[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess 东宫

0ly40

I am way behind. I think the pictures are what I mostly love in this drama.

With all the sadness...

- Isnt it sad that you have to hide your feelings (pretend to be desperately in love with one, while acting cruel to the one you truly love, and making her cry blood all the time, and hence, hating (while loving) him?) Very confusing! ---> LCY

- Isnt it sad to love someone but seeing him being lovey dovey with another? ---> XF

- But it is also sad that you get to love someone your whole life, obsessed over him, only to realize that his love towards you is as fake as a wig. ---> SS

I think these sadness made me celebrate more on the eensy weensy scenes where our OTP shares the same screen and not yelling at each other ^^"

As for ideal ending...

I wish our OTP can free themselves from what binds them and start over. Reincarnation, perhaps. Unless both can forget about who they were, in what kind of family and surroundings they're from.

• Like 5

Watching this part, suddenly felt pity for LCY's love more. Dictatorial, possessive to the point of obsession. This is LCY when he realizes he can lose XF at any time. When he realized that he was about to lose XF, he became desperate, not even caring about the identity of a Crown Prince. He had not kept his usual calm, artificial appearance when standing in front of someone he still took advantage of. He dared to do incredible things, he was burning the citadel when the Emperor was still standing in it, then he rushed into the sea of fire, despite the danger only to find his "wish for life".
This is also the scene that I like the most in the last few episodes, feeling that every sentence in the novel is brought to the drama very vividly.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hace 7 horas, furu.vu217 dijo:

Viendo esta parte, de repente, recibí el mensaje de El amor de LCY más. Dictatorial, posesivo hasta el punto de obsesión. Este es LCY cuando se da cuenta de que puede perder XF en cualquier momento. Cuando se dio cuenta de que estaba a punto de perder un XF, se desesperó, sin siquiera preocuparse por la identidad de un príncipe heredero. No había mantenido su apariencia tranquila y artificial cuando estaba parado frente a alguien de quien todavía se aprovecha. Se convirtió en un juego de cosas increíbles, cuando el Emperador todavía no tenía pie en ella, ni siquiera se había precipitado en el mar de fuego, a pesar del peligro solo para encontrar su "deseo de vida".
Esta es también la escena que más me gusta en los últimos episodios, que siento que cada frase de la novela es llevada al drama de manera muy vívida.

I do not understand anything!! When is this scene? XF does not die by A`Du's sword? Return to the Li Empire with LCY? Who is the baby? I'm confused.
This is the alternative ending they talked about? She dies the same and what does he do in that river?

• Like 2

On 3/20/2019 at 7:16 AM, USAFarmgirl said:

Thank you and no it's not mentioned in the drama for I just wrote it.  :)

To me it was never the lack of love in him for her, for that was always there.  Rather it was the fate of unknowing how great that love was and just what she meant...:bawling:

@USAFarmgirl or, not learning enough to let go of the past and be open to what could be in the future; when XF held too long onto GX, she failed to see what was right in front of her.  Destined to meet but not destined to be together... and maybe this love is not that great, because neither of them can let go of their fears to love.  Remember, love is about letting go and neither could let go of revenge (the male lead) and perceptions of a great first love (the female lead).

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 1:50 PM, furu.vu217 said:

LCY hates walnut cake. Only Grand Dowager Empress know that, the person he truly believes in so he could relieve a peaceful sleep without being wary of anything. He acted so well that his childhood friend SS always beside him also mistook that he liked it.
As he gradually steps by step to achieve the ambition he wants, when he doesn't need to wear that fake mask anymore, when he can openly loves and cherishes XF without having to fear anything, but unfortunately at that time she gave up her own feelings & love for him ...
Acting your whole life, are you tired, LCY ?

007axdzDgy1g197c4z7jdg30q90hie8i.gif

@furu.vu217  LCY can never stop acting - he has learned always to mask his true emotions because once he shows love for something, he has learned that it will be taken away from him - love is a fundamental weakness in palace politics.  And that is why we all watch and are grateful that despite the pageantry, we can choose to live our own lives and not constantly be playing a game of chess in order just to survive.

• Like 6

Gsmith: ep 47 or 48 when XF, adu, GJ want to walk out from gate. LCY saw them when all peasant bow to king when they distribute the coin. XF try to save the little girl and suddenly the big wood knock her head and that is the part she remember the past and everything. 

• Like 3

On 3/21/2019 at 1:00 PM, piluche said:

The end is coming and there's just going to be more heartbreak. Our mains aren't going to catch a break at all before they separate forever. LCY is such a pitiful prince who started out naive and innocent until revenge blind sighted him. Same with our princess, her happy bubbly life was cut short by her beloved. I think the ending is only right so that she can be free from all the heartache and he himself can be free from having to protect her. I like that it ended with her on opposite side of him because that's how it started with him, on opposite her grandfather's troops. 

@piluche the beginning is the end and the end is the beginning; as for the river of forgetfulness, do have of us really ever forget?  We'd like to think that we do, but the bruise and the ache are still there - it is just not painful.

And despite this drama's ending, neither of them will ever really escape from the mayhem of their emotions and the choices that they made.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dashmount20 said:

Gsmith: ep 47 o 48 cuando XF, adu, GJ quieren salir de la puerta. LCY los vio cuando todos los campesinos se inclinan ante el rey cuando distribuyen la moneda. XF intenta salvar a la niña y de repente la gran madera le golpea la cabeza y esa es la parte que recuerda del pasado y todo. 

Thank you. I speak Spanish and I read in English, and I look at the images in Chinese. I get confused. I have suffered so much with this drama. It's beautiful but I do not want to see a Chinese drama anymore in my life.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, rosamundekingsley99_stv said:

and maybe this love is not that great, because neither of them can let go of their fears to love.  Remember, love is about letting go and neither could let go of revenge (the male lead) and perceptions of a great first love (the female lead). 

Great point and I understand your thoughts and it would seem there are a lot of viewers whom would agree with you and some are even angry at XF or LCY for all the missed opportunities and misunderstandings.  For not giving in or giving up even some thinking watching this drama  in the first place was a waste of their time.

Yet I am not one of those and am still watching even knowing all I did and still do.  The fact that I love happy endings and try my best to stay away from sad or open endings.  Yet am still here says so much about the uniqueness of these actors and what they brought to our screen.  We each can and should have our own views for that's what makes it interesting.  Yet I truly don't think anyone can honestly deny the chemistry that just poured out of this OTP episode after episode.  To the point that our emotions are all different and torn and aching in the want and need for something other than what is being given. Even some lashing out because it feels as if someone has to be at fault when a story seems to sad to let go of and that why inside our heads and hearts can't be silenced.

The truth is sometimes whether in life or in stories there isn't always a happy ending even if two people have love and even deserve it.  The hard part is accepting that they both suffered together, apart, and alone and never received the lifetime of happiness their love deserved. I have quoted this before when thinking about them, " So close and yet so far" but I was wrong for they were close enough to share, care, and yes even regret. 

Still a part of me thinks that they married not once but twice and they loved each other and while young gave their hearts to one another of their own free will.  That there were moments of happiness and even gratefulness.  That loving even for brief moment is often a miracle in itself. 

When I saw some of the spoilers about the ending I remember thinking that he was the last thing on her mind and I want to believe that she was years later the last thing on his mind as well.  Maybe it's wishful thinking but even though they didn't have a lifetime together.  Maybe for someone like me great love is in remembering and never forgetting that once there was love...

Reminds me of a rather old song I hope no one will mind my sharing...  Sometime you can't help whom it is you fall in love with even when you can't be with them forever...

Spoiler

Acabo de comentar que nunca he visto un drama chino en mi vida.

Es un hermoso drama. La fotografía, el vestuario, los escenarios y la pareja líder. Tiene escenas increíbles: cuando se enredan en el pañuelo, cuando GJ camina por el desierto, las dos bodas de los protagonistas, etc. Son realmente geniales.

Pero la historia, y creo que ha sido bien contada, es terrible.

La mayoría de los espectadores creen que un final triste es apropiado. Pero me niego a aceptar que hay vidas tan miserables como todos los personajes en esta historia.

Aclaro que he visto subtítulos en inglés hasta el episodio 40. Esta es mi opinión:

LCY: No creo que haya perdido el amor de la venganza. Todo comenzó a vengarse de su madre y de la familia Gu. Esa es la razón por la que perdió XF en State Xi. Pero en el Imperio Li, una vez que comprendió que ama a XF, sus acciones obedecen a un problema de supervivencia. Sabe que si no se deshace de la Emperatriz y la familia Gao, nunca podrá estar con XF. Creo que su gran error fue pensar que una vez que lo tuviera, podría manejar las cosas con XF.

Nunca fue feliz. Mataron a la madre, fue criado por su asesino, sus 2 hermanos murieron prácticamente en sus manos, mataron a la familia de la mujer que amaba, se enamoraron de una mujer que nunca pudo decirle que la amaba y que se vio obligado a hacerlo. hazla sufrir cosas horribles, la mujer que amaba, lo amaba y lo odiaba en la misma medida, pensó que estaba enamorado de otra persona, la ve morir más de dos veces y al final nunca podrá tenerla por toda la eternidad. . Para tener una vida tan espantosa, debería haber muerto con el primer hermano.

XF: ama y odia a un hombre en la misma medida, tiene la culpa de amar a la persona que mata a su familia, ella cree que el hombre que ama está enamorado de otra persona, se confunde y cree que su primer amor es otro. y ella muere dos veces.

GJ: rechaza a XF cuando estaban en Xi State para vengar a su familia, se rinden al hombre que va a destruir el pueblo de la mujer,  cuando acepta que la ama, que ama a otro hombre, que paga sus faltas y que dedica sus La vida la protegió, aunque él nunca podría protegerla del sufrimiento, al final él la engaña nuevamente, haciéndole creer que él es GXW y finalmente muere. Una vida totalmente inútil.

SESE: otra vida inútil. Ella pasa toda su vida enamorada y gateando alrededor de un hombre que nunca la quiso. Y ella lo sabía perfectamente. Se mintió a sí misma toda su vida. Ella permitió que LCY se acostara en su cara. Ella permitió llevar toda la culpa y los castigos que el hombre que amaba la hicieron sufrir para defender a otra mujer. Un personaje patético. Y eso no sé cómo termina todavía.

General Pei y Luoxi: No sé qué les pasa después de la boda.

El único que más o menos tuvo una vida digna es el séptimo. Princesa, Yong Ning, que tiene un papel de apoyo.

Realmente, nadie fue feliz en el drama.

Siento mucho escribir, pero este drama me ha angustiado y tuve que desahogarme.

37 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Great point and I understand your thoughts and it would seem there are a lot of viewers whom would agree with you and some are even angry at XF or LCY for all the missed opportunities and misunderstandings.  For not giving in or giving up even some thinking watching this drama  in the first place was a waste of their time.

Yet I am not one of those and am still watching even knowing all I did and still do.  The fact that I love happy endings and try my best to stay away from sad or open endings.  Yet am still here says so much about the uniqueness of these actors and what they brought to our screen.  We each can and should have our own views for that's what makes it interesting.  Yet I truly don't think anyone can honestly deny the chemistry that just poured out of this OTP episode after episode.  To the point that our emotions are all different and torn and aching in the want and need for something other than what is being given. Even some lashing out because it feels as if someone has to be at fault when a story seems to sad to let go of and that why inside our heads and hearts can't be silenced.

The truth is sometimes whether in life or in stories there isn't always a happy ending even if two people have love and even deserve it.  The hard part is accepting that they both suffered together, apart, and alone and never received the lifetime of happiness their love deserved. I have quoted this before when thinking about them, " So close and yet so far" but I was wrong for they were close enough to share, care, and yes even regret. 

Still a part of me thinks that they married not once but twice and they loved each other and while young gave their hearts to one another of their own free will.  That there were moments of happiness and even gratefulness.  That loving even for brief moment is often a miracle in itself. 

When I saw some of the spoilers about the ending I remember thinking that he was the last thing on her mind and I want to believe that she was years later the last thing on his mind as well.  Maybe it's wishful thinking but even though they didn't have a lifetime together.  Maybe for someone like me great love is in remembering and never forgetting that once there was love...

Reminds me of a rather old song I hope no one will mind my sharing...  Sometime you can't help whom it is you fall in love with even when you can't be with them forever...

Hide contents

@USAFarmgirl I still have not figured out how to use the highlighter, so I have bolded the parts of your statement that I found intriguing.  To me, both had limited emotional growth potential because of the worlds that they occupy - they have to focus on self-preservation constantly - it is only when neither know who the other is when they were able to open themselves, and in that moment, that was probably the only moment of actual love - not the crazy romantic kind, but the kind that sustains throughout the river of life and adjusts to the curves, the disappointments and shared joys.

You are right - they did not have the opportunity to experience love for a lifetime, but then again, they are not creatures who could make choices and mistakes that allow someone to experience love.

I think that I read somewhere that the male lead here is not that different from the male lead in The King's Woman. Except to a certain extent, he knew that he would be lonely for most of his life because of the position that he occupied.  I am not sure that the male lead here quite appreciated all of that because he was so totally focused on revenge.  The male lead in The King's Woman wanted revenge, the girl, yes, but he also wanted to create a unified China - he had a goal that was beyond just personal vendettas, and so he had to give up everything else.

There is a scene in Scarlet Ryeo (the Korean remake of Scarlet Heart) where the general asks the 9th Prince what he is willing to give up to attain the throne?  Once he knows that the 9th Prince can give up the thing he treasures the most, then he will support him.  And the 9th Prince ultimately did give up what he treasured the most - the woman he loved.

18 minutes ago, Takingthehighroad said:

Blaise Pascal wrote: The heart has its reasons which the reason knows nothing of

Unfortunately, the heart & mind don't always work in tandem. It's the strength within us that determines whether we follow our heart or listen to our "reason." What a tragedy life is sometimes. 

@Takingthehighroad - this is a great quote and Blaise Pascal understood the human mind and heart way better than most of us do in the modern era.  No, the heart and mind do NOT always work in tandem, and hence, you see all the reasons for the catastrophes, but also the miracles, and the sacrifices that people make.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rosamundekingsley99_stv said:

There is a scene in Scarlet Ryeo (the Korean remake of Scarlet Heart) where the general asks the 9th Prince what he is willing to give up to attain the throne?  Once he knows that the 9th Prince can give up the thing he treasures the most, then he will support him.  And the 9th Prince ultimately did give up what he treasured the most - the woman he loved.

I love your post and most of all this portion for it's a great example and perfect not to mention I loved this drama too!  In fact in a lot of ways they have some things in common.  Great job!!!

Also Off Topic

Spoiler

Just wanted to hopefully help with your not knowing how to highlight.  Just cover the words with your cursor that you want to highlight and then press the A that is within the dark square next to the A with the line under it.  See the little arrow next the the darkened squared A press it and the color choice will come down and you can select the color you want and the words you have chose will change colors but not completely until you click anywhere within the post and it will then highlight.  I'm not very good at giving instructions but hoping you can make sense of my poor attempt...  :heart:

13 minutes ago, furu.vu217 said:

Finally, tonight :bawling:

006jBJPPly1g1es3vi1osj30dw0kudmz.jpg

Hide contents

8db0bcb8ly1g1erxd7qkej20hs0a00t5.jpg8db0bcb8ly1g1erxde5g8j20hs0a0dfv.jpg

I just got goosebumps seeing this picture :bawling:

The end is coming and even though I knew it would be heartbreaking, I'm not prepared for this!! :bawling:

Off topic but how darn good does Li Chengyin look in his armoured outfit, fangirl feels are going through the roof :wub::wub:

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

I read the novel years ago and already kind of know where we're going into in the last 4 episodes but I'm not ready to let go of our babies XF and LCY yet. Unlike the immortal couple in Ash of Love who can redeem themselves and find happy ever after in their next reincarnation, this couple is mortal and their pain remains with them for as long as they're alive. But I would like to point out that it is NOT really the immortality that diverges their love fate. Xu Feng and Jin Mi find their happy ending because Xu Feng recognizes the many wrongdoings that he commits against Jin Mi and decides to let go of the past, the power, as well as all the hatred and revenge that can get in the way of their relationship. LCY and Xiao Feng can't because LCY will not and cannot let go of his vengeance because it's the responsibility that he has to shoulder and he decides to prioritize it above others. I really like that they let XF know that LCY kills her grandpa before their marriage in the drama. This shows that their love is not viable regardless of how chances LCY is given to go back and fix his mistakes. After the water from the River of Oblivion gifts LCY and XF a fleeting glimpse of fresh restart and after XF decides to leave the past behind to step into their marriage, it is LCY's decision to methodically hurt Xiao Feng (even for the sake of protecting her from political forces, there's no deny that that he intentionally hurts her in multiple occasions). It's also the posessiveness in his characteristics that he goes on killing anyone who dares to set her free from him. When he forces XF watching him killing GJ, he also voluntarily gives up the very last chance for them to be together. There's no hope for LCY. No matter how many times they drink the water from the River of Oblivion, if LCY is still LCY who wouldn't let go of a thing in his life, their love is hopeless. After so much contemplation, it's just so heartbreaking for me to finally accept this fact :bawling:.

After Ash of Love, this drama is the next one that successfully captures my heart and will remain high in the list of "Must Rewatch" (I already replayed 2x on so many episodes). I basically live with OSTs and FMV these days, I'm not so ready to move on!!! Highly recommend Youtube channel of Nana Chou, she has an excellent collection of OSTs and instrumental BGM. They're just too beautiful and soulful :heart:.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/24/2019 at 4:29 PM, tomo74 said:

@Erafera1hahaha, guess you're one of the people who falling in love with LCY, btw is it LCY or CXX? :tounge_wink:

LCY:lol::lol: portrayed by CXX:D

btw I laughed watch this:lol:he said I'm sorry:lol:

Cr.goodbyemyprincess_cdrama

006PWYULly1g1f5dwqn57j31iu2pgqv5

Spoiler
006PWYULly1g1f2mxfjpfj31iu2pge82

Sr.weibo

• Like 4