[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

4 hours ago, tamachon said:

Xiao Feng's sword scene at the end with english subs.

Thank you for the sub.

LCY said he will die with her if she dies. Too bad she made him promise to live on. 

Also, I have to to agree with everyone if they just gave us a little more of cute scenes of the main couple then I would feel more satisfied with the ending. I feeling like the romance was on a shallow level when they were at the palace and don’t feel too sad abt XF death as much. It’s not the actors fault but the editing department.

But, all in all they did really well bez they had great chemistry and great acting. Just would like to had more time with the main leads. I will start looking out for CXX dramas now on. Haha

See everyone in the drama. :-)

• Like 8

I'm looking forward for the english subs to come out. 

I already know the ending but I feel sad for the two of them.

Really, star crossed lovers who were destined to meet but not fated for each other.

I would also like to be like the rest of you, I will believe that they will  have a third life where they will be happy.

Maybe then they will fulfill their heart's desire.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, hell59 said:

I completely agree with everything you said. Also, CXX does have lovely hands and even though he is not super handsome, he is an amazing, charismatic actor. I became his fan!

I thought I was the only one who noticed his hands bez I was saying to myself dang his hands are nicer than mine. Lol

At first look he may not be as handsome as other male actors but how he protrayed his character was really good which is why u find him amazing. He also did really well as YH in the Legend of the condor hero drama with his excellent acting which I noticed him there as well. 

I have seen really handsome actors that can’t pull off some scenes that CXX can with emotion just with his eyes or smile. I think he will have great potential in this industry. 

Again, such pretty hands. :lol::lol:

• Like 9

Hopefully, those who don't like LCY/GWX do not because of that affect the way you evaluate with CXX. This is his first lead role, the role he has devoted so much to show a difficult and complicated character like LCY. After wrap up filming, he cried for over 40 minutes because he felt sad after more than half a year of filming together. Even then he was sick and it was difficult to escape the role.Thanks to his outstanding performance like this, he was able to become more popular. But his goal is not popularity, he wants people to judge him by his own strength, being recognized as a true actor, like what he said when interviewing. That is just the first step of CXX on the way of acting career. Hope everyone will look forward to his next work.

• Like 14

Finally done watching the ending .. i cried .. Thanks to PXR and CXX for making me cry...

Even though the ending is not what i want .. (i want LCY to live alone in a miserable life) but the ending ends it well.. I am disappointed with Ah Do's death. I thought she died as a shield to protect XF from failing... again, they change it... 

The part where she ask him whether he still remember the 3 wishes that he needs to fulfill, 1. Asking for 100 fireflies, 2. Chongyuan unable to step in Xiyuan  3. Promise me, you got to live well ... i bust in tears.. gosh..  

I will rewatch this series again... b'cos it is worth to watch it. 

it is my first time watching CXX's drama, he is such a good actor that able to seduce me. He makes me hate him so much till i fall for him that much as well.. hahahahahha.. not bad huh? 

PS: Anyone has his weibo id?

As for PXR, my first time watching her drama as well... she is so adorable where her eyes able to tells us how much she loves and hate LCY.. i like her bubble character as she is soo cute.. 

PS: Anyone has her weibo id?

Hope to see more dramas from both of them. 

Edited by visiopeia
  • Like 7

Some filming bts pics

9SyBsRi.jpg

Originally it was 40 episodes but added 12 episodes thereafter.  But I did not feel anything unfit added in those extra episodes coz such was the acting of the two leads which made me immerse into the drama.  Only thing which made me sad was that they cut the sweet scenes between the OTP.

Oi1Sz6K.jpg

OCeXNvi.jpg

Er5Mmo0.jpg

zJ7rd8o.jpg

aQujoVm.jpg

eQajLNK.jpg

I liked Yong niang very much.  How understanding was she with XF from the beginning.  From the time she was playful to the lady who was traumatised by the crown prince.  In EP.49, she saw how LCY treated her to drink the medicine.  In fact the camera panned her expression when she saw LCY.  Wow!!! Excellent and how she helped XF and Adu to escape by giving them the gold.  Wow!!!:kiss_wink:

9M6byEV.jpg

YZ1Idch.jpg

Cr:weibo

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Pangiaxiong said:

@tomo74

My dear isnt that assuming much? I don't think every celebrities are like that, just because some are its not fair to say he will be, so we can't be so judgmental of what will be in the future. 

I'm sorry if I sounded judgmental, but I'm not, I see some celebrity got attacked by his/her fans, it's very common around popular celebrity, so they start hiring the bodyguards to protect them, and they're still friendly (like waving hands, say thank you, etc) but not too friendly.

Got attack I mean, they got scratched, sometimes hits from fans who wants to grab them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Pandafighter86 said:

Seems like u disliked the character he played, but that doesn’t mean the actor is the same. CXX is born rich LoL but he received proper educations and behavior. Many celebs I know who got famous and rich still are friendly. Bodyguards is a must,  u can see how dangerous it is while CXX is trying to go out but surrounded by a bunch of people. 

CXX’s wish was not to be famous but actually to be recognized as a proper actor. Don’t be too critical abt his future:))

I think people got the wrong idea when I said about CXX, I don't hate him because of his character in the drama.

And yes, you said it right, celebrity need bodyguard because of the crazy fans, sometimes the fans unintentionally attack their idol.

After goodbye my princess, I believed that CXX will get popular faster since his acting is very good.

I remember that I said I like CXX, but not LCY in this forum.

CXX played GXW/LCY very well, I can feel the emotion, when he's sweet GXW and when he's evil LCY.

I'm sorry if I offended CXX fans, my apology.

• Like 6

I am at episode 49 and can I say how annoyed I am that XF had less than 10 minutes of screen time? I don't remember ever having to fast forward the show so many times before.. When did the political machinations take center stage?

Update: At episode 50: Wow. They really do like to drag!!! XF and LCY barely had any screentime?! This show could have been finished in 1-2 more episodes if they solely focused on the leads!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, vlvl1 said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed his hands bez I was saying to myself dang his hands are nicer than mine. Lol

At first look he may not be as handsome as other male actors but how he protrayed his character was really good which is why u find him amazing. He also did really well as YH in the Legend of the condor hero drama with his excellent acting which I noticed him there as well. 

I have seen really handsome actors that can’t pull off some scenes that CXX can with emotion just with his eyes or smile. I think he will have great potential in this industry. 

Again, such pretty hands. :lol::lol:

He looks really good in period costumes after he slimmed down. He is what I would think of when someone describes 玉树临风,淡雅出尘. I think the closest I can place who gives off similar vibe is Kim Soo Hyun. 

Here is CXX coaxing you to bed at night..  :wub:

https://m.weibo.cn/6011040146/4353854906304640

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Behind the scene for the last episode with english sub:

Wow, Chen Xing Xu really immersed with his Li Cheng Yin character. Good job!

But it must really so tiring for him. If the viewer from afar already feel emotional, what's more for the actors & actress that embodied the characters themselves? I'm so glad that Peng Xiao Ran hugged & consoled him after that as an his co-star & senior. I hope they gonna work together again in a drama that has good script with a happy ending.

Rest well & take care my beloved crown prince & crown princess!

Credit: goodbyemyprincess_cdrama ig

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 2

I watched the finale and cried a river. I was especially wowed by the superb acting in the last confrontation between XF and LCY. It's hard to believe that PXR and CXX are rather newbie actors, their acting professionalism is no joke. The BTS really showed that they gave them all for these roles. CXX got all the attention in the finale and he really deserves it but I also want to shout out to PXR for portraying such a lovable and tragic female character. I've never fallen so hard for a female lead! I was a fan of the novel and PXR IS Xiao Feng, if not more realistic and relatable than what I imagined about her. I was so moved in XF's last scene, especially when they showed the flashbacks of her young and happy days after her stirring speech. I suddenly thought to myself "Ah, she grew up this much through the episodes. XF, despite heartbreaks and tragedy, is still able to love and share the love. She has really grown up to become a princess we can all be proud about". The details and subtlety in her acting are just amazing. On a superficial side, I don't know many actresses can still look this beautiful when they cry. I was literally fangirling whenever XF cries, how can you not love her? I hope to see PXR in another great project where she can showcase her acting potentials.

After watching many BTS, I think I also have to give credit to the director Li Mu Ge for his attention to acting details and guidance for the young actresses and actors. I wonder if he was the one who decided to shoot real horse riding scenes and use real landscapes for West Liang scenes. If true, this proves his dedication to ensure high production quality which helps elevate the drama to a new level of genuineness. The sole reason I decided to follow this drama after the first episode was because I saw that the cast can actually ride horses across the grassland LOL. I thought, if they spent this much effort to have the cast learn how to ride real horses, the other departments wouldn't be too bad. And I wasn't disappointed! I will definitely keep an eye on his future projects.

Sending many :heart: to the production team! Thank you!

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Couldn't resist and ended up watching the last episodes without subs.  I'm so sad the drama is over.  Every so often, I think we need a good tragedy and cry.  I'll miss the cast, too.  I hope they get more lead roles in the future.  CXX is an awesome antihero - it's too bad the director/writing softened his character.  I'd like to see him play the villain/antagonist in another drama.

The last episodes were pretty much expected, but I thought the big reveal scene with Sese was a little anti-climatic.

Spoiler

When LCY revealed to Sese his true feelings, I really thought he would be cold and caculating.  But, I was kinda disappointed he looked somewhat remorseful during her sad reaction to him.  Also, I think Sese cried more when she found out about that pregnant maid than in this last scene.  I was expecting this big reveal and emotional outburst, yet it was kinda "meh" and anti-climatic.  Gu Jian's last scene in episode 48 was so emotional and heartbreaking, and even though he wasn't my fave character, I cried so much.  Yet, Sese's big reveal scene didn't have that same impact where I didn't even feel sorry for her.

• Like 4

I also did not think CXX was handsome enough for a lead, but he just slowly and steadily started to occupy my mind like a slow-poison cos of his acting.  But now, I think he is very handsome, especially his beautiful hands:tounge_wink:.  Red color is meant for PXR.  she was so beautiful in all the red robes she wore :kiss_wink:.

Aren't they beautiful????:wub::wub:.  She is looking gorgeous in yellow too....

I am curious as to how he is addressing her since she is both senior by age and acting.  Coz in Korea it's a must that they have to give more respect.  Does he call her jeijei or some other word.  Can someone who understand Chinese tell us?  Coz in one of the bts, when he asked her to adjust his pillow and clothes, there was no proper translation.

Cr: as tagged

• Like 2

@pad-hari They call each other "teacher". She calls him 陈老师 (Chen Lao Shi/Teacher Chen). This is what you kinda call people in the industry as a sign of respect. I think he calls her "brother" as a little bit of a joke xD. Like 彭哥 (Peng Ge/Brother Peng). I saw it in one of the interviews if I am not wrong. He also sometimes call her Xiao Feng. Hehehe. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2