Lin Geng Xin (LGX) 林更新 Official Thread

gentlelily12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/8/2017 at 9:19 AM, ikigai said:

Kyaaaaa.... how can a man be this handsome wearing simple outfit like this? Like I said before he looks best in white, I'm totally smitten. ☆ ~('▽^人)

@gentlelily12

His reaction to fans teasing is so adorable in that clip hahaha He comes across as a gentle and easy-going person. 

@matchamacchiato

Hi, welcome! So great to have more people here! Thank you for the extra tidbits on his movie roles. I've only watched 3 of them so far and my ranking for now are:

1. Sun Wukong- I cannot stop laughing whenever he's on screen especially when the monk sing and he auto-dance to it. He injected a dash of charm into this misunderstood character. I hope he'll return again in the same role, I'll watch it in the cinema 

2. Hsieh Shaofeng- ok, this character is almost similar to YWY in term of repressed feelings except he dressed like a begger 95% of the movie. BUT in this movie I finally see how good he is in fighting. It's like the wuxia and xianxia novels come life especially the last sword fight. Fluid, graceful and dignified. 

3. Commander Chen- I only have one question: What happened to him in the end? I was watching the movie on my tiny tablet and suddenly I cannot spot him anymore  (•_• )?

I'm saving Detective Dee for last so not too much gap when the new movie screen in cinemas next year.

@yueyyo

His response to the fan proves Mark Chao's comment in a past magazine interview that LGX is a narcissist kkk If he gets better looking every year, his 900million girls' dream might come true ☆⌒(≧▽° )

tbh I think LGX looks great in Scarlet Heart especially with the ridiculous Qing Dynasty hairstyle. He has a nice head...

1. I also hope he will reprise the role if they'll ever make a sequel. 

2. Actually, what I like most about Sword Master is that it gives off a dreamy, unrealistic ambience of a Gu Long's novel, featuring at the scene when he was on the boat with the courtesan. I also love the last sword fight. It's so beautiful.

3. His character died an unnecessary death when they got to the palace. I think what worths most he gained by starring in this movie is that he got a chance to work with a professional film crew of famous actors and Director Zhang Yi Mou.  

@The_Joker welcome to the thread! I miss your insightful comments at PA's official thread. Glad to see you here. Anyway, I find your notice about LGX and Stephen Chow very interesting.

1 hour ago, yueyyo said:

Is the girl next to him in the first two pics the one from Go Princess Go that @cheeriekwan mentioned in a previous post?  Poor guy doesn't know what to do with his hands without a phone but he looks good anyway.

Yes she is Crystal Zhang. Apparently LGX didnt attend the interview session after the event. She was left alone with the reporters. 

I am not sure if anybody seen this? I was impressed with his great acting and able to show real emotions within minutes without any script or lines that really surpass all expectation. I could see even the senior actors are impressed. 

During the show, LGX is given a test to act out the emotions of a person whose lover passed away in the hospital.  

11 minutes ago, missann said:

I am not sure if anybody seen this? I was impressed with his great acting and able to show real emotions within minutes without any script or lines that really surpass all expectation. I could see even the senior actors are impressed. 

During the show, LGX is given a test to act out the emotions of a person whose lover passed away in the hospital.  

yeah he is a good actor 

1 hour ago, Melda Hung said:

Before watching Great Wall, I was looking forward to see Huang Xuan. When I watched the movie, other than the heroes, out of the few generals, the one that stood out is LGX. I didnt know him back then, so I always refer him as the general in red army with arrows :)

5 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Before watching Great Wall, I was looking forward to see Huang Xuan. When I watched the movie, other than the heroes, out of the few generals, the one that stood out is LGX. I didnt know him back then, so I always refer him as the general in red army with arrows :)

wow so nice ... actually i go to cinema to watch andy lau hahah .. i already know LGX since Zhao Yun hahahah 

@The_Joker, I am agree with you regarding the water runs deep in his character.....Based upon my observation on how the way he handle a bad rumor I would like to say The 2nd Wang Scandal is a vessel to diverts the unwanted attentions from The 1st Wang Scandal....He has pulls this kind of stunts few times before....Even though The 1st Wang Scandal is a very unwise move on his part, I really applauded him in how the way he did the damage control thru The 2nd Wang Scandal....  everybody made mistakes but how they handle the mistakes shows the depth of the persons....

On the side note after staring of those pics in Men's Uno event, how the way he got such a nice skin after all of those drinking smoking gaming??? I am jealous.....

Add. One of my favorite video of LGX and HG, they talk about their first job, family, life goals and their opinions about love........Dancing song by Ricky Nelson, Lucky Star

27 minutes ago, cheeriekwan said:

Sorry for asking silly question here but i really can't figure out how to attach a photo from my pc or phone. It only allows me to insert thru an url or existing media. :cry:

I don't know how to do it myself but I remember someone said you can do it through what you mention in your post or you have to upload it to something like Photobucket first then do it with that. I don't know if this is of any help.

Archived