scene in particular stole my heart). 

Although I liked Suddenly this Summer there were also lots of things that frustrated me. When I've got it detangled in my head I will try to articulate it down here sometime.:crazy:

Archived