[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

3 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

Hide contents

but Chinese Ghost Story he'll not end up together with LF too:lol: (bcos she's ghost and will be reincarnated)but it's movie,looks like we'll see him on screen soon,he have 2 upcoming movie.

Btw Gallen Lo(emperor char)playing Yang Kang char in The Legend Of Condor Heroes 1994,when I first time watch GMP ep 1 (2 Yang Kang bcome father and son:heart:)love their chemistry too.

You're right. I just read the movie plot in wiki and it seem he won't be with his female lead either in the end:tears:

So it mean I'm supposed to cry again?

Chen Xing Xu, why do you like to acts in project that have your characters fate like that? Are you a sadist LOL:sweatingbullets: 

I also read that he will be a villain for his another movie. Just hope if his character has any lover in that movie, she won't commit suicide huhu

• LOL 2

Andze: yang kang is villaib but his son yang guo is a hero.. Hahahaha i watch trilogy heroes when barbara yung is huang rong, felix wong is guo jing. 

Return condor heroes is played by andy lau as yang gua (yang kang and mu nian ci son) and idy lau as xiao lung ni..

Heaven sabre played by tony leung... Wakakaka.. Olden time..

This is my 2nd time watch condor heroes.. Lol..

• Like 2

Final review by dramapanda

Goodbye My Princess Ends with Emotionally Charged Finale

006PWYULly1g1h4fr5iiij31jk0v9kjl.jpg

Goodbye My Princess 東宮 has ended and contrary to previous speculations that it might have two endings, the drama only had one and I have to say that it might have left more than a few viewers in tears. Were they happy tears or sad tears? Before I go on, spoiler alert!

006PWYULly1g1h4g4dsgdj33a81uikjn.jpg

Before the final episode, Xiao Feng, played by Peng Xiaoran, already jumped off the city gates triggering the return of Li Chengyin's memories, played by Chen Xingxu. He coughs out a mouthful of blood from shock, faints and wakes up to the news that they are at war. 

What really got to me were the show's final moments in the desert when Xiao Feng puts herself between the two armies, her brother on one side and her lover on the otherShe pleads with the two of them for peace and calls Li Chengyin by the name Gu Xiaowu, finally admitting to him that he was the one and only man that she ever loved. 

With a sword held to her neck, she asks Li Chengyin to promise her to fulfill her two remaining wishes.  One was that Li Chengyin's army would never set foot in Xizhou.  He agrees while begging Xiao Feng to put the sword down. He says that if she were to die, he would die with her. She smiles and says that her second wish is for Li Chengyin to live well and having said that, she slits her own throat. Her death scene was a bit overly dramatic with blood spraying everywhere but somewhat forgivable as it certainly had emotions running high throughout the scene
006PWYULly1g1fylh5v5xj30qe0eutj1.jpg
Chen Xingxu's portrayal was very, very convincing as he yelled in despair, wept and cried over her dead body while calling out her name. Someone was definitely cutting onions beside me as it was extremely hard not to cry along. 

After all the foul things Li Chengyin did to Xiao Feng, he still loved her dearly and it shines through at this particular moment.  Seeing him suffer as he did almost made me want to forgive the guy for all the stuff he put her through. Chen Xingxu even lost his voice when he filmed this as he had to constantly shout for Xiao Feng and cry a lot. The actor shared that he really almost fainted for a moment as he could no longer breathe. He also had help from the crew and Peng Xiaoran to snap him out of character.  

006PWYULly1g1fgwpurl1j31og2ionpi.jpg

Li Chengyin eventually becomes emperor, does not have any children and leads a lonely existence, perhaps as a way to atone for his mistakes. In the last scene, we see an old Li Chengyin, free from his royal obligations and realizing too late that what he what he had wanted all along was Xiao Feng.  Now that she's gone, he traverses the desert alone, ready to be with her again.  

Finale+Goodbye+My+Princess+2.png

Finale+Goodbye+My+Princess+1.png

Goodbye My Princess is probably one of the best tragic dramas out there right now and despite the hiccups, it did not disappoint and certainly satisfied fans who wanted a bad ending. Chen Xingxu and Peng Xiaoran worked really well together.  Extra points for Chen Xingxu as you can really tell he didn't just played Li Chengyin, at least for me, he WAS Li Chengyin.  What did you guys think? Did the ending meet your expectations? 

006PWYULly1g1h3cbfg4jj31jk0v9e81.jpg

Cr:http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/03/goodbye-my-princess-ends-with.html?showComment=1553831969664&m=1#c7830470162729691653

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Bts

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4355149449754794

@tamachon Love makes me blind :lol: my focus only for LCY so I can't see that shovel LOL

@dashmount20 me too:lol:

Spoiler

I watched that trilogy but for legend condor heroes I watched chilam version,but I like yang kang char more(told you I love bad guy:lol:) and his son the one paid his debt.

@Andzek

Spoiler

but he's not bad there,he's good scholar, bcos ghost and human can't be together :lol:

but he always lucky to get such char,.Yang Kang and LCY such complicated char,and I think CXX get a good grades for that role,so many talented actor in China.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 3/27/2019 at 8:37 AM, dashmount20 said:

CXX Upcoming series 

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Love_in_a_Fallen_City_(2019)

I think small role..but I dun mind to see it.. cos I also like his acting.. 

I checked baidu in Chinese for this drama and I cannot find CXX's name attached to any characters. May be he is just a cameo with a scene or two only. This "love in a fallen city" is produced by same company as GBMP and a lot of suporting actors like Pei Jao, Xunde Wang (second crown prince, Taiwan actor Kingkong Wang), min yue, Yong niang, General Gao from GBMP are in there. FBB owns many shares in this new talent production company and it is also production company behind her currently shelved "wind the world" drama where PXR has a role.  

CXX's Chinese ghost story film is remade of 1987 version and in ancient chinese setting. They only took 25 days to film and I hope it won't look bad. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

Andze: yang kang is villaib but his son yang guo is a hero.. Hahahaha i watch trilogy heroes when barbara yung is huang rong, felix wong is guo jing. 

Return condor heroes is played by andy lau as yang gua (yang kang and mu nian ci son) and idy lau as xiao lung ni..

Heaven sabre played by tony leung... Wakakaka.. Olden time..

This is my 2nd time watch condor heroes.. Lol..

I read it on wiki & mydramalist that this Condor drama actually has become adaptation to drama for many times. There are also prequel, sequel & side story? Wow it must be a beloved classic for Chinese peoples because it has so many adaptations!

TLOTCH 2017 is the first & only drama about Condor I'm watching & it all is because Chen Xing Xu hahaa. As a hopelessly romantic person, I prefer romantic & sweet dramas like Ashes of Love, Legend of Yunxi, Oh My Emperor, Cinderella Chef, Go Princess Go, Ballad of the Dessert & Eternal Love. 

4 hours ago, Erafera1 said:

Hide contents

but he's not bad there,he's good scholar, bcos ghost and human can't be together :lol:

but he always lucky to get such char,.Yang Kang and LCY such complicated char,and I think CXX get a good grades for that role,so,many talented actor in China.

No, I don't mean his character in Chinese Ghost Story LOL. I mean his other character in the rumor of the period drama with Ethuan Ruan? The plot involving battle of Shanghai in 1937 or something. I read a comment that he will be a villain there. That era is already harsh time for ordinary people & if he's a villain, well we could kind of guess what his fate will be at the end huhu. 

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Goodbye My Princess is probably one of the best tragic dramas out there right now and despite the hiccups, it did not disappoint and certainly satisfied fans who wanted a bad ending. Chen Xingxu and Peng Xiaoran worked really well together.  Extra points for Chen Xingxu as you can really tell he didn't just played Li Chengyin, at least for me, he WAS Li Chengyin.  What did you guys think? Did the ending meet your expectations?

I agree with the highlighted word. To be honest, when the first time I see Chen Xing Xu as Li Cheng Yin in this drama, I don't think he's an actor with a handsome face. Not bad but not "wow, handsome!" at the first look either. But as I watching this drama, his charismatic performance as LCY made me slowly attracted to him & that what make him looks handsome to me. There are actors out there that have handsome face at the first look but when they act, they're so bad that I can't feel their characters & it kind ruined the dramas for me. This drama has it flaws, but I love how CXX embodied his LCY character in the drama. I could feel his struggles as a crown prince who had to handle all the scheming & politics in the palace and I also could feel his struggles, despair as a normal man & husband who want to express his love to Xiao Feng in his own way. LCY is not a typical swoony male character. He is a complicated, multilayer character and CXX really played LCY character to a T. He make me want to slap him with his actions but then I also want to kiss him coz I can emphatize him. His character make me want to slap him with a kiss LOL *bipolar alert*

The sky is clear, a good scenery, 

But if you're not beside me,

so what even be able to ascend into heaven...

And of course, this drama won't be successfully known as a heartbreakingly romantic love story without the great performance of Peng Xiao Ran as our beloved crown princess, Qu Xiao Feng. Not only PXR looks like someone who just jumps straight from the manga/manhwa with how gorgeous she looks in her cultural outfit as the 9th princess & the crown princess, she's also managed to potrayed XF flawlessly. Her XF is lively, sweet, lovely & cute without being overacting. I can understand & feel her as she slowly & hopelessly falls for LCY twice & still loves him despite it all the heartbreak & despair she get when she regaining her memories back. 

Who made my sun fell down?

It's your appearance,

Took away my lights...

Most importantly, CXX & PXR are so great together & their chemistry as LCY & QXF are so intense despite their little interactions in the drama. *glare to the editor who geniusly decided to cut out their scenes together from the viewer*

In all, I think Chen Xing Xu & Peng Xiao Ran give they all for their roles in Goodbye My Princess & I can't think anyone else as Li Cheng Yin & Qu Xiao Feng other than them. Their performances are the reason that make me feel this drama is perfect despite its imperfection.

I want to dive into the sea of memories, 

Searching for your appearance, 

Only you are my heaven...

All pic credit to the owner

I will keep my eyes on their next projects and I really hope they will get reunite again in a romantic drama with a good script & HAPPY ENDING. Pleaseee!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Rewatching my favourite scenes again while I wait for all of the subbed episodes to come out. I should probably stop torturing myself because I also find myself replaying the heartbreaking moments too lol there is just something so addictive about this drama (probably the amazing chemistry between our leads) that has made me so obsessed lol normally after I watch a drama which has quiet a few sad parts, I just avoid all of the sad scenes and only watch the happy scenes to make up for it but I can't help rewatching everything!

I'm not sure if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me either but I noticed in ep 45 when Xiaofeng is hiding in her room and peeking out at Li Chengyin, that her breathing becomes faster/deeper than usual when she first lays eyes on him during the part where the camera zooms closer to her. It's as though her heart is telling her she really does love him. I also liked seeing the reversal and the longing for him in her eyes because it's normally him who stares at her with these loving eyes that are always longing for her. 

Nice review from dramapanda too. She worded it perfectly by saying Chen Xing Xu became Li Cheng Yin because he really did and it's not very often we see an actor or actress do what he just done. He really did an astonishing job and I cannot wait to see what role he takes on next. Peng Xiaoran was also magnificent, she made a character who could have easily become quiet annoying and overbearing, into this sweet, genuine, endearing and loveable person.

Off topic but it's funny how addicted I get to epic romance dramas. Prince of Lan Ling, Three Lives, Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms and Ashes of Love are my other favourite Chinese dramas alongside this gem and they all have that epicness to them. They also have the most epic chemistry between the leads. This is the most heartbreaking one out of the four in my opinion though (probably because we didn't get as many sweet scenes as we deserved) but I also don't recall being as obsessed with the other ones as this one lol what has this drama done to me!? :joy:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, J13 said:

what has this drama done to me!? :joy:

I couldn’t agree more. What has this drama done to me, too??? I can’t move on & I keep coming back to them especially I keep coming back to CXX :joy: & I agree that when CXX played the role of LCY, he was LCY. I can’t imagine other actors as him. Please director nim. If you are about to make a movie version of this drama, let CXX & PXR play the same roles :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, therewillbeddl said:

I just hope CXX won’t be typecasted as a villain. The role of LCY should convince studios to offer him lead roles in the future, preferably complex ones with moral ambiguity like LCY since he does them best. 

I never really saw him as a villain...just seriously out for revenge and then caught in the tidal wave of palace intrigues; he could never really stop what he did because he had to protect XF. This is definitely another version of noble idiocy...and a lethal version it is. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, ElleSor said:

I never really saw him as a villain...just seriously out for revenge and then caught in the tidal wave of palace intrigues; he could never really stop what he did because he had to protect XF. This is definitely another version of noble idiocy...and a lethal version it is. 

I don’t see LCY as a villain either, I just meant considering that he played a villain in a previous drama and again in his upcoming drama, I hope he won’t accept more villain roles in the future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Totally agree. He wasn’t a bad guy. It’s just that his heart has been consumed with revenge to the core, he couldn’t stop. Also, he always had a quarrel with XF, pretending he didn’t side with her, actually it was to protect her from the queen, because the queen always tried to get rid off whoever LCY loved so she could have a full control of him. I always feel sorry for him as he was actually very lonely & maybe that’s also why XF couldn’t hate him ‘till the end.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

12 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

I checked baidu in Chinese for this drama and I cannot find CXX's name attached to any characters. May be he is just a cameo with a scene or two only. This "love in a fallen city" is produced by same company as GBMP and a lot of suporting actors like Pei Jao, Xunde Wang (second crown prince, Taiwan actor Kingkong Wang), min yue, Yong niang, General Gao from GBMP are in there. FBB owns many shares in this new talent production company and it is also production company behind her currently shelved "wind the world" drama where PXR has a role.  

CXX's Chinese ghost story film is remade of 1987 version and in ancient chinese setting. They only took 25 days to film and I hope it won't look bad. 

You mean the writers & pd for Love In a Fallen City are the same as Goodbye My Princess?

I don't know what the drama is about but I'm gona check it for Chen Xing Xu LOL

But if the plot is bad, at least I'm gonna see some beautiful outfit?

Talking about gorgeous outfit in republic era remind me of the outfit of the main couple in Siege In Fog drama which was also an adaptation from Fei Wo Si Cun's novel who is the same author of the Goodbye My Princess which unsurprisingly, also has a sad ending:P 

Okay maybe you guys had already seen all these but I want to post it again to comfort our heart. Hope these can make you guys smile:kiss_wink::blush:

Our beloved crown prince & crown princess bts pics:

Collection of Chen Xing Xu & Peng Xiao Ran being adorable together:

Pictures:

Spoiler

Videos:

My favourite part of this interview is when Peng Xiao Ran straight up making silly faces when Chen Xing Xu compliments her as beautiful, pure & cute at 4:06.

It always make my day LOL.

Even Chen Xing Xu can't hold his laughter at her reaction.

She seem like a sassy lady in a cute way. I'm having a girl crush towards her:love: 

Some of videos translations:

Spoiler

All pics & videos credit to these ig:

@dramaschinos,

@a.c.fp,

@vic_jujulu,

@goodbyemyprincess_cdrama,

@myfavdramas

@_minimei.

CXX & PXR are so cute & have so much chemistry together.

Another drama with happy ending for them please!

And don't forget to give them a lot of sweet scenes full of hugs & kisses too:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, therewillbeddl said:

I just hope CXX won’t be typecasted as a villain. The role of LCY should convince studios to offer him lead roles in the future, preferably complex ones with moral ambiguity like LCY since he does them best. 

He was definitely not a villain in my eyes but I wouldn't be surprised if CXX chose a more complex character again in future cos he's just too good. He kind of reminds me of Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp and Heath Ledger in that they don't just take on any roles just for the money, they actually enjoy the challenge of a complex role and become the character in itself. 

I would be happy to see him in any role even if it were the typical rich arrogant guy in a modern day drama. He will pull off any character and make it his own. I myself would be very happy if he played another bad boy/arrogant kind of character who only has eyes for his main lady but of course, I expect much more sweet scenes this time haha

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I read on several articles that China has lifted the ban on periodic dramas. There is hope that GMP will release the full version (without all the messy editing) and that CXX and PXR has been called to film an epilogue. I'm just not sure if these are just baseless rumours or real, anyone has any idea? 

Yes, I'm with all of you. What has this drama done to me???!!! I eat, sleep, s*** and breathe in this drama... 

Found a hilarious parody of the jump into the river of oblivion, happy weekend all!!

https://m.weibo.cn/s/video/index?object_id=1034:4347736049272813&segment_id=&blog_mid=4347736067018284

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

I read on several articles that China has lifted the ban on periodic dramas. There is hope that GMP will release the full version (without all the messy editing) and that CXX and PXR has been called to film an epilogue. I'm just not sure if these are just baseless rumours or real, anyone has any idea? 

Yes, I'm with all of you. What has this drama done to me???!!! I eat, sleep, s*** and breathe in this drama... 

Found a hilarious parody of the jump into the river of oblivion, happy weekend all!!

https://m.weibo.cn/s/video/index?object_id=1034:4347736049272813&segment_id=&blog_mid=4347736067018284

Everyone has to watch the parody!  I'm still laughing.  Made my day.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

The red plastic bag on her head LOLOL. 

Goodbye My Princess ost, Love Catastrophe always make my heart feel like been squeezed until suffocating whenever I hear it. Although other version is good as well, I love hearing the male version of it.

The voice & the lyric give me impression of Li Cheng Yin confessing his true feelings to Xiao Feng through this song. Ughh my heart:bawling:

• Like 4

@Andzek

CXX is only a cameo/ guest starring (客串) for upcoming Republican drama “Love in a fallen city.” So, I don’t think he will have that many scenes. CXX’s role is the brother of the main lead Ethan Ryan. “Zhejiang New talent” production company is the one that produces all three dramas GBMP, LinFC, wind the world. The two dramas don’t have same writers or directors. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

@Andzek

CXX is only a cameo/ guest starring (客串) for upcoming Republican drama “Love in a fallen city.” So, I don’t think he will have that many scenes. CXX’s role is the brother of the main lead Ethan Ryan. “New talent” production company is the one that produces all three dramas GBMP, LinFC, wind the world. The two dramas don’t have same writers or directors. 

Ok thank you for your explanation. If he is only a cameo, I'm gonna watch his part then.

Peng Xiao Ran also gonna acts as a supporting role as Ba Qi Fu in the drama Win The World with Fan Bing Bing as the lead. Are they gonna be sibling/relative in the drama? Somehow I kinda think their faces have some resemblance.

Studio+Fan+Bing+Bing+3.jpg

Although I want PXR & CXX to act as main lead in their next projects, it not bad to gain experience through supporting roles. Especially if you get to work with veteran actor & actress. All the best to their future! Fighting!

• Like 2