Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Goodbye My Princess, 东宫

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

GJ indeed pitiful, he loves XF, but he's weak, that's why he can't get XF's love in the first place, if he's strong enough, he won't listen to his godfather, he will take XF run away when XF begs him in the beginning, then XF won't meet GXW and fall in love but then there'll not be a "goodbye my princess" drama :open_mouth:

But I understand why he mislead XF, his health is getting worse, he has only 1 chance left so he wants to use it to spend time with XF as much as he can.

Why he betrayed XF? he has a mission to complete (to revenge for wiping out his whole family) but since he's a small potato, he can't do much to kill Gao's clan that's why he must collaborate with LCY and his godfather and follow through their's plans.

The other hand, LCY just wants power, his revenge only to the queen, he has the choice either to betray XF or not, but he likes power.

So, talking about who is evil, I don't think GJ is evil, he's just weak, how about GXW/LCY?, I think he is, he supposedly is a smart prince, he can think his way how to kill Danchis without using XF (try to get close to her, do something to make XF fall in love to him, when he knows from the beginning that he just want to used XF).

That's why (from the spoilers) XF forgive GJ, but she can't forgive LCY.

 

As per the original story, i agree GJ is not bad. But in the drama, they are trying hard to show that LCYin wasn't bad and is doing everything for a reason.

 

However, irrespective of any of that, neither is power hungry. Gu clan is also LCYin's mom side of clan. He wants revenge not just from queen but also from Gao.. and even emperor can't defeat Gao because he is powerful. Only power cuts power. Also, don't forget in the drama even king has been waiting fo the oooportunity to punish queen and gao.. because he remembers that they killed his fav wife/LCYin's mother

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG I love this drama so much!!  Even if it has a sad ending, everything so far is so beautiful (I am only on epi 34 as I am watching on viki) I don't understand why the hate with LCY - this isn't a romcom - it is about politics and war, and quite frankly, the fact that he fell in love with the woman he was arranged to be married to is surprising!   LCY is great as the crown prince - he is both so very young (romance) and wise (politics) at the same time.  I think the pairing of XF with him is just beautiful and I was reading some earlier comments about real life ages and how she is too old for him. Oh come on.  Seriously.  it's not like they are 20 years apart in age and in fact, many kings married slightly older women. In this drama, however, the characters seem to be around the same age and it works.

 

the actress that plays XF is stunning.  She is so beautiful & when paired next to LCY, they are a handsome couple.  If they are redoing the ending, I hope it is a good one for the 2 of them.  There are misunderstandings, but XF has to realize the Danchi tribe wasn't all cuddly kittens.  She has to know that they were just as ruthless and perhaps she can forgive LCY for his deeds, which he was tricked into by his brother. 

 

I love everything about this and yeah, I guess a love triangle has to be tossed in there.  I do like GJ a lot, but he needs to look elsewhere. 

 

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

but what do you want him to do, tell her that her love is dead so that she goes into depression?

 

but he isn't dead - it's LCY.  just repackaged. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, biancardi said:

 

 

 

but he isn't dead - it's LCY.  just repackaged. 

GXW is dead.. what can or should he tell her that LCYin is GXW whom she knows killed danchi and did not want to marry?

Plus he who she thinks loves someone else.. she will be devasted..

the only thing that can be told is that GXW is dead.. but that would break her heart too and she will feel as if she is cheating on him with LCYin..

 

so basically, you say nothing and let her assume things on her own (even ths is bad)

everything is wrong

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 41-44...

WTHeck!

Im going to vent out my frustrations.

We got the first 8 episodes of XF and LCY falling in love....and the rest of the drama is them just fighting. Sweet moments here and there...but LCY acting like he loved Sese and treating XF like crap overshadows whatever true love he has for XF. Like I get why he does it...but We’re on ep 44! I never got the sense that XF falls back in love LCY...I love XF..but her character spends the majority of time sad, wanting to go back home, arguing with LCY, feeling like a third wheel who no one wants around, and is constantly being falsely accused.....but she’s just trying to make the best of it!

 

I continued to watch because those sweet little moments gave me such hope! I thought maybe they’ll fall hopelessly back in love with each other again!

NOPE!

Now that she’s close to getting her memories back...that isn’t happening.  I’m just beyond frustrated :unsure:

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

But in the drama, they are trying hard to show that LCYin wasn't bad and is doing everything for a reason.

I like LCY because of the actor, but I don't like LCY's character itself, he is immature and a hypocrite. Ep 41, he said (to the queen) " I'm just a pawn for you to keep your position....... My life means nothing to you, you never thought of me as your son....", it sounds like, he hates that the queen used him, he hates that the queen is a very selfish person, yet he did the same thing to XF.

Talking about doing everything for a reason, I guess, Sese is not a bad person either, LCY mislead her by telling her, "she is the only one", "i would not betray you", etc, he brainwashed her with his promises, so she acts badly because of jealousy.

So I understand why the writer tries so hard to make LCY's character less bad.

Lucky LCY (CXX) is handsome and cute, if not, people have already thrown rotten eggs to his face since the beginning :lol:

  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg everyone!!!! Seems like the alternative ending spoiler is out/known! Don't watch the video unless u want to hear the spoiler! Hm....dont know how I feel quite yet. Will have to see how everything gets executed.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question...

 

So did LCY meet Sese before XF?

 

i forget what episode that was, but Sese explaining to her maid on how she meet LCY...she said she meet LCY when she was a lot younger (I’m assuming preteens based on flashback)? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ayang23 said:

Omg everyone!!!! Seems like the alternative ending spoiler is out/known! Don't watch the video unless u want to hear the spoiler! Hm....dont know how I feel quite yet. Will have to see how everything gets executed.

 

 

Gosh Damn It!

Give XF and LCY the alternate ending...it’s the one I DESERVE!:lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Another question...

 

So did LCY meet Sese before XF?

 

i forget what episode that was, but Sese explaining to her maid on how she meet LCY...she said she meet LCY when she was a lot younger (I’m assuming preteens based on flashback)? 

 

Yes, I believe LCY met Sese first. Sese had a flashback to their first meeting in ep 33 or 34 after she was so devastated about the prego maid. Apparently LCY rescued her or something bc she was injured during that flashback lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bluesunny3 said:

Another question...

 

So did LCY meet Sese before XF?

 

i forget what episode that was, but Sese explaining to her maid on how she meet LCY...she said she meet LCY when she was a lot younger (I’m assuming preteens based on flashback)? 

 

I think so (LCY met Sese first)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ngl...but the more I watch this drama, the more I am disappointed. Ever since XF married LCY, it doesn't feel like she is as in love with him as she was before prior to the marriage and prior to the river of forgetfulness...I can see that LCY has fallen for her yeah, but idk. The love story right now just seems so bland and sad and disappointing... :( And I have no hopes that it'll get better since XF will think GJ is GXW soon and things will fall apart. It seriously feels like the CP had no true, sincere, sweet moments together. 

3 hours ago, bluesunny3 said:

Episode 41-44...

WTHeck!

Im going to vent out my frustrations.

We got the first 8 episodes of XF and LCY falling in love....and the rest of the drama is them just fighting. Sweet moments here and there...but LCY acting like he loved Sese and treating XF like crap overshadows whatever true love he has for XF. Like I get why he does it...but We’re on ep 44! I never got the sense that XF falls back in love LCY...I love XF..but her character spends the majority of time sad, wanting to go back home, arguing with LCY, feeling like a third wheel who no one wants around, and is constantly being falsely accused.....but she’s just trying to make the best of it!

 

I continued to watch because those sweet little moments gave me such hope! I thought maybe they’ll fall hopelessly back in love with each other again!

NOPE!

Now that she’s close to getting her memories back...that isn’t happening.  I’m just beyond frustrated :unsure:

omg yes this is exactly my point. I really want to see them hopelessly back in love, but I guess it isn't possible with all the palace schemes, LCY's greediness and priorities etc.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tomo74 said:

I think so (LCY met Sese first)

 

3 hours ago, ayang23 said:

Yes, I believe LCY met Sese first. Sese had a flashback to their first meeting in ep 33 or 34 after she was so devastated about the prego maid. Apparently LCY rescued her or something bc she was injured during that flashback lol

 

I don't know when Sese and LCY met, but the first person who got married to LCY was XF hehe. I don't know he is sincere with Sese or not at the beginning, because he also uses the same word to seduce Sese "I will never fight with you, I will always treat you well" isn't LCY also saying that to XF the night before marriage. But LCY really fell in love with XF

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Así que el final alternativo ya es: LCY le permite a XF regresar con A`Du a su casa. No sabemos qué pasa después.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, qqbr21 said:

I don't know when Sese and LCY met, but the first person who got married to LCY was XF hehe. I don't know he is sincere with Sese or not at the beginning, because he also uses the same word to seduce Sese "I will never fight with you, I will always treat you well" isn't LCY also saying that to XF the night before marriage. But LCY really fell in love with XF

LCY marry XF for political reason.

LCY took Sese as a concubine with many reasons, first to annoy the queen, second, he (might) have feeling for her (I forgot where and when I saw the spoiler that he told GenPei that his love for Sese already gone, it means he did love her), third for support from her family (her father and her brother).

LCY in modern time can be called as playboy, he speaks with sweet words and give sweet promises.:lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tomo74 said:

GJ indeed pitiful, he loves XF, but he's weak, that's why he can't get XF's love in the first place, if he's strong enough, he won't listen to his godfather, he will take XF run away when XF begs him in the beginning, then XF won't meet GXW and fall in love but then there'll not be a "goodbye my princess" drama :open_mouth:

But I understand why he mislead XF, his health is getting worse, he has only 1 chance left so he wants to use it to spend time with XF as much as he can.

Why he betrayed XF? he has a mission to complete (to revenge for wiping out his whole family) but since he's a small potato, he can't do much to kill Gao's clan that's why he must collaborate with LCY and his godfather and follow through their's plans.

The other hand, LCY just wants power, his revenge only to the queen, he has the choice either to betray XF or not, but he likes power.

So, talking about who is evil, I don't think GJ is evil, he's just weak, how about GXW/LCY?, I think he is, he supposedly is a smart prince, he can think his way how to kill Danchis without using XF (try to get close to her, do something to make XF fall in love to him, when he knows from the beginning that he just want to used XF).

That's why (from the spoilers) XF forgive GJ, but she can't forgive LCY. 

 

 

 

ohh I really agree with you. it was annoying to see many people angry at XF because of the scene with GJ last night. That's because the author managed to make LCY characters different from the novel so the audience loved LCY in the drama. I have read the summary of the novel and I think the character of LCY who has many sins and XF is very suffering. XF only wants to meet her parents, XF is still married to LCY even though LCY killed her Grandfather, XF doesn't even bother LCY and Sese. XF is a sincere woman both before memory loss and after memory loss. But what about LCY, he is still crafty both before he lost his memory or afterwards. All LCY ways to protect XF actually make XF in trouble. His fake love for Sese was too much to make Sese become evil and disturb XF. LCY's order to GPei to protect the XF actually encouraged GPei's feelings to grow and become a gossip of love scandals in the palace. And in the next episode LCY will kill GJ in front of Xfs eyes , XF has get her memory back and I can imagine how much XF hates LCY for killing 2 important people in her life (her grandfather and teacher). LCY deserves Sese because they same cunning, XF is too good for LCY. So I think XF's death is the happy ending of this drama because she free from LCY

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

were the drama's writers also drank LCY drugged soup while wrote these scenes?:lol:

who the heck is our main couple actually LOLOL

 

53215449_307141313312278_130668134117704

 

 

53439450_144632863240832_329129890525953

 

credit to owner

 

In my opinion, without showing those annoying XF-GJ sweet scenes in the drama, LCY has every right to get angry with Gu Jian.  Put aside the question whether LCY loves XF or not, the fact is he is XF legal husband. Even a normal commoner man will get angry if his wife run away with other man, what's more a crown prince! 

 

In LCY point of view; his legal wife is in love with another man, giving him cold treatment, provoking him with Gu Xiao Wu is my love blah blah, Gu Jian, his trusted cousin betrayed him, not to mention his reputation as a crown prince of the country. I'm not expecting LCY to just smile while sipping tea about this issue LOL

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tomo74 said:

LCY marry XF for political reason.

LCY took Sese as a concubine with many reasons, first to annoy the queen, second, he (might) have feeling for her (I forgot where and when I saw the spoiler that he told GenPei that his love for Sese already gone, it means he did love her), third for support from her family (her father and her brother).

LCY in modern time can be called as playboy, he speaks with sweet words and give sweet promises.:lol:

 

 

At first it was a political goal, but LCY and XF's first marriage was purely because of LCY's love for XF. That's why LCY did not directly attack XF's grandfather's headquarters. He plans to marry XF first and kill Grandfather XF without knowing XF so LCY can still have XF. This is different from their second marriage, which was purely because of political encouragement. And you are right he is a god level Playboy hahahha

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, qqbr21 said:

 

At first it was a political goal, but LCY and XF's first marriage was purely because of LCY's love for XF. That's why LCY did not directly attack XF's grandfather's headquarters. He plans to marry XF first and kill Grandfather XF without knowing XF so LCY can still have XF. This is different from their second marriage, which was purely because of political encouragement. And you are right he is a god level Playboy hahahha

 

For second marriage, other than political reason, I also believe LCY want to marry XF because he already develops feeling for her LOL

Remember when XF get angry after knowing her grandfather issue & want to cancelled the marriage alliance, he persuaded her then wiped her tears while pinning her down.

At their second wedding ceremony he looks happy & proud when he saw his bride & keep staring at XF faces although she gives him cold face when they're bowing at each other.

Then on their first wedding night he tried to approaches her but leaves when he sensed she's not in the mood with the knife and get drunk LOL

Yeah in modern drama LCY gonna be labelled as two timer main male lead haha:lol: 

but here I excused him because he need to marry crown princess coz his position as crown prince and he losing his memories before his second marriage wih XF:P

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, vlvl1 said:

Here the link to the latest previews of LCY killings GJ and XF getting her memory back. Wow...

 

https://m.weibo.cn/u/6264447311?jumpfrom=weibocom#&gid=1&pid=1

As bad as this sounds...I dont feel as much heartache for this drama anymore. It wasnt able to keep its momentum going to keep me attached to the love story and characters. The beginning was so heartbreaking and sweet, then it got us hopeful for more sweetness despite the forgotten memories, and now...sigh. LCY confusing feelings for Sese and schemes rlly distracted me from loving the main couple. I am seriously just so disappointed LOL

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...