[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

On 7/5/2020 at 1:40 PM, Lynne said:

@chsaf IKR???

actually sometimes I want to say.. "what is sub for a c drama watcher" because we already share a common language... that is "Go cry!!!" that's all we need to understand haha...

The drama made me feel like I experienced the heartbreak. It's like I can't live anymore. Sigh what happened to me. :cries:

Great acting from the whole cast and an engaging story despite heavy political issues and some gaps here and there.

Edit: I will be torturing myself yet again, I just paid for VPN hahaha and started watching Ep 1 on viki. Seeing LCY in the water already making my eyes teary omg! Thank you Director's cut! :yaaa:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, chsaf said:

Too bad it's restricted in my region. I badly want to see the uncut version. 

The 55 Episode Director's Cut version is now also available at MZTV Exclusive Chinese Drama YouTube Channel with English subtitles. 

Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpghCOjR4Qqqnyhqdk6xti-qcnUGn8DY_

They are currently in the process of uploading the episodes. So far, they have Ep. 1-43 available and are uploading new episodes each week. 

I do not know what regions the YouTube is  liscensed, but you can try it. Good Luck!

EDIT: I see you are using VPN. I am glad you found a solution. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 months later...

I stumbled on "Goodbye My Princess" last week and literally dropped my entire life just so I could finish this beautiful drama. My eyes are still swollen from crying but my heart felt so full and in love with LCY and XF charater's and love story.  I just simply cannot move on.  This is one of THE BEST dramas I have seen in decades.  

I am slowly going through the 66 pages of this forum but getting a bit impatient.  WONDERING on a few details that I never got the answers from the drama.  Please help this new die-hard fan here.

1. In Episode 10, I remember GXW said that the wolf-tooth necklace that XF gave him helped him killed the King Wolf.  But after rewatching, I never recalled her giving it to him before that.  Did I miss it??  Was the scene completely got cut out?
    • I know that during the first fall, he grabbed it when they both fell into the River of Oblivion together and hence he had it in the Palace.
  2. In Episode 5, when the first met, he wrote her a note on the white cloth.  XF could only read 3 words "..meet in 3 days..."   Did the novel or drama explain what else he wrote in that cloth?
  3. Image just for attention and remind me why I love this couple so much! 
  4. 9d290c4a1a37620688819510806efdcf.jpg
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

On 12/2/2020 at 1:10 AM, NiteLite said:

I stumbled on "Goodbye My Princess" last week and literally dropped my entire life just so I could finish this beautiful drama. My eyes are still swollen from crying but my heart felt so full and in love with LCY and XF charater's and love story.  I just simply cannot move on.  This is one of THE BEST dramas I have seen in decades.  

I am slowly going through the 66 pages of this forum but getting a bit impatient.  WONDERING on a few details that I never got the answers from the drama.  Please help this new die-hard fan here.

1. In Episode 10, I remember GXW said that the wolf-tooth necklace that XF gave him helped him killed the King Wolf.  But after rewatching, I never recalled her giving it to him before that.  Did I miss it??  Was the scene completely got cut out?
    • I know that during the first fall, he grabbed it when they both fell into the River of Oblivion together and hence he had it in the Palace.
  2. In Episode 5, when the first met, he wrote her a note on the white cloth.  XF could only read 3 words "..meet in 3 days..."   Did the novel or drama explain what else he wrote in that cloth?
  3. Image just for attention and remind me why I love this couple so much! 

OMGawdd...yes, this drama!

Broke my heart and I'd thought of dropping it but it was so unfair and compelling so I totally watched the entire thing.

The heartbreak is real...I felt so bad for the princess and the prince. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@NiteLite Welcome to the party! :blush:

This drama is epic and caused a lot of discussion and praise back when it was airing. Heaps of fans (myself included) gathered in here to discuss, praise and interpret. I could not get enough and CXX quickly rose the ranks to be one of THE break out stars of 2019 and quickly into my heart as one of the actors to look forward to along with PXR.

I’m glad you took the time to watch this delight. While painfully heartbreaking, this drama really is one of the best I’ve watched and the soundtrack is probably at the top of my list of fav drama soundtracks.

I would need to rewatch the episodes to answer your questions so sorry I’m not very helpful there but very glad you enjoyed this wonderful drama!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫
  • 1 month later...

Replaying the soundtrack again. I still haven’t found a drama since this one with main songs that I loved so much. 

I can’t believe it’s been 2 years now since this wonderful drama aired. Is there really no chance of a part 2?? Maybe a modern day version of their love story in their next life. Pretty please :bawling:

• Like 2

Hello, I just finished Goodbye, my Princess and I don't think I could move on from this drama for quite a long time. (T-T

I love the main leads so much, they have so much chemistry that even without the romanic scenes, seeing them together is already good enough. Usually with dramas, I sometimes end up liking the second leads but with this one, I was totally invested with the main couple! This is mostly likely the reason why the last episodes broke my heart. Seeing their love story rise and fall, then rise and then fall again really is painful to see. Two destined lovers but loved at the wrong time... it makes me so sad to think about it  :'((  If only they weren't born royalty or at least there wasn't the pain of betrayal and deception between them, I'm sure they would have been very happy. :'(

All the characters here are quite flawed (especially LCY and XF, in a way) but that is one of the reasons why I love it so! (but it won't stop me from throwing my hands up when misunderstandings occur when it could have been entirely avoided if they would just COMMUNICATE AAAA!)

The extra episodes was very nice to see. I'd like to think that this was the 3rd lifetime that monk was talking about back in the earlier episodes :'))

Also, I heard that there is a Director's Cut of this drama? If so, I think I'm going to rewatch this again after a few days of bandaging my heart because I'm a masochist and love to inflict emotional pain in my heart (TvT Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

• Love 1

• 2 years later...

Gosh just watched this drama … I know it is Soo many years after it aired but just wanted to say the truth is over rated. Why did GJ try so hard to revive XF memories? and keep trying to bring her back to Xizhou! And deceiving her that he was GXW!! (Rhetorical questions!) Annoying man. Seriously if he left her alone she would have eventually been happy- she has fallen in love again with LCY and he with her. Would have both eventually realise that, worked out the ZSS complications, and use that mutual love and understanding as a basis to start a new life, allowing them to leave past behind…. wasn’t that the purpose of jumping into the river … to forget … and allow yourself some form of redemption 

• Like 1